Chrisette Michele Loses Netflix Deal After Trump Performance

Options

Comments

• kzzl
    kzzl Members Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm waiting to see if they'll pull her from the essence fest line up cause of this.
  • Go figure
    Go figure Guests, Members, Confirm Email, Writer Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Copper wrote: »
    Go figure wrote: »
    Copper wrote: »
    @gofigure address the real ? in here instead of pressing buttons

Ok what i miss?

U clicked reaction buttons 2 hours ago on all the things you "missed"

Well lets see i responded to everyone who quoted me, including u.

Didnt know i was required to respond to everything i react to especially if the post wasnt directed to me.

Dont have a prob responding anything u wanna ask me directly
  • fortyacres
    fortyacres Members, Moderators Posts: 4,480 Regulator
    Options
    since Lost one in 2006

i have never remotely though about Chrisette Michelle till she was brought up this week.

thats a span of 11 years...
  • Plutarch
    Plutarch Members Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Meh, do whatever you want to do in life, but either way, you're going to have to accept the responsibilities of what you do.

I, myself, don't care too much about what she did. I wish we wouldn't care too much about what celebrities do or don't do, regardless.
  • bkkbully
    bkkbully Members Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Man ? y'all. I'ma still bang out Chrisette's music. ? she did classics with THE ROOTS. Now cause shorty needed some cash ($250-750k) y'all think she sold out?! She ain't popping like that, this is probably the highest she's ever been paid. ? Spike Lee for not talking to her in the DMs, plus thread title is misleading, its just a song placement she missed out on, not a Netflix film deal. Did you ? vote? You ? calling your congressman? Y'all involved in local politics? Or you just ? online about a woman who has no impact on your life? Cmon Black people we gotta prioritise our POWER, NOW IS THE WAKE UP CALL. WHO GIVES A ? IF SHE SANG
  • JJ_Evans
    JJ_Evans Members Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Options
    SneakDZA wrote: »
    some of the comments in threads like this remind me there's way too many secret white people on this forum.

You're absolutely correct, which is the main reason that I stopped regularly posting on this site.

Some of the mods and posters here are cool as ? , but unfortunately this site is full of undercover racist ass Trump-lovin white boys. It's a very bad look for a "hip hop" site.
  • blackamerica
    blackamerica Members Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    She's a singer/entertainer. She doesn't owe anybody or any race a damn thing.

Mfs so self righteous and call themselves standing for a cause that ultimately is misdirected and redundant.

How long are you mfs gonna hold individual black folks accountable for an entire race and culture?

None of you mfs send money back to Africa. None of you mfs have banded together and formed a new black era. All you crab in the bucket ass ? do is complain, try to outblack each other and pat yourselves on the back for doing so.
    So its ok for a black person to perform for a known racist white supremacist? Would you say this same ? if a rapper performed at a hooded ? rally? ? in 2017 have no ? intregity. You will see nothing wrong with anything aslong as money is involved.

She doesnt owe anybody ? but her fans or black ppl in general dont owe her anything either.
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    Don't ? lose endorsements/money etc when they support ? that these suspected white supremacists don't like? See Brandon Marshall of the Denver Broncos for example. So this is fair game imo.
  • BEAM
    BEAM Members Posts: 2,560 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Yea, this isn't so black and white..

She didn't support or endorse Trump, only performed at his Inauguration.. authentically, at that. No cooning, no posing, nothing.. She just performed for a $250,000 ~ $750,000 check. She was filler; Her presence had zero effect on anything other than her bank account.

Tbh, I'd rather not have had to see her there, but I can see that the only real outcome is outrage, not anything tangible..

• NoCompetition
    NoCompetition Members Posts: 3,661 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Whats ironic is it seems there are people of all different backgrounds who thought or more like hoped that if Trump is elected that would disenfranchise and stop black people from making moves. There are those who simply dont want black people progressing then there are those who are do nothings and thought finally after Obama now others can be do nothings like them. The "What has Obama done for us" people who did nothing/very little.While others of us had numerous accomplishments and worked hard during those years and dont plan to stop just cause Trump is Pres. That seems to really upset some. Oh well. Has nothing to do with supporting Trump but life goes on regardless the President.
  • a.mann
    a.mann Members Posts: 19,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    farris2k1 wrote: »
    I swear i think that dude@thanubiangod is a cac..this dude be postin the same exact ? i see in the comments from social media posts from any news site..from ? whiteboys

The jig is up.
    If anything this election cycle exposed all the undercover white boys and ?

