Colin Kaepernick refuses “to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses Black people”...

Options

Comments

• Kwan Dai
    Kwan Dai Members Posts: 6,929 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Black Athletes need to flip the script.

They need to start saying they are not standing or are taking a knee during the NA for LGBT and rights. See how that ? gets flipped into something positive.
  • Vellum
    Vellum Members Posts: 471 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I wonder how ? would feel of a school in his name suspending good-hearted young men for taking a knee over a song? LOL. Well that implies ? exist, or even gives a ? , but you get what im saying.

These good-hearted Christians with their authoritarianism every chance they get. Hiding behind the fact that theyre not a public institution.

They dont even realize theyre making the situation worse in their idiotic reactions to one mans personal protest and adopted mission in life for equality. As if colin is bringing on the revolution and genocide of all of white america.

• The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Trillfate wrote: »
    En-Fuego22 wrote: »
    What is the endgame in doing this? Is this going to change the justice system? The world is already aware of the injustices that black people face here in america.

We are in no-win situation because we aren't united and we don't have any land or infrastructures to call home.
    When Mlk said he regretting about leading his people into the situation this is the end result.
    We can't get justice, We can't thrive in a land that we don't control .
    I just don't understand black people at all there is no logical way to win in the current state that were in.
    One of the law of power Law 11: Learn To Keep People Dependent on You and as black people that's who we are right now we depend on white people for everything so we can't win

Idk what endgame is but as long as these protests keep disrupting white Harmony they should continue... black people have nothing to lose at this point

was gonna. Say this..

Who gives a ? what the "endgame" is..

The mere fact that ? are starting to give a ? less about whites opinion and acceptance is beautiful..

Let these ? be great!

we'll cross that bridge when we have to..

What kinda silly logic is that man? ? ain't protesting for the sake of protesting. There is a problem that they want addressed. Doing ? just because it makes white people mad isn't any better than doing ? to avoid offending white people. In both cases, your motivations revolve around white people and there feelings and not what's best for black people.

Honestly, I think they need to flip it on them. I don't know what they should do, but they should transition away from the kneeling during the anthem to something else. The CaCs have already accomplished their mission as far as that goes. I saw them talk about this ? about 100 times this weekend because of all the football being played and I can't recall once when they actually discussed the meaning behind all of it. People like Shannon Sharpe are trying to keep that message out there, but this ? military red herring has effectively rendered anthem/flag protests moot when it comes to raising awareness for the actual cause.

I hope someone can come up with something that is in your face and can't be dismissed, but also can't be deflected. That's tough though because people in the media are good at deflecting.

The ? are u talkin about.
    I didnt even finish readin that ? seein as i CLEARLY stated in the post u quotin how im happy ? is FINALLY starting to NOT give a ? about what crackas feel and think..

Thats empowerment in itself..
    And jus the beginnin... Cause wit that mental chains are bein broken..

Try again..

Yeah, my bad. I wasn't really clear with my point.

You asked "who gives a ? what the "endgame" is?" The answer is "everyone with any sense." No one protests for the sake of protesting. People protest to accomplish something, so everyone involved should care what the endgame is.

A few ? not giving a ? what white people think doesn't mean much if ? are still getting shot down in the street. Making white people upset is pointless if it isn't resulting in something that benefits us.

As for breaking mental chains. I wouldn't even say much of that is going on. There have always been black who gave less that a ? what whites though. My wife's grandfather slapped the ? out of a white man back when that could get you hanged. He had to leave his hometown for life, but...hey, it was probably worth it. The fact that we got so called civil rights leaders out there bashing the players for what they're doing shows you that those chains are still very much intact. So better to aim for real victories than meaning psychological victories.
    Bruh, these football players have sparked nationwide protest. Black ppl have FINALLY became aware & are now challenging white supremacy as we know it. But pessimistic azz ? like you aren't even given the ? a chance to grow by already talking about a ? end game. Progress will NEVER get made if ? don't appreciate the little things. Why not just be proud of black athletes finally taking a stand? Believe it or not, things like this are what start real change

Do ya'll ? actually think about the ? that you're saying? You think Kaep did this ? and didn't give a ? if anything came out of it or do you think he had hopes that it would lead to more?

Nobody is being pessimistic by asking where we go from here. That's what you're supposed to do. Of course we're proud of the athletes stepping up and taking the lead. Now we all have to turn it into something.

