peagle05 Members Posts: 25,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    oh great a youtube war
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    This ? went longer than i thought. before going completely off the court On some TMZ ?
  • PanchoYoSancho
    PanchoYoSancho Members Posts: 13,177 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    smh @ how desperate you are, to now reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeach like Shaq is just...LOL...some lame UNINFORMED & INEXPERIENCED fucctard posting on Cheap Seats forums or something
    How's the phone reception from inside Kobe's ? .
  • Jr523
    Jr523 Members Posts: 829 ✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options

~Kobe has had to play through fan-hatred, league-hatred, and referee-hatred, that Jordan never ever had weighing on his mind/effecting his mental approach to playing nba basketball...real niggz understand this truth!
    ~Kobe has a higher basketball-IQ, than Jordan had
    ~Kobe is a better defender, than Jordan
    ~Kobe has better passing/court-vision, than Jordan
    ~Kobe has a better school-yard/Entertainment game, than Jordan
    ~Kobe is a more proficient, team leader, than Jordan was
    ~Kobe is a more fair-minded teammate, than Jordan, who provenly used intimidation to impact his teammates
    ~Kobe has a better, more naturally-accurate jumper, than Jordan (Kobe's jumper was money, by year 5, Jordan's was not money until year 8-9)
    ~it wasn't until the 'triangle offense' was instated, which excels off of teamwork, that Jordan's legacy was able to add championships to it

Kobe was a selfish ball hog. How was/is he a better teammate than Jordan.
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    MR.CJ wrote: »
    lol @ kobe being the GOAT already

So the younger generation is suppose to youtube Jordan/Magic/Kareem/Bird/Wilt/Russel/Oscar, and rank them off of highlight tapes? From an objective standpoint that doesn't make any sense. Every generation has their GOATs. Jordan, Bird, Magic, Hakeem, Kareem were products of previous generations. Kobe, Shaq, Lebron,Tim Duncan, Iverson are a part of a more current generation.

"The game stays the same, the names change..."

Everyone has their own opinions based on their perception. Anyone with any kind of intelligence wouldn't take someone's word for who's the best and run with it. Most people have to see it in action aka with their own eyes. In brief, Kobe being the GOAT in a particular's person eyes makes complete sense.
    yroholla wrote: »
    Lets get this clear,Kobe is better than Magic....Jordan took better shots, was stronger, and played D a lil better than Kobe....apart from that, from an objective standpoint, Kobes offensive game is better overall.....put Jordan on a team with a prime Shaq for three years and that's three LESS regular season MVPs and finals MVPs for Jordan....quote me on that....yes Kareem was a beast no doubt, but in a league where success rides on whether or not u have an inside presense, we kinda take the Big man for granted so they won't get as much love as a wing player who can dominate a game...if u randomly look at anybodys top 5 of all time, ud prolly find one or two big men in there and in most cases they are rarely in anybodys top 3

Good post, except I think Kobe plays better defense than what I've seen from Jordan.

~Kobe has had to play through fan-hatred, league-hatred, and referee-hatred, that Jordan never ever had weighing on his mind/effecting his mental approach to playing nba basketball...real niggz understand this truth!
    ~Kobe has a higher basketball-IQ, than Jordan had
    ~Kobe is a better defender, than Jordan
    ~Kobe has better passing/court-vision, than Jordan
    ~Kobe has a better school-yard/Entertainment game, than Jordan
    ~Kobe is a more proficient, team leader, than Jordan was
    ~Kobe is a more fair-minded teammate, than Jordan, who provenly used intimidation to impact his teammates
    ~Kobe has a better, more naturally-accurate jumper, than Jordan (Kobe's jumper was money, by year 5, Jordan's was not money until year 8-9)
    ~it wasn't until the 'triangle offense' was instated, which excels off of teamwork, that Jordan's legacy was able to add championships to it

Cosign.
    Jr523 wrote: »

Jordan would curse his teammates out if they didn't pass him the ball. He ran his team through fear and intimidation. Also, Jordan was more of a ball hog than Kobe was.
  • peagle05
    peagle05 Members Posts: 25,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Career totals

