Comments

• atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    Options
    _Goldie_ wrote: »
    Mister B. wrote: »
    Very Smart Brothas article

Hmmm.....just watch the feelings fly.

The writer can get the D and that's about it (this is me being nice and not exhibiting feels), but the comment section is pretty interesting. As usual it's divisive, the women are saying outlandish ? , ? are responding with logic (from what I've seen). Typical day on Black Internet...

Someone called them Ovarian Americans... :joy:

I gotta use that ? !!!

Issa was wrong

But can we all agree that Lawrence contributed to the breakdown of the relationship

Meh...unknowingly.

Remember Issa wasn't communicating the issue she was having wit the relationship to Lawrence. She went to everyone else but the person she's in the relationship wit. So in his eyes, everything was all good. And when he tried to get her to talk about what was going on, she went mute.

Yea she didn't help the situation at all

But nobody is gonna be cool with their mate bumming around the crib all day, going from job to job while he or she is out trying to keep the bills up to date

And I picked up her body language around him first episode she wasn't happy

I gotta rewatch, but I think he also forgot her bday

Plus I remember Issa telling Molly he was slacking in the bedroom, they weren't going out a lot

Again Issa was wrong for what she did....But they deserve each other

B-day I give you...everything else is on her.

The one of the main things I took from their situation, is that it starts with communication first & foremost.

All that assuming the other person will eventually read your mind, hopefully figures out why you're unhappy does nothing.

That's the burden black women bear tho. Cuz I was on the "issa ain't ? " wave before Daniel for not communicating effectively...but y'all gotta realize she was carrying the load of the relationship financially and emotionally.

Lawrence was probly feeling emasculated he couldn't even contribute to bills and ? like that, let alone take his girl out for dinner regularly and do nice things for her... and a lil depressed cuz he couldn't get his app off the ground....so how do you, as the support system for this black man, broach the subject of "I need you to do more" without coming off as the nagging angry black woman stereotype on one end, but also knowing that by doing so, you're more than likely just gonna push him deeper into his funk by pointing out where he's ? up? Cuz if you do that and push him away, that sacrifice you made to hold him down goes away with nothing to show for it. No thanks, no severance package, no card, no pat on the back...I see why she bit her tongue for so long even if to her detriment.

At the start of the series they were both checked out emotionally. Carrying the relationship while watching your man ? it and sit in his feelings for however long takes a toll on you....and so does trying to do something that just won't work and you can't catch no breaks while you see your woman struggle and bust ass for both of you and you can't help.

exactly

no one is trying to give issa a pass or make out Lawrence to be a bad guy

but I can empathize with her

she was in a tough spot and she obviously loved him

That's exactly what yall trying to do and the ? is hilariously sad. If she was feeling that worn down she could've simply broke up with homie. There's no such thing as a perfect relationship , we're always gonna be annoyed by ? our s/o does, there's no excuse to cheat.

Let that ? L had cheated first (yea I call him L now) and we (? ) supported/empathized with the ? by saying " he was obviously so distraught and hurt by Issa for not supporting his dreams and talking down to him all the time, I could empathize with him , it hurt to watch :cry: that's the everyday struggle of the black male " yall wouldn't let that ? fly for a sec lmaooo

swear yall ? are incapable of having a nuanced conversation

we've all come to the conclusion issa's actions were wrong, right?

but from what we seen, can you honestly say Lawrence was without faults? no....case closed lol

and I wasn't even mad at dude for getting with Tasha

Girl...unless you calling for issa's blood I guess that means you condone her actions to these ? lol
  • Mastery
    Mastery Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 14,776 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    _Goldie_ wrote: »
    Mister B. wrote: »
    Very Smart Brothas article

Hmmm.....just watch the feelings fly.

The writer can get the D and that's about it (this is me being nice and not exhibiting feels), but the comment section is pretty interesting. As usual it's divisive, the women are saying outlandish ? , ? are responding with logic (from what I've seen). Typical day on Black Internet...