I don't know where you been, but people been protesting for years now. That's great, but eventually it has to result in something. You're absolutely right. Things like this start real change, but only if there is someone thinking on how to build on it. If everyone is like you and is just satisfied with the protest, nothing gets accomplished.
    One of the dumbest post in IC history. ? you do realize you gotta start somewhere. You not just gon wake up one day and racism gon be dead. A end game may take YEARS. But the point is somebody is FINALLY taking a stand, and that somebody has started a nationwide debate. It's also made white ppl confront their racist history in america. You can't talk about the national anthem without mentioning the racism behind it. Yet you're dismissing of all of this because a end game hasn't been reached? Um ok ?

My ? your reading comprehension is zero. Literally nothing you said has anything to do with what I was saying. No one was talking about whether or not what they were doing was good or bad. The discussion was whether or not we should care about the endgame. We already agree that the steps they are taking now are good. No one is arguing that so what the ? are you talking about?
  • eastbay510
    eastbay510 Members Posts: 2,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    On top of that the Dolphins owner came out and said he supports the players who did take a knee.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    eastbay510 wrote: »
    That explanation is dumb as ? and contradicts itself

They basically said "We respect his right to do what he did, but still ? him."
  • not_osirus_jenkins
    not_osirus_jenkins Members, Banned Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Vellum wrote: »
    ^^^^then leave ? . They not paying people to be on this site. If you think everyone here is so dumb and you continue to come up here doesn't that make you the bigger fool? And that's a yes or no question, not rhetorical. And I don't need some long winded tirade cuz im not going to read it. You are the posting style of someone I hate.

No. I continue to come here to spread logic, facts (? there is so much misinformation in this forum), and rationality because its the right thing to do in the fight for us as a community. Not because im a ? . You cannot fight the unique problems we face in America with such basic ? tactics we are using.

Im the posting style of someone you hate because you dont agree with me, and or your ADHD that doesnt allow you to focus on a few paragraphs before wanting a moving picture to explain life to you.

Sorry sir, you have to read to elevate your mind. It wont all just be handed to you in gifs, tweets, gram videos, and 3 minute explanation videos.

The unbolded was 124 words not including this. The low average of reading speed is like 200wpm (words per minute). If youre having trouble reading fast enough, and or comprehending most of that youve read. Then you need to work on it. Thats not my problem.

I didn't read any of that ? . Did you answer my question tho? Are you the bigger fool or not?

I answered your question. No was the first word i typed. Now ? yourself. You're unneeded on this planet to our species, and contribute nothing to it.

Feels
    Feels
    Feels
    Feels
    Feels
    Feels
    Feels
    Feels
    Feels
    Feels
    Feels
    Feels Feels Feels Feels Feels
    Feels Feels Feels Feels Feels

Hold this, I made it especially for you.
  • Vellum
    Vellum Members Posts: 471 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Stiff wrote: »
    ysiypkxekba8.jpeg

This right here is exactly why Black people will NEVER win this fight. Out of all those ? on the team just 4 decided they wanted to publically show solidarity by doing nothing more than taking dam knee while a song was playing. Nobody expected them to whip theirs ? out and ? on the flag.. Nobody asked them to burn the flag. Just take a knee to publically acknowledge that you're aware that this country is not living up to the ideals that it claims to be and there's a long way to go. NO. Can't do that. These white people will get too upset.

These ? not only didn't take a knee...they stood ? ..back straight with their hands over their hearts like they fresh out of bootcamp. Disgusting really. The sad part is if every black person were to take a knee NOBODY would lose their career because there's no way they could clap back on everyone. All of them know this ? is wrong but they just scary..the ? 's sickening.

Dont assume a black man is not incapable of his own decisions because of white people. Maybe they dont fully agree with colins stances. Maybe they simply dont give a ? , and theyre allowed to. Maybe theyre fine standing, and theyre putting in work that you dont know ? about.

Brothas on this forum who literally hate on other black men as much as they can, are now in shock and awe that they dont stand in solidarity with you, and may have a different opinion. Childish, and feminine teenage behavior from the lot of you. You have no information, so you just assume the worst.

You dont know what those brothas standing are doing for their family, friends, and community. At the end of the day, taking a knee dont mean ? if youre not putting in ground work, and sacrificing large chunks of your money and or free time to people that really need guidance and help.

giphy.gif
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    Options
    http://www.espn.com/blog/dallas-cowboys/post/_/id/4753955/jerry-jones-disappointed-in-anthem-protests
    Jerry Jones disappointed in anthem protests around NFL

FRISCO, Texas -- Several NFL teams had players take a knee or raise their fists during the national anthem during Week 1 in response to San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick's protests of racial inequality raised during the preseason.

The Dallas Cowboys were not one of them.Owner and general manager Jerry Jones was pleased with his team's decision.

