OBJECTIVELY is Eminem Top 10 DOA?

Options

Comments

• Soloman_The_Wise
    Soloman_The_Wise Members Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Objectively Eminem is NOT Top 10 DOA
    Go figure wrote: »
    Keep in mind that Black Praise for Eminem comes from 2 types of mindstates the the Psychologically, Socially and Culturally confused Uncle Toms and those that Want more White dollars...

Had the racist tapes never existed mfs wouldnt be uncle toms for thinking hes top 10 doa whether they listen to his ? or not.

Again, objectivity is lost in this discussion.

The racists tapes were icing the content of his lyrics his subjects of focus and whole methodology of approach to hip hop is on some Elvis style of appropriation he makes a whiteboy version of Hip Hop that is wack it always has been. Those tapes just proved that through and through he was about exploitation hell he even tells you he is here to do so in various lyrics but kats think his jokes do not also contain his truths...
  • Go figure
    Go figure Guests, Members, Confirm Email, Writer Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Objectively Eminem is Top 10 DOA
    Keep in mind that Black Praise for Eminem comes from 2 types of mindstates the the Psychologically, Socially and Culturally confused Uncle Toms and those that Want more White dollars...

Had the racist tapes never existed mfs wouldnt be uncle toms for thinking hes top 10 doa whether they listen to his ? or not.

The racists tapes were icing the content of his lyrics his subjects of focus and whole methodology of approach to hip hop is on some Elvis style of appropriation he makes a whiteboy version of Hip Hop that is wack it always has been. Those tapes just proved that through and through he was about exploitation hell he even tells you he is here to do so in various lyrics but kats think his jokes do not also contain his truths...

The racists tapes were the icing of his content? Thats like judging a rapper by some ? they never intended to release or leak before they even thought about signing a contract.

If im not mistaken he recorded that before he had any type of traction in music or made a name for himself.

Yall just including it bc its the foundation of your argument which is irrelevant in terms of the premise of the thread.
  • CashmoneyDux
    CashmoneyDux Members Posts: 11,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

The racists tapes were the icing of his content? Thats like judging a rapper by some ? they never intended to release or leak before they even thought about signing a contract.

If im not mistaken he recorded that before he had any type of traction in music or made a name for himself.

Yall just including it bc its the foundation of your argument which is irrelevant in terms of the premise of the thread.

Lmao your deductive reasoning skills are garbage my g
  • moyo
    moyo Members Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? that ? !!! Lol
  • Soloman_The_Wise
    Options

On that point that the material he released actually revealed it all long before the tapes leaked? The Racists tapes were a missing piece of the puzzle that made all the "Jokes" make more sense and were therefore the icing...
  • Go figure
    Options

Lmao your deductive reasoning skills are garbage my g

See: Objective definition my g
  • Go figure
    Options

On that point that the material he released actually revealed it all long before the tapes leaked? The Racists tapes were a missing piece of the puzzle that made all the "Jokes" make more sense and were therefore the icing...

Again, 2 of the top 3 artists of this generation among many other highly respected lyricists praise him for his abilities. Whether or not he is racist or has racist tapes has not a single thing to do with his rapping abilities.
  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Stew wrote: »
    5 Grand wrote: »
    5 Grand wrote: »
    dwade206 wrote: »
    dwade206 wrote: »
    Lmao "em top 5 so the racist ? don't matter cuz everyone else is racist!"

This ? is sad

The racist ? was acknowledged in the thread about the racist tapes.

Racism has nothing to do with talent at a craft.

? has nothing to do with mj or kells singing skills. Irrelevant to the convo of his skill level.

It's a Black craft, the ? -boy played us, and y'all bed ? ass ? still caping. Lmao, backward time we live in.

U missed the premise of the thread. If OBJECTIVE wasnt in the title i wouldnt argue none of the ? ur sayin.

Yeah, objectively I broke down that ? ass ? 's whole catalog and you conveniently overlook it. But I digress again. ? that ? . Ain't no time to be objective if we let him in and now these ? TAPES/STORIES resurface.

So had his catalogue been more to your liking u would consider him more highly in hip hop position regardless of the racist tapes?

I've tried to stay out of this thread as I'm the O/P. I wanted to hear everybody else's opinion.

But I see Eminem the same way I see Canibus or Chino XL. The only difference is that Eminem sells records to mainstream White Americans that don't ordinarily buy rap albums while Canibus and Chino XL don't appeal to that market.

After much deliberation, I've decided that Eminem is NOT Top 10 DOA.

He needs to make a soulful album that appeals to Black people to fit in the Top 10 DOA club. This is Black music, like it or not. That's objective. Hip Hop was created by Black and Latino's. If Blacks and Latino's aren't feeling your style than you're not top 10.

How u just now comin to this conclusion when you've let it be known since u first started postin that u never ? with his music(which is ok btw)?

Actually what you've posted is false. If you go back and look at any threads wherever I listed my top 10 MCs, Eminem was always there. Ever since I joined the IC I've had Eminem in my top 10. Not because I listen to his music, but because I acknowledge that he's the highest selling rapper and he's talented. The problem is that I don't listen to his music.

What inspired me to make this thread was a thread I made last week, In Hindsight How Do You Feel About Benzino which led to another thread that was titled something about Eminem Switching Like A Frisco ? .

