Options
    This thread gonna go longer than the Simpsons
  • Chi Snow
    Chi Snow Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 28,111 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nah Son wrote: »
    The OG 5 Grand analyzing Craig Macks career sharp as ever
    5 Grand wrote: »
    I think the fact that he didn't buy a car with his advance money messed his career up. There's only so much you can do without a car.
    Wow.......
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    LcnsdbyROYALTY Members Posts: 13,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ChiCity wrote: »
    I think the fact that he didn't buy a car with his advance money messed his career up. There's only so much you can do without a car.
    Wow.......

Lmao. Pretty much my thoughts on that post
  • RickyRich
    RickyRich Members Posts: 13,062 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I think this thread exists in the Reason already lol

Merge them

Can we get it stickied
  • Revolver Ocelot
    Revolver Ocelot Members Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Maaaaan, if ? don't swear by the all mighty Reasonable Doubt feelings are always caught.

You don't have to like RD, but to say Jay was biting Camp Lo on that album is. Since RD came out 7 months before Uptown Saturday Night and Jay was rapping fast years before RD came out.
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    someone up the the original thread so I can merge or just lock this one.
  • a_list
    a_list Members Posts: 4,886 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    bck145 wrote: »
    ^^ not sure where on the east coast your at, but biggie was clowned on, it wasn't until after tupac died that people felt it was ok to listen to big again....mid 90's on the east coast was tupac, dogg pound, warren g, the doggfather, big l, bone thugs....even odb got more play than ghostface or raekwon

Had to dig this ? up...lol....
  • gemini86
    gemini86 Members Posts: 5,180 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Options
    oops wrong thread
  • CashmoneyDux
    CashmoneyDux Members Posts: 11,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The fact that you ? still think being a former co means you also cant be in the streets is hilarious

Only slow ? think it's bec he was a co and not bec he lied about not being a co

He lied because of dumb ? like you

You tried to sound so smart my ? lmao

The ? lied cuz he was ashamed. Ain't no other way to cut it.

Ashamed of what having a job? Y'all ? some claffys

I know I personally have friends who became c.os from the hood that rap nobody's looking at them funny for having a ? job and getting their lives together there's a few car Winslow jokes but nobody out here feeling the butt hurt you ? feel for no ? reason

• Revolver Ocelot
    Revolver Ocelot Members Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    a_list wrote: »
    ^^ not sure where on the east coast your at, but biggie was clowned on, it wasn't until after tupac died that people felt it was ok to listen to big again....mid 90's on the east coast was tupac, dogg pound, warren g, the doggfather, big l, bone thugs....even odb got more play than ghostface or raekwon

Nah it ain't dumb, I get what he was trying to say. Cuz here in DC in the mid 90's it was way more west coast(Pac,Snoop,Dre) then it was Biggie,Wu and Nas. It is dumb to say biggie was clowned tho.
  • T. Sanford
    T. Sanford Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Nah it ain't dumb, I get what he was trying to say. Cuz here in DC in the mid 90's it was way more west coast(Pac,Snoop,Dre) then it was Biggie,Wu and Nas. It is dumb to say biggie was clowned tho.

Yeah it was like that here too. Other than bumping our own south music but ? down this way used to bump a lot of west coast music like Pac, Snoop, Dre, Cube, E40, Too Short & other Bay rappers. Midwest, they used to rock with Twista, Dayton Family, Do Or Die etc. I remember my brother pulling up to grandma dukes house around 96', always bumping All Eyes On Me. I gotta older cousin that used to be in the streets in the 90s that will tell you that Biggie didn't get play here. If not any then much play. He used to be on Ice Cube & others.
  • a_list
    a_list Members Posts: 4,886 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

We talking PA and up...But Big also had #1 songs in the country
  • gemini86
    Options
    I remember that brother five dude said he wouldn't listen to joe buddens because he's afraid girls would laugh at him if he did
  • gemini86
    Options
    KamPushMe wrote: »
    gemini86 wrote: »
    I remember that brother five dude said he wouldn't listen to joe buddens because he's afraid girls would laugh at him if he did

How bout you get that quote you ?

Yo ? deadass don't like me lol. Y'all need to chill cuz I don't even be coming at y'all heads like that.
  • PanchoYoSancho
    PanchoYoSancho Members Posts: 13,177 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

5Grand needs his own seperate thread. It'd do Eminem numbers.
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
    tompetrez3 wrote: »
    I said this on this forum 8 years ago and still believe it

Memphis Bleek beat Nas

He dissed Nas allover Coming Of Age but What You Think Of That was the first real official Nas diss

Nas dissed him back on Nastradamus with that melt through your hat line but Bleek was holding his own without Jay Z even jumping in

Dont Forget that My Mind Right was a major mixtape/street record that he dissed Nas on. That was a big record in NY in early 2000. It used to be on And 1 tapes, NBA games. My Mind Right is like Takeover the prequel. It was a hard war record by Rocafella so hot that Jay Z and rest of crew jumped on the remix. He clearly walked out in the middle street and called Nas out. Bleek sonned him with that play your position line. That line is why alot of people even on this board be saying slick ? about Nas and dont have respect for him. That was like Kenard calling Omar a gimp before killing him. Nas fans wont admit it but My Mind Right made Nas look flabby and sick even in their eyes.

Bleek didnt stop there. He dissed him on 4 da fam. Stop acting like yall dont get hype at bleek verse. He set that whole song off throwing shots at Nas. Bleek dissed him on Hey Papi. Nas finally responded on the bridge. I aint gonna lie that was a hard reply from Nas but bleek took it on the chin and made him look even more old on Is that your chick. even before carmen was mentioned ? already knew that was about Nas. When Jay Z smashed the remix in half that made it even more worse. Im more than sure this inspired Jay Z to drop takeover

Bleek also dissed him with a gangster bounce on Change The Game original and remix. Dont forget that record dropped right at peak of 2001 crip walk fad and was big on streets and in clubs. Bleek was finding effective avenues to chip away at the legacy of Nas

Nas next reply directly to bleek would be the stillmatic freestyle when he says shoot through memphis but the damage was already done. If judges had score cards bleek would come out on top

This ? clown.

I swear no one takes this dumb ? seriously because of the dumb ? he says. If he posts more regularly, he'd be another gee
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    LcnsdbyROYALTY Members Posts: 13,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    When ? said Baby verse on playa why you hating 36. Was better then Jay-Z verse on the HA remix lost faith in humanity after that one.

Yo I forgot all about that thread. Lmfao
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options
    Yall gotta quote posts. See how it's done in the Cheap Seats
  • Paprika
    Paprika Members Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'll induct myself with this post here.

DS2 > GKMC

One day you'll learn.