Options
    Who's the villain? Ares?
  • metal face terrorist
    metal face terrorist Members Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Who's the villain? Ares?

Come on man

Man that's who it looks like in the trailer.
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Who's the villain? Ares?

Steppenwolf
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dark horse. Ima say its Martian Manhunter.

I wish.
  • Huey_C
    Huey_C Members Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Who's the villain? Ares?

Come on man

Man that's who it looked in the trailer.

This ? lol
  • nj2089
    nj2089 Members Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Aquaman gonna be fire in this
  • nj2089
    nj2089 Members Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Damn Negan might be Batman in The Flash movie
  • matches malone
    matches malone Members Posts: 3,067 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Options
    if that flashpoint movie puts henry cavill's face on skinny superman's body and he actually stomps on a beach like in the comic I may just sheet on myself.
  • 1CK1S
    1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    nj2089 wrote: »
    Hope that's Green Latern at the end

Superman! 1:42 looks like Bruce was trying to study him just to bring him back!
  • 1CK1S
    1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
    I got chills when the voice said "No lanterns."
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lou_Cypher wrote: »
    New league trailer released!

https://youtu.be/g_6yBZKj-eo

*calls Wall St. Stock Exchange to dump all the money at the box office*

Take everything.
  • CottonCitySlim
    CottonCitySlim Members Posts: 7,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Options
    That trailer wasn't as hype as wonder woman's

You can see synders influence
  • Lou Cypher
    Options
    Description of aquaman footage shown at comicon. No trailer was shown

It begins on the ocean with two old fishermen. They’re listening to the radio and suddenly it looks like they have a bite. But it’s not a fish. It’s something big moving under them. The camera pulls back and we see that there are enormous underwater ships moving beneath the tiny fishing boat. One of them even has a shark fin that sticks out of the water. The fishermen are speechless.

The camera goes under the water and we see that there are HUNDREDS of ships and armored men riding sharks.

The scene cuts to Aquaman himself, standing with his trident.

“You don’t want to maybe talk this over?” he says to an offscreen opponent.

“Yeah,” he smiles. “Me neither."

James Wan was the first choice for director on this movie. Warner Brother’s wants the movie to be like an underwater “horror” movie with a superhero at the helm. This movie has been at the majority of excitement at the office. Apparently James Wan agreed on this movie on a few terms, but the major one was that he wanted a solid script finalized before the “meat” of pre-production started. This was an enormous request, but the script has been labeled as a fantastic “new superhero genre” and “immensely scary albeit satisfying”. This script has been worked on for years, and Zack Snyder has been working on the character since Man of Steel as well. James Wan started pre-production with a completed script down to at least 5 different drafts. This apparently will be the new standard for the future of DCEU movies, and the studio is willing to slow things down in order to achieve this.
  • Lou Cypher
    Options
    At 1:40 of the jleague trailer you can see bruce sitting watching a hologram of what appears to be superman. All you can see is a flowing red cape. But then the cape raises a bit and you can see the holograms bare legs with what looks like possible tattoos. People are saying it's supergirl.

Steppenwolf mentions in the trailer "no lanterns" as well. In the shot of the flying fox, you can see a glowing green light on the side of it.

Alfred may be speaking to superman, supergirl, or green lantern.

Can't wait till november!
  • Lou Cypher
    Options
    Can also see green looking lights in the reflection of alfreds glasses
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
    I hope it's it not Supergirl. That'll be super corny to me
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I think its a Green Lantern.. likely not an Earth one... It sounds like Alfred but it could be the Green Lantern who says "I Don't Recognize This World" and Batman says "We don't have to recognize it, we just have to save it".
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Trailer is OK. Nothing crazy
  • nujerz84
    edited July 2017
    Options
    nujerz84 wrote: »
    Quite frankly its Zack Snyder fault for making 1 decent and 1 ? movie while having a Batman that supposedly been around for 20 years.

? Zack Snyder

Dude stepped back because he's trying to cope with his daughter's suicide, might want to lay off the man a bit given his personal situation. Also, let's not pretend his ideas didn't have to get greenlit by people above his pay grade. They could have easily have said "No, he's been around for 5 years tops" and cast a younger actor.

Both movies were made long before the tragedy.

My comment still stands. Snyder is the main guy who spear headed this Universe under his vision. In other words unless Flashpoint movie retcon things, all the other films are constrained to be set in this Universe that he created (Unless its set in the Past like Wonder Woman).

