Colin Kaepernick refuses “to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses Black people”...

Options

Comments

• SolemnSauce
    SolemnSauce Members Posts: 15,860 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    27in7cby3apl.png
    I ain't mad at em,..
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It is what it is
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Go to the Arena Football League or the CFL...see how that works out.
  • OnnaThursday
    OnnaThursday Members Posts: 238 ✭✭
    Options
    Every man makes their own choices. He was willing to sacrifice for what he believed in. Instead of questioning other players to get "quotes" and shaming those who aren't down why not use that energy to show Kap some love or support. Dez made his choice and the only person that has to live with that is him
  • MD_PROPER
    MD_PROPER Members Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cain wrote: »

We really need to know how to use the term "? ". ? is what whitey called your black ? . Whitlock and his ilk would be what they call a "Tom" not a ? .

My brother, we always take terms and give'em new meanings ...we all understand ? and uncle tom are being used interchangeably now days.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Trillfate wrote: »
    No... not Tim... Not Tim!!!!!

Why Time, why? Cause that ? don't give a ? . If you know anything about Lynch you should know he doesn't give two ? . He's going to do what he wants. Definitely when he's right (like this time) and most likely when he's wrong too.
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    MD_PROPER wrote: »

We really need to know how to use the term "? ". ? is what whitey called your black ? . Whitlock and his ilk would be what they call a "Tom" not a ? .

My brother, we always take terms and give'em new meanings ...we all understand ? and uncle tom are being used interchangeably now days.

And ? still use them ? wrong most of the time
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I've been saying this for the longest but ? don't listen
  • ineedpussy
    ineedpussy Members Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »
    Lefty_ wrote: »
    A lot of emotion in these posts. You don't ? up the golden goose to be a broke activist. Standing for the anthem ain't no ? ? . In a few years Colin K will be a 30 for 30. It's honorable what he did, but at the end of the day, he sacrificed his platform to make a point, and now he can no longer even use that platform in silence because it's not there.

You can't wave a red flag in front of a bull and not expect it to charge. Everybody wanna cry that blackball ? like the owners don't still hold the cards. If i'm dez and I see what Kap is goin through, i'ma lay in the cut too, hell yea.

Like somebody said before. A lot of ? been quietly on some trill ? they whole careers.

Dez has money man. If he saved up like he should have, he would have what's called "? you" money.

See the problem is, these high paid athletes need to pool their resources together and start their OWN league, but some don't see the big picture.

It really ain't that simple...and it takes alot more than people would probably imagine to start an entire league. Especially one to compete with a multi billion dollar corporation that's already in existence. I'm not saying it's impossible, but the way this gets tossed around really over simplifies it

so you telling me if the all the top players? in the league left and started they own ? they would have to compete with the shield? gtfoh. all they will have is the pats and thats because its a "white" team. and it is that simple. like i said in an earlier post, you tell me that these ? couldnt rent a high school football field for sundays just to play? gtfohwtbs. they just dont want to take the pay cut because they could give a ? about the future they want their ? now
  • Rembrandt
    Rembrandt Members Posts: 198 ✭✭
    Options
    Comes from the top. Jerry Jones has built some deep roots in Texas, Not exactly a state known historically for its friendliness towards our kind.
  • D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2017
    Options
    D. Morgan wrote: »
    Lefty_ wrote: »
    Don't get mad, get real. And he could do more with an NFL salary, and the title of NFL quarterback playing into his late 30s then he can without the two. That interview tour ain't even going to amount to what he would get paid if he only played in division games.

Far from mad this the internet ? this ? ain't real.

What he could do with that nfl money ain't none of your concern. Why pocket watching that man?

It's saying alot about you that you keeping referencing another man's money to what that man is willing to forego over his own self-respect and the respect of his people.

Saying ? on the internet ain't real is how people ignored and let those white supremacists congregate online for years.

That changes nothing I said.

It ain't real until there is some action put behind it cause.....

Tough talk and mean looks ain't never did ? to anybody!
  • blackamerica
    blackamerica Members Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Basically he said " regular black ppl? I'm only worried about $$$". He feels like hes on a peddlestool. Cacs have a way of knockin yo black azz off that same peddlestool once you stop performing at a high level
  • 1CK1S
    1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    https://sports.yahoo.com/chris-long-anthem-protest-support-time-people-look-like-step-123338919.html

Defensive End Chris Long is supporting Malcolm Jenkins in the Anthem Protest

says its time for White Ppl to step up

Chris Long been a real one!

Only white dude that actually supported Kaep!
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    Ghostdenithegawd Members Posts: 16,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jermichael Finley talking about he thinks Kaep, Marshawn and Bennett are only protesting for marketing and attention. This ? need to sit his ass down somewhere

He's just repeating what his white friends said
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jermichael Finley talking about he thinks Kaep, Marshawn and Bennett are only protesting for marketing and attention. This ? need to sit his ass down somewhere

He's just repeating what his white friends said

nah he owns his comments
  • dnyce215
    dnyce215 Members Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Finley said he is getting educated on social issues
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    dnyce215 wrote: »

smdh
  • eastbay510
    eastbay510 Members Posts: 2,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Should've done that before he said that ? in the first place
  • stringer bell
    stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    https://sports.yahoo.com/chris-long-anthem-protest-support-time-people-look-like-step-123338919.html

Defensive End Chris Long is supporting Malcolm Jenkins in the Anthem Protest

says its time for White Ppl to step up

I respect what Long did.. And what Jenkins & Bennett are trying to do.. But I don't get why they're obsessing over getting white athletes to join/support the cause.. The majority white folks(not all) are never going to care about the plight of black folks.. During the civil rights era every black person who spoke the truth about what was going on in this racist ass country was hated.. Even the most peaceful black man ever MLK was deemed the "most hated black in AmerikkkaAmerica" by some white supremacist magazine.. Whitey didn't start liking MLK until a white terrorist assassinated him.. And then they used his memory and likeness as propaganda tool to keep ? subjected.. White folks aren't going to suddenly start caring about police brutality,racial profiling and those pigs across the country unjustly killing black folks.. Because white athletes start protesting.. IMO.. They should focus on speaking out against the serious injustices happening to black folks and trying to educate these young black kids about what's going on in this country.. Like Kap is doing w/ his "Know Your Rights" initiative...
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    eastbay510 wrote: »

True, but credit where it's due, a lot of people that say stupid ? just double down on the stupid ? (see Donald Trump), so the fact that he is at least willing to expand his view his good.
  • D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    eastbay510 wrote: »

True, but credit where it's due, a lot of people that say stupid ? just double down on the stupid ? (see Donald Trump), so the fact that he is at least willing to expand his view his good.

I don't know that ? but I just don't think that ? is sincere. Feel he only saying that ? because of the backlash he got. Now if he is sincere all credit to him for trying to correct his mistake and learn.

I could be wrong but I could be right!!
  • stringer bell
    stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

http://www.sacbee.com/sports/nfl/san-francisco-49ers/article167948327.html
    49ers John Lynch gets second chance to explain flag stance, regrets using ‘divisive’

John Lynch got a second chance to discuss his view of anthem protests on Friday morning.

His Wednesday comments on the subject drew criticism after he said the protests can be "divisive" and that he'd always seen the national anthem, and the game of football, as a way to bring disparate groups of people together.

Speaking on KNBR radio, Lynch said he regretted the word divisive.

"If I could take one thing back, I would have changed that word," he said. "Because of the negative connotation. But I was really trying to make the point that our game should be a beacon for what can be."

fd6.gif