4:44 Album - *JAY-Z* (06/30/17).

Options

Comments

• Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    za'kiss wrote: »
    Dogowner14 wrote: »
    Allhiphop is the only hip hop site that would ban people from a tribute Prodigy thread (cracka admins does not care)

Secondly ahh is the only hip hop site that would say that Nas last good album was Stillmatic

Now you can ban me forever I already signed up on two other hip hop sites.

? all ya ? admins son of ?

z770mq6p79sr.png

Is that Windows '98?

IMG_20170705_154628.jpg
    host gifs
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Close to 1M people downloaded 444 illegally within the first week. The demand was there. Jay was going platinum it was just a matter of when

Which is why having a company buy 1 million units is a ? ? thing to do. This ? Hov want us to support black enterprise and he is cooking the books like enron or bernie madoff which makes him no better than corrupt white businessmen.

The other issue is due to this cheating he got to not drop the ? legally on i tunes and in stores and only have it on tidal but still get a plaque without earning the fans who would have and will still buy the actual album for the retail price. And the ? would still go plat in 1 to 2 weeks if he allowed ? to legally buy it outside of tidal.
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Why do you care so much Monizzle? Why? There's a million ways people play the numbers. Some artist sell their ? for $6 or $7 instead of $10-12, some have big giveaways/signings, Jay did what he did. If you want to start hunting down exactly how everyone got to platinum, you gonna find out a bunch of ? ain't what you thought it was.

monizzle cares too much. why you think his name hasn't been changed from meekmonizzLLLLLLLLLe?
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Options
    The ? is using his and his artist music as leverage to get money out of businesses. If Samsung is willing to give Rihanna 30 mil for her last album and tour. Isn't that better than selling 3 mil on sales while Apple, Spotify, and YouTube pimping you for pennies on your dollar.

• MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    The ? is using his and his artist music as leverage to get money out of businesses. If Samsung is willing to give Rihanna 30 mil for her last album and tour. Isn't that better than selling 3 mil on sales while Apple, Spotify, and YouTube pimping you for pennies on your dollar.

There is nothing wrong with making deals with cell phone carriers to give fans free ? . All am saying is that ? shouldn't count toward RIAA certification.
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

There is nothing wrong with making deals with cell phone carriers to give fans free ? . All am saying is that ? shouldn't count toward RIAA certification.

Then neither should streaming or YouTube views.
  • natural born sinners
    natural born sinners Members Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    GetoBoy wrote: »
    "This album is a classic because Sprint bought 1 million records" @GetoBoy lmao

Also there is 0 proof Birdman bought millions of records. And seeing how cheap he is i doubt he bought that many records. There is 100% proof Jay had companies wholsale buy 1 million records for users and didn't charge the users anything. That is fraud.

So a million is only a million if a million DIFFERENT ppl buy it??? So what weights more a thousand pounds of coins or a thousand pounds of feathers???? Once you get that you'll get how silly you sound

This how backwards ? sound companies are buying his albums and giving em to customers and you complaining becuz he not making us go out and buy em ourselves??? If the company buys a million and burns em or a million ppl buy em and play em everyday how does that change a million being sold??? Clearly math isn't your thing lol

It changes it because a sprint customer doesn't pay any more per month to get a free download of an album. It manipulates the numbers. By that logic every ? who legally buys a CD and burns a few copies/gives a friend the album on a usb should go toward an artists album count. Same with every illegal download on the internet that should count toward album sales.

The reason album streams have to be at high levels to equal one album unit was created for this purpose. So that someone who passively streams a bunch of albums per month for just 9.99 only contributes so much per sales week toward the album count of an artist.

Also this method of corporations buying 1million albums to get people to go plat only encourages people to release the album through 1 streaming source and have a company still get them to plat for their records. It is cheap and cheating no matter how you add up the numbers.

Seems like Jay figured out how to not rely on labels or even fickle rap fans to succeed.
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Looks like the physical cd is dropping on friday
  • natural born sinners
    natural born sinners Members Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jay ? cool..right now I'm listening to 4:44 and that new vado mixtape
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    Options

Then neither should streaming or YouTube views.

Those stats are balanced out so that 1 view or stream doesn't equal one album unit. Through deep algorithms it has allow these more passive interactions to fairly be counted and translated into album units. Likewise these new means to get certified encourage content to be available right away on many different platforms making access much more easier for fans.

What jay has done the last 2 albums encourages artists to get exclusive deals with a platform (even chance with apple music) not allow physical of digital purchases early on and for artists to finesse corporations to pay for play to get these artists certified quicker.
  • GetoBoy
    GetoBoy Members Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Also there is 0 proof Birdman bought millions of records. And seeing how cheap he is i doubt he bought that many records. There is 100% proof Jay had companies wholsale buy 1 million records for users and didn't charge the users anything. That is fraud.

So a million is only a million if a million DIFFERENT ppl buy it??? So what weights more a thousand pounds of coins or a thousand pounds of feathers???? Once you get that you'll get how silly you sound

This how backwards ? sound companies are buying his albums and giving em to customers and you complaining becuz he not making us go out and buy em ourselves??? If the company buys a million and burns em or a million ppl buy em and play em everyday how does that change a million being sold??? Clearly math isn't your thing lol

Ok, come on, now this is the dickriding I was talking about. You don't see the difference between a million people liking an album enough to go out and buy with their own money and a million people getting an album for free because a company bought them and gave them away. Let me make it clear for you. I just downloaded it using the Spring code. I probably wouldn't have gotten it if I had to pay. How many other people do you believe fall into that category?

