Like Water Members Posts: 5,265 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    gns wrote: »
    Jabu_Rule wrote: »
    @gns, something you wanna say?

Nope
    I disagree with everything u say @Jabu_Rule
    If i wanna say something i'll say it

Lol. The ? posted a factual article. Wtf is there to disagree with? That's like me posting an article about why the sky is blue and you disagreeing with it.

Unless you just don't like the poster his self. If that's the case, carry on.
  • gns
    gns Members Posts: 21,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I have no problem with the poster
    I didnt read the article in full either
    But I c what agenda he is pushing
    ? that black and brown ? , the love and concern cant just be coming from one side
    If these hispanics/latinos whatever tf they wanna b called aint tryna run with us then its ? em
    V0q9wI.gif
  • Jabu_Rule
    Jabu_Rule Members Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? that black and brown ? , the love and concern cant just be coming from one side
    If these hispanics/latinos whatever tf they wanna b called aint tryna run with us then its ? em
    V0q9wI.gif

Bruh, you flagged me talking about Afro Latinos. Basically black people. What does that have to do with Brown? I even elaborated on the history of Blacks in Mexico and their present day status. None of it was a rebuttal or support. I don't get how you can flag those post.
  • leftcoastkev
    leftcoastkev Members Posts: 6,232 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2016
    Options
    d.green wrote: »
    And some of you out here fighting for amnesty and undocumented rights for illegal immigrants.
    SMH.

Really tho....

When a lot of the black "activists" talk they continually mention "blacks and latinos".
    When a lot of the Latino advocates talk they talk about Latinos and don't even mention blacks. Really why should they.....? And why do blacks always wanna mention them and open the door for "sharing slices of the pie". It's stupid.

If you want to climb up the ladder you're going to have to climb past ppl. Only a naive ? is gonna think we are all (races) gonna come up together and be equal all the way around. You better start looking for advantages more so than "equality".

I always thought that it was mainly Puerto Ricans that we are talking about. There are plenty of Black Latinos though so really to me it's redundant. But still, that saying came from a time when they did get down with us and the Black Panthers.

I always thought the phrase included all Hispanics....including the non black ones who rode in on the coat tails of the civil rights movement but quickly forgot it.

Originally when I made that post I was not even considering Black Latinos or any distinction between American Blacks and Black Latinos. I was talking about Mestizos and non dark skinned Latinos/white Hispanics. I personally see black latinos (e.g., black Brazilians, black Dominicans, etc) who live in America as black as black americans.

The majority of Latinos I see in America pushing for resources and political clout are White Hispanics. I have rarely if ever seen them actively include "blacks" in their statements in regards to making progress towards anything. I wouldn't expect them to however. Even with that said, I doubt they are care about the progress of the Black Latino either based on their treatment and socio economic status outside of America.
  • Jabu_Rule
    edited June 2016
    Options
    And some of you out here fighting for amnesty and undocumented rights for illegal immigrants.
    SMH.

Really tho....

When a lot of the black "activists" talk they continually mention "blacks and latinos".
    When a lot of the Latino advocates talk they talk about Latinos and don't even mention blacks. Really why should they.....? And why do blacks always wanna mention them and open the door for "sharing slices of the pie". It's stupid.

If you want to climb up the ladder you're going to have to climb past ppl. Only a naive ? is gonna think we are all (races) gonna come up together and be equal all the way around. You better start looking for advantages more so than "equality".

I always thought that it was mainly Puerto Ricans that we are talking about. There are plenty of Black Latinos though so really to me it's redundant. But still, that saying came from a time when they did get down with us and the Black Panthers.

I always thought the phrase included all Hispanics....including the non black ones who rode in on the coat tails of the civil rights movement but quickly forgot it.

Originally when I made that post I was not even considering Black Latinos. I was mainly talking about Mestizos and non dark skinned Latinos/white Hispanics. I personally see black latinos (e.g., black Brazilians, black Dominicans, etc) who live in America as black as black americans.

The majority of Latinos I see in America pushing for resources and political clout are White Hispanics. I have rarely if ever seen them actively include "blacks" in their statements in regards to making progress towards anything. I wouldn't expect them to however. Even with that said, I doubt they are care about the progress of the Black Latino either based on their treatment and socio economic status outside of America.