Kobe bryant games 1094 assists 5117

Michael Jordan games 1072 assists 5633

Kobe best assist seasons 6.0,5.9.5.5

MJ best assists seasons 8.0,6.3,6.1

Playoffs MJ total games 179 total assists 1022

Playoffs Kobe total games198 total assists 955

Kobe has played in more reg season games and playoff games and still trailing mj in assists

Unacceptable especially when you have interior players like bynum,Shaq and gasol

Numbers never lie in these situations

This is curt schilling after watching kobe in the 08 finals,sounds like an intimidating teammate not a leader

not to mention mike averaged 11 assists in one finals series, i think it was the lakers series
  • ReppinTime
    ReppinTime Members Posts: 4,760 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Jr523 wrote: »

So kobe was a seflish ballhog but jordan wasn't? youre a ? too busy deepthroating Mj too speak with unbias facts.

From Phil himself you ?
    "Kobe is better than Michael with the basketball." Even when Kobe was only 21 years old, Phil already said that Kobe is a better playmaker:

"I think it's the best that I've ever seen a player of mine play with an overall court game. I'm asking him to do so much, and he's accomplishing it. I never asked Michael to be a playmaker."

Career totals

Kobe bryant games 1094 assists 5117

Michael Jordan games 1072 assists 5633

Kobe best assist seasons 6.0,5.9.5.5

MJ best assists seasons 8.0,6.3,6.1

Playoffs MJ total games 179 total assists 1022

Playoffs Kobe total games198 total assists 955

Kobe has played in more reg season games and playoff games and still trailing mj in assists

Unacceptable especially when you have interior players like bynum,Shaq and gasol

Numbers never lie in these situations

This is curt schilling after watching kobe in the 08 finals,sounds like an intimidating teammate not a leader

Use your dope man math.

Numbers lie plenty when you ignore the fact that Kobe came off the bench for 2 years and the fact that Jordan played in an era where the tempo was faster and ? would score 140 a game regularly, thus inflated numbers compared to today.
  • ReppinTime
    edited March 2011
    Options
    lol @ Kobe sounding like an intimidating teammate. Do I need to post the quotes of Jordan threatening his teammates physically? There are several. Or do I need to talk about him punching Steve Kerr, a little white boy.
  • ReppinTime
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Nuff said reppin postin in cheap seats ? radar went off and he moved faster than light to defend this ?

What about this reppin this was 2 weeks ago from phil jackson?

And kobe has played 20 more playoff games miss me with that he was on the bench Bs

You didn't address any facts I said.

None of that quote contradicts what I said or the quote from Phil I used. We are talking about playmaking not shooting %.

Its clear you arent understanding the math. Missing games>>>>>Coming off the bench. Missing games does not count against your overall numbers, coming off the bench is going to drastically drag down your percentages. and once again teams scoring 130+ a game REGULARLY means faster tempo which means more asts which means inflated numbers if you compare it to todays game.
  • ReppinTime
    edited March 2011
    Options
    * I watched SpaceJam 300 times ? YOU!*

I see well you definitely proved my points wrong there bud
  • yroholla
    yroholla Members Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    LOL @ a dude who argues using accomplishments as to why Jordan is better than Kobe....but relies on stats n triple doubles to tell ppl why LeBron is better than Kobe yet LeBrons accomplishments are no where near Kobes....smh...stannery at an all time high
  • yroholla
    yroholla Members Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    If you take championships out the equation lebron is better than kobe as a player,better stats,more accomplishments at the same age,more everything so shut the ? up

Lol ok....let's take nothing out the equation...Kobes better cut it out
  • rage
    rage Members Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    ReppinTime wrote: »

None of that quote contradicts what I said or the quote from Phil I used. We are talking about playmaking not shooting %.

Its clear you arent understanding the math. Missing games>>>>>Coming off the bench. Missing games does not count against your overall numbers, coming off the bench is going to drastically drag down your percentages. and once again teams scoring 130+ a game REGULARLY means faster tempo which means more asts which means inflated numbers if you compare it to todays game.

