Steve Harvey takes an L (along with most of you people)

Options

Comments

• ms.jones
    ms.jones Members Posts: 5,796 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    haute wrote: »
    What Ms. jones is trying to say is

Stop ackin up and crying like a ? (her words not mine) and ? over someone elses beliefs

I'm so done with you LOL!!!
  • Go figure...
    Go figure... Members Posts: 1,471 ✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    ms.jones wrote: »
    I believe in something greater than I, however, I can not call that thing, or being a "? ". I believe in the proof of science, not the fables of man.

interestingly enough, this puts u directly against atheists, who ridicule ppl for believing in any type of being higher than ours. not that it matters but, whatev
  • DarcSkies
    DarcSkies Members Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
  • ms.jones
    edited March 2011
    Options
    actually my rhetoric was simply that, if i die today i am not saved. if i dont change my ways, i will never be saved. i never said ? is working on me, i said i am struggling with it. so nothing of the sort u speak of. look at darxwell's posts, none of em ever seemed that he was so bitterly angry or offended by the thought of christians' mindsets? smh

So, by you saying that you are struggling with your beliefs, you aren't exactly where you want to be in the Love of the Lord? using your logic, that means the Lord is still "working" on you, correct? He hasn't quite reached you, all the way, just yet. I gotcha.

As far as Darx...well, that's Darx. Welcome to the IC. Stay awhile. You should read some of his other posts. This, right here, is tame.
  • DarcSkies
    edited March 2011
    Options
    ms.jones wrote: »
    I believe in something greater than I, however, I can not call that thing, or being a "? ". I believe in the proof of science, not the fables of man.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^

What Waka's #1 fan said. Although I believe in the unknown...dunno about "greater."
  • ms.jones
    edited March 2011
    Options
    interestingly enough, this puts u directly against atheists, who ridicule ppl for believing in any type of being higher than ours. not that it matters but, whatev

My dear, I never claimed to be anything or represent any on belief beside the belief in myself. So...all of this is rather entertaining to me, as I am completely indifferent.
  • KTULU IS BACK
    KTULU IS BACK Banned Users Posts: 6,617 ✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    The governor of Wisconsin (who has been causing a lot of trouble lately, if you watch the news) claims that ? gave him direct commands:
    He told the group that when he was thirteen, he committed himself to Jesus. “I said, ‘Lord, I’m ready . . . not just in front of my Church and the world but most importantly at the foot of your Throne, I’m ready to follow you each and every day. . . . I have just full out there said, ‘I’m going to trust in you Christ to tell me where to go. And to the best of my ability I’m going to obey where you lead me,’ and that has made all the difference in the world to me, for good times and bad.”

Walker said that ? has told him what to do every step of the way, including about what jobs to take, whom to marry, and when to run for governor.

When he had first met his wife, he said, “That night I heard Christ tell me, ‘This is the person you’re going to be with.’ ”

He said he was trusting and obeying ? when he took a job at IBM and then at the Red Cross. ““Lord, if this is what you want, I’ll try it,” he said. It was all about “trust and obey.”

http://www.progressive.org/node/157986/78192

So I guess if ? told this guy to suck a ? , he would do it. Just like Go Figure. No ? .

Damn.
  • DarcSkies
    edited March 2011
    Options
  • fiat_money
    fiat_money Members Posts: 16,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    fiat_money wrote: »
    I know this was a joke post, but if you think of how torture and public humiliation was carried out in the ancient world (and in many places today), sexual abuse was/is often a factor.
    According to the "Gospels" of the Christian bible, it's clear that the aim was to humiliate Jesus. It is also clear that his clothes were removed and he was beaten, however the accounts of any other pre-crucifixion torture/abuse are quite vague. Considering the social stigma attached to sexual abuse, it's plausible that any accounts of such would've been omitted from the "Gospels".
  • damobb2deep
    damobb2deep Members Posts: 19,972 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Is this ? gonna be FoF'd?
  • fiat_money
    edited March 2011
    Options
    According to the "Gospels" of the Christian bible, it's clear that the aim was to humiliate Jesus. It is also clear that his clothes were removed and he was beaten, however the accounts of any other pre-crucifixion torture/abuse are quite vague. Considering the social stigma attached to sexual abuse, it's plausible that any accounts of such would've been omitted from the "Gospels".
    Who gives a ? though?

LOL @ Jesus, none-the-less:
    UnHCp.jpg
  • Go figure...
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Darxwell wrote: »
    I have to correct myself. It was OSRIS and ISIS not Horus. Horus was the other Messiah LOL (Yes there have been plenty).

According to ancient Egyptians Book of the Deadhe was "the messiah"

"Osiris, I am your son, come to glorify your soul, and to give you even more power." - Horus, (Book of the Dead, Ch. 173)
    "Now is the Son of Man glorified and ? is glorified in him. If ? is glorified in him, ? will glorify the Son in himself, and will glorify him at once." - Jesus, (John 13:31-32)

Actually yes.

Horus was crucified and resurrected. Remind u of anyone?