Someone called them Ovarian Americans... :joy:

I gotta use that ? !!!

Issa was wrong

But can we all agree that Lawrence contributed to the breakdown of the relationship

Meh...unknowingly.

Remember Issa wasn't communicating the issue she was having wit the relationship to Lawrence. She went to everyone else but the person she's in the relationship wit. So in his eyes, everything was all good. And when he tried to get her to talk about what was going on, she went mute.

But nobody is gonna be cool with their mate bumming around the crib all day, going from job to job while he or she is out trying to keep the bills up to date

Plus I remember Issa telling Molly he was slacking in the bedroom, they weren't going out a lot

B-day I give you...everything else is on her.

The one of the main things I took from their situation, is that it starts with communication first & foremost.

All that assuming the other person will eventually read your mind, hopefully figures out why you're unhappy does nothing.

That's the burden black women bear tho. Cuz I was on the "issa ain't ? " wave before Daniel for not communicating effectively...but y'all gotta realize she was carrying the load of the relationship financially and emotionally.

Lawrence was probly feeling emasculated he couldn't even contribute to bills and ? like that, let alone take his girl out for dinner regularly and do nice things for her... and a lil depressed cuz he couldn't get his app off the ground....so how do you, as the support system for this black man, broach the subject of "I need you to do more" without coming off as the nagging angry black woman stereotype on one end, but also knowing that by doing so, you're more than likely just gonna push him deeper into his funk by pointing out where he's ? up? Cuz if you do that and push him away, that sacrifice you made to hold him down goes away with nothing to show for it. No thanks, no severance package, no card, no pat on the back...I see why she bit her tongue for so long even if to her detriment.

At the start of the series they were both checked out emotionally. Carrying the relationship while watching your man ? it and sit in his feelings for however long takes a toll on you....and so does trying to do something that just won't work and you can't catch no breaks while you see your woman struggle and bust ass for both of you and you can't help.

exactly

That's exactly what yall trying to do and the ? is hilariously sad. If she was feeling that worn down she could've simply broke up with homie. There's no such thing as a perfect relationship , we're always gonna be annoyed by ? our s/o does, there's no excuse to cheat.

Let that ? L had cheated first (yea I call him L now) and we (? ) supported/empathized with the ? by saying " he was obviously so distraught and hurt by Issa for not supporting his dreams and talking down to him all the time, I could empathize with him , it hurt to watch :cry: that's the everyday struggle of the black male " yall wouldn't let that ? fly for a sec lmaooo

swear yall ? are incapable of having a nuanced conversation

we've all come to the conclusion issa's actions were wrong, right?

but from what we seen, can you honestly say Lawrence was without faults? no....case closed lol

and I wasn't even mad at dude for getting with Tasha

Girl...unless you calling for issa's blood I guess that means you condone her actions to these ? lol
    Mastery wrote: »
    This what I'm talking about. You can't fault her for cheating WITHOUT throwing Lawrence's name into the mix. I rest my case.

@atribecalledgabi
  • desertrain10
    desertrain10 Members Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Options
    FourEfil wrote: »
    Also Lawrence "corrected" the issues that plauged the relationship. He got a retail job only to get his dream job right after. Idk about the bedroom part, but lawrence cleaned up after episode 4 and beyond.

according to issa he'd been trying to get his ? together for 4 years

that takes a toll on a relationship

she could have left, but that is easier said than done after investing so much time and energy into a person

but lemme stop

issa is a thot undeserving of forgiveness who didn't deserve Lawrence, right? lol
  • atribecalledgabi
    Options
    @Mastery
    Nah ? quote specifically where anybody said it was cool issa cheated cuz she didn't like her relationship
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Again...Lawrence was not aware of the issues b/c ISSA was not communicatin that to him. So how is he suppose to know she was that unhappy if she wasn't saying anything.

