Current king of the south:

Options

Comments

• blackgod813
    blackgod813 Members Posts: 9,577 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Future
    Kids run hip hop dope dealers run hip hop in the south point blank...
  • trendsetta1030
    trendsetta1030 Members Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Gucci
    All new rappers southern rappers are gucci kids ? sosa gucci son even they pay homage ti has influenced no popular rappers

https://youtube.com/watch?v=clCD_lCRNsc
  • trendsetta1030
    Options
    Gucci
    Kids run hip hop dope dealers run hip hop in the south point blank...

https://youtube.com/watch?v=fYkWAB68-oE
  • THE_R_
    THE_R_ Members Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    HMMM, I KNOW I WAS ON SOME CLOWN ? ON MY O.G. POSTS...
    BUT I GUESS YOU REALLY CAN'T DENY FUTURE & GUCCI'S INFLUENCE ON MODERN SOUTHERN RAP...
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
    Other
    THE_R_ wrote: »
    HMMM, I KNOW I WAS ON SOME CLOWN ? ON MY O.G. POSTS...
    BUT I GUESS YOU REALLY CAN'T DENY FUTURE & GUCCI'S INFLUENCE ON MODERN SOUTHERN RAP...

U can when u compare the quality of rap.
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Guccis impact cant be overlooked either. His lane in trap music is cemented and he all the new trap guys father... Add in how he supported all of them and help put them on/influence... TI and Jeezy kinda held guys back cuz of ego
  • Stew
    Options
    Other
    aneed123 wrote: »
    Guccis impact cant be overlooked either. His lane in trap music is cemented and he all the new trap guys father... Add in how he supported all of them and help put them on/influence... TI and Jeezy kinda held guys back cuz of ego

Who?
  • trendsetta1030
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Gucci
    @Stew
    Nobody frm p$c got on dro tha only 1 maitaining … nobody frm cte got on… t.i. Stole yung la style n then dropped em
  • bck145
    bck145 Members Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    All new rappers southern rappers are gucci kids ? sosa gucci son even they pay homage ti has influenced no popular rappers

Is that why the south is releasing so much trash? He influenced a bunch of retards
  • trendsetta1030
    Options
    Gucci
    bck145 wrote: »

Is that why the south is releasing so much trash? He influenced a bunch of retards

Got pick an choose… same can be said 4 ny ya been putting trash out tha last 10years…
  • bck145
    bck145 Members Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2017
    Options
    bck145 wrote: »

Got pick an choose… same can be said 4 ny ya been putting trash out tha last 10years…

Yeah but the worst ny rap aint as wack or corny as guccis whole career

French montana looks at gucci and feels like an elite mc
  • Stew
    Options
    Other
    @Stew
    Nobody frm p$c got on dro tha only 1 maitaining … nobody frm cte got on… t.i. Stole yung la style n then dropped em

That's his homeboys, Them ? ain't that good, ok? Where have we seen that before
  • bkkbully
    bkkbully Members Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Other
    TI is still the King of the South.

Off the rip TI was lyrical and had such an unorthodox flow, and every project/song he released only got better and better. Tip never backed down from a battle on the mic (and off the mic as we all know), had hit songs for the past decade, went to jail for gun charges and came back on the outside and got his rep and business back, producer of a few TV shows, clothing lines, and TIP is great with artist management.
  • bkkbully
    bkkbully Members Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Other

False. Y'all forgot that Travis Scott is signed to Grand Hustle? Travis is one of the leaders of the new school.
  • OGDirtyDee
    OGDirtyDee Members Posts: 1,699 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Chi Snow wrote: »
    TI dead?

Ti hasn't done wat Gucci has…
    Gwop originated tha mixtape game of treatin em like albums wit original productions …he's help a lot of artist gain quicker success wit his cosign which actually all run rap rn…young thug ,young scooter,,young Dolph ,nikky Minaj ,French Montana ,peewee,chief keef,future,rich homie ,migos,waka,…He gave all the hot trap beat producers ther 1st shot… metro booming,drumma boy,lex Luger ,zaytoven,mikewill…Only thing t.i has is platnuim an 2classics but as far as whose contribute influence the south more ?

You aint Heard In Da Streetz Pt 1,2, & 3.?

How about his Gangsta Grillz series.? Those were mostly original songs also and all his tapes had a mean Buzz in the streets...not gettin it brah.

100% agree with all this grew up off the In Da Streets series

But TIP don't hold any weight anymore musically
  • D.D.S.
    D.D.S. Members Posts: 7,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    KRIT best rapper alive. True King of the South
  • R2_163
    R2_163 Members Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Zaytoven and metroboomin

South is being carried by producers
  • Trillaaaaaa
    Trillaaaaaa Members Posts: 8,974 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Its still TIP...never changed

If you wanna go by todays standards tho then its Future
  • Matike85
    Matike85 Members Posts: 4,527 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Other
    TheGOAT wrote: »
    Matike85 wrote: »
    J.Cole is the King of The South

GTFOHWTBS

Cole king of Fayetteville
    AggieLean. wrote: »
    Matike85 wrote: »
    J.Cole is the King of The South

Nah pleighboy
    @TheGOAT & @AggieLean.
    North Carolina Raise Up ....J.Cole went 2x Platinum twice with no Features on two albums No other Rapper/MC can say that

2ql3stsmwkrh.gif
  • AggieLean.
    AggieLean. Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Other
    Petey got more of a shot(and there is no shot) being the kang then Jermaine. Can't be king of the south talmbout you the king of ny, copying ny ? , and not acknowledging any of the southern pioneers. He the king of Fayetteville
  • AggieLean.
    AggieLean. Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Other
    I like both ? and Futures music, but they don't have the crown. For me it's either Face, Bun, or Tip. Their discographies are certified, and the music is southern music. If the ? was alive he'd be in the running, too. One of the few who held they ground when ? elsewhere started talking reckless
  • trendsetta1030
    Options
    Gucci
    I like both ? and Futures music, but they don't have the crown. For me it's either Face, Bun, or Tip. Their discographies are certified, and the music is southern music. If the ? was alive he'd be in the running, too. One of the few who held they ground when ? elsewhere started talking reckless

Idk bout bun inat debate
  • Zirconium
    Zirconium Members Posts: 96 ✭✭
    Options
    Future
    Super Future.
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Future and Gucci is some of the worst
  • Matike85
    Matike85 Members Posts: 4,527 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Other
    Petey got more of a shot(and there is no shot) being the kang then Jermaine. Can't be king of the south talmbout you the king of ny, copying ny ? , and not acknowledging any of the southern pioneers. He the king of Fayetteville

@AggieLean.
    Rakim said it's best in the song "In the Ghetto" ..."It's not where you are from it's where you at!" -1990 Rakim "In the Ghetto" from the album Don't Sweat The Technique ... J.Cole is the current King of the South

https://youtu.be/JEgKRuA_eSw