Katt Williams says ancestors were cowards for accepting slavery. Right or wrong?

Options

Comments

• LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Other...
    What does that make him?
  • 7figz
    7figz Members Posts: 15,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Some of what he said was jewels, the slave ? was controversial.

How about what he said about changing the system and Jesse Jackson, etc... ?
  • bambu
    bambu Members Posts: 3,529 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    AggyAF wrote: »
    bambu wrote: »
    ^not all of those were in The US

Not all, but you do understand that the US was established in 1776.....

& Several states had yet to be incorporated......

Spanish Florida/ New Spain is now Florida. ...

Orleans Provence is Louisiana.....

Indian Territory is now Oklahoma. .....

I know that....but the list include Jamaica Mexico and Barbados and others on there

I'm bored & some of these ? need schooling, so....

Out of 24 documented rebellions from the sixteenth century throughout the nineteenth.......

5 occurred outside of what we now understand as the United States.......

That means that more rebellions happened in the US or what we know as the US today......

Despite more Africans being transported to the Carribean & south america than the US.....

This really means nothing, as capitalists from across Europe seized every square mile of land in the Western Hemisphere as they could.....

The suggestion that US blacks are weak or cowardly is some ? created in West Indian folklore......

Now you acting stupid and in your feels

I really hope you don't think your list is exhaustive because the fact is there were way more rebellions you didn't include and the majority of slave rebellions were outside the US

I didn't say it was exhaustive......

Just the best documented.....

There is evidence of over 250 uprisings or revolts in north america ( U.S. ) and around 500 on the slave ships (off the coast of the U.S.).......

I'm not going to argue numbers because that would exclude key factors like geography and population......

The myth concerning the greater will to fight back in West Indians than African Americans...........

Is just that, a myth.....

• Mr.LV
    Mr.LV Members Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    But he got punked by a child :bawling:
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Katt was wrong. His ancestors weren't cowards for accepting slavery.

I know that....but the list include Jamaica Mexico and Barbados and others on there

Out of 24 documented rebellions from the sixteenth century throughout the nineteenth.......

That means that more rebellions happened in the US or what we know as the US today......

Despite more Africans being transported to the Carribean & south america than the US.....

This really means nothing, as capitalists from across Europe seized every square mile of land in the Western Hemisphere as they could.....

The suggestion that US blacks are weak or cowardly is some ? created in West Indian folklore......

I really hope you don't think your list is exhaustive because the fact is there were way more rebellions you didn't include and the majority of slave rebellions were outside the US

There is evidence of over 250 uprisings or revolts in north america ( U.S. ) and around 500 on the slave ships (off the coast of the U.S.).......

I'm not going to argue numbers because that would exclude key factors like geography and population......

The myth concerning the greater will to fight back in West Indians than African Americans...........

You're the only one talking about your "myth" and numbers

Reeks of insecurity

There were more rebellions outside the US. That's a fact. it is what it is
  • MD_PROPER
    MD_PROPER Members Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    jetlifebih wrote: »
    zzombie wrote: »
    jetlifebih wrote: »
    Harriet Tubman said she would have freed more slaves if they knew they were slaves....I believe her

Most of our ancestors didn't know they were slaves....they weren't trying to escape...

The ones who knew they were slaves, are the ones we read about, the nat turners, Gabriel prossers, etc

So they weren't coward, they were unaware or misinformed

You don't have to conceive of yourself as being a slave to know that getting your ass beat and seeing your loved ones abused is enough reason to want to either fight or run away..... it is much more likely that most slaves were simply too scared to engage in violence and disobedience

or they didn't know how to engage in violence that would result into what they didn't know at the time was freedom...hell by that logic we don't know what freedom is to this day....

people can use katts same logic and say ? are still cowamutse it is known that this happened and people aren't doing ? ....

Black people have always fought back, and will continue to fight back

marchin and peaceful protesting ASKIN to be treated as a ? human bein aint fightin back..

I tell people all time... why you asking for something thats already yours....

If you out here beggin and pleading for whats rightfully yours, than you need to overcome your own slave mentality before you see the changes you seek
  • blacktux
    blacktux Members Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Muhannad wrote: »
    caddo man wrote: »
    He is saying we accepted slavery like there was never any fighting back. That is the part I have a problem with.
    Apart from Nat Turner and Denmark Vesey there weren't many rebellions in the US. None was succesfull. In some states black slaves outnumbered these whites 5 to 1 and still didn't fight. These white quakers and abolutionists went harder than these black slaves.

I think Katt was right about them...

Nah man.

EVERY black that ran away was a rebel.
    EVERY black that said man i would rather be out in the wild on my own than to be a slave to another man was a rebel.
    EVERY black that stood up to their oppressor and got ? , lynched, castrated, or jumped off the ? boat if they couldnt take that ? over was a REBEL.

There were millions of our people that said "? all that" from the first boat ride to emancipation and STILL TODAY that rebel spirit lives on in some of us.

Yall read those white textbooks and watch these white movies where our people just out in the field singing and carrying on, living their whole lives as happy slaves. THATS THE TRICK, because real black history you would know that was never the case.

