If you had 2 delete 1 of the following artists from hiphop history who would it be?

Options

Comments

• Kwan Dai
    Kwan Dai Members Posts: 6,929 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    genstasia wrote: »
    So we havent came to the Conclusion that Em had to go?

He wasn't listed. I would have voted him out twice.
  • Kwan Dai
    edited April 2011
    Options
    The Jamel wrote: »
    Nastradamus, that album was littered with Pac's influence.
    Even "You Owe Me" sounded like a Pac joint.

I honestly don't have the lyric's or songs memorized to where i can quote. but i remember it registering a reaction from me.
    Anyway, I also feel that, Nas copies Pac's flow, thug angels, thug this thug that. Pretending to be very introspective but in fact it was quite the opposite.
    I reckon Predecessor may have been the wrong word. i should have used influences or something similar.

I disagree with you and think that aside from the Thugs references which, we can hear from many artists from the era including, Biggie, Mobb etc etc. Nas and Pac sound nothing like one another. Nastradamus is Nas's 3'rd of fourth album (if you consider the firm). So, I again I disagree with you. Perhaps Nas was influenced by Pac. Hell, that's a good thing. Right? However, consider this, Nas was considered a prodigy after penning Illmatic at a such a young age. He wasn't only touted for his flow and delivery but also his subject matter i.e. One Love, and Life's a ? . If, we compare what Pac was doing at this time, I don't know if, Pacs work can stand up. Feel free to correct me if I am wrong on this. But to understand what Nas was for MCing at that time and the future and NOT at least consider he too had an influence on Pac is, just being stubborn and perhaps short sighted. I believe they influenced each other at various points in their lives and careers.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] rubbed off from friction Posts: 0 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • garv
    garv Confirm Email Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Pac took Me and My Girlfriend from I Gave You Power, not the other way round.
  • Kwan Dai
    edited April 2011
    Options
    The Jamel wrote: »
    i can understand that, and you are probably right.
    i do feel as tho, that once pac pased, nas stepped up his thug talk, wearing bandana's like pac, ect.
    but yeah, i can agree that it is very possible that they influenced each other.

I didn't notice an increase or decrease. But again if, he did. Who has done it better since Pac? Even if, you feel Nas took Pac's whole life, lyrics, persona etc. You cannot say the Kid hasn't represented Class, Skill, consistency, creativity, love for his people and a fire on the MIC and through his Music. Lord knows Jayz's Pop ass aint done it. Snoop aint done it. Busta aint done it, 50 aint done it. Ja-rule aint done it. We damn sure know Emenim aint done it.

Let me say this. First and foremost. I am not a huge fan of Pac's Music or the way he carried himself during his lifetime. However, I know the Kid had a passion for his Music, his people and the people that came from a similar place as he. I respect that to the fullest. I can honestly tell you I have never been able to get past Pac's lack of word play and production (just my opinion). However,I get the same feeling from Nas's Music (passion, Love for his people etc.) not so much from Nas's interaction with Fans, Media etc. JUST THE MUSIC. I think Nas, Pac, Bob Marley, Marvin ? all have that commonality in their MUSIC.

Pac and Nas certainly are more alike MUSICALLY then they are different. Their personalities however, are like Night and day.
  • FlyFreeCt
    FlyFreeCt Members Posts: 4,383 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Out of the ? listed, it's easy for me...KANYE...That ? really ain't had no impact in my view of hip hop..and if you take away any of the other choices, than you would take a chunk of hip hop history away..With or without Kanye, the game would still be ? today..Dude ain't nothin special to me at all.
  • bigrizz
    bigrizz Members Posts: 4,369 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    can i say lil wayne? Everyone in the poll actually brought something to the genre
  • bankrupt baller
    bankrupt baller Members Posts: 12,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    garv wrote: »
    pac took me and my girlfriend from i gave you power, not the other way round.