Ok, i can get with your thinking on Blacks in Latin America. Puerto Ricans at the time were fighting for independence and they were targeted as much by whites then with Cointelpro. I'm specifically thinking of groups like the Young Lords. It's not like their cause completely aligned with that of blacks though.
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    AggyAF wrote: »
    AggyAF wrote: »
    SMH.

Really tho....

This is the correct answer but black folks need to stop including Latinos now

Black Latinos though? You saying they should just stop being Latino like we should stop being American? I guess there's an argument for that.

Hard question. I say if they down they down if not let them rot
    SMH.

Really tho....

my wife worked as a consultant once, she came home an told me a guy she worked with had hid own company....he was Puerto Rican an only hired Puerto Ricans. you look at wawa's.they only hire their kind. white will hire their own kind if it wasn't for discrimination laws. yet blacks....man I saw alot if sgitbliving in Swiss that really makes me hate my people.

If I'm not mistaken the relationship between ricans and AAs on NYC is much different than Philly.

It's not a hard question because there's no choice to be made. I'm a black man. Never been told anything different and never wanted to be anything different. I'm also latino. The 2 things don't have to be in conflict with each other. I'm just as much of one as I am the other and my life experiences reflect that. Truth be told it only comes up when non latinos question me about how I see or view my race and whether or not I consider myself black. Not once have a I had another latino tell me "You're not black you're latino" or vice versa. That's only come from non latinos both white and black.
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    SMH.

Really tho....

Originally when I made that post I was not even considering Black Latinos or any distinction between American Blacks and Black Latinos. I was talking about Mestizos and non dark skinned Latinos/white Hispanics. I personally see black latinos (e.g., black Brazilians, black Dominicans, etc) who live in America as black as black americans.

The bold is very true and remains a point of contention among latinos because contrary to what some believe, we ain't some big happy group that sees each other as one race. White and lighter latinos treat me just as bad as a white American would. I've had lighter and white latinas tell me their parents wouldn't like if I dated them because I'm black same as a white person in America parents would have an issue with it. There's a reason a certain image of latinos is being pushed. It makes people feel more comfortable to give rights to someone that looks like them, and the more european looking latinos are at the forefront of alot of these movements for that reason.
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @gns, something you wanna say?

Hes a hindu ?
  • gns
    Options
    V0q9wI.gif

Bruh, you flagged me talking about Afro Latinos. Basically black people. What does that have to do with Brown? I even elaborated on the history of Blacks in Mexico and their present day status. None of it was a rebuttal or support. I don't get how you can flag those post.

Ill review it.
    If i feel i have wronged u ill remove it if not ill explain y i flagged it, good day

@max. Eat a ? ?
    Hope u and your moms get gang ? by a pack of wild gypsies while staring in to each others eyes
  • Max.
    Options
    Ur grandmas a ?

Ow wait shes dead

HahahahhahahahahahhahHahah

Too many ? shoved in her mouth

Hahahhahaha
  • gns
    Options
    @Jabu_Rule i looked over what u were talking about
    I actually didnt flag u at all
    I c what u r cosigning in here tho

Dont be ? about reactions again bruh
  • Jabu_Rule
    edited June 2016
    Options

Yeah so it's a reaction instead of a flag. You still did what you did for illogical reasons. I'll ? about what i want. Stop acting like i didn't see all those wtf reactions you hit me with before i did something to get your attention. I guess you got something to say now @gns.
  • D0wn
    D0wn Members Posts: 10,818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    V0q9wI.gif

Mexico had a huge afro mexican population, that was twice the size of the u.s.
    the afro-mexicans were ranned out to the United States, Honduras, Panama, Belize, CostaRica etc. via persecution and opression..

Yes there are afro latinos .... however many afro latinos put their "latinoness", were their at the bottom of the totem anyways, over being blk.

african Americans do the same thing...afro Christians ,afro muslims, afro democrats, republicans, bloods, crips
    They put w/e comes after, over bein blk.

We're all different, but in this world, we all have the same struggle that comes from our Africaness that u cant escape from, ask Hoebama, he the president of the free world, and he only half.

I like the theme in this thread regarding afro latinos, And it should be applied to black ppl globally, even in the states. When the flood starts, you're either in the boat or out the boat . Aint no in, and out at the same time.

