The Walking Dead Season 6

Options

Comments

• bless the child
    bless the child Members Posts: 5,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This some random ? but I wonder if the Saviors knew about Terminus. Did that ? exist in the comics?
  • Smokey Tha Bandit
    Smokey Tha Bandit Members Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2016
    Options
    i would have no problem with the spoilered but true ending if the writers/AMC didnt do their usual stalling dragging this out for 3 episodes. The last 4 episodes should have been 1.5. We've been hearing about Negan and what he will do for non book readers all year and on the show for 5 damn episodes. You lost your chance to be ambigious with HOW you carried this out, not THAT you did. AMCs milking of this show is understandable but not when it comes at the expense of the viewers intelligence. Ill be back next year. Im not denouncing the show but there is no excitement for what happens because we know this show is committed to cheap parlor tricks and inconsistent writing gimmicks to move the story. If it's anyone less than Abraham then being a week to week viewer is done for me ill catch up when i feel like

im more upset going forward because they had the chance to make this season really bigger and different and maintain its fanbase but chose to stick to D list horror plot "lets all split up and argue with our guard down" horseshit.

FOH if its Abraham, smh... if its anything other than one of the big 2, then its a copout...
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This some random ? but I wonder if the Saviors knew about Terminus. Did that ? exist in the comics?

Probably not. I mean Terminus is quite a ways away from where they are now. It seems like the Saviors are confined to Northern VA.
  • MARIO_DRO
    MARIO_DRO Members Posts: 14,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    IT WAS DUMB TO ME FOR 95% OF EVERYBODY TO LEAVE BASE AND GO FIND DARYL AND THEM...

THEY LEFT THE WEAKEST FOLKS BEHIND
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    MARIO_DRO wrote: »
    IT WAS DUMB TO ME FOR 95% OF EVERYBODY TO LEAVE BASE AND GO FIND DARYL AND THEM...

They didn't leave to find Daryl. They left because Maggie needed medical attention. The only people who went after Daryl were Michonne, Glen, and Rosita.
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Terminus was all for the show, not in the comics.
  • Anti_matter
    Anti_matter Members Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    cracked.com/article_23672_6-authors-who-prefer-adaptations-over-their-own-books.html

#6. The Creator Of The Walking Dead Prefers Almost Every Change The Show Has Made

If you're a fan of The Walking Dead TV series and have mentioned that fact even once on the internet, you've heard a crowd of fans remind you that it was a comic first, by Robert Kirkman. And the comic, they'll point out, is way different -- and way more ? (Hint: At one point a baby gets blasted with a shotgun).

But where most writers who see their property spin off the rails in a TV adaptation weep softly into fistfuls of money, Kirkman is barking shouts of joy over every alteration ... also into fistfuls of money. Partly because of a character who wasn't a Kirkman creation at all.

The Change:

Yep. Daryl Dixon, the ass-kicking, crossbow-wielding, (maybe ? ?) zombie hunter played by Norman Reedus (aka "Probably The Only Reason You're Still Watching The Show") was invented entirely for the TV series.

His inclusion is actually one of a series of choices Kirkman thinks improved on his own work. He has praised the show for such things as broadening the character of Shane Walsh and changing his death, saying that the TV version is "much cooler than the 'wham, bam, thank you, ma'am' that you get in the comic." In the comic, Shane dies almost as soon as the conflict between him and Rick is introduced, whereas the show actually allows for some tension to build before releasing him back into the wild to pursue other television projects.

Another major change is that the character of Carol Peletier has been completely reimagined (in the show she's grown into a courageous badass; in the comic she gets lonely and commits suicide at the prison), causing Kirkman to say that the new Carol is "one of the best parts in the show." That is, better than most of the parts that are actually faithful to his work.

But his favorite change of all is Daryl, who is absolutely nowhere to be found in any of the billion-something pages of the comic series. He's not even hinted at or alluded to. Hell, he wasn't even in the original script. After Reedus auditioned to play Merle, the angry racist who was ultimately played by perpetually intimidating character actor Michael Rooker, series creator Frank Darabont was so impressed with him that it wasn't even enough to give Reedus a role, he decided to create an entirely new character specifically for Reedus to play. Thus was born Merle's brother, Daryl.

Kirkman is every bit as in love with the scruffy, inexplicably motorcycle-riding hero as the show's fans, and has gone on record saying that he'll never bring Daryl into the comic because it would do a disservice to the show.
  • bless the child
    Options

? was contrived as ? lol....I guess you can look at it two ways, either they really believed they were at the top of the food chain, so they wasnt too worried....or it was just lazy writing. They probably were so focused on the Negan reveal that they really didn't give a ? how they got there.

