Teflon Don vs It Was Written

Options

Comments

• bigrizz
    bigrizz Members Posts: 4,369 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Nas is a Lyricist but he's not a real Artist he can't perform ill Hook's, pick dope Beat's, Write Hit Singles, switch up his content, Flow well to be a true Artist

[video]http://youtu.be/JCOURZ-yx4E[/video]
    [video]http://youtu.be/UKjj4hk0pV4[/video]
    [video]http://youtu.be/5gWD4g63RNI[/video]

These are all nas hits and he did the hooks
  • 1of1
    1of1 Members Posts: 37,468 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    H-Rap 180 wrote: »
    Sometimes it depends on how you live:

If I was Riding the subway and catching cabs in NewYork with my headphones on I'd prolly be listening to IWW
    if I was in a sunny city riding around in my chevy with 12's in my trunk then I'd prolly be listening to Teflon Don

Reasonable post......
  • phantom0900
    phantom0900 Members Posts: 1,313 ✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    bigrizz wrote: »
    Tears of joy was only ill because Cee lo killed it....

Co-sign, Ross aint saying much. ? is trying to be deep, but hopped into a kiddy pool.

This is a shock post.

And I think Cee-lo was sonnin Ross too, everytime that ? what did i do to deserve this, he says I don't know, and I agree.
  • bigrizz
    bigrizz Members Posts: 4,369 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options

If I was Riding the subway and catching cabs in NewYork with my headphones on I'd prolly be listening to IWW
    if I was in a sunny city riding around in my chevy with 12's in my trunk then I'd prolly be listening to Teflon Don

I hear that....but i guess they shouldnt be compared....
  • Mvpbrodie93
    Mvpbrodie93 Members Posts: 8,036 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Nas is a Lyricist but he's not a real Artist he can't perform ill Hook's, pick dope Beat's, Write Hit Singles, switch up his content, Flow well to be a true Artist

LOL, nas can do all that. Thats why he has classic ALBUMS and ross has ZERO
  • Mvpbrodie93
    edited April 2011
    Options
    IWW easily, even though its overrated here its still a 4.5 Mic album
  • pop duke
    pop duke Members Posts: 375
    edited April 2011
    Options
    What exactly is your definition of a true artist? I peeped a post you made earlier & you said you're a Nas fan but the more you critique him it looks like your Mutulu in disguise
  • Rhymesfinest
    Rhymesfinest Members Posts: 1,892 ✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    pop duke wrote: »
    What exactly is your definition of a true artist? I peeped a post you made earlier & you said you're a Nas fan but the more you critique him it looks like your Mutulu in disguise

I am a Nas fan as far as him being able to Rap but i can't listen to his Albums they lack replay value and are boring i feel Nas Hook's, Flow and Delivery are weak and his ear for Production is really poor i think he craft many dope Albums with the exception of Illmatic and IWW the rest are either real poor or below average but he is a good Rapper just not diverse or a great Album maker consistantly
  • gee757
    gee757 Members Posts: 26,374
    edited April 2011
    Options

lolllllllllll chuuch
  • Rhymesfinest
    edited April 2011
    Options
    IWW easily, even though its overrated here its still a 4.5 Mic album

Illmatic = 10/10
    It Was Written = 9/10
    I Am = 5/10
    Nastradamus = 1/10
    Stillmatic = 7/10
    ? 's Son = 5/10
    Streets Disciple = 1/10
    Hip Hop Is Dead = 2/10
    Untitled = 5/10
    Distant Relatives = 6/10
  • Mvpbrodie93
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Illmatic = 10/10
    It Was Written = 9/10
    I Am = 5/10
    Nastradamus = 1/10
    Stillmatic = 7/10
    ? 's Son = 5/10
    Streets Disciple = 1/10
    Hip Hop Is Dead = 2/10
    Untitled = 5/10
    Distant Relatives = 6/10

ILL-5
    IWW-4.5
    I am-4
    Nastradamus-1.5
    Stillmatic-4.75
    Lost Tapes-5
    Gods son-4.25
    Street diciple-3
    HHID-3.5
    ? -4
    DR-4
  • juelz21
    juelz21 Members Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    But see i don't just want Lyrics and specially when it's non relatable like a lotta Nas Lyrics

It's about the complete package of great Song Writting, Lyricism, Chroruses, Emotion, Delivery, Production, Flow etc it's in a nut shell about crafting dope Song's Rick Ross knows he isnt dope at doing Hook's so he says ok lemme put on a top notch Singer on the Hook to feature, he can pick ill Beat's and as far as Writting he can Write nice Verses and create Music with much higher replay value than Nas

what does emotion and picking beats have anything to do with rapping your argument is weak.
  • Rhymesfinest
    edited April 2011
    Options
    ILL-5
    IWW-4.5
    I am-4
    Nastradamus-1.5
    Stillmatic-4.75
    Lost Tapes-5
    Gods son-4.25
    Street diciple-3
    HHID-3.5
    ? -4
    DR-4

