If Kobe Gets his Sixth Ring?

Options

Comments

• playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    He'll never be Jordan .. nor does he have to.. His legacy.. the moments he left and still leave on the court speaks for themself.. the degree of difficulty to maintain his greatness and alpha dog status in the league is tougher than its ever been. and well. He still is on top.

I think hes cool with being him..

And im glad i got to see two of the greatest players that ever lived.. WiNNING

Now whos gonna be the next Kobe...
  • ghost!
    ghost! Members Posts: 7,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Kobe's jumper was money, by year 5, whereas Jordan's wasn't money until year 8-9
    Kobe's 3-ptr. prowess, is light years ahead, of anything Jordan could've imagined achieving during his career
    Kobe dunks on more marquee superstars, than Jordan, who usually had the Knicks/Ewing as recipients of his sickest dunks
    Kobe's has far far more offensive moves and offensive-intelligence, than Jordan

And Kobe won 4 rings, without a Scottie Pippen hybrid-player of HOF caliber...so what?

Minus Trevor Ariza's near-MVP performance in the NBA Finals...Kobe knows not what it's like to have a lightning quick wingman/defensive guru, like that.

Doesn't matter, considering during those Lakers' MVP runs from 2000-'02 Shaq was receiving NBA Finals' MVP Awards/giving acceptance speeches in which he calls Kobe the best player in the league...From 2001-'09!!

So what...Shaq's opinion doesn't matter, as a knowledged basketball player?? ?????

^^^ wont even bother with this b.s. same ish every single time.....even most kobe stans know damn well kobe aint bottomline...
  • DaFifthElement
    DaFifthElement Members Posts: 4,764 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Only people who think kobe games is better than jordans are the same anti jordan people who discredit him when they can

A carbon copy can never be better than the original especially without the accomplishments or accolades to back it up

To beat the best you have to surpass the best.Thats life its always been that way

Not to kobe stans

*fixed...........
  • Maalik
    Maalik Members Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    how is it stupid you can't beat perfection lol (6-0 will ALWAYS be better than more than 6 but wit losses)...same reason Brady can't be better than Montana, not to menttion they also were clearly outplayed in the champiionship as well...don't see what's so hard to understand about that

Your last statement lets me know the post went totally over your head lol

Use comprehension next time youngin

Depends on how you look at it....if The Lakers get back this year, Kobe would've been to 8 Finals. That means for 8 years in his career, he was atleast on one of the two best teams versus Jordan's 6. I know you gonna probably come back with some venomous remark to discredit it but....if you just thinking objectively about it, it's not a bad question. I mean this is a forum, where people are supposed to debate. Is making & winning the finals 6 times while getting shut out more in the process "that much" better than making the finals 8 times & winning 6 (if they win this year)? Some might choose Jordan's perfection....some might choose Kobe for finding a way to always get there.
  • ghost!
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Maalik wrote: »
    Depends on how you look at it....if The Lakers get back this year, Kobe would've been to 8 Finals. That means for 8 years in his career, he was atleast on one of the two best teams versus Jordan's 6.

the ? ????? Is this what ? got left to argue with??? disgusting....

as barkley would say

"got kobe rolling in his grave...."
  • ghost!
    edited March 2011
    Options

It's a fact kobe bit this move like his post moves from mike but people say he's more polished offensively

A guy wit 2 scoring titles compared to a cat wit 10 straight is more polished offensively?

A guy who's posts moves, who's fadeaway, who's drives are carbon copies is better?

Wtf type of logic is that?

Kobe can shoot 3's better and has always had better handles than mj besides that he's behind in every category skill wise and career wise

now u know..u cant say this right..??

someone will come in and say Kobe said he just didnt learn from jordan he learnd from *insert player*..blah blah...here it comes....
  • ghost!
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Exactly. It sure is the same thing, every time.

