Steve Harvey takes an L (along with most of you people)

Options

Comments

• Go figure...
    Go figure... Members Posts: 1,471 ✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    ms.jones wrote: »
    ummm..he deleted his posts that were pertaining to Horus, one of which you quoted...the other was the similarities between that stry, and the story of Jesus rising.

ahhh well in any case, i would like to hear about his beliefs of the unknown, thanks for the clarification btw
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Darxwell wrote: »
    Steve Harvey has been a clown.

He's one of those old blacks that excuse their ignorance by proclaiming, "HEY IM OLD SCHOOL! THATS JUST HOW I WAS RAISED!"

Cuz we all know its OK to be ignorant so long as you were born before 1975.
    Race is being discussed :shrug:

LMAO, so true!!!! I hate when old Negroes say this ? ......evolution is a real thing, I don't know why some people still delude themselves into thinking it's not.
  • nex gin
    nex gin Members Posts: 10,698 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Let's get real for a second my friend. The same Bible that you just criticized is the same Bible that told mankind that the earth was round and not flat. Man said the world was flat, but ? the creator told His creation that the world was round.QUOTE]

Bruh....I don't mean any harm...but u my good sir are a f*****g ? . The fact that you even believe that is beyond comprehension. So there is absolutely, 100% no other possible ways to explain this discovery? You probably believe Columbus discovered America too right? Heaven help those heathens on the other side of the earth who had no knowledge of the Bible, it's authors, lands or stories prior to being conquered, killed, ? , pillaged & brainwashed in his name...amen.
  • nex gin
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Well, it's not honest for rational people to say "Even though I've presented loads of evidence and logic, what I'm saying is only as good as superstition and faith in fairy tales."

And for religious people, they're trained since childhood to refuse to even consider admitting that they could be wrong about myths.

Back in the day, people thought the world was flat. This was proven wrong.

Then they thought the sun revolved around the Earth. This was proven wrong.

Then they thought the stars were fixed points in the sky. This was proven wrong.

You see, the longer science works at studying the world, the more we learn and the more accurate our picture of the world becomes. This is a good process and you're trying to degrade it simply so you don't hurt some religious peoples' feelings.
    I agree. That's why we're having this debate. We cannot both be right. One side is wrong.

I don't see anywhere in my post where I was trying to avoid hurting any feelings. You basically agreed w/ what I said, then turned around and said I was degrading the process? U know like I know that science is only as accurate as what is currently known and understood. We definitely agree on that. IMO I think both sides are wrong, but w/ science at least they understand and take into account theoretical flaws, margins for error and understanding based on mental/technologica/scientificl limitations. Religion, on the other hand, disregards anything contrary to its belief even in the face of irrefutable evidence. Any institution that promotes blind faith and has followers that are brainwashed to the point of not even acknowledging glaring discrepencies in their own beliefs is beyond my comprehension.

It is just mind boggling to me how man can even fathom that they have enough knowledge and understanding to unequivocally answer "The Ultimate Question"...whether it be a religious or a scientfic explaination. Science can't even cure the common cold, and religion thinks million year old dinosaur bones are a scientific conspiracy to discredit the biblical timeline. Although science has made leaps and bounds in the study of space and the origins of the universe, the overall magnitude of what we are studying far exceeds our existing research capabilities. There are too many unknowns plain and simple. My problem w/ religion though is that it kind of takes the lazy/passive approach to understanding life and the universe. Instead of truly trying to understand what is not known, they say "Hey I don't know ? so let's attribute all I don't understand to this mystic being". Then when faced w/ conflicting facts...all they can do is quote scriptures and condemn and/or ? anyone who disagrees w/ their belief. Nowhere in their minds do they even consider that the text could be biased, self serving, misinterpreted, mis-translated, made up or the words of an archaic people w/ primitive understandings of the lands around them and the universe as a whole. Sometimes I think the earth would be overrun w/ anarchy if the bible didn't exist. Fear of post death punishment appears to be the only thing that has some of these people living right.
  • shootemwon
    shootemwon Members Posts: 4,635 ✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    So in the most basic, no frills manner, to sum up this thread....

1. In the beginning there was steve harvey's ignorance
    2. and ktulu said, "let us son him"
    3. and we sonned him, and it was good.
    4. And many feelings were caught by religious folks, and many images were posted by fiat money
    5. Go Figure said he would have ? sex to prove his love for ?
  • Go figure...
    Go figure... Members Posts: 1,471 ✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    ^^^^^

Naw but I wud ? ur mother even if ? commanded me not to. Who can resist the old soft jell-o'ish cottage cheese textured, pancake butt ? such as that of ur mother's? I sure can not.
  • KTULU IS BACK
    KTULU IS BACK Banned Users Posts: 6,617 ✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    nex gin wrote: »
    IMO I think both sides are wrong, but w/ science at least they understand and take into account theoretical flaws, margins for error and understanding based on mental/technologica/scientificl limitations.
    So in other words, since science doesn't make definitive claims of absolute knowledge, you actually don't think science is wrong.
    It is just mind boggling to me how man can even fathom that they have enough knowledge and understanding to unequivocally answer "The Ultimate Question"...
    What ultimate question? Why humanity is here? Because biology answered that.