The point he made was, to live your whole life as a slave is cowardly, and i agree there. There is no excuse.
  • bambu
    bambu Members Posts: 3,529 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

You're the only one talking about your "myth" and numbers

Reeks of insecurity

There were more rebellions outside the US. That's a fact. it is what it is

Facts are typically supported by evidence....

& you have none.....

If I am the "only" one talking about numbers, why the ? you and the op keep talking about "facts" and where more rebellions took place?????

Like I said before, American plantations were far smaller than those in other parts of the Western Hemisphere and because in the United States, unlike the West Indes, whites outnumbered slaves......

In addition to the smaller geographic scale of the West Indes.....

So suggesting that more occurred outside of the U.S. is a faulty comparison.....

"Stupid, feels, insecure".....

? ...

I don't know what makes you so comfortable posting reckless ? at the ? .......

You best check your keyboard before you approach me with that ? .....

• Trillaaaaaa
    Trillaaaaaa Members Posts: 8,974 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Katt was right. His ancestors were cowards for accepting slavery.
    I agree....I'm Haitian, my ancestors cut heads off and burned houses

Y'all ? was singing "we shall overcome"... ? that ?
  • NoCompetition
    NoCompetition Members Posts: 3,661 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Options
    I see a lot of good examples as far as rebellions. But dont discount the side of the fighting that they did to actually get the laws changed. There were countless black people involved in the abolitionist movement and hundreds of thousands who fought (and won) the civil war. So dude is completely inaccurate. Wasnt exactly easy for them to move and do those things either. But they did. I get it some wanna be disrespectful everybody here aint black or even seem to like black people so no thing just let em show themselves but its good to notify about the truth too. Truth over lies and inaccuracies. Easy for somebody to say all that who wasnt there and doesnt even know how it was. They had a huge hand in ending it. Thinkin whites suddenly got nice for some reason and looked out for the silent blacks is completely inaccurate. Gotta remember they were outnumbered and locked down by murderers and that type. And still made it happen.
  • LUClEN
    Options
    Other...
    Mr.LV wrote: »
    But he got punked by a child :bawling:

Katt-Williams-kid-choke-hold.jpg
  • NoCompetition
    NoCompetition Members Posts: 3,661 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Stories of people like Harriett Tubman (she's gon be on the 20 maybe look her up she wasnt the only one resisting and risking their life unlike dude) and pictures of Black Union soldiers should tell anyone that they didnt just "accept" it back then. Theres literally proof that they didnt. Some people just gotta lie and be ridiculous. Good to see that there is understanding to the truth here.
  • Olorun22
    Olorun22 Members Posts: 5,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Yeah and Haiti is ? and you're over here enjoyingthe fruit of aa labor. ? you immigrants
  • Louis Devinear
    Louis Devinear Members Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Your ancestors might have been thorough

But you ?
  • A Talented One
    A Talented One Members Posts: 4,202 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Options

Y'all revolution actually made it a lot more difficult for the rest of our ancestors. White people greatly ramped up security precautions after it. The Haiti uprising scared them greatly, as it should have.
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    mryounggun wrote: »
    I hate when people be like '? if I was alive back then, I wouldn't have been no slave! They woulda had to ? me!'. It's very easy to say that these days, having never experienced anything remotely close to slavery.

But if you were born a slave - having never known anything else...? you just would have been a slave. That's that.

nah my ? .
    theyd have had to ? me..

Naw u woulda bucked then next time I'd see u u would be Boss Toby with one foot lol
  • LUClEN
    Options
    Other...

Y'all revolution actually made it a lot more difficult for the rest of our ancestors. White people greatly ramped up security precautions after it. The Haiti uprising scared them greatly, as it should have.

Plus the uprising crippled their economy when the French came back following the revolution
  • LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY
    LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY Members, Writer Posts: 17,670 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Unessasary topic. Its too easy to not be in the same situation and talk slick about others people 's plight.

He rather talk and react about TODAY BLACK AMERICANS SITUATIONS than HIDDING BEHIND THE PAST.
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Most disrespectful and ignorant thread ive ever seen on here by far.

• DR. JEK
    DR. JEK Members Posts: 5,331 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Kat can't say ? about nobody excepting ass whoopins.

He excepted on from a damn 14 year old

Atleast it was grown men with weapons making them bow down

That ? ? Kat up

Foh Kat
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    S2J wrote: »
    Most disrespectful and ignorant thread ive ever seen on here by far.

By far fam and there have been some doozies in my time here
  • Stiff
    Stiff Members Posts: 7,723 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So are people in prison currently serving life sentences cowards as well for not fighting to the death or killing themselves?
  • CapitalB
    CapitalB Members Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Stiff wrote: »
    So are people in prison currently serving life sentences cowards as well for not fighting to the death or killing themselves?

whatever they did to get a life sentence they had the courage to do when ? wont so much as steal a pen from they job in fear of bein reprimanded..

slavery was LEGAL..
    last i checked criminals aint followin laws in fear of punishment.. i.e. jail!
  • Stiff
    Stiff Members Posts: 7,723 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Stiff wrote: »

whatever they did to get a life sentence they had the courage to do when ? wont so much as steal a pen from they job in fear of bein reprimanded..

slavery was LEGAL..
    last i checked criminals aint followin laws in fear of punishment.. i.e. jail!

Makes no difference when the end result was the same...? . How is it cowardice to accept ? under one circumstance but not the other?