She didn't have to come at him in a nagging type way, but she should've said something. I still don't get that. You live wit the brotha, yet you go to other people to express your feelings? Its one thing to vent to your friends, but what good is that if you're not gonna express those same feelings have to the person you got the issue wit?

• Mastery
    Mastery Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 14,776 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @Mastery
    Nah ? quote specifically where anybody said it was cool issa cheated cuz she didn't like her relationship

It has been more than implied several times.

The fact it can't be mentioned that Issa cheated without following it with Lawrence in some way speaks volumes.

op8f31dju6m1.png
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    LcnsdbyROYALTY Members Posts: 13,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Again...Lawrence was not aware of the issues b/c ISSA was not communicatin that to him. So how is he suppose to know she was that unhappy if she wasn't saying anything.

She didn't have to come at him in a nagging type way, but she should've said something. I still don't get that. Youice wit the brotha, yet you go to other people to express your feelings? Its one thing to vent to your friends, but what good is that if you'renot gonna express those same feelings you have the issue wit?

Bruh... Thank you. Sheesh.
  • banginscrew901
    banginscrew901 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 7,148 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Agree to disagree .... I come in here and see 30 something new replies and y'all still talking about the stuff.
  • atribecalledgabi
    Options

She didn't have to come at him in a nagging type way, but she should've said something. I still don't get that. You live wit the brotha, yet you go to other people to express your feelings? Its one thing to vent to your friends, but what good is that if you're not gonna express those same feelings have to the person you got the issue wit?

Lemme be clear...I wasn't giving perspective on the cheating. Cuz that was what it was...I was tryna shed light on why the relationship was lacking on issa's end with the communication.

I've been in a situation where the other person is in their ? ....and in my experience anything you say to somebody that deep in it will come off as a slight to them and they'll just project their anger and insecurities onto you when really you were tryna help. So that was probly on her mind as to why she didn't communicate effectively...also her character is passive aggressive so I'm taking it she doesn't know HOW to do that in the first place.
  • deadeye
    deadeye Members Posts: 22,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This

When a man cheats it's almost a given ...or ppl try to justify his actions... it was something he wasn't getting at home

Especially if he is supposedly a "good" man/provider

When a woman cheats she's immediately dismissed as a hoe and irredeemable
    Issa was wrong

exactly

So I see folks trying to justify Issa cheating...

a5u2bxrxmd6t.gif
    So I see folks trying to justify Issa cheating...

a5u2bxrxmd6t.gif
    giphy.gif

@ em and quote the posts.
    Kthnx.

@desertrain10 @atribecalledgabi

Got em.

All they've been saying is:

"Issa was wrong for cheating................but"

No matter how many different ways they try to dress it up, that's all they've been saying.
  • banginscrew901
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Can we move on to season 2 or what may happen in the next one
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    Options

I think they're gonna make Lawrence a for real savage tbh.
  • banginscrew901
    Options

This what I think though bank chick wanted him cause he was in a relationship..... either she done with him after that one night or they gone be a item for season 2. And not sure if they said anything about the history between Lawrence and the bank chick and issa
  • silverfoxx
    silverfoxx Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 11,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I knew I remembered her from somewhere
    https://youtu.be/X-Hk81R1uqU
  • atribecalledgabi
    Options

I kinda hope they go the route where they smash as exes and issa thinks it could lead to them getting back together but Lawrence is like "nope" and hits the Jadakiss laugh
  • Bussy_Getta
    Bussy_Getta Members Posts: 37,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    She shoulda just left the ? ass ? real talk
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    Options

I kinda hope they go the route where they smash as exes and issa thinks it could lead to them getting back together but Lawrence is like "nope" and hits the Jadakiss laugh

I do think they're gonna end up smashing again. Lawrence prolly gonna ? her head up putting that vicious D on her like he did Tasha.

I wanna see Tasha fleshed out more, but we'll see. Apparently, season two is slated to air in 2018. That thought is heartbreaking.