northside7 Members Posts: 25,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nas
    And lol @ Nelly. ? trash music.
  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    _Goldie_ wrote: »
    ? is sayin nobody cared about Jay vs Nas outside of Ny?

3494581-3352100151-50-Ce.gif

Yeah I was living in Massachusetts at the time and I used to frequent the DaveyD.com message board. Thats all anybody talked about for a few years. Then when that message board dried up I switched to sohh.com around 2004 and people were still talking about Nas vs Jay.
  • _Goldie_
    _Goldie_ Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 30,349 Regulator
    Options
    I'm not even talkin bout online. Both Ether and The Takeover got heavy radio play in DC. That ? was the topic of conversation in every hood and barbershop over here.
  • supergangster
    supergangster Members Posts: 8,872 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nas
    Yeah agree people some1 ? this dude. Who the ? says nobody cared bout Nas vs Jay? Please.
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nas
    Yeah agree people some1 ? this dude. Who the ? says nobody cared bout Nas vs Jay? Please.

dead
  • GetoBoy
    GetoBoy Members Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Eminem
    I think this is the problem with saying nas ran 2002 becuz you have to say Jay ran it with him becuz they were damn near a package deal in this term for the whole year..... Em was on a island winning all by himself and please don't lie to yourself and say everybody was only talking bout Nas and how he won becuz I'm in the bay and that ? wasn't as one sided as you might think.... Then you wanna go albums BP2 was just as big as stillmatic while I'll admit not as good.... I'm not saying Jay WAS MVP I'm just saying making nas MVP off a beef you'd literally have to then say Jay shares MVP becuz nas wasn't in the beef by himself they both were discussed evenly
  • supergangster
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Nas
    GetoBoy wrote: »
    I think this is the problem with saying nas ran 2002 becuz you have to say Jay ran it with him becuz they were damn near a package deal in this term for the whole year..... Em was on a island winning all by himself and please don't lie to yourself and say everybody was only talking bout Nas and how he won becuz I'm in the bay and that ? wasn't as one sided as you might think.... Then you wanna go albums BP2 was just as big as stillmatic while I'll admit not as good.... I'm not saying Jay WAS MVP I'm just saying making nas MVP off a beef you'd literally have to then say Jay shares MVP becuz nas wasn't in the beef by himself they both were discussed evenly

Man you're selfish , you're jealous , you only pay tribute to Jay Z. It is time for you gone to admit it was Nas year. What is the problem?

Jay had the year before , and Nas had the year after .

Both have talent, Nas was the one who released records with most quality that year so simple it's just, accept
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Nas

Winning that battle kicked off the year for him, I pretty much shut this thread down before it started in the 01 thread so let me copy and paste a few quotes from there
    [
    If it comes down to just sales alone then yea sure, just change the thread the title to "who sold the most", but Nas started off the year riding high from stillmatic and the victory over Jay, multiple classic guest appearances throughout the year, dropped another all time classic with Lost tapes and another borderline classic with Gods son, it was Nas' year you can argue Em but gtfoh with Nelly
    [te]

It's a collection of everything, Nelly had hits but didn't have a classic album, musically he just wasn't up to par with Nas or Em to be considered mvp

Why are you doing this? The first ? I posted was "it's a collection of everything", Talib put out a pretty good album that's it, Nas put out two potential classics, was riding high from an all time classic that had just dropped a few weeks before 02, had multiple hits including guest appearances on he just in case remix, I'm gonna be alright with j lo, that Jagged edge track, that Kay slay track and thugz mansion, had epic moments like winning the beef with Jay and the Gods son tour where he brought out Jada and Luda for the made you look remix, it was his year period
  • Soloman_The_Wise
    Soloman_The_Wise Members Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nas

BY that Logic Ja Was Corunning ? with 50 even though 50 was on the winning team and Ja was on the losing for years after 50 dropped GRODT. There is only one winner every superbowl not cowinners...
  • PanchoYoSancho
    PanchoYoSancho Members Posts: 13,177 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This is too tough to call. Nas was stilling rolling with 'Stillmatic'. '? 's Son' was a banger and 'The Lost Tapes' was the 2nd best album of the year after 'The Fix'.

'The Eminem Show' was my favorite Em album and the last one I actually bought. "Lose Yourself" was an all time classic. Obviously, Em ? on Nas in the sales dept, but Nas was rejuvenated and making the best music of his career after 'illmatic'.

Em had the streets with his artist 50.... He had the pop charts becuz he white.... he had the theaters becuz of his movie. . he had arguably the biggest single at the time with lose yourself.... He had the respect of his peers becuz of his bars.... He had every award you could think of from music to movies... I mean damn how much more MVP of a year can you be??? If Em was black with a year like that we'd be calling it the greatest year ever for a rapper
    If Em was black, he probably wouldnt have had a year like that.
  • 5 Grand
    Options
    This is too tough to call. Nas was stilling rolling with 'Stillmatic'. '? 's Son' was a banger and 'The Lost Tapes' was the 2nd best album of the year after 'The Fix'.

'The Eminem Show' was my favorite Em album and the last one I actually bought. "Lose Yourself" was an all time classic. Obviously, Em ? on Nas in the sales dept, but Nas was rejuvenated and making the best music of his career after 'illmatic'.