I can respect that even though you rated some Album's way too high

But basically Nas has one universally accepted classic with Illmatic as far as general consensus a few good Album's, some below average or average album's and some really poor albums
  • Trollio
    Trollio Members Posts: 25,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    u gotta be shittin me
    iww is my fav nas album and td isnt ross best album...trilla is
  • Mvpbrodie93
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I can respect that even though you rated some Album's way too high

But basically Nas has one universally accepted classic with Illmatic as far as general consensus a few good Album's, some below average or average album's and some really poor albums

Stillmatic is accepted as a classic album
    Best intro ever/Best diss song ever/BEst comeback album ever
  • Supreme_Mind999
    Supreme_Mind999 Members Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    These two can't even be compared..Ross is truck rattling music,nas is lyrical blunted out mystic music with boom bap beats

You cats ? me comparing apples to oranges
  • qawshun
    qawshun Members Posts: 9,138 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I feel 'Tears Of Joy' is Rick Ross best song ever and i feel 'New York State Of Mind' is Nas best song ever

From a Music point of view as far as Song Crafting/Writting, Emotion, Replay Value, Content, Delivery, Message

'Tears Of Joy'>>>>>>>>>>>>'New York State Of Mind'

other than the beat and ceelo on the hook tears is weak. the first verse of new york state of mind kills that whole track

And even though Nas is the better Rapper i feel this scenario can be put for many Rick Ross vs Nas song's cos simply Nas may be the better Rapper but Rick Ross makes the better Music and is the better Song Crafter

other than the beat and ceelo on the hook tears is weak. the first verse of new york state of mind kills that whole track. ross just picks
    waayyy better beats
  • Mumo X
    Mumo X Banned Users Posts: 4,521 ✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    who is thz dude rymesfinest? Smh

it is sacrilegous/blasphemous to compare any Ross album to any Nas album.

IWW ? on Teflon Don. It aint even funny. IWW came out in 96 and it still gets alotta spins from hiphop heads. IWW is a definitive Classic. It influenced Lupe to get in the game, its RZA's favorite Nas album, Saigon has is as one of the best album of the 90s, Pac got the 'Me and my girlfriend' concept from IWW.

I dare anyone to tel me if they has been a creative,powerful hiphop song as 'I gave you power' since 96?

what has been Teflon Dons impact in the game? Lol. Yall gotta be ? kiddin me. Whoz gonna bump TD 15 years later?

The Message
    I gave you power
    if i ruled the world
    affirmative action
    take in blood
    silent murder
    shootouts
    live ? rap
    black gal lost

all these be classics. Nas is the 90s wuz untouchable lyrically. Only Gza or Prodigy could match him. TD is jus an average album.
  • juelz21
    juelz21 Members Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Mumo X wrote: »

it is sacrilegous/blasphemous to compare any Ross album to any Nas album.

IWW ? on Teflon Don. It aint even funny. IWW came out in 96 and it still gets alotta spins from hiphop heads. IWW is a definitive Classic. It influenced Lupe to get in the game, its RZA's favorite Nas album, Saigon has is as one of the best album of the 90s, Pac got the 'Me and my girlfriend' concept from IWW.

I dare anyone to tel me if they has been a creative,powerful hiphop song as 'I gave you power' since 96?

what has been Teflon Dons impact in the game? Lol. Yall gotta be ? kiddin me. Whoz gonna bump TD 15 years later?

The Message
    I gave you power
    if i ruled the world
    affirmative action
    take in blood
    silent murder
    shootouts
    live ? rap
    black gal lost

all these be classics. Nas is the 90s wuz untouchable lyrically. Only Gza or Prodigy could match him. TD is jus an average album.

shut the fukk up.
  • gee757
    gee757 Members Posts: 26,374
    edited April 2011
    Options

itz dretox fam shez back lol
  • Mumo X
    edited April 2011
    Options
    ? hiphop. Thz culture is full of fickle fans. That ? is disrespectful. Comparin Ross to Nas is a sin.

Nas is a lyrical deity. No one in the 90s wuz touchn him.

If i ruled the world>>>>>Ross existence. And its plain stupid to say tears of joy is better than ny state of mind.
  • hnic1978
    hnic1978 Members Posts: 3,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Illmatic = 10/10
    It Was Written = 9/10
    I Am = 5/10
    Nastradamus = 1/10
    Stillmatic = 7/10
    ? 's Son = 5/10
    Streets Disciple = 1/10
    Hip Hop Is Dead = 2/10
    Untitled = 5/10
    Distant Relatives = 6/10

I'm not the greatest at math but based off ur thread, u are saying Teflon Don is a 10.......Is that true???
  • Mumo X
    edited April 2011
    Options
    gee757 wrote: »
    itz dretox fam shez back lol

lol fam! I dint knw.

juelz21 wrote: »
    shut the fukk up.

smh @ thz lame
  • hnic1978
    hnic1978 Members Posts: 3,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Just the simple fact that u are comparing an album made in 2010 to an album made in 1996 is enuff proof that It Was Written runs circles around Rick Ross's career let alone the album.
  • nyst8ofmin
    nyst8ofmin Members Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    . Thz forum is full of fickle fans. .

fixed

imagine if ppl could just appreciate without showing so much hate