Options
    I love the background vocals by Beyoncé on family feud

Favorite song on the album...
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    GetoBoy wrote: »
    "This album is a classic because Sprint bought 1 million records" @GetoBoy lmao

Also there is 0 proof Birdman bought millions of records. And seeing how cheap he is i doubt he bought that many records. There is 100% proof Jay had companies wholsale buy 1 million records for users and didn't charge the users anything. That is fraud.

So a million is only a million if a million DIFFERENT ppl buy it??? So what weights more a thousand pounds of coins or a thousand pounds of feathers???? Once you get that you'll get how silly you sound

This how backwards ? sound companies are buying his albums and giving em to customers and you complaining becuz he not making us go out and buy em ourselves??? If the company buys a million and burns em or a million ppl buy em and play em everyday how does that change a million being sold??? Clearly math isn't your thing lol

It changes it because a sprint customer doesn't pay any more per month to get a free download of an album. It manipulates the numbers. By that logic every ? who legally buys a CD and burns a few copies/gives a friend the album on a usb should go toward an artists album count. Same with every illegal download on the internet that should count toward album sales.

The reason album streams have to be at high levels to equal one album unit was created for this purpose. So that someone who passively streams a bunch of albums per month for just 9.99 only contributes so much per sales week toward the album count of an artist.

Also this method of corporations buying 1million albums to get people to go plat only encourages people to release the album through 1 streaming source and have a company still get them to plat for their records. It is cheap and cheating no matter how you add up the numbers.

Who else has the power to and been able to do it besides Jay??? ? acting like Sprint just gonna start buying everybody albums ? was crying this same ? last time with MCHG that now everybody gonna do this and still the only one who been able to do it is Jay that should tell you something

? complaining about artist who been getting fleeced outta sales forever becuz they fleecing back..... Rappers albums been getting bootlegged since forever but you complaining becuz they finding ways to get sum of them numbers back???? Knock it off

People illegally download movies heavily but hbo doesn't pay for 1 million digital copies of Moonlight. What jay did is unethical for both this and magna carta. Yes people always have bootlegged music but goat artists like jay never had a problem going plat because of the large fanbase. Fighting piracy with conspiracy of a business to buy 1 mllion units doesn't make what jay did is right.

And ri ght now Jay is the only one who has done this. However this could be a bigger trend even with apple music and drake ( i would critisize this) or hell beyonce if she really wanted to cheat had to power and money to do the same. But since Beyonce doesn't cheat like her man she actually let the streams and i tunes sales count toward her plaque.

Two quotes for you:

“? you, pay me! Now it’s ? paying me, I pay you”

“We merrily merrily eating off these streams”

Only one problem his streams on tidal ain't what got him plat; him buying his plaque did. So now men lie, women lie, and numbers from the RIAA lie lmao.

One of the things that i loved about jay pre MCHG is that ? got cats to buy his album or stream it to get plat off hard work and not paying for trophies. The reason i like takeover over ether is because Jay spit facts and talked numbers that meant something. but the last 2 albums he bought plaques in my opinion he didn't earn them.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    A RIAA certification is supposed to give an idea of how popular an album is. It doesn't mean anything, people aren't actually buying the album.

From the RIAA website:
    The RIAA says its current mission includes:[1]

to protect intellectual property rights and the First Amendment rights of artists;
    to perform research about the music industry;
    to monitor and review relevant laws, regulations and policies.
    The Recording Industry Association of America® (RIAA) is the trade organization that supports and promotes the creative and financial vitality of the major music companies. Its members comprise the most vibrant record industry in the world, investing in great artists to help them reach their potential and connect to their fans. Nearly 85% of all legitimate recorded music produced and sold in the United States is created, manufactured or distributed by RIAA members.

In support of this mission, the RIAA works to protect the intellectual property and First Amendment rights of artists and music labels; conduct consumer, industry and technical research; and monitor and review state and federal laws, regulations and policies. RIAA also certifies Gold®, Platinum®, Multi-Platinum™, Diamond and Los Premios De Oro y Platino™ sales and streaming awards.

You don't think you know more about the RIAA than the RIAA, do you?

I'm not talking about what RIAA says their function is. When people on here are boosting up an artist going Platinum or Diamond, do you really think they went to the RIAA website and read that blurb? Of course not. They just know that those labels are associated with a certain number of sales and are using them as a metric for discussion about how popular or well received a particular album is/was.

