• BigBallsNoWorries
    BigBallsNoWorries Members Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Not goin 2 front

But idk who that is
  • AggieLean.
    AggieLean. Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? went and rotted that tooth right on out. I feel for her and hope she gets the help she needs. She's going to end up dead if she doesn't get clean and/or someone to talk with. She has a mental disorder as well
  • JokerzWyld
    JokerzWyld Members Posts: 5,483 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I believe I can save her.
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    They've conditioned ? so much that ? aren't even being sympathetic to one of their own. Yes she made her decision but now she needs help, love and sympathy.
  • mc317
    mc317 Members Posts: 5,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    5th Letter wrote: »
    They've conditioned ? so much that ? aren't even being sympathetic to one of their own. Yes she made her decision but now she needs help, love and sympathy.

? that! If you still smokin ? in 2017 ? yourself

• Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
    Not goin 2 front

But idk who that is

• Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    She fighting two bouts (one of mental illness tha otha chemical dependency ) hopefully she has someone in her inna circle to help her get into some kind of rehabilitation

y'all need to stop using this "mental illness" cop out for drug addicts.

http://steinhardt.nyu.edu/appsych/opus/issues/2013/fall/collins
    ? Abuse and Schizophrenia in Low-Income Communities

According to the DSM-V (2013), schizophrenia is a psychological disorder that consists of “one or more of the following, each present for a significant period of time during a 1-month period: delusions, hallucinations, disorganized speech, grossly disorganized or catatonic behavior, or negative symptoms, i.e., affective flattening, alogia, or avolition” (American Psychiatric Association, 2013). It is a condition that can deeply affect one’s self-care, personal relationships, and awareness of reality (American Psychiatric Association, 2013). Researchers currently believe that schizophrenia is a genetic disorder; however, there has been some difficulty in explaining the heterogeneity of the disorder (American Psychiatric Association, 2013). One reason for this is that schizophrenia tends to arise as a result of a gene-environment interaction, meaning that genetic predisposition in a schizophrenic patient exists, yet often only comes to the surface as a result of environmental experiences (American Psychiatric Association, 2013).

Because of the gene-environment interaction that must typically occur for an individual to become schizophrenic, the symptoms for which a patient is predisposed lay dormant in the patient’s system for many years before becoming active symptoms (Power et al., 2012). When psychotic symptoms surface early in one’s lifetime, they can become more intense and difficult to treat due to the lack of maturation of the brain, as the human brain does not fully develop until age 25 and schizophrenia tends to develop between ages 15 and 25 (Power et al., 2012). Studies have shown that two major instances that lead to early onset schizophrenia are stressful and traumatic life events and substance abuse (Paparelli et al., 2011; Picken & Tarrier, 2011).

Ninety-eight percent of individuals with schizophrenia report some degree of previous exposure to trauma, such as violence, abuse, and neglect, and 47-65% of individuals with schizophrenia report prior substance abuse (Picken & Tarrier, 2011; Zhornitsky et al., 2012). Incidentally, both trauma and drug abuse are two very prevalent issues in low-income populations (Bassuk, Buckner, Perloff, & Bassuk, 1998; Davis, Ressler, Schwartz, Stephens, & Bradley, 2008). Since low-income environments are often stressful and trauma-ridden, and since people in these communities rarely seek psychological help, some turn to substance abuse as a way to self-medicate, which can lead to the onset of schizophrenic symptoms (Power et al., 2012). The use of ? in particular has strong links to the onset of schizophrenia, especially when schizophrenic individuals report using the substance within twelve months prior to the onset of psychotic symptoms (Power et al., 2012). Researchers are still struggling to establish a definitive explanation for ? ’s ability to induce schizophrenic symptoms in individuals. However, recent studies have shown that ? may cause a dysfunction in the prefrontal cortex of the brain, which is a neurological characteristic of schizophrenia (Chambers, Sentir, Conroy, Truitt, & Shekhar, 2012; Tseng, Chambers, & Lipska, 2009).

in other words, while a person may have a predisposition to schizophrenia that may or may not surface, doing coke is a surefire way to trigger it.

She may have had a predisposition to it, she did coke and that brought about it's onset.

tenor.gif

It's not a copout. She was actually sick and in need of help prior to the drugs. She's on the bipolar scitzo spectrum. Her mother documented this before she died and she even did a phone interview in the early 2000s and claimed it was an impersonator right before the magazine hit stands. She been a nutso and any kind of self medicating exacerbates it.

so I guess it is true the pretty ones are crazy. I came across a lot of pretty chicks that were batshit crazy in one form or another.
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Might as well give racist white folks a pass because I'm pretty sure it's some going on in their brain too.

? it. Give EVERYBODY a pass for EVERYTHING.
  • Go figure
    Go figure Guests, Members, Confirm Email, Writer Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Idk if any of u ever dealt with an addict personally but it aint up to anyone to fix it but them. All that have sympathy, give them love ? only helps (very little) if theyre already on track to sober up otherwise theyll use that as a sign they can get over on u.