Then explain why Kobe's BEST assist season are worse than Jordan's BEST assist season. The "he came of the bench" ? doesnt work there.
  • ReppinTime
    edited March 2011
    Options
    rage wrote: »
    Then explain why Kobe's BEST assist season are worse than Jordan's BEST assist season. The "he came of the bench" ? doesnt work there.

lol yall ? ? me. calling it an excuse as if he DIDNT actually come off the bench for 2 years. As if his numbers dont SPIKE to right there with Jordan's career numbers if you don't count those bench seasons. Im not going to reply to this any further because clearly you didnt read my post.
  • rage
    edited March 2011
    Options
    lol yall ? ? me. calling it an excuse as if he DIDNT actually come off the bench for 2 years. As if his numbers dont SPIKE to right there with Jordan's if you don't count those bench seasons. Im not going to reply to this any further because clearly you didnt read my post.

? you have no ? point. Do you understand what "BEST" assist season means? It means at HOBE's BEST he couldnt come close to Jordan's BEST. What in the wide world of ? does coming of the bench for two years have to do with it???
  • ReppinTime
    edited March 2011
    Options
    ? you have no ? point. Do you understand what "BEST" assist season means? It means at HOBE's BEST he couldnt come close to Jordan's BEST. What in the wide world of ? does coming of the bench for two years have to do with it???

Stan, why are you so mad? Try to understand Jordan is NOT your dad.

Read the next line after the ? you bolded originally, you ? ? .
  • rage
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Stan, why are you so mad? Try to understand Jordan is NOT your dad.

Read the next line after the ? you bolded originally, you ? ? .

Thats what I thought...get exposed for the ? and have to resort to the typical "stan" cop out.
  • ReppinTime
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Thats what I thought...get exposed for the ? and have to resort to the typical "stan" cop out.

You're an idiot. I had already addressed your question in the very same post that you quoted, in the very next line. Eat a ? imbecile
  • rage
    edited March 2011
    Options
    You're an idiot. I had already addressed your question in the very same post that you quoted, in the very next line. Eat a ? imbecile

You havent addressed ? you ? ? . Coming of the bench in his first two years has NOTHING TO DO WITH HIM AVERAGING 6.0 in 2005, or 5.5 in 2001 and 5.9 in 2002??
  • ReppinTime
    edited March 2011
    Options
    You havent addressed ? you ? ? . Coming of the bench in his first two years has NOTHING TO DO WITH HIM AVERAGING 6.0 in 2005, or 5.5 in 2001 and 5.9 in 2002??

Rofl you mad as ? . ? ? I already told you to read the very next line after the ? you bolded in the first place. The ? you are saying has already been addressed fagboi.
  • Maalik
    Maalik Members Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options

Cosign.....keep killin em
  • Maalik
    edited March 2011
    Options
    lol yall ? ? me. calling it an excuse as if he DIDNT actually come off the bench for 2 years. As if his numbers dont SPIKE to right there with Jordan's career numbers if you don't count those bench seasons. Im not going to reply to this any further because clearly you didnt read my post.

You gotta understand who you dealing with on here....? got $2000 worth of Jordan memorabilia in they crib; 4 copies of Space Jam VHS tapes & 20 pairs of bootleg Jordan sneaks, the only reason ? ? on Kobe is because he's getting too close for comfort.

? can give props to Dwayne Wade, Lebron James, Derrick Rose, Kevin Durant, Tracy McGrady, Allen Iverson, Tim Duncan, Shaquille O'neal, Magic Johnson, Larry Bird all day long but.............when it comes to Kobe Bryant, it's ? that ? , he'll never be Jordan. You ever ask yourself why?

And Yes....when you list Kobe's stats after his first year starting a full 82 game season...it's alot ? higher. Of course you gonna have lower averages, when you on the bench for 2 years, playing 10 minutes & getting 8 points a game. Its common sense.

