If you had 2 delete 1 of the following artists from hiphop history who would it be?

Options

Comments

• raevanaa
    raevanaa Confirm Email Posts: 212
    edited March 2011
    Options
    You can dislike Diddy all day long, that doesn't mean that everything you just typed are lies, exaggerations, and flatout delusional. Diddy capitalizes from everyone's career. Biggie isn't a special case.

still doesn't justify why this ? is dropping albums with his name plastered across them, yet he has no recognizable talent
    diddy is a hell of a businessman, that doesn't mean i have to respect or like that ?
    and lets face it, suge had it right when that ? called diddy out at the source awards for being "all in the video"
    if you're a label owner/producer, stay in your lane && stay in the cotdamn background

diddy was and is a successful businessman but lets face it, he used biggie's talent, success, and death to propel his own career as an entertainer
    moreso than he did with his other artists
    the ? has no discernible talent whatsoever
    and for the sake of this thread
    had big never existed; had voletta swallowed that nut
    i would not have to have seen some talented artists get swept under the rug by diddy and disappear, never to be seen again
    bitchassness would not be a part of america's social vernacular
    and i would definetly not have to hear that travesty on the radio with trey songz and those two somalian boys talking about tongues walking on ?
  • DRO
    DRO Members Posts: 9,943 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Lol@ at biggie winning this thread.. I thought yall was biggie stans in here..
  • Pervis
    Pervis Members Posts: 338 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    i'd say biggie too. i never really cared for his ? . i like about 3 songs of out his catalogue and thats it.
  • DRO
    DRO Members Posts: 9,943 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    pervis wrote: »
    i'd say biggie too. I never really cared for his ? . I like about 3 songs of out his catalogue and thats it.

..i voted for biggie myself.. I just thought ? thought he was ? like on the ic....
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    raevanaa wrote: »
    still doesn't justify why this ? is dropping albums with his name plastered across them, yet he has no recognizable talent
    diddy is a hell of a businessman, that doesn't mean i have to respect or like that ?
    and lets face it, suge had it right when that ? called diddy out at the source awards for being "all in the video"
    if you're a label owner/producer, stay in your lane && stay in the cotdamn background

diddy was and is a successful businessman but lets face it, he used biggie's talent, success, and death to propel his own career as an entertainer
    moreso than he did with his other artists
    the ? has no discernible talent whatsoever
    and for the sake of this thread
    had big never existed; had voletta swallowed that nut
    i would not have to have seen some talented artists get swept under the rug by diddy and disappear, never to be seen again
    bitchassness would not be a part of america's social vernacular
    and i would definetly not have to hear that travesty on the radio with trey songz and those two somalian boys talking about tongues walking on ?
    So did Suge have it right when he HIMSELF started getting "all in the magazines" and "all in the interviews" trying to be a superstar in his own right instead of a behind the scenes executive?

Sit there behind your computer screen and tell me with a straight face that Biggie's success alone outweighs everything else that Diddy has ever done with anyone else. Biggie died over a decade ago and Diddy is still well on his way to becoming a Billionaire. That's not a testament to how huge of a cash cow Biggie was, but to Diddy's TALENT as a businessman and promoter. You don't have to like him for it, and you don't even have to respect him... if you don't value or appreciate business savvy.

And by the way, Diddy is a helluva producer and that's something you can't deny him. Look at American Gangster.
  • Kwan Dai
    Kwan Dai Members Posts: 6,929 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I would go with Jayz and Biggie. IMO neither of them were or are that great of MC's. They are just ok to me. In addition to this, they were\are to concerned with Music that MUST be able to generate radio spins (aka) Pop music. Lastly, No Jayz= no Kanye. So, it all works in the end. IMO Hip Hop would be in a much more Pure, creative and Respectable Place. And I am strictly speaking about the art and cultre. Not some ? Sneaker deal, or place on the forbes list.
  • Puff-A-Lot
    Puff-A-Lot Members Posts: 143
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Biggie, all his ? is boring.

Kanye is a close second, ? .
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] rubbed off from friction Posts: 0 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • [Deleted User]
    edited April 2011
    Options
  • son of 1973
    son of 1973 Members Posts: 769
    edited April 2011
    Options
    jay and kanye. i could do without their music though i respect jay's business accomplishments and kanye's production.
  • [Deleted User]
    edited April 2011
    Options
  • P. Town
    P. Town Members Posts: 27,306 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    The Jamel wrote: »
    Jay-z and nas...
    they are carbon copies.
    why listen to cheap imitations when the real thing is there (pac and biggie)

Cause Jay & Nas is, was, and will forever be better than Biggie & Pac. Plus, Pac was not EVEN nice on that mic.
  • Jr523
    Jr523 Members Posts: 829 ✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    ptowndonte wrote: »
    Cause Jay & Nas is, was, and will forever be better than Biggie & Pac. Plus, Pac was not EVEN nice on that mic.

Truth. Jay and Nas are better than big and pac. ? overrate Pac to much on here.
  • [Deleted User]
    edited April 2011
    Options
  • Jr523
    edited April 2011
    Options
    i'm sorry i didn't make it clear.

I don't care about your opinion. It won't affect mine. I refuse to argue with you troglodytes, about your man-crushes...

Man-crush?? You just put down Nas & Jay and praised Big & Pac. So are they ur man crushes?
  • Kwan Dai
    edited April 2011
    Options

I don't care about your opinion. It won't affect mine. I refuse to argue with you troglodytes, about your man-crushes...

No need to argue. However, are your assertions and opinions in fact Man Crushes as well?

Although I do agree that Jay is a Biggie Clone, ? Slobber.

I Can't go with Nas Pac assertion considering they came out at similar times and Nas was already making Classic Hip Hop. Can't say so much about Pac. While Nas was Penning Illmatic, Pac was doing the Humpty dance.
  • P. Town
    edited April 2011
    Options

Man crushes? No. Some ? just speak the truth. And alot of ? on here don't wanna hear it, but who gives a ? .
  • [Deleted User]
    edited April 2011
    Options
  • Jr523
    edited April 2011
    Options
    i don't give a ? about your opinion, talking with you people about "Music" is like talking to a brick wall, you all are too concerned with keeping up with your peer's that you would rather downplay good music.

you don't like what i said? Too bad, it's my opinion, get over you ? crybabies, it's just 1's and 0's on a computer screen.

Are they ur man-crushes?
  • [Deleted User]
    edited April 2011
    Options
  • Kwan Dai
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Jr523 wrote: »
    Are they ur man-crushes?

No they are somehow homeys well thought opinions. To bad people that can read English can read right through the B.S.
  • [Deleted User]
    edited April 2011
    Options
  • son of 1973
    son of 1973 Members Posts: 769
    edited April 2011
    Options
    can't co-sign Kanye, his first album was a virtual masterpiece.

Plus he gave us Lupe and John Legend and helped the big homie Common put down the burlap sacks that Mrs. Badu had him rocking...

Good points a ? just not a fan of Kanye's rapping lol...
  • [Deleted User]
    edited April 2011
    Options
  • P. Town
    edited April 2011
    Options
    honestly? not me.
    ya'll are actually trying to argue opinions, like they are ? facts.

Only reason I even responded was because you called Jay & Nas carbon copies. That's deeper than just having an opinion.