Steve Harvey takes an L (along with most of you people)

Options

Comments

• Pura~Diabla
    Pura~Diabla Members Posts: 1,157
    edited March 2011
    Options
    That premise is faulty thou, because hell wasn't created for human beings. The lake of fire was created for the devil and his angels. "Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels." (Matthew 25:41) So your statement of "serve me or burn forever" is erroneous. Also, the fear of ? is the beginning of wisdom. If you don't fear ? , then you will never experience the love of ? .

How was that erroneous? Will human souls not burn forever if they choose to remain noncompliant?

Also, the usage of "fear of ? " in the Bible means that of reverence and respect, love. I wasn't using it in that context. I meant fear as in distressed, scared, anxious.

Anyway, I gotta go class. I'll be back to see your answer.
  • Stack Money
    Stack Money Members Posts: 994 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    glowy wrote: »
    Believers talk about how they are tolerant, and understand other peoples opinions, but they throw a hissy fit, and start yelling "This is a -you know what- country," over simple things like removing "Under ? ," from U.S. money even though it wasn't originally there in the first place.
    a5c94d80bc8990bfc077b03499654a85.gif

That describes you atheists
    fiat_money wrote: »
    LOL @ You still thinking up ? ? in this thread.

I thought you were done thinking up this ? days ago.

ilVQ1k.png

This must be the "indulgence" part of Lent.
    You clearly been fatasizin bout me ? , get off my ? the ? disgustin. I ain't thinkin bout you like that but you obviously wish I was, this shoulda been concluded when I said I ain't into that ? ? like you ? .

think wrote: »
    Atheists lost in this thread. Feelings caught everywhere.
    Atheists lost at life. And it's no ones fault but their own.

D-Jack wrote: »
    Stacks, get your own late-night, ? . You'll get mad ratings.
    2w4ffwh.png
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    DoUwant2go2Heaven Members Posts: 10,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    How was that erroneous? Will human souls not burn forever if they choose to remain noncompliant?

Also, the usage of "fear of ? " in the Bible means that of reverence and respect, love. I wasn't using it in that context. I meant fear as in distressed, scared, anxious.

Anyway, I gotta go class. I'll be back to see your answer.

Forgive me for misunderstanding you. But a better way to put your statement is that ? will and must punish sin. If ? is holy, just, and righteous, which He is, than sin must be dealt with. You see ? dealt with sin at the cross on Calvary. He poured His wrath out on His Son for the penalty of sin, which is death. He did this because He loved us. He gave mankind a way to be redeemed, which is through the shed blood of Jesus Christ our Lord. Now mankind can have their sin debt ERASED FOREVER through faith in Jesus Christ. But if you refuse the payment on your behalf for the penalty of sin, which is death, than how can ? accept you into His kingdom on the last day? Remember sin must be dealt with. "For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of ? is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord." (Romans 6:23) So all those who refused the free gift of salvation and eternal life through Jesus Christ, now must pay for their sin debt on their own. This sin debt will be paid in full on the last day because ? always gets the last word. ? must punish sin in order to be vindicated and uphold His holy nature. If a sinner refuses the payment already made on their behalf in this life, the payment MUST AND WILL be made in the life to come. That's the bottom line. You either clear you sin debt in this life, through faith in Jesus Christ alone or pay for it in the life to come.

Also, I never experienced the fear of going to hell like you meant it. Even when I was lost I never feared hell because I didn't fear ? . Going to hell was the least of my concerns when I was the servant of sin, the flesh, and the devil. I had the same attitude that all lost people have. "Let us eat and drink, for tomorrow we die." (1 Corinthians 15:32) Like I said, fearing ? is the beginning of wisdom. Now that I am a sinner saved by the grace of ? , I have a fear of ? because I know that He is real. And because I know the truth my mission and purpose in life is to spread the gospel message of salvation. There is no greater calling than spreading the news of Jesus Christ. There is nothing more important in life. NOTHING. Jesus Christ is all that matters. That's it! Because when all is said and done, the only question that ? will ask every soul is "what did you do with my Son, Jesus Christ?" And whatever your answer is will determine your eternal destiny. Thats about it, thats about all. ? bless.
  • KTULU IS BACK
    KTULU IS BACK Banned Users Posts: 6,617 ✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Reminder that DoUwant2GotoHeaven has a child out of wedlock and uses steroids.
  • haute
    haute Members Posts: 11,581 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    No lie. This is the first pic that came up when I googled Steve Harvey.