Kobe from 1998-99 & forward (first year starting) - 27 ppg regular season.....27.6 ppg in playoffs
    Kobe from 1999-00 & forward (82 games by then) - 27.75 ppg regular season....28.4 ppg in playoffs
    Kobe from 2004-05 & forward (after Shaq left) - 29 ppg regular season.....30 ppg in playoffs

Jordan's regular season career average: 30.1 ppg
    Jordan's Chicago Bulls regular season career average: 31.5 ppg
    Jordan's playoff career average: 33.4 ppg

1996–97 L.A. Lakers 71 6 15.5 .417 .375 .819 1.9 1.3 .7 .3 7.6
    1997–98 L.A. Lakers 79 1 26.0 .428 .341 .794 3.1 2.5 .9 .5 15.4
    1998–99 L.A. Lakers 50 50 37.9 .465 .267 .839 5.3 3.8 1.4 1.0 19.9
    1999–00 L.A. Lakers 66 62 38.2 .468 .319 .821 6.3 4.9 1.6 .9 22.5
    2000–01 L.A. Lakers 68 68 40.9 .464 .305 .853 5.9 5.0 1.7 .6 28.5
    2001–02 L.A. Lakers 80 80 38.3 .469 .250 .829 5.5 5.5 1.5 .4 25.2
    2002–03 L.A. Lakers 82 82 41.5 .451 .383 .843 6.9 5.9 2.2 .8 30.0
    2003–04 L.A. Lakers 65 64 37.6 .438 .327 .852 5.5 5.1 1.7 .4 24.0
    2004–05 L.A. Lakers 66 66 40.7 .433 .339 .816 5.9 6.0 1.3 .8 27.6
    2005–06 L.A. Lakers 80 80 41.0 .450 .347 .850 5.3 4.5 1.8 .4 35.4
    2006–07 L.A. Lakers 77 77 40.8 .463 .344 .868 5.7 5.4 1.4 .5 31.6
    2007–08 L.A. Lakers 82 82 38.9 .459 .361 .840 6.3 5.4 1.8 .5 28.3
    2008–09 L.A. Lakers 82 82 36.1 .467 .351 .856 5.2 4.9 1.5 .4 26.8
    2009–10 L.A. Lakers 73 73 38.8 .456 .329 .811 5.4 5.0 1.6 .3 27.0
    2010- 11 L.A. Lakers 71 71 33.9 .454 .326 .831 5.2 4.8 1.2 .1 25.2

Jordan still got better numbers......But....it aint as far as these ? would like you to believe.....ESPECIALLY AFTER SHAQ LEFT & Kobe became the #1 Option.
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Tommy bilfiger IS BRINGING THE HEAT!!!!!
  • ReppinTime
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Its not close cuz kobe put up numbers while his team was 34-48,42-40 and 45-37 Mike put up numbers that were better AND Won titles,Mvp's AND finals mvp's in the process

You know you lost when you have to fabricate things

First off you didn't understand his post, he wasn't fabricating.

Secondly smh @ using the years Kobe played with Dleague teammates as some sort of strike against him. You reaching hard. Playing in the toughest western conference ever and taking Smush parker, Kwame Brown, Luke Walton,etc to the playoffs is one of the greatest accomplishments ever in the NBA.
  • Maalik
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Maalik is nothing but a cosigner at this point you piggybackin posts and you're one emotional guy over this subject

AKA the Truth hurts

Its not close cuz kobe put up numbers while his team was 34-48,42-40 and 45-37 Mike put up numbers that were better AND Won titles,Mvp's AND finals mvp's in the process

Get your emotions in check 1st then use logic

WRONG stop making ? up to get your point across

Kobe REAL numbers his 1st year starting in 98-99 were 19.9 PPG 3.8 Apg and 5.3 Rpg

Kobe playoff numbers his 1st year starting in 98-99 19.8 PPG 6.3 Rpg 4.6 apg

You know you lost when you have to fabricate things

Tommy.....you really stupid as ? ....I mean really. Your brain got Herpes.

From 1998-99 til now
    (19.9 + 22.5 + 28.5 + 25.2 + 30.0 + 24.0 + 27.6 + 35.4 + 31.6 + 28.3 + 26.8 + 27 + 25.2 = 352 points / 13 seasons = 27.07 ppg

Damn...you ? stupid. I aint going over the others...they all right...? stupid as ?