If you had 2 delete 1 of the following artists from hiphop history who would it be?

Options

Comments

• NAWLEDGE_REIGNS
    NAWLEDGE_REIGNS Members Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Ye Made It Cool To Come From The Middleclasss And Dress Like A ? Im Voting For Him....Not To Mention I Think Hes Catalogue Is Overrated
  • H-Rap 180
    H-Rap 180 Members Posts: 15,452 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    NY was still doing just fine after "Life After Death" dropped the Atomic Bomb on the game and Jay Z, NaS and DMX as well as Ja Rule and Big Pun were able to carry the touch Biggie Left Behind. The West was a wasteland after Tupac died. Snoop fell off, Dre was MIA and Cube was doing movies. Were as the East was able to flourish after Big mostly cause of his influence, his formula and his #1 Disciple Jay Z being able to push forward. Big Pun was clearly influenced by Biggie, just listen to "Capitol Punishment". Pun has stated that Biggie was his favorite rapper. At 1st I didn't think Ross was influenced by Big but now I clearly see the influence to the point, Ross is starting to believe he's the 2nd Coming of Biggie, lol.

Thats not fair.

We didnt crumble because Tupac wasnt influential, it was madness with Suge being a bully Dre being a ? , and Snoop takin' off for the South.. It became a wastland to a certain extent because of tribalism and savagery not Tupac.

Cube kept things movin' with West-side connection but Dre went into hiding and politics and payola boxed us out while NY radio banned us.

Ricky Rozay is what Biggie wanted to be: a larger than life sex-symbol with a flair for style and a regal bearing.

Rozay is an industry darling and a man of principle who refuses to spout filth in his ingenious rhymes..Rozays husky baritone is more commanding than Big's and his work ethic is greater. A renowned "lover" and gentleman he refuses to abuse his women and donates annually to battered-womens shelters.

Rozay also lives a much healthier life-style than Big, he jogs 5 miles a day and does Pilate's with an instructor...Id appreciate if you would refrain from mentioning a legend like Ricardo Rozay in the same sentence with a lout like Christopher Wallace.
  • H-Rap 180
    H-Rap 180 Members Posts: 15,452 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    sboogie wrote: »
    this is a wash...
    its like asking what temperature you prefer your garbage juice to be...

LMAO!!
    Cain_Marko wrote: »
    LOL...........I also said not really. Im sure Fazeem with all his wisdom will come in and say how im necro and eastcoast elitist as ususal, then say his opinion is fact, then quote everything said plus multi-quote everything he said to make some kinda point that only he really gets.

LOL thats cold-blooded....
  • wordsRweapons
    wordsRweapons Members Posts: 3,217 ✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    King Drew wrote: »
    Seriously guys? There's four other rappers up there and y'all still end up making this a 2pas vs biggie.

How the ? are you gonna say this and then dispute what i said in the other thread. SMH you need to make up your mind.
  • birdcallaveli
    birdcallaveli Members Posts: 6,508 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    H-Rap 180 wrote: »
    Ricky Rozay is what Biggie wanted to be: a larger than life sex-symbol with a flair for style and a regal bearing.

Rozay is an industry darling and a man of principle who refuses to spout filth in his ingenious rhymes..Rozays husky baritone is more commanding than Big's and his work ethic is greater. A renowned "lover" and gentleman he refuses to abuse his women and donates annually to battered-womens shelters.

Rozay also lives a much healthier life-style than Big, he jogs 5 miles a day and does Pilate's with an instructor...Id appreciate if you would refrain from mentioning a legend like Ricardo Rozay in the same sentence with a lout like Christopher Wallace.

slow down my ? , you know these fools arent mentally prepared to be hearing something like this.
  • birdcallaveli
    edited March 2011
    Options
    i voted outkast, but big or kanye would have worked just as well for me.
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Presteezh wrote: »
    Lil' Wayne style changed to a more east coast style... oh yea someone compared Jays Vol 1 cover to carter 1 and then Vol 2 to carter than influence was unmistakable
    So because there were growing similarities between Wayne and Jay, Wayne is expected to shun his lifelong music family to sign to Rocafella? No.
    talik23 wrote: »
    i can tell u a young dumb ? . because when big came out , he had brooklyn and the rap game on his back. hov was on the back burner with foxy brown making collabs with biggie..... lmao at u thinking because jay-z was older than big and rapping before him that big was influenced by hov....
    Don't try me lil boy. You're seriously ? if you think that was my point.
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    edited March 2011
    Options
    H-Rap 180 wrote: »
    Would you be willing to delete the most famous African-American rapper (Tupac) who ever lived to salvage Biggie Smalls a popular rapper who never became a cultural icon?