t0s03t.jpg

Ewwwwwwwww

?
  • Nut Did N' Cider
    Nut Did N' Cider Members Posts: 1,210 ✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    LMFAO everytime THE FEUD come on I'm reminded how this ? look jus like Mr. Potato Head

steve-harvey1.jpg

mr-potato-head.jpg
  • fiat_money
    fiat_money Members Posts: 16,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    LMFAO everytime THE FEUD come on I'm reminded how this ? look jus like Mr. Potato Head

steve-harvey1.jpg

mr-potato-head.jpg
    LOL @ The uncanny resemblance:
    ijRF1Q.jpg
  • Pura~Diabla
    edited March 2011
    Options
    ? will and must punish sin.

He's an abuser with a "do as I say, not as I do" mentality. If creating a torture chamber of brimstone and fire isn't sadistic, I don't know what is.
    If ? is holy, just, and righteous, which He is, than sin must be dealt with.

Scorching someone for all eternity because they used the freewill that was given to them is not "just and righteous". I guess freewill means "do this or else". That's the only way it would make sense.
    You see ? dealt with sin at the cross on Calvary. He poured His wrath out on His Son for the penalty of sin, which is death. He did this because He loved us. He gave mankind a way to be redeemed, which is through the shed blood of Jesus Christ our Lord. Now mankind can have their sin debt ERASED FOREVER through faith in Jesus Christ.

All of this could have been avoided if he used his omniscient powers. Which makes me think he simply gets a kick out of this type of thing.
    But if you refuse the payment on your behalf for the penalty of sin, which is death, than how can ? accept you into His kingdom on the last day? Remember sin must be dealt with. So all those who refused the free gift of salvation and eternal life through Jesus Christ, now must pay for their sin debt on their own. This sin debt will be paid in full on the last day because ? always gets the last word. ? must punish sin in order to be vindicated and uphold His holy nature. If a sinner refuses the payment already made on their behalf in this life, the payment MUST AND WILL be made in the life to come. That's the bottom line. You either clear you sin debt in this life, through faith in Jesus Christ alone or pay for it in the life to come.

So living an otherwise good life isn't enough for this deity?

? on judgement day: "I know you spent your days feeding the poor and providing safe shelter to abused women and children. But since you didn't believe in me, to the inferno you shall go"
    Also, I never experienced the fear of going to hell like you meant it. Even when I was lost I never feared hell because I didn't fear ? . Going to hell was the least of my concerns when I was the servant of sin, the flesh, and the devil. I had the same attitude that all lost people have. "Let us eat and drink, for tomorrow we die."(1 Corinthians 15:32) Like I said, fearing ? is the beginning of wisdom. Now that I am a sinner saved by the grace of ? , I have a fear of ? because I know that He is real. And because I know the truth my mission and purpose in life is to spread the gospel message of salvation. There is no greater calling than spreading the news of Jesus Christ. There is nothing more important in life. NOTHING. Jesus Christ is all that matters. That's it! Because when all is said and done, the only question that ? will ask every soul is "what did you do with my Son, Jesus Christ?" And whatever your answer is will determine your eternal destiny. Thats about it, thats about all. ? bless.

I won't knock that. Keep believing what you believe. More power to you.
  • Pura~Diabla
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I can't wrap my head around why he expects us to accept his existence based soley on faith. I mean really, what's the point? Why the need for games? And then to add insult to injury he leaves us with a ? book I'm convinced he didn't proofread. Lol.
    ? , if we're all sinners, then why did he created us in the first place? If we can't remove that status from us from the day that we're born to the day we die? MAKES NO SENSE.

Atheist: 1,000,000
    Believers: -1
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    edited March 2011
    Options
    1.He's an abuser with a "do as I say, not as I do" mentality. If creating a torture chamber of brimstone and fire isn't sadistic, I don't know what is.

2.Scorching someone for all eternity because they used the freewill that was given to them is not "just and righteous". I guess freewill means "do this or else". That's the only way it would make sense.

3.All of this could have been avoided if he used his omniscient powers. Which makes me think he simply gets a kick out of this type of thing.

4.So living an otherwise good life isn't enough for this deity?