And as long as you are incapable of presenting any argument any footage any facts, invalidating how Kobe clearly towers over Jordan in those areas, then it's only right that it is the same thing every time:

Kobe's jumper was money, by year 5, whereas Jordan's wasn't money until year 8-9
    Kobe's 3-ptr. prowess, is light years ahead, of anything Jordan could've imagined achieving during his career
    Kobe dunks on more marquee superstars, than Jordan, who usually had the Knicks/Ewing as recipients of his sickest dunks
    Kobe's has far far more offensive moves and offensive-intelligence, than Jordan

no it's called beating a dead horse..and we all know your wack ass gimmick..which doesnt move me

sensible people dont argue with fools....
  • Maalik
    edited March 2011
    Options
    try approaching the forum, with a more open-mind such as embracing truth thats presented by unpopular/unfavorable members, and you would know that I said that same thing about Kobe, weeks ago...

matta'fact, a pussAZZ mod even closed two (2) threads of mines, because I laid out such ironclad/airtight exhibits showing how Kobe has Jordan, in check.

Ha...Im the most open dude you gonna meet on here. Even if I disagree......if there's some truth about it, I can admit it. These ? on here is talking about 2006/2007 Kobe & fronting like a shooting guard in NBA History ever scored that easily. When I ask certain people if Jordan did things like that offensively, instead of a yes or no, ? hyperbole like ? & talk about rings/finals appearances/team records/mvps/winning seasons & other ? . I never get a simple yes or no answer. That leads me to think, these ? is ALOT more biased than Laker fans ever could be.
  • peagle05
    peagle05 Members Posts: 25,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
  • stilldat_dude
    stilldat_dude Members Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Depends on how you look at it....if The Lakers get back this year, Kobe would've been to 8 Finals. That means for 8 years in his career, he was atleast on one of the two best teams versus Jordan's 6. I know you gonna probably come back with some venomous remark to discredit it but....if you just thinking objectively about it, it's not a bad question. I mean this is a forum, where people are supposed to debate. Is making & winning the finals 6 times while getting shut out more in the process "that much" better than making the finals 8 times & winning 6 (if they win this year)? Some might choose Jordan's perfection....some might choose Kobe for finding a way to always get there.

lol i'm all for the debate...i never caught feelings and called something stupid he did. I can respect and understand why a ? would think being 8-2 is better than 6-0...I JUST DON'T AGREE and i gave my thoughts on why. Being undefeated in the big games mean ALOT to athlete's trust (hell look at Floyd lol). You think Jordan don't feel that extra satisfaction when he sit at the table wit his peers and ? get to talking ? and can't nobody say I beat him for the title and took his ? he OWNED it until he CHOOSE to give it up ( it's not the same as saying i beat you in the second round or even the conf finals his team wasn't good enough obviously lol )...but i understand clearly wit someone who thinks otherwise i just don't agree wit that line of thining
  • peagle05
    peagle05 Members Posts: 25,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Question to anybody in this thread whats more difficult scoring 81 points in 1 game by taking almost 50 shots

OR 5 straight scoring titles averaging 30 + and shooting 50+ from the field and winning 3 titles in that span not going 42-40 and 45-37

Put that in perspective this is over 405-410 games NOT ONE

Again these are things MJ accomplished that Kobe hasnt came close to

Answer that objectively if you can
    we have a winner...
  • Maalik
    edited March 2011
    Options
    lol i'm all for the debate...i never caught feelings and called something stupid he did. I can respect and understand why a ? would think being 8-2 is better than 6-0...I JUST DON'T AGREE and i gave my thoughts on why. Being undefeated in the big games mean ALOT to athlete's trust (hell look at Floyd lol). You think Jordan don't feel that extra satisfaction when he sit at the table wit his peers and ? get to talking ? and can't nobody say I beat him for the title ( it's not the same as saying i beat you in the second round or even the conf finals)...but i understand clearly wit someone who thinks otherwise i just don't agree wit that line of thining

LOL...i agree. Jordan could've possibly went for 8 straight if he never left. LOL @ Barkley, Malone & Ewing. Im Just saying, 2000 2001 2002 2004 2008 2009 2010 2011 Kobe's been chasing a title. That aint nothing to sneeze at. Good ? on being objective, you should teach a class for some of these other ? on here.
  • Smo-King Locs
    Smo-King Locs Banned Users Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I say, at a lot of podiums.