If Bats been around for 20 years and a Robin was killed by Joker (which they have yet to 100% confirm which Robin) its safe to say Bats had at least 3 Robins (Maybe 4 if they include Damien) a Batgirl and a Robin old enough to now be Nightwing. But they havent mentioned them at all.

Let not also forget that a Kara Zor El aka Supergirl also officially exists in this Universe.

Its Possible WB/DC believed his vision and any concerns they may have had, Snyder convinced them that it could work. And perhaps after the 2 movies that he did, they realized they may have made a mistake.

• texas409
    texas409 Members Posts: 20,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lou_Cypher wrote: »
    New league trailer released!

https://youtu.be/g_6yBZKj-eo

oh my freaking goodness!!!!!
  • nujerz84
    Options
    Ben Affleck intends to play Batman at least one more time after ‘Justice League’

Yesterday Ben Affleck took the stage at Comic-Con to tell fans how much he loves being Batman, a clear response to the report from last Friday that said his Batman future was in doubt. After Comic-Con, Entertainment Weekly caught up with Affleck, and he went into much more detail about his future as the Dark Knight.

“My status remains what it always is,” Affleck said. “I’ve done the two movies. I’ve always intended on doing a third if Warners wants to make it. Certainly, if the Batphone rings, I will answer.”

Affleck’s contract requires him to play Batman three times: Batman v Superman, Justice League, and a Justice League sequel, according to his agent. With no Justice League sequel currently planned, that third time in the cowl will likely be The Batman with director Matt Reeves instead. Suicide Squad was a “walk-on”, as Affleck put it, and did not count against his three contracted appearances (and is likely why he wasn’t in the credits).

Speaking of Matt Reeves, Affleck had nothing but praise for him. “I think getting Matt Reeves to come in and do it is really, really exciting,” Affleck said. He also had nice words for Warner Bros., Justice League, and Wonder Woman.

“Warners has been working on it, making sure we’re getting it right. That’s the partnership you definitely want. With Wonder Woman, they really hit a home run. With [Justice League], I think we’ve found the tone, and found the flavor of it,” he said.

“I’d love to do it as long as they’ll have me,” he concluded. “Eventually it’ll be somebody else, and I’m sure they’ll get somebody great. But while I’m doing it, I’m going to do the best job I can, and really appreciate how lucky I am.”

Affleck also reiterated why he stepped down from directing The Batman. It wasn’t due to a lack of enthusiasm, it just became too much work for one person.

“It’s such a big job, in terms of the stunts and the suit and the action and the character. Trying to do that, and direct, would probably be too much. Something would be compromised. I think it came off, optically, to the broader world, like lack of interest or enthusiasm. When in fact I love this character.”
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Quite frankly its Zack Snyder fault for making 1 decent and 1 ? movie while having a Batman that supposedly been around for 20 years.

? Zack Snyder

Dude stepped back because he's trying to cope with his daughter's suicide, might want to lay off the man a bit given his personal situation. Also, let's not pretend his ideas didn't have to get greenlit by people above his pay grade. They could have easily have said "No, he's been around for 5 years tops" and cast a younger actor.

Both movies were made long before the tragedy.

My comment still stands. Snyder is the main guy who spear headed this Universe under his vision. In other words unless Flashpoint movie retcon things, all the other films are constrained to be set in this Universe that he created (Unless its set in the Past like Wonder Woman).

If Bats been around for 20 years and a Robin was killed by Joker (which they have yet to 100% confirm which Robin) its safe to say Bats had at least 3 Robins (Maybe 4 if they include Damien) a Batgirl and a Robin old enough to now be Nightwing. But they havent mentioned them at all.

Let not also forget that a Kara Zor El aka Supergirl also officially exists in this Universe.

Its Possible WB/DC believed his vision and any concerns they may have had, Snyder convinced them that it could work. And perhaps after the 2 movies that he did, they realized they may have made a mistake.

But that CAN work. How about let people cook up something with that potential and then talk. We need movies like The Batman and Nightwing to get here to get more Batman worldbuilding being expanded. That type of ? had no place in Batman V Superman cause the narrative never called for it. It's obvious especially after Suicide Squad that Gotham is it's own living breathing established thing in this universe. You just sound impatient.

Personally I have been asking for an established Batman with a batfamily on film for years now. So I'm glad Snyder introduced Batman with that elder statesman conceit.