Why the planet is here? Astrophysics answered that.

Why the universe is here? Quantum physics answered that.

Why existence is instead of isn't? Common sense answered that.
    Science can't even cure the common cold
    Science cured polio. Polio, son. Polio.
    the overall magnitude of what we are studying far exceeds our existing research capabilities.
    And since science is constantly enhancing our research capabilities, our picture of the universe becomes clearer and clearer.

What do you want science to do, exactly? Be even more humble? It's a struggle just to get Americans to understand the elementary basics, at this point.
  • glowy
    glowy Members Posts: 3,995 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Off-Topic ramble.

Believers talk about how they are tolerant, and understand other peoples opinions, but they throw a hissy fit, and start yelling "This is a -you know what- country," over simple things like removing "Under ? ," from U.S. money even though it wasn't originally there in the first place.

Also, to defend it they go as far as saying it's not actually talking about ? , but something else, which is hilarious because they only resorted to that after they realized the thing in the idea of separation of church and state might actually threaten them.
  • DarcSkies
    DarcSkies Members Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    If this thread goes any longer we may be able to just wait for Jesus to return anyway LOL
  • Stack Money
    Stack Money Members Posts: 994 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    fiat_money wrote: »
    LOL @ You not saying you "spoke the truth" with ↓this statement↓:

I guess you know that imagining a ? in an imaginary location doing some imaginary ? counts as fantasizing about that ? 's life.

SMH @ You daydreaming about other ? and ? :
    LOL @ you still bein butthurt by what I said about you, for someone who ain't a ? you sure do care way too much what another ? thinks bout yo sorry ass life. I said I spoke the truth bout you not havin a life, sayin I also spoke the truth bout you bein a basement dweller woulda been redundant since that falls under not havin a life.

u_still_mad.jpg
    deadeye wrote: »
    rofl.gif
    mryounggun wrote: »
    This has become an utterly pointless thread. Y'all ? are arguing in circles because ? disagree on one fundamental question:

Do you believe everything that the Bible says?
    Go figure is a champion for Christ. He over here slaying the unbelievers with the word of ? . May ? continue to use you mightily my brother! Praise ? for you and your steadfastness!
    nex gin wrote: »
    /thread
    What is so difficult about people on either side of the argument admitting that neither has the answer. Religious people have faith and belief which is not fact and scientists have theories and conclusions based on current knowledge and understanding...which is only "factual" until something new is learned that disproves the currently accepted way of thinking. There are limitless possibilities but only 1 truth.
    ms.jones wrote: »
    Folks broke out their dancing shoes in this thread LOL! So much two steppin' and hip swingin'....
    krs.gif c/s but it ain't the people you thinkin of
    Darxwell wrote: »
    Dont confuse bitterly angry with arrogant. I simply look down on you Jesus freaks. Dont imagine me at the cpu slobbering at the mouth and wanting to ? you.

Think of it more like a person who knows he's smarter than you laughing in your face and calling you and your Mother all kinds of names cuz he's/I'm a ? ? (which is a compliment to me) and I call ? when I see/hear it.

I dont hate you Jesus Freaks. I simply dont respect you and mock you because you're anti-intellectual children who couldnt reason your way out of a paperbag.
    bullshit3.jpg @ this post

@ bolded you were tho, don't lie ? you know you caught hella feelins in this thread. ? you caught feelins in this post, and errythang you just said is the definition of irony. But thanks for admittin you a arrogant ? ? like I been sayin all along bout you atheists. One yourself ? ? ...
  • fiat_money
    fiat_money Members Posts: 16,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    LOL @ you still bein butthurt by what I said about you...
    LOL @ You still trying to say you haven't fantasized about another ? in this thread.

I thought this ? was concluded days ago.

jjJ2ha.png

This must be the "self-denial" part of Lent.
  • Stack Money
    Stack Money Members Posts: 994 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    fiat_money wrote: »
    LOL @ You still trying to say you haven't fantasized about another ? in this thread.