Damn, I know ya'll love your boy Jay, but I don't even understand what you're arguing at this point. There should be no dispute that the usefulness of those labels in any discussion of how well an album is received is reduced when many of those sales are not the result of fans actually buying the album. Again, this should go without question. If an artist sells a million albums because a company buys that million and then gives them away to customers as an incentive to stick with them, you have no idea how many people out of that million would have actually bought the album, so you can no longer use that Platinum title to gauge how popular the album is. Literally, only Jay-Z fans would try to deny that. Ya'll are entering Trump support level of stupidity at this point.
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    Options

Also there is 0 proof Birdman bought millions of records. And seeing how cheap he is i doubt he bought that many records. There is 100% proof Jay had companies wholsale buy 1 million records for users and didn't charge the users anything. That is fraud.

So a million is only a million if a million DIFFERENT ppl buy it??? So what weights more a thousand pounds of coins or a thousand pounds of feathers???? Once you get that you'll get how silly you sound

This how backwards ? sound companies are buying his albums and giving em to customers and you complaining becuz he not making us go out and buy em ourselves??? If the company buys a million and burns em or a million ppl buy em and play em everyday how does that change a million being sold??? Clearly math isn't your thing lol

It changes it because a sprint customer doesn't pay any more per month to get a free download of an album. It manipulates the numbers. By that logic every ? who legally buys a CD and burns a few copies/gives a friend the album on a usb should go toward an artists album count. Same with every illegal download on the internet that should count toward album sales.

The reason album streams have to be at high levels to equal one album unit was created for this purpose. So that someone who passively streams a bunch of albums per month for just 9.99 only contributes so much per sales week toward the album count of an artist.

Also this method of corporations buying 1million albums to get people to go plat only encourages people to release the album through 1 streaming source and have a company still get them to plat for their records. It is cheap and cheating no matter how you add up the numbers.

Who else has the power to and been able to do it besides Jay??? ? acting like Sprint just gonna start buying everybody albums ? was crying this same ? last time with MCHG that now everybody gonna do this and still the only one who been able to do it is Jay that should tell you something

? complaining about artist who been getting fleeced outta sales forever becuz they fleecing back..... Rappers albums been getting bootlegged since forever but you complaining becuz they finding ways to get sum of them numbers back???? Knock it off

People illegally download movies heavily but hbo doesn't pay for 1 million digital copies of Moonlight. What jay did is unethical for both this and magna carta. Yes people always have bootlegged music but goat artists like jay never had a problem going plat because of the large fanbase. Fighting piracy with conspiracy of a business to buy 1 mllion units doesn't make what jay did is right.

And ri ght now Jay is the only one who has done this. However this could be a bigger trend even with apple music and drake ( i would critisize this) or hell beyonce if she really wanted to cheat had to power and money to do the same. But since Beyonce doesn't cheat like her man she actually let the streams and i tunes sales count toward her plaque.

That analogy was wrong on so many levels it made everything you said just off.... In the end ? bootleg his ? so he found a way to get his through the bootlegging if you have a problem with that you really need to look in the mirror becuz that's sad..... ? called it a conspiracy do you know what that word means becuz between your analogy and miss use of that word you really should just stop it

It was easier to bootleg in 2001 2002 when all you had to do is download limewire and hov still went plat. Flash Forward to Kingdom Come and BP3 and again you had to work a little harder and get torrents and again hov went plat. Which again same ? goes on in the movie business. People bootleg movies worse than music at times. But again the Star Wars and other big franchises sell out the best buy rack every release week.
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    Options
    MCHG still went plat cuz people still went out and bought the album cut the ?

Of course and the same thing would happen with 4:44 but that doesn't take away from the cheap tactic to get to the first million by having a company literally buy the first million to inflate stats.
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    Options

That analogy was wrong on so many levels it made everything you said just off.... In the end ? bootleg his ? so he found a way to get his through the bootlegging if you have a problem with that you really need to look in the mirror becuz that's sad..... ? called it a conspiracy do you know what that word means becuz between your analogy and miss use of that word you really should just stop it

HBO gives out a free 30 days of HBOGo at the premiere of Game of Thrones so what the ? is he talking?

“We shouldn’t count the first four episode numbers because HBO is cheating” - a ?

Series viewership is different than a single albums overall sales. Nobody talks about game of thrones going plat first week. Sales for an album are judged on how many units are sold. A series like game of thrones is judged by the consistent viewership front to back through all the seasons episodes. Likewise GOT is critiqued more on the plot than the actual viewership.

• mosincredible
    mosincredible Members Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? what you talking. The album is greatness and it deserves whatever success it gets. That's all that matters.
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    A RIAA certification is supposed to give an idea of how popular an album is. It doesn't mean anything, people aren't actually buying the album.