5. ? on judgement day: "I know you spent your days feeding the poor and providing safe shelter to abused women and children. But since you didn't believe in me, to the inferno you shall go"

6. I won't knock that. Keep believing what you believe. More power to you.

1. ? isn't sadistic. "Say to them, 'As surely as I live, declares the Sovereign LORD, I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn from their ways and live. Turn! Turn from your evil ways! Why will you die, O house of Israel?'" (Ezekiel 33:11)

? has given you the choice to follow and obey Him. So now I ask you why will you not FREELY choose to do so this very instant? You have heard the gospel message so if ? were to require your soul tonight, what excuse can you give Him for WILLFULLY rejecting the blood of Jesus Christ?

2. ? is just and righteous by punishing sin. If ? didn't punish sin He would be a liar. And that is impossible. You see ? gave man an eternal soul when He breathed the breath of life into us. That eternal soul can't die. So those who WILLFULLY rejected ? for their entire life must spend eternity somewhere. And since none of them wanted to serve ? in the first place, they will spend a lost eternity seperated from ? in the lake of fire. You reap what you sow my friend.

3. All of what could have been avoided? ? knew the end from the beginning my friend, so how can anything be avoided? Before there was anything, there was always ? . And ? always had a plan for humanity. This plan is being carried out right now, which will ultimately culminate with ? ushering in His everlasting Kingdom in the very near future. You see Gods train is coming, and You can't stop it my friend. You either get on board or get ran over. It's as simple as that. You can either get with this (Jesus Christ) or get with that (the world, the flesh, and the devil). The choice is yours. What will it be?

4. A good life according to who? Mans standard of good is imperfect and flawed. Man has hidden motives, agendas, and purposes when we do things. So how can man decide what is good and what is not, when we can't see into the heart of the individual carrying out the act? And also how does a couple good deeds compare to a life full of sin? Telling 1 lie is worthy of the lake of fire. Having 1 thought contrary to the will of ? is worthy of hell fire. So how can our "righteous acts" compare to a all the sin that we have committed? "But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags; and we all do fade as a leaf; and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away." Isaiah 64:6

You see you have to understand the standard that has been set in place by ? . That standard is perfection. That's why ? declares in Romans 3:10-12, "As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one: There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after ? . They are all gone out of the way, they are together become unprofitable; there is none that doeth good, no, not one." So until you come to realize this truth, you will continue to be blind to the ESSENTIAL truth of one's need for a Savior. You can't live up to Gods holy standard apart from Jesus Christ. It is IMPOSSIBLE. But thank ? for the Lord Jesus Christ. "And Jesus looking upon them saith, With men it is impossible, but not with ? : for with ? all things are possible." Mark 10:27

5. Feeding the poor, providing safe shelter, etc. are noble deeds. But works will not save you. Only faith in Jesus Christ will save you. Thats it, thats all! "Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved." Acts 4:12

6. Will you give your heart and life to Jesus Christ tonight?
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    edited March 2011
    Options
    ? , if we're all sinners, then why did he created us in the first place? If we can't remove that status from us from the day that we're born to the day we die? MAKES NO SENSE.

Atheist: 1,000,000
    Believers: -1

? created man perfect. Read Genesis chapters 1 and 2 for the creation of man in his perfect state. Then read Genesis chapter 3 for the fall of man into the condition that we are currently in. If you want answers you must go to the source of all truth, the Word of Al-Mighty ? !
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I can't wrap my head around why he expects us to accept his existence based soley on faith. I mean really, what's the point? Why the need for games? And then to add insult to injury he leaves us with a ? book I'm convinced he didn't proofread. Lol.

Tell me what your definition of faith is please.
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    edited March 2011
    Options
    GET THE ? OUT OF HERE. If you believe this intelligent design or higher authority created Humans in less than a week.

"Behold, I am the LORD, the ? of all flesh: is there any thing too hard for me?"
    Jeremiah 32:27
  • DarcSkies
    DarcSkies Members Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Reminder that DoUwant2GotoHeaven has a child out of wedlock and uses steroids.
    AND...He has nightmares about video games and stops playing them because hes too scared :(

ANYWAY....

I THINK WE NEED A PRAISE BREAK!

http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/videos/video.php?v=wshhxCjby617zLDm18WO
  • cellect
    cellect Members Posts: 3
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I dont like the fact that little boys get molested in the house of ? by men of ? . ? aint cool mayne. One of the kids I was counselling killed himself over that ? . no amount of meds could fix what those years of abuse did to him.

