If Kobe Gets his Sixth Ring?

Options

Comments

• Maalik
    Maalik Members Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    LMAO at you guys bring up regular season stats, how many does he have of those in the playoffs
    matt- wrote: »
    and i'll take consistant dominance over sporadic dominance anyday

@ Entrepreneur

? want people to be objective but, cant take off they rose colored glasses themselves. If people can admit Jordan was the better player, played better in the playoffs & was dominant for a longer period ? need to just as easily admit Kobe did ? offensively Jordan couldn't.

@ Matt

That's cool. It's arbitrary honestly. After seeing a 39 year old Jordan ? on the Nets in 2001, I agreed he was the best to ever suit up. I just know Kobe did a few things Jordan couldnt.
  • Maalik
    edited March 2011
    Options
    This argument goes both ways MAALIK

Kobe dont have 10 consecutive scoring titles

Kobe never averaged 8 assists in a season,kobe never shot 48% or 50% once in his career

Kobe dont have 40 straight games of 25 +

Kobe has 1 40 point game in his finals career(even tho he's played in more finals games than mike) and mike has 5-6 including a 55

Kobe has lost in the finals twice jordan 0

See what I mean? It can go both ways

The argument does go both ways....but, none of the stats you posted excuses the fact that Jordan never scored over 69 points in a NBA game. Which was an overtime game at that. The disagreement i have with Jordan fanatics is that they think it's blausphemy to admit that somebody was better in a particular department, even when stats support it. Kobe Bryant was at times in his career, more dangerous offensively than Michael Jordan. Jordan's long list of accolades will never dismiss that. How can somebody be more "potentially dangerous" than me when his career high is 12 points lower than mine & he took an extra quarter to still score less? That ain't good math Tommy.... If Michael Jordan scored 81 points in a game or 62 points in 36 minutes, you would be in here stanning like ? but...........because he didn't it's arbitrary. Stop, its disgusting.
  • Ant4523
    Ant4523 Members Posts: 805
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Kobe is the second greatest basketball player of all time. He's been that way for awhile now on my list. Unfortunantly he won't pass Jordan for me unless he get's a 7th ring. Then I can definitley throw him in there with Mike. But impact wise MJ was an original.
  • Maalik
    edited March 2011
    Options
    :D This ? couldn't be objective for one day if he tried......couldn't say a nice thing about Kobe's game without ? on dude in the process LOL.......

I mean ? , you really gotta be a ? hater if you can't complement the second or third (in tommys opinion 20th) best player to ever play in NBA History.
  • Maalik
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Hahahhahahahahaaha.......your whole perspective is emotional, you lack the ability to think objectively. Talk to you in June my ? .
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    edited March 2011
    Options
    when its all said and done kobe will be the 2nd best of all time which isnt a bad thing
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    There aint a if, in June when Kobe get that 6th ring it's NADA ? can say about Kobe Bryant ... 6 Rings and 8 Finals Appearances, Two 3-Peats, 4 straight Finals Trips

You can't fully rank him because Kobe or the Lakers are not done, they got two more rings to take

Jordan Era has been over, and I'm Chi-Town born and raised

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  • tiablo
    tiablo Members Posts: 11 ✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Yea, that ? kobe will be second of all time, behind Mike.
  • Jr523
    Jr523 Members Posts: 829 ✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    tiablo wrote: »
    Yea, that ? kobe will be second of all time, behind Mike.

Nah, he will be top 10 tho.
  • Trollio
    Trollio Members Posts: 25,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    jordan>>>>>>>>>>>>
  • Mdizzle9000
    Mdizzle9000 Members, Writer Posts: 8,319 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    he's not gonna be better than jordan regardless of what he does in the future and he's #2 on my list until somebody better comes along
  • stilldat_dude
    stilldat_dude Members Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    it wouldn't change anything to me (last year was his REAL hurrdle IMO), to me he's the second best wing player of all time behind Mike and he's already lost 2 finals so he can't surpass him IMO .

Aas far as the best Laker IDK that's a laker fan question...him and magic are def in the same sentence already IMO so that would solidify that argument for anyone who doesn't

currently believe that, he's been a top 10 talent to me for a minute, just another ring this year...now if could win this year and next year and 4 peat....
  • blakfyahking
    blakfyahking Members Posts: 15,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Scoring 40+ in the finals 6 times that led your team to multiple championships>>>>>>>Scoring 81 in ONE game vs the raptors

Good for kobe he outscored MJ in career high in points yet falls short in several other categories

Maybe kobe fans will realize a career high DOES NOT define a career or make you better than someone else

You do know david robinson dropped 71 in a game right? So he outdid Mike too? You see these things hold no weight in the big picture

Only to kobe groupies does that matter

^^^powerful post

maalik you might just have to back down on this one champ

tommy's basketball IQ makes him academically qualified to school you on this subject haha
  • Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I swear I end up saying this ? once every six weeks or so:

Kareem is the most overlooked, underappreciated athlete EVER.

6 rings, 6 reg season MVPs, 2 Finals MVPs, THE NBA all-time scoring record, like 3 chips in college ball for the most dominate college team EVER, 2 MOPs in the NCAAs, the list goes on....yet most people don't even have the guy in Top 5 greatest ever.

Da ? is goin on here?

Is it cause he hates the media or some ? ? Is it cause he never had a shoe?

I made a thread on it about a month ago, and to this day, no one can STILL give me a reason why Kareem can't be considered the G.O.A.T.

And now, the nevre of nigs actually putting Beans or Earvin over Alcindor. Younglings, I swear.

I guess that dude will have to die first before he gets his due.
  • blakfyahking
    blakfyahking Members Posts: 15,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I swear I end up saying this ? once every six weeks or so:

Kareem is the most overlooked, underappreciated athlete EVER.