From the RIAA website:
    The RIAA says its current mission includes:[1]

to protect intellectual property rights and the First Amendment rights of artists;
    to perform research about the music industry;
    to monitor and review relevant laws, regulations and policies.
    The Recording Industry Association of America® (RIAA) is the trade organization that supports and promotes the creative and financial vitality of the major music companies. Its members comprise the most vibrant record industry in the world, investing in great artists to help them reach their potential and connect to their fans. Nearly 85% of all legitimate recorded music produced and sold in the United States is created, manufactured or distributed by RIAA members.

In support of this mission, the RIAA works to protect the intellectual property and First Amendment rights of artists and music labels; conduct consumer, industry and technical research; and monitor and review state and federal laws, regulations and policies. RIAA also certifies Gold®, Platinum®, Multi-Platinum™, Diamond and Los Premios De Oro y Platino™ sales and streaming awards.

You don't think you know more about the RIAA than the RIAA, do you?

I'm not talking about what RIAA says their function is. When people on here are boosting up an artist going Platinum or Diamond, do you really think they went to the RIAA website and read that blurb? Of course not. They just know that those labels are associated with a certain number of sales and are using them as a metric for discussion about how popular or well received a particular album is/was.

Damn, I know ya'll love your boy Jay, but I don't even understand what you're arguing at this point. There should be no dispute that the usefulness of those labels in any discussion of how well an album is received is reduced when many of those sales are not the result of fans actually buying the album. Again, this should go without question. If an artist sells a million albums because a company buys that million and then gives them away to customers as an incentive to stick with them, you have no idea how many people out of that million would have actually bought the album, so you can no longer use that Platinum title to gauge how popular the album is. Literally, only Jay-Z fans would try to deny that. Ya'll are entering Trump support level of stupidity at this point.

So your argument is that because people reference RIAA certifications ignorantly, the certifications don't matter?
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    Options
    MCHG still went plat cuz people still went out and bought the album cut the ?

Of course and the same thing would happen with 4:44 but that doesn't take away from the cheap tactic to get to the first million by having a company literally buy the first million to inflate stats.

You'd probably tell Jesus turning water into wine is a cheap tactic because he didn't crush the berries himself.

Nah it's fine Jesus had a touring deal with apple music not tidal totally different bruh.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

So your argument is that because people reference RIAA certifications ignorantly, the certifications don't matter?

My argument is that people often use the fact that RIAA certifications are attached to certain sales thresholds as a metric for measuring the reception of an album. The usefulness of those certifications for that purpose is greatly reduced when the certifications don't actually correlate to real sales from real listeners.

Again, I'm not faulting Jay for doing it. It's a smart business move. And I'm not saying this album wouldn't have gone platinum without this. We all know it would have. But someone said, "a company buying a million albums and giving them away and a million people buying the album are the same thing," and that is completely false from the perspective of determining how well the album is being received. If you want to use that company bought million to argue that the album is a financial win for Jay fine, but don't try to say that it's a hit with the masses because a million people accepted a free gift.
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    LcnsdbyROYALTY Members Posts: 13,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BobOblah wrote: »

Never thought I would see a Jay Z video that looks like this

Right. I wonder what else he has up his sleeves as far as videos
  • Moore7s
    Moore7s Members Posts: 452 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Why does JayZ say
    "new homies the reason I stopped drinking dos equis" ?

He always mentioned he didn't drink beer. So what's the connection?
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

My argument is that people often use the fact that RIAA certifications are attached to certain sales thresholds as a metric for measuring the reception of an album.

That is a reckless mistake on their behalf. Sales and reception are two entirely different things. Look at Lil Wayne's Carter 3 or the Transformers 5 movie. Both sold huge numbers but were critically panned.
  • IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Man would y'all ? with this ?
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    Options
    BDBIID wrote: »
    Monizzle the schtick is tired breh.

Anything Tidal related you go on these tireless rants.

From one CT brethren to the next.

Shut the ? up.

Not really i defended Tidal/Jay in regards to Kanye leaving his tidal contract. Plus i helped signed someone up for tidal last week. I support black owned business that are just are corrupt as white business and has mostly white people working at it. #Tidal4all
  • illestni99ainne
    illestni99ainne Members Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    When does it drop on iTunes?
  • MontyM.Max
    MontyM.Max Members Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Think I just popped up in this ? like a fetus? Nah
    Pregnant pause, give you some second thoughts
    There's room on the bandwagon, don't abort
    Marcy me

I press ahead of your team with one finger curl
    I'll line you all up with one finger wave
    Make ? weave, ? is out here fake
    Laced front to the back, don't front
    Y'all gonna make me wig, I'ma give y'all what you want

The schemes. The wordplay. Hov really spit his best ? since AG on this joint. It sounds liked they mixed it down to have the bars sit on top of the beat a lil more than normal too.