I can overlook everything else and just be like ok there might be a ? , we dont know for sure......etc....... I mean even if ? is mad busy, he will at least make sure little boys who have pledged their lives to serve him, are not getting ? in his temple by his priests.Right?

what part of the ? plan is that? Innocent kids getting sodomized in church = ? you and ? your ? . If your ? is cool with that, I sure as hell dont want him close to me or anyone I care about.................and if he cant even prevent that ? from happening if he's not cool with it, then what the ? is he doing? he can create the universe in seven days but cant prevent ? in the one place .................ah ? it.
  • Go figure...
    Go figure... Members Posts: 1,471 ✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    shootemwon wrote: »
    So you would ? a woman who you are not married to, and who, furthermore, is married to someone else? It's no wonder you'd get down with some ? sex since you clearly don't value the sanctity of marriage.

no, no, no, scratch everything. what i said is i would ? YOUR mother. i'd do a better job than pops ever did bruh
  • Go figure...
    edited March 2011
    Options
    cellect wrote: »
    I dont like the fact that little boys get molested in the house of ? by men of ? . ? aint cool mayne. One of the kids I was counselling killed himself over that ? . no amount of meds could fix what those years of abuse did to him.

I can overlook everything else and just be like ok there might be a ? , we dont know for sure......etc....... I mean even if ? is mad busy, he will at least make sure little boys who have pledged their lives to serve him, are not getting ? in his temple by his priests.Right?

what part of the ? plan is that? Innocent kids getting sodomized in church = ? you and ? your ? . If your ? is cool with that, I sure as hell dont want him close to me or anyone I care about.................and if he cant even prevent that ? from happening if he's not cool with it, then what the ? is he doing? he can create the universe in seven days but cant prevent ? in the one place .................ah ? it.

and again, ? gets the blame for the sin man commits, when CLEARLY, ? is against this. u think just cuz theyre priests theyll get away with it or somethin?? circular arguments continue............
  • Tha-Realist
    Tha-Realist Members Posts: 491
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Damn.... This is still goin strong? And DoUWant2Go2Heaven joined in too? Go Figure has backup. Blind followers unite..... It's a wrap. Atheists win, but there's no way to get thru to these 2 dudes.. Their blind Faith is unbreakable no matter how much Fact you throw at them.
  • Go figure...
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Damn.... This is still goin strong? And DoUWant2Go2Heaven joined in too? Go Figure has backup. Blind followers unite..... It's a wrap. Atheists win, but there's no way to get thru to these 2 dudes.. Their blind Faith is unbreakable no matter how much Fact you throw at them.

hey for all u know, what u know as a fact today may change at the discovery of somethin new tomorrow so........keep keepin it real!
  • nex gin
    nex gin Members Posts: 10,698 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    This thread has been an amusing read.

Anyway, ? knowing ahead of time that a specific person is going to hell and creating them anyway so that they can burn forever and ever doesn't make sense to me and I still have trouble reconciling that with a ? who supposedly loves the hell-bound person.

Also, I don't see how anyone can blame bad things on the devil when ? created Satan and knew what his actions would be be. This seems to be a contradiction.

Just my 2 cents.

^^^^^ Yeah, that & everything else from an "All Knowing, All Seeing ? ". If that isn't cruel and sadistic, I don't know what is. Their argument is that ? isn't responsible for the actions of man, but if he created man and he knows what man is going to do before he does it ( no free will in that...pre-determined destiny ftl ) then yes he is responsible for an action occurring that he knew before-hand would occur if he created that person. I mean...I'm just trying to use basic logic here. So if ? created ? and those 6 million Jews knowing damn well what ? was gonna do.......I mean he does know everything right?......am I misunderstanding something. Is this the same ? who said thou shalt not ? but then commands Abraham to ? his son....then turns around and says.."April Fools....ha ha I was just joking about that whole ? your son thing. Just testing your loyalty."? And let's not forget all of those innocent animal sacrifices/cruelty he always had somebody doing for him. Wonder if PETA supports his actions? j/k
  • jek
    jek Members Posts: 1,786 ✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    nex gin wrote: »
    ^^^^^ Yeah, that & everything else from an "All Knowing, All Seeing ? ". If that isn't cruel and sadistic, I don't know what is. Their argument is that ? isn't responsible for the actions of man, but if he created man and he knows what man is going to do before he does it ( no free will in that...pre-determined destiny ftl ) then yes he is responsible for an action occurring that he knew before-hand would occur if he created that person. I mean...I'm just trying to use basic logic here. So if ? created ? and those 6 million Jews knowing damn well what ? was gonna do.......I mean he does know everything right?......am I misunderstanding something. Is this the same ? who said thou shalt not ? but then commands Abraham to ? his son....then turns around and says.."April Fools....ha ha I was just joking about that whole ? your son thing. Just testing your loyalty."? And let's not forget all of those innocent animal sacrifices/cruelty he always had somebody doing for him. Wonder if PETA supports his actions? j/k