im pretty sure he meant whole styles,not one song concept....lol
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    edited April 2011
    Options
    FlyFreeCt wrote: »
    Out of the ? listed, it's easy for me...KANYE...That ? really ain't had no impact in my view of hip hop..and if you take away any of the other choices, than you would take a chunk of hip hop history away..With or without Kanye, the game would still be ? today..Dude ain't nothin special to me at all.

i disagree hip hop would be a lot worse without kanye. he is imo the number 1 rapper of this era.
  • 5th Letter
    edited April 2011
    Options
    im pretty sure he meant whole styles,not one song concept....lol

what style nas borrowed from pac?
  • bankrupt baller
    edited April 2011
    Options
    jamacia wrote: »
    what style nas borrowed from pac?

ask the person who said it
  • ImGettingOld
    ImGettingOld Members Posts: 2,760 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Why the hell ya'll want to delete biggie for
  • Kwan Dai
    edited April 2011
    Options
    i disagree hip hop would be a lot worse without kanye. he is imo the number 1 rapper of this era.

Put that ? down. It's way to strong for you fam.
  • garv
    garv Confirm Email Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Kwan Dai wrote: »

Real talk...................
  • Kwan Dai
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Why the hell ya'll want to delete biggie for

I'm from BK grew up in that era and all. I know hella cats will disagree but son just wasn't that nice to me then, or now. I just always saw the ? as on ok rapper that, chose to do a little dirt when he didn't have to. Then rhymed over radio friendly joints. Not much substance to my man biggie. Biggie didn't appeal to me coming off of P.E.,Jeru, KRS, Poor Righteous teachers, Brand Nubian, Wu-Tang etc. .
  • bankrupt baller
    edited April 2011
    Options
    garv wrote: »

• 5th Letter
    edited April 2011
    Options

what that suppose to mean
  • H-Rap 180
    H-Rap 180 Members Posts: 15,452 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    what that suppose to mean

He is a genius, beast, rhymes, the visual, fashion....groundbreaking and trendsetting, plus he appeals to the broadest audience of any rapper..he has the Pusha T. crowd and the Kid Cudi crowd.

Yeezy is a beast.
  • 5th Letter
    edited April 2011
    Options
    H-Rap 180 wrote: »
    He is a genius, beast, rhymes, the visual, fashion....groundbreaking and trendsetting, plus he appeals to the broadest audience of any rapper..he has the Pusha T. crowd and the Kid Cudi crowd.

Yeezy is a beast.

• bigrizz
    bigrizz Members Posts: 4,369 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    H-Rap 180 wrote: »

Yeezy is a beast.

And white people hate him, but got no choice to love him cuz he can make any kind of music an be accepted for it

YEEZY rules
  • H-Rap 180
    H-Rap 180 Members Posts: 15,452 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    bigrizz wrote: »
    And white people hate him, but got no choice to love him cuz he can make any kind of music an be accepted for it

YEEZY rules

^^^This.

That dynamic is crazy, I guess your artistry speaks for itself when people despise you as a person but appreciate your art at the same time.

Thats why I couldnt delete Kanye because he has surpassed being a HipHop artist and become a cultural icon outside of HipHop.

Its difficult for me not to place greater value on music when it has a message or positive theme because most artists are too scared to put their beliefs, politics, and cultural awareness on a track for fear that they might allienate a segment of their fanbase.
    Kanye dosent care...he even lynches white women in his videos.
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    This easy Biggie, by far the weakest one.
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Spinoff

If you had to keep one who would it be?
  • FlyFreeCt
    FlyFreeCt Members Posts: 4,383 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options

We're gonna have to agree to disagree then, cuz I personally never got the Kanye hype...He's decent as an artist to me, never viewed him as great like alot of ? do..I like a few joints over his career, but to me, overall he's slightly above average...and he got a "? ? " disposition.
  • aquizzle
    aquizzle Members Posts: 589
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Out of that list I have to go with outkast sorry ms. jackson