Speaking on 105.3 The Fan in Dallas on Tuesday, Jones did not sound as if he condoned the acts of those who did take a knee or raised their fists.

“I got to give a big pat on the back to our entire team, our coaching staff, our entire organization,” Jones told the Cowboys’ flagship station. “We strongly, strongly support the flag in every way we support -- and it’s almost ridiculous to be saying it -- the people who for generations and generations have given it all up so that we can get out here and show off in front of millions of people on television.

"We respect that so much. That’s the real business. The forum of the NFL and the forum on television is a very significant thing. I’m for it being used in every way we can to support the great, great contributors in our society, and that’s people that have supported America, the flag, and there’s no reason not to go all out right there. And for anybody to use parts of that visibility to do otherwise is really disappointing.”

[img]https://memecrunch.com/meme/9R9O9/? -the-cowboys/image.gif?w=499&c=1[/img]

? jerry.....why.
  • T. Sanford
    T. Sanford Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Willie D gives "? Of The Week" to Ray Lewis. (Well deserved)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nOlHKV9rA4E

props to the Willie D. The OG is always going to keep it trill
  • Stiff
    Stiff Members Posts: 7,723 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Stiff wrote: »
    ysiypkxekba8.jpeg

This right here is exactly why Black people will NEVER win this fight. Out of all those ? on the team just 4 decided they wanted to publically show solidarity by doing nothing more than taking dam knee while a song was playing. Nobody expected them to whip theirs ? out and ? on the flag.. Nobody asked them to burn the flag. Just take a knee to publically acknowledge that you're aware that this country is not living up to the ideals that it claims to be and there's a long way to go. NO. Can't do that. These white people will get too upset.

These ? not only didn't take a knee...they stood ? ..back straight with their hands over their hearts like they fresh out of bootcamp. Disgusting really. The sad part is if every black person were to take a knee NOBODY would lose their career because there's no way they could clap back on everyone. All of them know this ? is wrong but they just scary..the ? 's sickening.

Dont assume a black man is not incapable of his own decisions because of white people. Maybe they dont fully agree with colins stances. Maybe they simply dont give a ? , and theyre allowed to. Maybe theyre fine standing, and theyre putting in work that you dont know ? about.

Brothas on this forum who literally hate on other black men as much as they can, are now in shock and awe that they dont stand in solidarity with you, and may have a different opinion. Childish, and feminine teenage behavior from the lot of you. You have no information, so you just assume the worst.

You dont know what those brothas standing are doing for their family, friends, and community. At the end of the day, taking a knee dont mean ? if youre not putting in ground work, and sacrificing large chunks of your money and or free time to people that really need guidance and help.

giphy.gif

Meh..i'm confident the majority of them don't want to risk ? up their money or (like you said) don't give a ? ..both of which is their "right".

If you believe that displays of unity don't mean ? then we're going to have to agree to disagree.

• NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

There is actually some truth to their humor. ? can't claim the system is oppressing black people and then turn around and call that same system for help when ? gets ugly. That's what we call half-stepping.

Either you police your own neighborhoods COMPLETELY, or you don't at all. We know what the police gang is about, so you either take the bad with the good, or keep it moving. You're not going to change the way they run things as you're not in power, so we have to go through that struggle period until we get ? right, if you really want change that is.

You could also keep using the hamster wheel approach that our ancestors and forefathers tried, and when your grandchildren are complaining to you about police brutality, you can tell them how you marched and how ? ain't changed since then.

WRONG

Cops are given the badge, gun and the authority to police these neighborhoods that the community doesn't get, yet they constantly abuse their authority. The community shouldn't have to change for them to do their jobs right. Its the ones who are given the power and are SUPPOSED to be held to a higher standard that need to change.

So the hamster wheel approach, it is? Because you will NEVER change the way law enforcement governs us as you/black people have no power. For black people to have power is for Amerikkka to no longer exist.

I'm talking about real life solutions here, not fluff ? where ? act like they're trying to make a change. We need to act on our own, completely removed from the system that we claim is oppressing us, if we want any kind of real change. But because most of you guys want to stay integrated and make it a daily task to BEG FOR MERCY AND EQUALITY, black people as a whole will forever be floor mats in this country.
  • stringer bell
    stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • stringer bell
    stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2016
    Options
    http://www.postandcourier.com/20160913/160919759/citing-mlk-dabo-swinney-speaks-out-on-societal-issues-players-kneeling-during-anthem
    Citing MLK, Dabo Swinney speaks out on societal issues, players kneeling during anthem

CLEMSON — Nobody had asked Clemson head coach Dabo Swinney, until Tuesday, for his thoughts on San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick and other NFL players refusing to stand during the playing of the national anthem as their way of protesting racial injustice.