It's crazy when you look at it, it's like they really started to become like they other Alexandrians once they got there. They started to think everything was sweet.
  • bless the child
    Options

They didn't leave to find Daryl. They left because Maggie needed medical attention. The only people who went after Daryl were Michonne, Glen, and Rosita.

Even still though, when Rick and them left they took all of the heavy hitters with them. It was like they was tryna force the confrontation, and the drama that came after. It worked though lol
  • MARIO_DRO
    MARIO_DRO Members Posts: 14,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

TRUE... I STAND CORRECTED...BUT IT STILL DIDNT TAKE THE WHOLE VILLAGE TO TAKE SHAWTY TO THE DOCTOR
  • loch121
    loch121 Members Posts: 12,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

TRUE... I STAND CORRECTED...BUT IT STILL DIDNT TAKE THE WHOLE VILLAGE TO TAKE SHAWTY TO THE DOCTOR

Seeing that every run lately has ended in tragedy damn near,they probably feel every trip is potentially war now
  • suzyscrew
    suzyscrew Members Posts: 1,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Them all riding together was probably just a way of saving time plotwise. If three people left and got caught, we know the others would go looking for them too. And if the Saviors were surrounding them on every street at all times of the day like in the finale, they'd keep getting caught.
  • ineedpussy
    ineedpussy Members Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    real ? .....so what happened to the grenade launcher. i only remember them using one or two and had atleast three or four left
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    loch121 wrote: »

Seeing that every run lately has ended in tragedy damn near,they probably feel every trip is potentially war now

^This. You guys are forgetting that they had several people out who should have been home by the time they left. They took everybody because they knew something was amiss and knew they'd probably need manpower and firepower to make it to their destination.
  • AP21
    AP21 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 17,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i hate some of you nigs
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2016
    Options
    its either glenn , Abraham or Eugene. I don't care about the comics. that was one of the most tense, suspenful scenes I have seen on this show since rick ,glen, daryl and bob were about to get their throats slit back at terminus. plus that ist person view made it more brutal. I just read the comic online and there is no way they can do that ? on primetime tv. that is too gory and it may traumatize some viewers(kids). now for you idiots that think that a chick is the one that got wacked. if you listen closely you will hear a man groaning in pain from those bat strikes. on a side note I can't wait untill negan gets killed off. ? that ? .
  • Smokey Tha Bandit
    edited April 2016
    Options
    its either glenn , Abraham or Eugene. I don't care about the comics. that was one of the most tense, suspenful scenes I have seen on this show since rick ,glen, daryl and bob were about to get their throats slit back at terminus. plus that ist person view made it more brutal. I just read the comic online and there is no way they can do that ? on primetime tv. that is too gory and it may traumatize some viewers(kids). now for you idiots that think that a chick is the one that got wacked. if you listen closely you will hear a man groaning in pain from those bat strikes. on a side note I can't wait untill negan gets killed off. ? that ? .

thats just ? . they can show people getting their faces bitten, children being shot, people being burned but not this? that argument is stupid and hypocritical...

and Negan is the man, you man ? ...
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

thats just ? . they can show people getting their faces bitten, children being shot, people being burned but not this? that argument is stupid and hypocritical...

No ? Megan he must die!
  • Smokey Tha Bandit
    Options

No ? Megan he must die!

babu5aje.jpg
  • Blazedadon87x
    Blazedadon87x Members Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

What I wanna know is if the Saviors knew about the Wolves ? I mean The Saviors appeared 2 or 3 episodes after the majority of the wolves were taken out
  • THIRDSUPREME
    THIRDSUPREME Members Posts: 7,519 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Bruh. They already had a scene at terminus where bats were used and throats were cut. How is this worse.
  • loch121
    Options

Bruh. They already had a scene at terminus where bats were used and throats were cut. How is this worse.

I think it's worse because in that scene,there were other ppl not in the group,but in this case,it's just our group and we know somebody dies,and Negan is just scarier than Gareth
  • loch121
    Options
    I really think it's Aaron also because I just was asking where he been and he pops up in this ep talking about you gotta punch him in the face to stop him.Maggie and Aaron are real tight and Maggie being sick made him come.

I think they'll ? him so graphically it will make up for him not being a day one.They may do that just like how they did Denise instead of Abe,

May call it a cop out,but as much as I want to see a big twist,do I really want a day one survivor to get his head smashed,I do and I don't.
  • loch121
    edited April 2016
    Options

the-walking-dead-top-10-ultimate-death-scenes-308078.jpg