Em had the streets with his artist 50.... He had the pop charts becuz he white.... he had the theaters becuz of his movie. . he had arguably the biggest single at the time with lose yourself.... He had the respect of his peers becuz of his bars.... He had every award you could think of from music to movies... I mean damn how much more MVP of a year can you be??? If Em was black with a year like that we'd be calling it the greatest year ever for a rapper

The Eminem Show might be Eminem's best album, however;

Stillmatic >>> The Eminem Show

Lost Tapes >>> The Eminem Show

? 's Son >>> The Eminem Show

Basically Nas released 3 albums in the span of 12 months and they were all better than the album Eminem released that year.

• Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Eminem
    Cant co-sign ? 's Son being better than Em Show and again this topic isnt about just the music just like the MVP in any other platform isnt about just one thing.
  • 5 Grand
    Options
    Sion wrote: »
    Marshall

The Eminem Show
    8 Mile (movie & album)
    G-Unit/50 Cent

His wave was crazy he was legit inspired & motivated coming off the Chronic 2001 tour, just when everyone thought he was gonna be a 1 hit wonder he showed and proved.

No he didn't. His music was corny and has no replay value.
  • GetoBoy
    Options
    Eminem

BY that Logic Ja Was Corunning ? with 50 even though 50 was on the winning team and Ja was on the losing for years after 50 dropped GRODT. There is only one winner every superbowl not cowinners...

That is not the same becuz 50 wasn't just running the hippy hip hop crowd he had the WHOLE game on lock..... You'd be a gawd damn lie to say nas was any bigger outside of that beef..... How is being involved in a beef make you MVP of the whole year??? I'm convinced yall don't even know what MVP of the year means.... Y'all can try and push this agenda that nas ran the year but he really didn't run it anymore then Jay did meanwhile Em had his hand in basically every part of hip hop on a high level from the hippy hip hop crowd to the pop hop crowd to his peers to the media.... This really is revisionist history going on
  • GetoBoy
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Eminem

So basically what you saying is Em can't be MVP becuz his achievements have a asterik next to them becuz he white??? I don't ? with him but there's no why you can objectively look at his resume for 2002 and say he not MVP of that year.... There's alot of bias going on and the funny thing when 2003 come up y'all gonna say his artist ran that year for basically having a year just like him off the buzz he got from being with Em smh
  • supergangster
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Nas

If Eminem was Black he Would be working at mc donalds
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Other (specify)
    Not sure if he been mentioned but I think u can argue Luda, not to win but to b nominated

2nd 3x plat album which a lotta folks consider his best, as well as him beginning to jump into a successful acting career. I'd argue he has as good if not a better case than my boy cam, clipse, or face
  • Gee_has_hot_picture
    Gee_has_hot_picture Members Posts: 2,160 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Eminem
    this Soloman_The_Wise ? isnt all there lol

Em ran the streets with 50, had a box office hit, had the respect of his peers with the eminem show and one of the biggest hip hop singles ever

nas wasnt even more relevant than nelly//ja rule back then sadly

anyone voting for nas is just being biased and really doesnt understand the question, the ? em was winning grammys

the eminem show was a hip hop album

I am not all there but you are the ? with the male groupie stalker screen name posting on the site that has adopted the HipHop Culture Phenomenon of 2002 in the term Ether into a button. I swear you ? ass tricks are confused I got a funeral to go to I do not have time for weirdo's right now...

stop trying to relive history, even Nelly was bigger then him and nas is the goat to me number 1, ive said it many times

but nas wasnt running ? , but your name is soloman and probably a nut job Muslim who thinks any of that ? is actually real LOL

muhammad is the greatest to you, to the rest of the world you need to be locked up for believing in these fairy tales
  • Gee_has_hot_picture
    Gee_has_hot_picture Members Posts: 2,160 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Eminem
    Stew wrote: »
    Cant co-sign ? 's Son being better than Em Show and again this topic isnt about just the music just like the MVP in any other platform isnt about just one thing.

logic isnt allowed these forums be careful for making to much sense

• T. Sanford
    T. Sanford Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Eminem

If Eminem was Black he Would be working at mc donalds

*sarcasm* & if 2pac & Biggie were alive then 99.9% of the rap game would be packing at UPS, shut up
  • 5 Grand
    Options
    I said it was a tie between him and Nas. Fact is, if he wasnt white, he wouldnt have sold half of what he did. Not knocking the numbers, but its the truth. You cant debate that.

5 Grand wrote: »

The Eminem Show might be Eminem's best album, however;

Stillmatic >>> The Eminem Show

Lost Tapes >>> The Eminem Show

? 's Son >>> The Eminem Show

Basically Nas released 3 albums in the span of 12 months and they were all better than the album Eminem released that year.
    But you said Will Smith was the MVP of 1998 cause he sold the most records?

105205_o.gif

No I didn't. We were debating the MVP of 1998 and people were saying that it was between Jay Z and DMX because they "sold the most". I think they both sold 5 X Plat.

I said, "if its about who sold the most than its between Lauryn Hill (8X plat) and Will Smith (9X plat)".
  • ChillaDaKilla
    ChillaDaKilla Members, Banned Users Posts: 7,082 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Eminem
    smp4life wrote: »
    Still no Xzibit?

He was the sixth man off the bench
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    Nas
    What was Xzibit doing in '02? I don't remember.