If she dont want help trust and believe no one can do a damn thing for her without gettin dragged into the bs themselves.
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    aneed123 wrote: »
    jono wrote: »
    jono wrote: »
    Mental illness and drug abuse is a chicken/egg argument for most people. They self-medicate following the onset but use of drugs could also trigger genetic predisposition.

Exactly weed ca 2nd trigger the dormant schizophrenic gene if ur family has history of it.

It did with my brother.

Yup alcohol is a depressant so it can amp depression... weed makes u l paranoid and it ain't like the
    Mid and Reggie folk smoked I. Our folks day... they used to blame ? sheen angel dust that made u like Smokey I. Friday but nowadays it be gas cookies moonrocks salvia wax that got em crazy

im out the loop but wtf is this?

The new weeds lol this what they smoke today
  • aneed123
    Options
    Shizlansky wrote: »
    Might as well give racist white folks a pass because I'm pretty sure it's some going on in their brain too.

It's not that simple homie .. the initial choice is 100 % on thatcperson... but how ur body chemically reacts and chemical dependency and crazy are not things u can juyst control. Everyone is different
  • Trillfate
    Trillfate Members Posts: 24,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    5th Letter wrote: »

Its the optics. Ppl saw her as a TV star who had it made
  •  i ro ny
    i ro ny Members Posts: 8,459 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Salvia ain't weed.
  • T. Sanford
    T. Sanford Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I can't feel sorry for a junkie. As long as a relative keep comforting them & posting their bond then they'll remain one. My uncle is one & some of my family used to rescue from jail. I'm like "mannnnn leave him in there, maybe he'll sober up. If he can't post his own bond with his money then sorry"
  • Beech Oss Neega
    Beech Oss Neega Members Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

It's not that simple homie .. the initial choice is 100 % on thatcperson... but how ur body chemically reacts and chemical dependency and crazy are not things u can juyst control. Everyone is different

I get what you saying but come on bro. That first time she smoked a rock was dumb as ? . Like somebody else said in here, if you came up in the 80s and early 90s you should already know what the outcome is gonna be if you smoke ? . There should've never been a first time for her. Period.

I'm trying to think of a scenario where things are going so bad in my life that imma just decide "? it, might as well smoke this rock...." It would never happen!
  • goldenja
    goldenja Members Posts: 6,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    goldenja wrote: »
    Addiction is not a disease. It's a choice.

Stop bruh. Please stop. We do know she was successfull and pretty. We do nor know what really caused her addiction.

I rather take it as HUMBLE PIE : NO MATTER HOW RICH, SEXY, SUCCESSFULL, LIFE CAN STILL PUT YOU DOWN.

So thank ? for that healthy and stressless day. May i stay sane and healthy for a long time.
    Nobody is immune to accident and mental illness. It takes a lill trigger, a lil push, an event...

I know that. So answer me this. What gives the person the excuse for taking a drug?
  • goldenja
    goldenja Members Posts: 6,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • konceptjones
    konceptjones Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 13,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I get what you saying but come on bro. That first time she smoked a rock was dumb as ? . Like somebody else said in here, if you came up in the 80s and early 90s you should already know what the outcome is gonna be if you smoke ? . There should've never been a first time for her. Period.

I'm trying to think of a scenario where things are going so bad in my life that imma just decide "? it, might as well smoke this rock...." It would never happen!

even worse was when she transitioned from ? to ? . I've known crackheads to look down on ? addicts like "at least I ain't smokin ? ..."
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

even worse was when she transitioned from ? to ? . I've known crackheads to look down on ? addicts like "at least I ain't smokin ? ..."

Word.

• Beech Oss Neega
    Options

I didn't even know black people did ? at all
  • Go figure
    Go figure Guests, Members, Confirm Email, Writer Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Most ppl get put on to certain drugs like ? , ? , heroin by a lover especially females.
  • rebootx1
    rebootx1 Members Posts: 961 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yeah it show's most people in here ain't from the hood.All the ? going on in this world and motherfukkas sad cuz 1 cracking head ? , WHY DON'T U GO TO BALTIMORE AND PICK A RANDOM FIEND, GO SAVE THEY LIFE , OH THEY NOT IMPORTANT ENOUGH CUZ THEY WASN'T ON TV BEFORE MAN FUKK YALL.
  • T. Sanford
    T. Sanford Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Go figure wrote: »
    Most ppl get put on to certain drugs like ? , ? , heroin by a lover especially females.

Truth right here. I knew a tall, skinny chick name Tonya Rucker that was with this dude that snorted powder. Next thing you know, she started playing with her nose. After awhile, you start seeing effects from her appearance
  • aneed123
    Options
    i ro ny wrote: »
    Salvia ain't weed.

U know what I mean lol.
  • Beech Oss Neega
    Options
    T. Sanford wrote: »
    Go figure wrote: »

Truth right here. I knew a tall, skinny chick name Tonya Rucker that was with this dude that snorted powder. Next thing you know, she started playing with her nose. After awhile, you start seeing effects from her appearance

Lmao Damn bruh you didn't have to put her whole govt up here though