• bkkbully
    Options
    BEAM wrote: »

She didn't support or endorse Trump, only performed at his Inauguration.. authentically, at that. No cooning, no posing, nothing.. She just performed for a $250,000 ~ $750,000 check. She was filler; Her presence had zero effect on anything other than her bank account.

Tbh, I'd rather not have had to see her there, but I can see that the only real outcome is outrage, not anything tangible..

this.

? mad about her singing meanwhile don't realize that Congress just introduced a bill to pull the USA out of the UN. don't get distracted, our president is media troll monster do NOT get distracted
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    bkkbully wrote: »

this.

? mad about her singing meanwhile don't realize that Congress just introduced a bill to pull the USA out of the UN. don't get distracted, our president is media troll monster do NOT get distracted

Why do people constantly say don't get distracted as if you can't pay attention to more than 1 thing at a time? You can be annoyed she performed for the President and still be mad at the ? Congress and Trump are going to try and do at the same time.
  • NoCompetition
    NoCompetition Members Posts: 3,661 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »

this.

Why do people constantly say don't get distracted as if you can't pay attention to more than 1 thing at a time? You can be annoyed she performed for the President and still be mad at the ? Congress and Trump are going to try and do at the same time.

I think the issue is a lot of people dont do that. They worry about somebody performing at a Presidential inauguration but didntt bother to vote for instance. They get mad at people for still being involved like people were going to stop doing their jobs and using opportunities just because Trump occupies the job. Doesnt make sense. Too many people just dont make sense and it has real implications.
    Thats crazy to hear by the way. The post you quoted.
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    thread title is misleading tho. ? jus tryna pile on nh
  • bkkbully
    edited January 2017
    Options

this.

this.

I think the issue is a lot of people dont do that. They worry about somebody performing at a Presidential inauguration but didntt bother to vote for instance. They get mad at people for still being involved like people were going to stop doing their jobs and using opportunities just because Trump occupies the job. Doesnt make sense. Too many people just dont make sense and it has real implications.

Exactly, people say that but don't actually follow through so fall back on that lousy ass argument. yeah heres the congress link to the bill I was speaking about:

https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-congress/house-bill/193
  • Plutarch
    Plutarch Members Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

this.

You say that like it's a bad thing. I think we're better off out of the UN.
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options

this.

this.

Exactly, people say that but don't actually follow through so fall back on that lousy ass argument. yeah heres the congress link to the bill I was speaking about:

https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-congress/house-bill/193

It's not a lousy argument to say people can pay attention to more than 1 thing at a time. It's called being intelligent. Anyone who gets distracted by 1 issue so much they become blind to everything else ain't that bright. Thing is, most people actually do have the ability to care about more than 1 thing at a time and often do. The problem is this oppression Olympics game people play where they feel if you're not talking about the exact issue they want to hear about at that exact moment then somehow you've been distracted and aren't paying attention. Most people weren't even saying she was dumb for performing, it was the reasoning she gave for performing that got most people on her case. Using an MLK quote and then saying her singing for the Trump was going to mean some bridges would be built. If she truly thought that then she deserves to be called a ? . That doesn't mean people also aren't aware of or don't care about what congress is trying to do in terms of them trying to remove the US from the UN because they took 2 seconds to call someone an idiot
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't really understand the impetus behind attacking any black person that has anything to do with Trump. Whether we like it or not, he's going to be president for the next four years. So we don't want any black people to have any ins with the president? We don't want any advocacy or representation. I ain't saying we need to be down with his corruption or ? , but it wouldn't serve our community in any way to take such a hard nosed approach. We can't just ignore dude for four years and expect anything to work out for us.
  • Undefeatable
    Undefeatable Members Posts: 1,970 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    We should do this to rappers when they glorify gang bangin and drug dealing.

The race would be better off.