free will means just that. You can choose to believe in him or not. he coulda made us all believe in him automatically if he wanted to on some robot ? but since he choose to make us with freewill wyeah he love us all but if you choose to not believe in him then yeah it's outta his hands. the people did that NOT ? ! as for you example im sure he does it so everybody has 2 destinys and he knows want happens with each one but he hopes you choose the one that lead you to him and not the one that lead you to go the ? rout. cleary ? choose the other rout.
  • nex gin
    nex gin Members Posts: 10,698 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    jek wrote: »
    free will means just that. You can choose to believe in him or not. he coulda made us all believe in him automatically if he wanted to on some robot ? but since he choose to make us with freewill wyeah he love us all but if you choose to not believe in him then yeah it's outta his hands. the people did that NOT ? ! as for you example im sure he does it so everybody has 2 destinys and he knows want happens with each one but he hopes you choose the one that lead you to him and not the one that lead you to go the ? rout. cleary ? choose the other rout.

W/ what I am saying it doesn't matter how many destinies a man has. He could have 500 destinies, but at the end of the day wouldn't an All Knowing..All Seeing ? still know exactly which destiny that man is going to pick? I mean....he's either All Seeing/All Knowing or not right? The hell bound are essentially damned from birth then right or are we keeping this all knowing being guessing right up to the point of our earthly departure? People assume that just because you don't believe in "their" ? that you don't believe in the possibility of a higher being. As I said previously...there are a lot of theories but only 1 truth. Personally, I'm content admitting that I don't have an answer rather than making up stories to fill in gaps. If me not believing in the words of a ultra violent, masochistic, hole riddled, hypocritical, archaic text makes me a bad person......guess I'm ? . But, I'll be damned if I turn a blind eye to the obvious.
  • KTULU IS BACK
    KTULU IS BACK Banned Users Posts: 6,617 ✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
  • thedesolateone
    thedesolateone Members Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    good looking out on the christopher hitchens video
  • jek
    jek Members Posts: 1,786 ✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    nex gin wrote: »
    W/ what I am saying it doesn't matter how many destinies a man has. He could have 500 destinies, but at the end of the day wouldn't an All Knowing..All Seeing ? still know exactly which destiny that man is going to pick? I mean....he's either All Seeing/All Knowing or not right? The hell bound are essentially damned from birth then right or are we keeping this all knowing being guessing right up to the point of our earthly departure? People assume that just because you don't believe in "their" ? that you don't believe in the possibility of a higher being. As I said previously...there are a lot of theories but only 1 truth. Personally, I'm content admitting that I don't have an answer rather than making up stories to fill in gaps. If me not believing in the words of a ultra violent, masochistic, hole riddled, hypocritical, archaic text makes me a bad person......guess I'm ? . But, I'll be damned if I turn a blind eye to the obvious.

it's not about turning a blind eye to nothing. it does matter what you do with your destiny because that's the free will he is giving us. Hell was not made for man to go to it was only for Satan and his Angels. We put our own self into heaven or hell by choosing to not learn from the mistakes we make and choosing to turn a blind eye to ? . He might know what we gonna choose based on the choices we make because thats the cause and effect but he's still gonna want us to choose the path for us that leads to him. Nobody is born to go to hell, that's on us. small scale example (and im not sayin im ? so dont take it that way) but It's like me and my son. I love him even tho he dont listen sometimes and I love him while im punishing him but he has to get punished. And he's gonna continue to not listen once in awhile in the future AND I KNOW THAT...but im still gonna tell him whats right and reluctantly punish him every time hes outta line even tho i know hes hard headed but he's gonna have to be accountable to the choices he makes and thats part of becoming a man. I can guide him but I cant do it for him. dont mean I dont want him to do right. ? could get us to heaven for us but he wont do that cuz that would contradict us having free will in the first place and we gotta be accountable for our choices just like my own kid does. Why would he put people in heaven that dont wanna be there on their own anyway?
This discussion has been closed.