Katt Williams says ancestors were cowards for accepting slavery. Right or wrong?

Options

Comments

• IgboNegro
    IgboNegro Members Posts: 818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    All yall ? agreeing with Kat wouldnt do ? if yall were in their shoes
  • CapitalB
    CapitalB Members Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Katt was right. His ancestors were cowards for accepting slavery.
    IgboNegro wrote: »
    All yall ? agreeing with Kat wouldnt do ? if yall were in their shoes

lol im a runaway slave right now ? u mean bruh!!?
  • Olorun22
    Olorun22 Members Posts: 5,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    I wouldn't say our ancestors were cowards, but you have to realize Europe developed faster technologically than Africa did. Africa was on stone age ? weaponry wise when they got conquered by Europe. It was a knife vs a gunfight at that point. That was due to Europeans being the thieves that they are getting gun powder and other technology from Asia. White people do what they do best and that's steal other people ? and turn it against them. Then oppressing them with their white ? religion of Christianity that reinforces white supremacy and keep ? in a oppressive state.

Moors had guns as well
  • CapitalB
    Options
    i aint afraid of death or jail..
    so i can imagine me not bein afraid of bein whipped or killed back then..

i turned myself in damn near 10yrs ago..
    before i went to see the judge me an my moms sat outside the court and u really gotta hear her tell the story the only way a mother can when it comes to her son..

but i told her there to stop cryin and went on to explain how i saw life and saw us as a people in this country as house slaves or field ? and i told her im no gonna be neither.. that when i get out that i was gonna be a "runaway slave" and if i get to experience one day of freedom id rot in a casket or jail cell happily then to live my life as a slave..

amd iv been runnin ever since..
  • CapitalB
    Options
    and as someone said before about Harriet..
    i feel the same ? way..

if more of u realized we was slaves is save more but ? yall ? ! hahaha
  • felliwonda
    felliwonda Members Posts: 416 ✭✭✭
    Options
    mryounggun wrote: »
    I hate when people be like '? if I was alive back then, I wouldn't have been no slave! They woulda had to ? me!'. It's very easy to say that these days, having never experienced anything remotely close to slavery.

But if you were born a slave - having never known anything else...? you just would have been a slave. That's that.

We were talking exactly the same topic at work couple months ago dawg and I agree sometimes ? is easier said than done especially this topic. People fought and people were forcefully enslaved. There's only so much people can take and eventually fought for freedom but many perished
  • alliknowishate
    alliknowishate Members Posts: 686 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

before i went to see the judge me an my moms sat outside the court and u really gotta hear her tell the story the only way a mother can when it comes to her son..

but i told her there to stop cryin and went on to explain how i saw life and saw us as a people in this country as house slaves or field ? and i told her im no gonna be neither.. that when i get out that i was gonna be a "runaway slave" and if i get to experience one day of freedom id rot in a casket or jail cell happily then to live my life as a slave..

So if you a run a way why ain't you ? the master to show your people freedom is possible or is it because that you're scared to die
  • Fosheezy
    Fosheezy Members Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You think Yeshua would have bowed down in servitude to them white folk????

Are you out of your antennas
  • babelipsss
    babelipsss Members Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wow blaming the slaves for their plight. Modern day slave mentality is real.

Newsflash: Our ancestors were victims. Not shameful creatures.
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Katt was wrong. His ancestors weren't cowards for accepting slavery.
    bambu wrote: »
    AggyAF wrote: »
    ^not all of those were in The US

Not all, but you do understand that the US was established in 1776.....

& Several states had yet to be incorporated......

Spanish Florida/ New Spain is now Florida. ...

Orleans Provence is Louisiana.....

Indian Territory is now Oklahoma. .....

I know that....but the list include Jamaica Mexico and Barbados and others on there
  • CapitalB
    Options

So if you a run a way why ain't you ? the master to show your people freedom is possible or is it because that you're scared to die

yeh cause "runaway" slaves killed they masters..
    how many masters Harriet Tubman ? idiot!!?

listen.. ur emotions is over riding ur logic at the moment.. otherwise u wouldnt have jus stated this dumb ? ..
    get out ur feelings ? .
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    It's just not that simple
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    To say they're cowards or not
  • b'mer...
    b'mer... Members Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • bambu
    bambu Members Posts: 3,529 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Options
    bambu wrote: »
    ^not all of those were in The US

Not all, but you do understand that the US was established in 1776.....

& Several states had yet to be incorporated......

Spanish Florida/ New Spain is now Florida. ...

Orleans Provence is Louisiana.....

Indian Territory is now Oklahoma. .....

I know that....but the list include Jamaica Mexico and Barbados and others on there

I'm bored & some of these ? need schooling, so....

Out of 24 documented rebellions from the sixteenth century throughout the nineteenth.......

5 occurred outside of what we now understand as the United States.......

That means that more rebellions happened in the US or what we know as the US today......

Despite more Africans being transported to the Carribean & south america than the US.....

This really means nothing, as capitalists from across Europe seized every square mile of land in the Western Hemisphere as they could.....