Of course, that's once he hangs up the *Kobe VII's* and decides to stay here or go to any of the international demographics where he's mastered their native language...LOL...and do orating/motivational speeches as an entity which weathered League, Media, & Fan hatred, which Jordan's mental approach to gametime never had to deal with, at no time whatsoever.

I think he's already even with Magic, as GOAT Laker, plus let's remember Kobe was an honor student, speaking multi-languages.

Whereas Jordan, wasn't ever known for his academic astuteness...the intellect exuding in their interviews, at all points thru their careers, is like night and day!

And I think it's those elements awaiting to effect his post-nba career and impact America, alone, that transcend Jordan being remembered for owning a basketball, staying in his place/silent on social issues, and enjoying a Kingdom at his feet called 'nba career' for certain.

what the ? that gotta do with basketball????????????????????????????????????

how many languages u speak muthafucka?????
  • Maalik
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Question to anybody in this thread whats more difficult scoring 81 points in 1 game by taking almost 50 shots

OR 5 straight scoring titles averaging 30 + and shooting 50+ from the field and winning 3 titles in that span not going 42-40 and 45-37

Put that in perspective this is over 405-410 games NOT ONE

Again these are things MJ accomplished that Kobe hasnt came close to

Answer that objectively if you can

I rather have the latter...Jordan was better.

I hope everybody sees that. That's me, a known Kobe fan agreeing with Tommy, a known Kobe hater. Now Tommy, do you know the difference between consistence & peak? I ask this because you've had trouble distinguishing the two for the last 40 hours. Jordan's list of awards & accolades makes him the most consistent player to walk the court. Kobe's offensive peak was higher than Jordan's. Disagree. I dare you.
  • ghost!
    edited March 2011
    Options

8:00 min mark

"Because 90% of what I learned and figured out comes from MJ"-Kobe bryant

To bad his fans cant accept that

see..that right there is called

THE NAIL IN THE COFFIN...thanks for playing...
  • ghost!
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I rather have the latter...Jordan was better.

I hope everybody sees that. That's me, a known Kobe fan agreeing with Tommy, a known Kobe hater. Now Tommy, do you know the difference between consistence & peak? I ask this because you've had trouble distinguishing the two for the last 40 hours. Jordan's list of awards & accolades makes him the most consistent player to walk the court. Kobe's 81 point game, 62 point game gives him a peak performance that no guard's came close to.

and michael jordan drop 63 against the NBA world champs that year in the boston celtics ..and thats the celtics with bird, mchale, perrish,walton, ainge.....etc

plz find me kobe bryants best playoff scoring game against a worthy opp. I'll wait....
  • ghost!
    edited March 2011
    Options
    And what happened to Jordan's team, in that playoff series?

And what round in the playoffs, was that??

LOL...what Jordan did there, was no different than Kobe scoring 40+ in 9 straight games to get his team back in the playoff hunt, as they were very much out of it...

prior to them going 7-2 over those 9 straight games he scored 40 within. Check the results from that year......ball don't lie!

so when we talking scoring..then we can't say kobe drop 81 on the toronto raptors, the toronto raptors taking 50 shots reg season game...jordan drop 63 forcing double OT against a team that was clearly better..
    zzzzzzzzz..u bore me

i wont respond to you ever again...
  • Maalik
    edited March 2011
    Options
    ghost! wrote: »
    and michael jordan drop 63 against the NBA world champs that year in the boston celtics ..and thats the celtics with bird, mchale, perrish,walton, ainge.....etc

plz find me kobe bryants best playoff scoring game against a worthy opp. I'll wait....

Okay. Let's play. The teams Kobe killed scoring wise were weak & not worthy? If Jordan was the GOAT, why couldn't he score 81 points on one of the ? teams in the 90s?
  • ghost!
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Okay. Let's play. The teams Kobe killed scoring wise were weak & not worthy? If Jordan was the GOAT, why couldn't he score 81 points on one of the ? teams in the 90s?

ok...cuz there are other aspect of winning a basketball game then just scoring...., i'm sure if we had to bring in the stats we can show how jordans stats in all bball catagories surprasses kobes..cuz there's this thing call passing and rebounding as well.....

but hey he kobe drop 81 points...whoooo!!!!

btw..i'm not dissing kobe in anyway..