We off that #codes2016
  • Max.
    Options

Ill fuckn ? u
  • Jabu_Rule
    edited June 2016
    Options
    D0wn wrote: »
    V0q9wI.gif

Mexico had a huge afro mexican population, that was twice the size of the u.s.
    the afro-mexicans were ranned out to the United States, Honduras, Panama, Belize, CostaRica etc. via persecution and opression..

Yes there are afro latinos .... however many afro latinos put their "latinoness", were their at the bottom of the totem anyways, over being blk.

african Americans do the same thing...afro Christians ,afro muslims, afro democrats, republicans, bloods, crips
    They put w/e comes after, over bein blk.

We're all different, but in this world, we all have the same struggle that comes from our Africaness that u cant escape from, ask Hoebama, he the president of the free world, and he only half.

I like the theme in this thread regarding afro latinos, And it should be applied to black ppl globally, even in the states. When the flood starts, you're either in the boat or out the boat . Aint no in, and out at the same time.

We off that #codes2016

My post were on the history and impacts on Blacks in Mexico and the focus on Afro Latinos. I got off that other stuff about Latinos in general. That's obvious not the case. Having such a diaspora of Afro Latinos (or simply Africans) is a strength for us. If they aren't aware of their history or are too marginalized to announce it, we should do our best to educate them and embolden them. The post about the census was actually part of a drive to recognize our people throughout the Latin world so they can no longer be ignored.
  • gns
    Options

Yeah so it's a reaction instead of a flag. You still did what you did for illogical reasons. I'll ? about what i want. Stop acting like i didn't see all those wtf reactions you hit me with before i did something to get your attention. I guess you got something to say now @gns.

It wasnt illogical i disagree with u, thats it.
    No mal inntent behind it. U cs'ing a racist troll tho tch
    Credibility lost. Peace bruh
    Max. wrote: »

Ill fuckn ? u

No!
    u will do this though
    42.gif~c200
    All Day

• Jabu_Rule
    edited June 2016
    Options

Ill fuckn ? u

No!
    u will do this though
    42.gif~c200
    All Day

Yeah you right. I did that to incite you. I took those cosigns away. But the post i posted was information that was factual and unbiased and geared towards illuminating the history and present circumstances of Afro Mexicans. What was the point of the disagreement there?
  • gns
    edited June 2016
    Options

Ill fuckn ? u

No!
    u will do this though
    42.gif~c200
    All Day

Yeah you right. I did that to incite you. I took those cosigns away. But the post i posted was information that was factual and unbiased and geared towards illuminating the history and present circumstances of Afro Mexicans. What was the point of the disagreement there?

The point I felt u were getting at was showing the shared history of mexicans and blacks with that post and even though thats facts and cant be denied I feel those days are behind us and it is very clear where loyalties lie on the mexican side

So if wasnt just your post but the overall sentiment that these negros should continue to support and fight for a people who couldnt give af about them
    Not anything personal to u in particular just my thoughts if u can understand

Appreciate u taking back the cs
  • d.green
    d.green Members Posts: 12,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2016
    Options
  • Jabu_Rule
    Options

Ill fuckn ? u

No!
    u will do this though
    42.gif~c200
    All Day

The point I felt u were getting at was showing the shared history of mexicans and blacks with that post and even though thats facts and cant be denied I feel those days are behind us and it is very clear where loyalties lie on the mexican side

So if wasnt just your post but the overall sentiment that these negros should continue to support and fight for a people who couldnt give af about them
    Not anything personal to u in particular just my thoughts if u can understand

Appreciate u taking back the cs

My overall sentiment has always been not to cosign crackers over here with the fuckery that they are doing because they have a habit of turning ? against us. It doesn't matter if it involves Mexicans or Samoans. The extreme measures that they are willing to take are always a potential threat to us. It seems people are going for this Trump rhetoric and it's distracting from his dangerous intentions that have no limits on who he is willing to target. Still, Mexicans are on some ? these days and i do agree, but people before me started posting the history of black involvement in Mexico and there is nothing wrong with posting a history about how all these issues started or what the state of black people are in Mexico today including the og post.
  • gns
    Options
  • d.green
    d.green Members Posts: 12,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2016
    Options
  • Cabana_Da_Don
    Cabana_Da_Don Members Posts: 7,992 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Isolated case.Most latinos are not straihgt out German ? racist.But racism is everywhere.Thats why Black people need to protect themselves.