The suggestion that US blacks are weak or cowardly is some ? created in West Indian folklore......

• Muhannad
    Muhannad Members Posts: 3,007 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol @ Revisionist history. Some of these people do anything to make them feel better about their past. If blacks were fighting against slavery like that it wouldn't have lasted for 400 years. Financially it wouldn't have been feasable. They ended it because of industrial revolution. Not because blacks kept fighting. Stop lying to yourself.
    @Muhannad is someone who fought and lost a coward?
    No but then again I never said that. There were lots of rebellions in the caribbean and latin America. US had way less. I think it has something to do with the fact slaves in the US were from various tribes while slaves in other colonies were from the same tribe. They could communicate and retain their cultural identity better.

Still. Africans by large accepted their servitude. That's why some people had to label them cowards.

Vietnamese fought the French, US. Palestinians are still fighting Israel. Going by history I think Africans would've rolled over.
  • texas409
    texas409 Members Posts: 20,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    En-Fuego22 wrote: »
    texas409 wrote: »
    I always wondered if its 60 slaves to one white family and about 3 overseers on a farm why didnt most slaves rebel. ? just never added up to me

Colossians 3:22 
    Servants, obey in all things yourmasters according to the flesh; not with eyeservice, as menpleasers; but in singleness of heart, fearing ?

Ephesians 6
    Servants, be obedient to them that areyour masters according to the flesh, with fear and trembling, in singleness of your heart, as unto Christ;

no just no. New slaves new to America couldnt even understand English let alone process the Bible yet so dont blame that on the book
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Fun fact: black people never just “accepted slavery" in America at any point in history..
  • Muhannad
    Muhannad Members Posts: 3,007 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't get some of these people. Someone actually said choosing death over slavery was the coward thing to do. These people will bend logic to fit their narrative. They can't handle the truth.

People chose life preservation over liberation of their people.

I see people blaming christianity. That turn the other cheek doctrine might have played a part, but it you got black slaves in countries like Mauritania who are islamized and they got the same mentality as black slaves had in the west. The common denominator is black victimhood. I might put up that doc on slavery in Mauritania later on.
    zzombie wrote: »
    jetlifebih wrote: »
    Harriet Tubman said she would have freed more slaves if they knew they were slaves....I believe her

Most of our ancestors didn't know they were slaves....they weren't trying to escape...

The ones who knew they were slaves, are the ones we read about, the nat turners, Gabriel prossers, etc

So they weren't coward, they were unaware or misinformed

You don't have to conceive of yourself as being a slave to know that getting your ass beat and seeing your loved ones abused is enough reason to want to either fight or run away..... it is much more likely that most slaves were simply too scared to engage in violence and disobedience
    That's why Katt labelled them soft. I had to agree with him. You accept that slavery which made you a coward.
  • bambu
    bambu Members Posts: 3,529 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

LOL @ West Indian fables......

? actually think that they fought against slavery harder than anyone else.....

& that Africans never waged war against Europeans.....

Silly ass coolies.....

• CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Copper wrote: »
    Fun fact: black people never just “accepted slavery" in America at any point in history..

Came in to say sutten like this.

At what point did we accept slavery? There were numerous rebellions and Lord knows how many runaways, includin' Africans choosin' to die in the sea than live as slaves.

• alliknowishate
    alliknowishate Members Posts: 686 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

yeh cause "runaway" slaves killed they masters..
    how many masters Harriet Tubman ? idiot!!?

listen.. ur emotions is over riding ur logic at the moment.. otherwise u wouldnt have jus stated this dumb ? ..
    get out ur feelings ? .

Aight let me restate. Why ain't you comin back and showin the slaves that freedom is possible. Go to a jail or prison and break them slave ? out. help them get to a country that won't expedite them. And then you would be on tubman status helping slaves become free
  • KNiGHTS
    KNiGHTS Members Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I remember a teacher saying this in so many words. She highlighted how the Native Americans weren't enslaved because at any given moment they would cut off their own limbs to get free. Basically, it made it impossible to make them slaves. She didn't go further just kinda left the lecture on a "Freedom has a step price; some people are more willing to pay for it than others."

On the flip side, I know he's looking at the situation myopically. Plenty of slaves died for freedom as opposed to serving, but everybody ain't built for death. The survivors now may have been part of revolutions that just got snuffed out or, like dude said, not been enslaved around militant slaves who knew how to organize.

Either way, not all the way wrong but not all the way right.
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    KNiGHTS wrote: »
    I remember a teacher saying this in so many words. She highlighted how the Native Americans weren't enslaved because at any given moment they would cut off their own limbs to get free. Basically, it made it impossible to make them slaves. She didn't go further just kinda left the lecture on a "Freedom has a step price; some people are more willing to pay for it than others."

On the flip side, I know he's looking at the situation myopically. Plenty of slaves died for freedom as opposed to serving, but everybody ain't built for death. The survivors now may have been part of revolutions that just got snuffed out or, like dude said, not been enslaved around militant slaves who knew how to organize.

Either way, not all the way wrong but not all the way right.

Natives wasn't slaves because they were fragile and weak.