On a side note, this is how I'd rate it.

Lyrics - 4.5
    Flow - 2
    Beats - 4
    Subject Matter - 4.5
    Overall - 4

It's a good album, but Jay's flow was lazy as hell throughout it. For some songs, it fit, but others like with Legacy, it was just bad. Also, the beats were consistently good, but nothing really stood out to me. I don't feel there were any bangers. A lot of good songs, but nothing stood out to me.

Fool a million is still a million which is my point you acting like you use to have proof a million ppl bought the albums B4..... It don't matter how the million got sold companies not buying a million albums unless they believe you'll sell a million anyways and they wanna get in on the money so what's the big deal how the million got sold if in the end SOMEBODY bought the million smh
  • GetoBoy
    edited July 2017
    Options

It changes it because a sprint customer doesn't pay any more per month to get a free download of an album. It manipulates the numbers. By that logic every ? who legally buys a CD and burns a few copies/gives a friend the album on a usb should go toward an artists album count. Same with every illegal download on the internet that should count toward album sales.

The reason album streams have to be at high levels to equal one album unit was created for this purpose. So that someone who passively streams a bunch of albums per month for just 9.99 only contributes so much per sales week toward the album count of an artist.

Also this method of corporations buying 1million albums to get people to go plat only encourages people to release the album through 1 streaming source and have a company still get them to plat for their records. It is cheap and cheating no matter how you add up the numbers.

Who else has the power to and been able to do it besides Jay??? ? acting like Sprint just gonna start buying everybody albums ? was crying this same ? last time with MCHG that now everybody gonna do this and still the only one who been able to do it is Jay that should tell you something

? complaining about artist who been getting fleeced outta sales forever becuz they fleecing back..... Rappers albums been getting bootlegged since forever but you complaining becuz they finding ways to get sum of them numbers back???? Knock it off
  • Sage Wonder
    Sage Wonder Members Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Options
    My list of the best tracks

1. Marcy Me
    2. The OJ Story
    3. 4:44
    4. Smile
    5. Moonlight
    6. Bam
    7. Family Fued
    8. Caught in their eyes
    9. Legacy
    10. ? Jay z

Marcy me is so good smooth

Right now this is my list but the more I listen to it the more I start to appreciate a new song

1. Marcy Me
    2. Story of OJ
    3. Moonlight
    4. Bam
    5. 4:44
    6. Family Feud
    7. ? JayZ
    8. Legacy
    9. Smile
    10. Caught in their eyes
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Legacy
    OJ
    Bam
    Family Feud
    Marcy Me
    Moonlight
    4:44
    ? Jay-Z
    Smile
    Caught In Their Eyes
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Fool a million is still a million which is my point you acting like you use to have proof a million ppl bought the albums B4..... It don't matter how the million got sold companies not buying a million albums unless they believe you'll sell a million anyways and they wanna get in on the money so what's the big deal how the million got sold if in the end SOMEBODY bought the million smh

? , you sound stupid. No one is arguing whether a million equals a million. We're arguing the significance of the million. Sprint buying a million and then giving the album away as a perk to keep its customers in line is not the same as 1 million people buying the album cause they actually want it. Only an idiot would think otherwise. And I'm not claiming that's what happened. I'm just saying your assertion that it doesn't matter how a million records is sold is stupid. If some wack ass rich musician puts out an album that no one wants, and then buys 1 million of them himself, you think that's worthwhile too?
  • GetoBoy
    Options

? , you sound stupid. No one is arguing whether a million equals a million. We're arguing the significance of the million. Sprint buying a million and then giving the album away as a perk to keep its customers in line is not the same as 1 million people buying the album cause they actually want it. Only an idiot would think otherwise. And I'm not claiming that's what happened. I'm just saying your assertion that it doesn't matter how a million records is sold is stupid. If some wack ass rich musician puts out an album that no one wants, and then buys 1 million of them himself, you think that's worthwhile too?

Wtf does it matter how the million got sold it's still the same million that's what your simple ass ain't getting...... RIAA gives plats for a million sold fool not for a million different ppl going to get it becuz news flash I'm pretty sure there's PLENTY of cases where albums are being bought wtf y'all ? bout Sprint bought a million the ? was illegally downloaded a million times so in the end it still is a million gawd damn it ain't that deep unless you gonna ? and moan about the million ppl that bootlegged it and say those should be Jay sales and if that's the case take away the Sprint million give him the bootlegged million and you still at a million smmfh
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? come in this forum every time a new album is released by a rapper looking for illegal links but wanna complain when a rapper finds a way to try and balance out the bootlegging if you ? don't quit it

Exactly.
  • qawshun
    qawshun Members Posts: 9,138 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? come in this forum every time a new album is released by a rapper looking for illegal links but wanna complain when a rapper finds a way to try and balance out the bootlegging if you ? don't quit it

when you put it like this i can't complain, i didn't complain from jump but still was wondering how dude went plat without selling a single lp but hey it's hov
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    LcnsdbyROYALTY Members Posts: 13,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Wait, what!? I guess that's a way to do it. I just hope Samsung ate in '13 and Sprint is currently eating off off those 2 million albums. I wonder if they paid market price or wholesale.

rxt6b0h37hl1.gif