We dont have to worry about if not. Because here are several other simularities between HOrus and Jesus. And Osiris and Jesus.

sources?.....................

edit: nm jus saw ur post
  • DarcSkies
    edited March 2011
    Options
    actually my rhetoric was simply that, if i die today i am not saved. if i dont change my ways, i will never be saved. i never said ? is working on me, i said i am struggling with it. so nothing of the sort u speak of. look at darxwell's posts, none of em ever seemed that he was so bitterly angry or offended by the thought of christians' mindsets? smh
    Dont confuse bitterly angry with arrogant. I simply look down on you Jesus freaks. Dont imagine me at the cpu slobbering at the mouth and wanting to ? you.

Think of it more like a person who knows he's smarter than you laughing in your face and calling you and your Mother all kinds of names cuz he's/I'm a ? ? (which is a compliment to me) and I call ? when I see/hear it.

I dont hate you Jesus Freaks. I simply dont respect you and mock you because you're anti-intellectual children who couldnt reason your way out of a paperbag.
  • DarcSkies
    edited March 2011
    Options
    sources?.....................

edit: nm jus saw ur post
    The Egyptian BOOK of the DEAD bro.

Basically where your masters....Im sorry. Your Bishops and Priests and Ministers STOLE the story of Jesus.

OH what? U thought crackers only stole black MUSIC, Land and Culture? NAH...they steal religious fables too.
  • KTULU IS BACK
    edited March 2011
    Options
    couldnt reason your way out of a paperbag.

You know what I've never seen?

A really big paper bag.

You see big plastic bags all the time.

But not paper.
  • Go figure...
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Dont confuse bitterly angry with arrogant. I simply look down on you Jesus freaks. Dont imagine me at the cpu slobbering at the mouth and wanting to ? you.

Think of it more like a person who knows he's smarter than you laughing in your face and calling you and your Mother all kinds of names cuz he's a ? ? .

I dont hate you Jesus Freaks. I simply dont respect you and mock you because you're anti-intellectual children who couldnt reason your way out of a paperbag.

guess u made my point for me to ms. jones, was gettin tired of respondin to her anyway
  • fiat_money
    edited March 2011
    Options
    You know what I've never seen?

A really big paper bag.

You see big plastic bags all the time.

But not paper.
    The bigger it gets, the easier it tears I assume. A torn paper bag sucks, but a torn massive paper bag is even worse.

Plus they're not waterproof and they don't tie well (if they even have the handles).
  • ms.jones
    edited March 2011
    Options
    guess u made my point for me to ms. jones, was gettin tired of respondin to her anyway

Am I to be hurt by this comment? Jesus would never approve of your nasty, unneighborly like behavior. Tsk Tsk. What happen to be kind to all man, no matter what the condition?

Keep being the google scholar you are. Anything can make sense if you just keep repeating it.
  • KTULU IS BACK
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I just want to see a tiger in a zoo with a big giant paper bag.
  • fiat_money
    edited March 2011
    Options
    The bigger it gets, the easier it tears...
    That's what she said!
    Michael-Scott-Christian-Slater.jpg
  • DarcSkies
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Actually I didnt make your point. You said I hated people with your point of view. I dont HATE you. I just dont respect your intellect because you are clearly anti-intellectual and unable to think past your own emotions and superstitions. That's very childish.

Dont you Christians always make fun of Scientology? Yet your religious beliefs are just as wacky and laughable as theirs. Yet when people make fun of you you drop a gallon of tears and cry "persecution persecution! People like..soooooo hate us."

CHRISTIAN:
    "Yeah...so Jesus was born to a ? (who was married), died, came back to life, was a spirit, a man, and a ? all at once, and one day he's going to come back on a magic cloud and take all the dead people back to a magic circus in the sky...but we have to believe it or it wont work..........WAIT A MINUTE...IS THAT TOM CRUISE? DOESNT HE BELIEVE IN AN INVISIBLE ALIEN IN THE SKY? WHAT A ? THAT GUY IS EH?!"
  • KTULU IS BACK
    edited March 2011
    Options
    i guess maybe a refrigerator box would be like a paper bag for a tiger
  • Go figure...
    edited March 2011
    Options
    so darx, u said u believe in the unknown. care to elaborate as to what exactly that means?
  • Go figure...
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Darx is there a reason why u edited 2 of ur posts, deleting every word and replacing it with "........................." after i asked u to elaborate on ur belief of the unknown?? and now the post where u stated u believe in the unknown is now missing?

i believe u were responding to ms jones in sayin that u believe in the unknown, but not that there is a higher power. please be so kind as to carry on from that deleted statement
  • ms.jones
    edited March 2011
    Options
    ^^^^^^^^^^^

What Waka's #1 fan said. Although I believe in the unknown...dunno about "greater."
    Darx is there a reason why u edited 2 of ur posts, deleting every word and replacing it with "........................." after i asked u to elaborate on ur belief of the unknown?? and now the post where u stated u believe in the unknown is now missing?

i believe u were responding to ms jones in sayin that u believe in the unknown, but not that there is a higher power. please be so kind as to carry on from that deleted statement

ummm..he deleted his posts that were pertaining to Horus, one of which you quoted...the other was the similarities between that stry, and the story of Jesus rising.
This discussion has been closed.