6 rings, 6 reg season MVPs, 2 Finals MVPs, THE NBA all-time scoring record, like 3 chips in college ball for the most dominate college team EVER, 2 MOPs in the NCAAs, the list goes on....yet most people don't even have the guy in Top 5 greatest ever.

Da ? is goin on here?

Is it cause he hates the media or some ? ? Is it cause he never had a shoe?

I made a thread on it about a month ago, and to this day, no one can STILL give me a reason why Kareem can't be considered the G.O.A.T.

And now, the nevre of nigs actually putting Beans or Earvin over Alcindor. Younglings, I swear.

I guess that dude will have to die first before he gets his due.

Kareem been considered top 5 IMO

but to compare his career with what Jordan has done to the game................silly endeavor

there is no just way to align the two because the game is bigger than stats alone
  • PanchoYoSancho
    PanchoYoSancho Members Posts: 13,177 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Bill Russell having far more rings than Wilt doesnt change the fact that Wilt>>>>Russell
  • DaFifthElement
    DaFifthElement Members Posts: 4,764 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    but what if Kobe had one those other two titles that he lost?
  • DarcSkies
    DarcSkies Members Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    One of the best Lakers, a Legend, and ? the Jordan comparison, let Kobe be Kobe
  • yroholla
    yroholla Members Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Lets get this clear,Kobe is better than Magic....Jordan took better shots, was stronger, and played D a lil better than Kobe....apart from that, from an objective standpoint, Kobes offensive game is better overall.....put Jordan on a team with a prime Shaq for three years and that's three LESS regular season MVPs and finals MVPs for Jordan....quote me on that....yes Kareem was a beast no doubt, but in a league where success rides on whether or not u have an inside presense, we kinda take the Big man for granted so they won't get as much love as a wing player who can dominate a game...if u randomly look at anybodys top 5 of all time, ud prolly find one or two big men in there and in most cases they are rarely in anybodys top 3
  • ghost!
    ghost! Members Posts: 7,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    yroholla wrote: »
    Lets get this clear,Kobe is better than Magic....Jordan took better shots, was stronger, and played D a lil better than Kobe....apart from that, from an objective standpoint, Kobes offensive game is better overall.....put Jordan on a team with a prime Shaq for three years and that's three LESS regular season MVPs and finals MVPs for Jordan....quote me on that....yes Kareem was a beast no doubt, but in a league where success rides on whether or not u have an inside presense, we kinda take the Big man for granted so they won't get as much love as a wing player who can dominate a game...if u randomly look at anybodys top 5 of all time, ud prolly find one or two big men in there and in most cases they are rarely in anybodys top 3

log off and dont come back to the CS until YOU KNOW HOW TO DISCUSS SPORTS!
  • yroholla
    yroholla Members Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    ghost! wrote: »
    log off and dont come back to the CS until YOU KNOW HOW TO DISCUSS SPORTS!

There's actually nothing to discuss here...everything I said has validity to it but I don't expect everyone to agree with me....insert any player alongside Shaq during LAs three peat and they'd be considered a "sidekick"...only a fool would waste the opportunity to use a big agile body to their advantage like Shaq in his prime.....in other words, Shaq in his prime would be the go to guy no matter who was on his team...including Jordan,quote me on that too
  • stilldat_dude
    stilldat_dude Members Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    PimpMVP wrote: »
    You first point is stupid

He lost in 2 finals so that automatically puts him behind Mike??? WTF

Jordan went to 6 finals.. Kobe 7

So what are we to make of Jordan the years he didn't make the finals????

Use logic next time

how is it stupid you can't beat perfection lol (6-0 will ALWAYS be better than more than 6 but wit losses)...same reason Brady can't be better than Montana, not to menttion they also were clearly outplayed in the champiionship as well...don't see what's so hard to understand about that

Your last statement lets me know the post went totally over your head lol

Use comprehension next time youngin
  • ghost!
    ghost! Members Posts: 7,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    There's actually nothing to discuss here...everything I said has validity to it but I don't expect everyone to agree with me....insert any player alongside Shaq during LAs three peat and they'd be considered a "sidekick"...only a fool would waste the opportunity to use a big agile body to their advantage like Shaq in his prime.....in other words, Shaq in his prime would be the go to guy no matter who was on his team...including Jordan,quote me on that too

u said kobe offensive game is better..really. I mean these kobe and jordan comparison happen every sec...the only thing kobe did better was shoot the 3 ball better..how does that equate to kobe having a better overall offensive game

and jordan won 6 titles without a true center...so how does him having shaq or not having shaq fit in....if he had shaq he would of won 3 more titles?? That shaq arguement dont even fit...since at no time anyone thinks shaq is better then jordan, even in shaq's prime he wasnt seeing jordan....
  • DarcSkies
    DarcSkies Members Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Here we go again.

Bottom line is Kobe is the only person who can be mentioned in the same sentence as Jordan.

To me that says it all.

You cant say Carmelo Anthony is the new Jordan. You cant say Lebron is the new Jordan. U cant say Wade is the new Jordan. But you can say KOBE is the new Jordan or like Jalen Rose said (somebody who actually played against BOTH) "If Kobe Isn't As Good As Jordan he is defiantly the REMIX"

Sixth ring or not. IF Kobe isnt as good as Jordan right now...he is defiantly the closest there has been.
  • Maalik
    edited March 2011
    Options

Can't believe somebody finally said this.....its like pulling teeth with these ? . Ain't nobody saying Kobe better than Jordan....but, to act like Kobe never went off & did things in his career offensively than Jordan didn't is so biased its ? .