Swinney, often willing to provide passionate soliloquies on topics mattering greatly to him inside and outside of football, answered the question with a 986-word sermon lasting nearly eight minutes, speaking somberly and with frequent pauses as he addressed not just Kaepernick’s mission, but the recent issues plaguing the country regarding police brutality and political statements.

On Kaepernick, Swinney said, “I think everybody has the right to express himself in that regard. But I don’t think it’s good to be a distraction to your team. I don’t think it’s good to use the team as a platform. I totally disagree with that. Not his protest. But I just think there’s a right way to do things. I don’t think two wrongs make a right. Never have, never will. I think it just creates more divisiveness, more division.”

Other NFL players joined Kaepernick’s protest during the first weekend of NFL games, which Sunday coincided with the 15th anniversary of the 9/11 terrorist attacks. Kaepernick and other players have said they will continue their protests in future games until they see change in society.

“I think there’s a better way. How about call a press conference? Express your feelings. Everybody will show up, talk about it,” Swinney said. “Go and be a part of things, and protest them. That’s great. I think everybody has that right. I certainly respect that. But I just think that this just creates more division. That’s what I hate to see.”

Swinney made reference to civil rights activist Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., and his wish for all people to remember King’s message.

“I hate to see what’s going on in our country. I really do. I think this is a good world. I think this is a great country. It’s just that things get painted with a broad brush in this world these days.

“There’s more good than bad in this world,” Swinney said. “With Martin Luther King, I don’t know that there’s ever been a better man or better leader. To me, he changed the world. He changed the world through love in the face of hate. He changed the world through peace in the face of violence. He changed the world through education in the face of ignorance. And he changed the world through Jesus. Boy, that’s politically incorrect. That’s what he did. It’s amazing when we don’t learn from our past how you can repeat your mistakes.”

Swinney, an avowed Christian, quoted two commandments from the Bible he deems most significant in life.

“It says, Love the Lord with all your heart, all your mind, all your soul,” Swinney said. “The second one is, love your neighbor as you’d love yourself. It doesn’t say love your neighbor from the same religion. It doesn’t say love your neighbor if they’re the same color as you. It doesn’t say love your neighbor if they pull for the same team as you. It doesn’t say love your neighbor if they’re the same gender as you, or whatever. (It doesn’t say) love your neighbor if they have the same sexuality as you. It just says, love your neighbor as you’d love yourself. If we all lived by that in this country, we wouldn’t have near the problems we have.”

Swinney referred to his older brother, Tracy, a retired police officer who Dabo Swinney said worked 30 years on the force.

“There’s a lot of good police officers. There’s thousands of perfect traffic stops. Lot of good men. Lot of good women. But those don’t get the stories,” Swinney said. “There’s some criminals that wear badges. Guess what? There’s some criminals that work in the media. There’s some criminals that are football coaches. There’s some criminals that are politicians. There are criminals that work in churches. It’s so easy to say we have a race problem, but we got a sin problem. It’s just my opinion. That’s Dabo’s opinion.”

To activists who have decried the state of America, Swinney said “some of these people need to move to another country.”

“I think the answer to our problems is exactly what they were for Martin Luther King when he changed the world. Love, peace, education, tolerance of others, Jesus,” Swinney said. “A lot of these things in this world were only a dream for Martin Luther King. Not a one-term, but a two-term African-American president. And this is a terrible country? There are interracial marriages. I go to a church that’s an interracial church. Those were only dreams for Martin Luther King. Black head coaches. Black quarterbacks. Quarterbacks at places like Georgia and Alabama and Clemson. For Martin Luther King, that was just a dream. Black CEOs, NBA owners, you name it. Unbelievable.

“Now, does that mean that there’s not still problems? Yes. Where there’s people, whether they’re black, green, yellow, orange or white, there is going to be sin, greed, hate, jealousy, deceitfulness. There’s going to be that. That’s always going to be there. But attitude, work ethic, love, respect for others, that doesn’t know any color.”

In terms of the actual question posed to him, Swinney said he would not discipline a player for choosing to kneel during the national anthem — though it is a hypothetical question, as regular season college football stadiums play the anthem while teams are in the locker room.

“The only thing I’m going to discipline my player for is things within this team and the team rules, holding everybody accountable to the standard,” Swinney said. “Guys want to be part of things, I just think they should do it on their own time, and outside of the team framework. That’s just my opinion.”

Dabo The Godly Hillbilly forgot to mention that MLK for talking all that peace and love talk got a bullet put in his head.. That's what standing up to white supremacy gets you in Amerikkka even if you do it with peace and love...