I thought this ? was concluded days ago.

jjJ2ha.png

This must be the "self-denial" part of Lent.
    You clearly been fatasizin bout me ? , get off my ? the ? disgustin. I ain't thinkin bout you like that but you obviously wish I was, this shoulda been concluded when I said I ain't into that ? ? like you ? .
  • fiat_money
    fiat_money Members Posts: 16,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    You clearly been fatasizin bout me ? , get off my ? the ? disgustin. I ain't thinkin bout you like that but you obviously wish I was, this shoulda been concluded when I said I ain't into that ? ? like you ? .
    LOL @ You still thinking up ? ? in this thread.

I thought you were done thinking up this ? days ago.

ilVQ1k.png

This must be the "indulgence" part of Lent.
  • shootemwon
    shootemwon Members Posts: 4,635 ✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    ^^^^^

Naw but I wud ? ur mother even if ? commanded me not to. Who can resist the old soft jell-o'ish cottage cheese textured, pancake butt ? such as that of ur mother's? I sure can not.

So you would ? a woman who you are not married to, and who, furthermore, is married to someone else? It's no wonder you'd get down with some ? sex since you clearly don't value the sanctity of marriage.
  • nex gin
    edited March 2011
    Options
    So in other words, since science doesn't make definitive claims of absolute knowledge, you actually don't think science is wrong.

What ultimate question? Why humanity is here? Because biology answered that.

Why the planet is here? Astrophysics answered that.

Why the universe is here? Quantum physics answered that.

Why existence is instead of isn't? Common sense answered that.

Science cured polio. Polio, son. Polio.

And since science is constantly enhancing our research capabilities, our picture of the universe becomes clearer and clearer.

What do you want science to do, exactly? Be even more humble? It's a struggle just to get Americans to understand the elementary basics, at this point.

My point in saying all that was that at the end of the day nobody has a definitive 100% answer to our origins or the existence of an ultimate creator, but we can all probably agree that everything had to originate somewhere. Science seeks the answers and changes w/ the discovery of new information. Religion claims to already know the answers and does not accept or reevaluate itself in the presence of conflicting information. My problem w/ the whole argument is that it has been so divisive and violent throughout the history of man and there is no immediate answer or way of determining an answer in sight. If this planet survives another 2000 years we still probably wouldn't know. The only people who probably do know aren't alive to tell about it. We are able to have an open, mature dialogue about the subject which is great, but there are people in the world who literally die and millions who have already died over a belief that cannot be proven 1 way or the other at this given time. Wars have been fought. Families have been torn apart and entire countries reside in turmoil over what ultimately amounts to opinions and theories. At the end of the day...whatever has you living right w/o negatively affecting others....I say go for it. Unfortunately, religion has never been synonomous w/ the peace it preaches. It would be easy to simply blame man for his overzealous faith, but the Bible itself is filled w/ things that would make Rob Zombie cringe.

My argument isn't w/ science. I do believe it has been able to answer alot of difficult questions but at the same time it is ever evolving ( still in its infancy IMO ).
  • think
    think Members Posts: 687
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Atheists lost in this thread. Feelings caught everywhere.
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    DoUwant2go2Heaven Members Posts: 10,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    think wrote: »
    Atheists lost in this thread. Feelings caught everywhere.

Atheists lost at life. And it's no ones fault but their own.

"11And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them. 12And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before ? ; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works. 13And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works. 14And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death. 15And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire." Revelation 20:11-15

I don't wish this fate on any soul, but sadly many people will experience it. So unbelievers/atheists can laugh, scoff, mock, and ridicule ? until they turn to dust. But the last day will show who was right and who was wrong. The dust will not cover the wicked when ? raises them for judgment on the last day. And all of Gods creation will be present to witness the reality of who really won in this life. Hallelujah!
  • thedesolateone
    thedesolateone Members Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Atheists lost at life. And it's no ones fault but their own.

"11And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them. 12And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before ? ; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works. 13And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works. 14And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death. 15And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire." Revelation 20:11-15

I don't wish this fate on any soul, but sadly many people will experience it. So unbelievers/atheists can laugh, scoff, mock, and ridicule ? until they turn to dust. But the last day will show who was right and who was wrong. The dust will not cover the wicked when ? raises them for judgment on the last day. And all of Gods creation will be present to witness the reality of who really won in this life. Hallelujah!

^^^^^lmao im shakin in my boots.why because its written in a book.oh no i feel it now my soul is in a quagmire.get a life and an education.start with some critical thinkin skills.
  • Pura~Diabla
    Pura~Diabla Members Posts: 1,157
    edited March 2011
    Options
    This thread has been an amusing read.

Anyway, ? knowing ahead of time that a specific person is going to hell and creating them anyway so that they can burn forever and ever doesn't make sense to me and I still have trouble reconciling that with a ? who supposedly loves the hell-bound person.

Also, I don't see how anyone can blame bad things on the devil when ? created Satan and knew what his actions would be be. This seems to be a contradiction.