Keep in mind that Tupac is immortalized in movies, books, and curriculum's.

If you delete Tupac then you delete Biggie because Tupac groomed him, nurtured him, and gave him the formula....and in return Biggie allowed him to be robbed and shot.

i call ? on that one
  • _Menace_
    _Menace_ Members, Writer Posts: 26,613 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    lol saying the East ran only hip hop in the 90's.

The West was running ? With Cube Pac Snoop Dre. The Bay Area and the DPG. Yall east coast cats biased as ? ?

We always give you guys props but you throw ? in are face by
    Saying Illmatic,R2D and Reasonable Doubt>>>Any West Coast Album

and I own all 3 of those but get off that ignorant ? . The west been putting out classic album and selling 3x more then the east.

ya'll put out classics but never sell well. Don't give me that ? Biggie went Diamond. only reason he sold that much cause of his death. R2D was doing 2mill the most.
  • Calii Comfort
    Calii Comfort Members Posts: 3,250 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    _Menace_ wrote: »
    lol saying the East ran hip hop in the 90's.

The West was running ? . Yall east coast biased as ? ?

and I own all 3 of those but get off that ignorant ? . The west been putting out classic album and selling 3x more then the east.

ya'll put out classics but never sell well. Don't give me that ? Biggie went Diamond. only reason he sold that much cause of his death. R2D was doing 2mill the most.

they don't hear u though.
  • airspeeze23
    airspeeze23 Members Posts: 170 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I reluctantly voted for Tupac...great question tho t/s
  • Jr523
    Jr523 Members Posts: 829 ✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    lol saying the East ran only hip hop in the 90's.

The West was running ? With Cube Pac Snoop Dre. The Bay Area and the DPG. Yall east coast cats biased as ? ?

How is that ignorant?
  • _Menace_
    edited March 2011
    Options
    they don't hear u though.

They never will.

"I'm from the coast were props are never given"-Game.

And i got love for NYC and I always will but they never show love back
  • _Menace_
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Jr523 wrote: »
    How is that ignorant?

What ever isnt NYC it aint ? ?
  • raevanaa
    raevanaa Confirm Email Posts: 212
    edited March 2011
    Options
    biggie
    mafioso rap ain't new, ? been bragging bout hoes && money
    the rest of the ? on this list actually had something ? positive to say
    plus without biggie there would be no diddy and personally i can do without that hoe
    diddy is like a boil on my ass that won't heal
  • P. Town
    P. Town Members Posts: 27,306 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Damn, ya'll shittin on Biggie
  • raevanaa
    edited March 2011
    Options
    ptowndonte wrote: »
    Damn, ya'll shittin on Biggie

i wasn't gonna do it until i realized that without biggie, we would not have diddy.
    both of them ? shoulda got shot together
  • soul rattler
    edited March 2011
    Options
    raevanaa wrote: »
    i wasn't gonna do it until i realized that without biggie, we would not have diddy.both of them ? shoulda got shot together

You don't know much about music, do you?
  • Jr523
    Jr523 Members Posts: 829 ✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    What ever isnt NYC it aint ? ?

Nah it aint that. Those albums are just better than every west coast album.
  • a_list
    a_list Members Posts: 4,886 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    i wasn't gonna do it until i realized that without biggie, we would not have diddy.

lol wtf?.......
  • _Menace_
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Jr523 wrote: »
    Nah it aint that. Those albums are just better than every west coast album.

That's an opinion.

When you got albums like

Straight Outta Compton
    Chronic92 and 01
    ?
    MATW
    AEOM
    7DT
    Dogg Foog
    Documentary
    Death Certificate
  • raevanaa
    edited March 2011
    Options
    You don't know much about music, do you?

by that i mean this:
    diddy would not have had as big of an influence without big.
    that ? capitalized off of big's death && career and hasn't left the public eye for more than a year since his death
    allsimsayinisthat if big had not existed, i highly doubt diddy would have attained the success and attention he did
    attention that he didn't ? deserve

i just don't like diddy.
  • KingJamal
    KingJamal Members Posts: 20,652 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    by that i mean this:
    that ? capitalized off of big's death && career and hasn't left the public eye for more than a year since his death
    allsimsayinisthat if big had not existed, i highly doubt diddy would have attained the success and attention he did

i just don't like diddy.
    diddy-dance-o.gif
  • birdcallaveli
    edited March 2011
    Options

based ? damn thats some raw ?

34446xt.jpg
  • soul rattler
    edited March 2011
    Options
    by that i mean this:

i just don't like diddy.
    You can dislike Diddy all day long, that doesn't mean that everything you just typed are lies, exaggerations, and flatout delusional. Diddy capitalizes from everyone's career. Biggie isn't a special case.