? just need to stop looking for something to put him and jordan in the same sentence..he hisself doesnt even do that

but a few fools on here try to do it...
  • Maalik
    edited March 2011
    Options
    ghost! wrote: »
    ok...cuz there are other aspect of winning a basketball game then just scoring...., i'm sure if we had to bring in the stats we can show how jordans stats in all bball catagories surprasses kobes..cuz there's this thing call passing and rebounding as well.....

but hey he kobe drop 81 points...whoooo!!!!

btw..i'm not dissing kobe in anyway..

? just need to stop looking for something to put him and jordan in the same sentence..he hisself doesnt even do that

but a few fools on here try to do it...

So yea.....that really answered the question. Its a legitimate inquiry. Jordan's supposed to be so much better than Kobe, which I agree to. Why couldn't Jordan have dropped 80+ on one of the 10 bummy teams from the 90s? Im done. Site gives me a headache.
  • ghost!
    edited March 2011
    Options
    So yea.....that really answered the question. Its a legitimate inquiry. Jordan's supposed to be so much better than Kobe, which I agree to. Why couldn't Jordan have dropped 80+ on one of the 10 bummy teams from the 90s? Im done. Site gives me a headache.

cause he didnt need to score 81 points to be a team...cuz u shouldnt need to score 81 points to beat a team if you have 4 other players ur playing with.....*shrug shoulders*

so if jordan dropped 81 points that would somehow mean he's better? Me not answering the question is because it's a stupid premise. ..cuz a player didnt drop 81 points in a regular season game then we should look at that player as not being great, or greater then said player that dropped 81??

in the gran scheme of things what was 81 points??? just a friggin game...and when u put it up to the other accomplishments that jordan has achieved..that 81 point game does not add up....it was a great moment for kobe and should be recognized..but it doesnt help him accomplish surpassing m.jordan.

so like tommay said or someone said...d.robinson dropped 75 points one game...so cause he scored more then jordan in a reg season game..we need to look at d.robinson as being a better scorer then jordan?

Dont get mad cause you and your other fool continue to paint scenarios to support in some form that certain parts of kobes game was better..nobody is arguing kobe's scoring ability or his greatness what they are arguing is..he cant and wont surpass jordan PLAN N SIMPLE

if u wanna wait and see if he gets his 6 ring, then do so..but dont start any arguement with "if" ...that aint reality.

and plz stop with you being more open minded..there's nothing to be open minded about..there's only absolute truth..

there you go
  • bigrizz
    bigrizz Members Posts: 4,369 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    The Fact jordan won with no star big men will always make him better. The ? RETIRED , came back and won again. Put kobe on those bulls teams and they aint winning ? .

Kobe aint ? without phil and a supporting cast. He doesnt make his teams better, his teamates make him better
  • bigrizz
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Ive seen jordan drop 63 on the celtics....in the 80s...? kobe dropping 81 against a bonafide d-league team.
  • bigrizz
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Dude. stop it.

Your fanciful perspective, is embarrassing your knowledge of basketball.

Kobe scored 81 points, on 28-46 shooting (61% fg!!) in just under 42 minutes of play! Including 7-of-13 three-pointers. He shot 18-of-20 free throws, and also had 6 rebounds, 3 steals, and 1 block in just under 42 minutes of play
    That's outstanding!

Whereas Jordan's 63?

He barely shot 50% from the field that day, like 52% to be exact, and it took him 53 minutes to score that 63 points!

You don't have to respond to me, ever again, I'm cool with it if that's your choice...LOL...bcuz it still won't stop me from continuing to post truths facts and realities where you eyes and your conscience, just simply, can not hide pal!

Who was defending kobe? Mo peterson? Jordan did it against a team with 4 HOFers...no comparison
  • htowntx
    htowntx Members Posts: 3,271 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Lol people always try to downgrade kobe's 81 point game because it came against the raptors

Great scorers have played against far worse teams before and in the history of the league only one person has had more points in a nba game