Just my 2 cents.
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    edited March 2011
    Options
    ^^^^^lmao im shakin in my boots.why because its written in a book.oh no i feel it now my soul is in a quagmire.get a life and an education.start with some critical thinkin skills.

Point proven. See you at the crossroads. Prayerfully you'll be covered with the righteousness of Christ on that day. ? bless.
  • Pura~Diabla
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Yeah, that free will concept doesn't make sense to me either since ultimately everything will go according to "? 's plan"
    D-Jack wrote: »
    ^^^^I've been saying since I became an agnostic person, and these christian say ? wants you to chose right or wrong, but if he knew they were goin to choose wrong and he creates them, anyways. Then send them to hell to re-enact his sick fantasies for being egoistical bastard.
  • 1of1
    1of1 Members Posts: 37,468 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    No lie. This is the first pic that came up when I googled Steve Harvey.

t0s03t.jpg
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    edited March 2011
    Options
    This thread has been an amusing read.

Anyway, ? knowing ahead of time that a specific person is going to hell and creating them anyway so that they can burn forever and ever doesn't make sense to me and I still have trouble reconciling that with a ? who supposedly loves the hell-bound person.

Also, I don't see how anyone can blame bad things on the devil when ? created Satan and knew what his actions would be be. This seems to be a contradiction.

Just my 2 cents.

"14What shall we say then? Is there unrighteousness with ? ? ? forbid. 15For he saith to Moses, I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion. 16So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of ? that sheweth mercy. 17For the scripture saith unto Pharaoh, Even for this same purpose have I raised thee up, that I might shew my power in thee, and that my name might be declared throughout all the earth. 18Therefore hath he mercy on whom he will have mercy, and whom he will he hardeneth.
    19Thou wilt say then unto me, Why doth he yet find fault? For who hath resisted his will? 20Nay but, O man, who art thou that repliest against ? ? Shall the thing formed say to him that formed it, Why hast thou made me thus? 21Hath not the potter power over the clay, of the same lump to make one vessel unto honour, and another unto dishonour? 22What if ? , willing to shew his wrath, and to make his power known, endured with much longsuffering the vessels of wrath fitted to destruction: 23And that he might make known the riches of his glory on the vessels of mercy, which he had afore prepared unto glory, 24Even us, whom he hath called, not of the Jews only, but also of the Gentiles?" Romans 9:14-24

Predestination just confirms the sovereignty of ? my friend. No one will ever understand why ? does what He does. But that truth doesn't negate the fact that ? does as He pleases. And everything that ? does is just, right, and holy. There is no unrighteousness with ? . So a hell-bound sinner can never accuse ? of wrong-doing my friend. Because each and every individual, who has reached the age of accountability in this life, is PERSONALLY responsible for their own actions. ? gave humanity the ability to CHOOSE. You can either choose to serve Him or choose to rebel against Him. It's the basic principle of free will. We are free moral agents my friend. We are not automated robots. ? has given mankind the FREE ABILITY to choose to serve Him. It's that simple. But the harsh reality is that mankind loves the passing pleasures of sin, rather than righteousness. Mankind doesn't want ? telling us how to live. Mankind wants to live apart from ? . Mankind doesn't want to be held accountable for our actions. We don't want to face judgment. So mankind goes on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on in rebellion against ? . But thanks be to ? that He provided a way for those who are CALLED to receive salvation. Those who are the elect will HEAR and RESPOND to the call of ? . The call of ? goes out to all the world and to every single soul, so no one can ever charge ? with folly. Jesus Christ said, "those who have ears let him hear". So only those who want to know the true and living ? will respond to the gospel message of salvation. It's that plain and simple. Black and white. No gray areas. The world is filled with only 2 types of people. The saints and the aints, the saved and the lost, the righteous and the wicked, the wheat and the tares, the elect and the rebellious. So which one are you today my friend?
  • Pura~Diabla
    edited March 2011
    Options
    ? has given mankind the FREE ABILITY to choose to serve Him.

"Serve me or burn forever"

I often wonder this. If ? didn't threaten Christians with eternal torture, how many would truly be rushing to serve him? A lot of Christians have the "better safe than sorry" mentality. I would say most worship out of fear....not genuine love of ? .
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    edited March 2011
    Options
    "Serve me or burn forever"

I often wonder this. If ? didn't threaten Christians with eternal torture, how many would truly be rushing to serve him? A lot of Christians have the "better safe than sorry" mentality. I would say that has more to do with fear than the love of ? .

That premise is faulty thou, because hell wasn't created for human beings. The lake of fire was created for the devil and his angels. "Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels." (Matthew 25:41) So your statement of "serve me or burn forever" is erroneous. Also, the fear of ? is the beginning of wisdom. If you don't fear ? , then you will never experience the love of ? .
This discussion has been closed.