Those two threads made me reevaluate whether or not I should hold Eminem in such high regard or if I'm just giving him a pass because he sold a lot of records.

For the record, here's the other 9 MCs in my top 10 list

In no order

Melle Mel
    Rakim
    LL Cool J
    Ice Cube
    2Pac
    Biggie
    Nas
    Jay Z
    Lauryn Hill

and I had Eminem in there but you guys have convinced me that he's not worthy of that tenth spot. No matter how many records he sold.

"5th Letter- Who are some of your least favorite rappers?

5 Grand- As far as my least favorite rappers, I don't like to antagonize people. Its been said that if you have something negative to say about somebody then don't say it at all. Or don't talk about people behind their back. But I've never been a fan of Eminem. He's good lyrically (or he used to be) but I never dug his actual music. It's not just his beats but his production never grabbed me. Nowadays I guess I'm not a fan of Drake. I bought his Take Care album and wasn't feeling it at all. So thats two rappers who are/were really popular that I was never feeling"

y4dnn33u8jpg.gif

Its true, I've never been a fan of Eminem, but objectively I consider(ed) him a top 10 rapper based on his skills and popularity.

Now go back and find any post where I made a top 10 list and I guarantee you'll find Eminem in there.
  • Soloman_The_Wise
    edited June 2017
    Options

Again, 2 of the top 3 artists of this generation among many other highly respected lyricists praise him for his abilities. Whether or not he is racist or has racist tapes has not a single thing to do with his rapping abilities.

again objectively speaking his content has always been asscheeks often times literally... Refer back to
    Keep in mind that Black Praise for Eminem comes from 2 types of mindstates the Psychologically, Socially and Culturally confused Uncle Toms and those that Want more White dollars...
  • Go figure
    Options
    ls1pblybjqtn.jpg
    msnnznwg0bq3.jpg
    ll2inc6ncikw.jpg

Does Cole make black enough music or he a ? too?
  • Soloman_The_Wise
    edited June 2017
    Options
    ls1pblybjqtn.jpg
    msnnznwg0bq3.jpg
    ll2inc6ncikw.jpg

White dollars wanted...next up??? On a side note do you Stans just tag in when the others are doing something else or is there a emergency alert system that tells you shady needs your human shield???
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options

So all of our fav rappers that ever said anything positive about him that aren't connected to him financially are confused and Uncle toms?

ukr2khe1q3hf.gif "he played us!"- dwade

:joy:
  • Go figure
    Options
    zlywoi867x4m.png
  • Soloman_The_Wise
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Keep in mind that Black Praise for Eminem comes from 2 types of mindstates the Psychologically, Socially and Culturally confused Uncle Toms and those that Want more White dollars...

So all of our fav rappers that ever said anything positive about him that aren't connected to him financially are confused and Uncle toms?

Refer back to the White Dollars portion of my previous posts that pretty much covers those that are not confused Uncle Toms...
  • Go figure
    Options
    ls1pblybjqtn.jpg
    msnnznwg0bq3.jpg
    ll2inc6ncikw.jpg

White dollars wanted...next up??? On a side note do you Stans just tag in when the others are doing something else or is there a emergency alert system that tells you shady needs your human shield???

White dollars wanted = sellout ? dont it?

To praise a white racist for dollars.....

...when we were just calling football players ? who wouldnt kneel for the anthem after Kap set it off?

...yall really believe the ? that u write?

Or just cant admit youre wrong?

Selective outrage
  • Go figure
    Options

again objectively speaking his content has always been asscheeks often times literally... Refer back to

So if his content wasnt "asscheeks" and more to your liking would u consider him more highly on your list regardless of the racist tapes?
  • Soloman_The_Wise
    Options

So if his content wasnt "asscheeks" and more to your liking would u consider him more highly on your list regardless of the racist tapes?

If my aunt had ? she would be my uncle but she does not so she is not my uncle...
  • Go figure
    Options

Refer back to the White Dollars portion of my previous posts that pretty much covers those that are not confused Uncle Toms...

Joe budden praises Em moreso than any other rapper that i know of. If u know anything about him he dont chase money hes all about the culture.

So which is it confused or white dollars?
  • Soloman_The_Wise
    edited June 2017
    Options

Joe budden praises Em moreso than any other rapper that i know of. If u know anything about him he dont chase money hes all about the culture.

Both he is one of the homotionally charged bipolar rappers of all times and he still wants white dollars so he can eat... I have a life no more of which will be wasted on this subject today carry on with your Stanning free from the wise...
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options

So in order to get "white dollars" u have to speak positively on him?
  • bck145
    bck145 Members Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Both he is one of the homotionally charged bipolar rappers of all times and he still wants white dollars so he can eat... I have a life no more of which will be wasted on this subject today carry on with your Stanning free from the wise...

You are just full of excuses huh
  • Go figure
    Options
    w8or8dlr7p37.jpg

To those downplaying Em's flow bc of those who emulated it AFTER him..."after we cracked Em's code it became normal" -Lupe Fiasco
  • sapp08_2001
    sapp08_2001 Members Posts: 7,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hes got the skills but album wise after his first three albums he fell off imo
  • Go figure
    Options
    Fab lists his top 5 doa
    https://youtu.be/puKc-4rXnfI

Em at 3:30
  • Go figure
    Options
    jphlv5cg60ij.jpg