Teflon Don vs It Was Written

Options

Comments

• pop duke
    pop duke Members Posts: 375
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Very well said. This thread is officially over!!! Next
    It was written was a game changer..Teflon don had some heat on it but IWW was remarkable,it influenced so many mcs its ridiculous...Ross never had a album with that kind of impact...Ross albums are like good microwave dinners,good but not filling..

You can't imagine how I felt when I heard tears of joy and this cat ross didn't smash that beautiful beat..I was like WTF?!!!
  • flushill401
    flushill401 Members Posts: 1,066 ✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    GTFOHWTBS. Nastradamus >>>>>>>>>>>>> the C.O.'s life.
  • Supreme_Mind999
    Supreme_Mind999 Members Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Whats so ill about ross rhymesfinest?...post up what you consider a goat verse from ross..I wanna laugh..We're not talking about simple entertainment here,we're talking about real spitting
  • H-Rap 180
    H-Rap 180 Members Posts: 15,452 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
  • Supreme_Mind999
    edited April 2011
    Options
    H-Rap 180 wrote: »

Yeah thats all good but we talking about raw emceeing here...I like call and response hooks,soulful beats,nice melodies,and flava songs you can vibe to with women as much as the next man but ross is not a better mc than nas..I'm referring to the gist of this forum
  • Rhymesfinest
    Rhymesfinest Members Posts: 1,892 ✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Whats so ill about ross rhymesfinest?...post up what you consider a goat verse from ross..I wanna laugh..We're not talking about simple entertainment here,we're talking about real spitting

His Word Play, Cadance, Rhyme Schemes are dope as far as Rapping ability not saying he is elite at those aspects but is good and on top of that has a dope Flow and Delivery

In the bigger picture of things Ross is an average Rapper/Artist but he is more of an Artist than Nas and makes much superior Music
  • gee757
    gee757 Members Posts: 26,374
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Yeah thats all good but we talking about raw emceeing here...I like call and response hooks,soulful beats,nice melodies,and flava songs you can vibe to with women as much as the next man but ross is not a better mc than nas..I'm referring to the gist of this forum

fam u is takin this thread 2 serious lol
  • Supreme_Mind999
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I give it to ross, he makes bangers but after his songs get played out what are you left with?....I can keep coming back to It was written over and over again and appreciate it more than when I first heard it..Thats what you call classic music
  • Supreme_Mind999
    edited April 2011
    Options
    gee757 wrote: »
    fam u is takin this thread 2 serious lol

I'm really not,I'm just debating..Its my sport lol..I'm a chess player
  • JadaRoss
    JadaRoss Members Posts: 6,791 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I give it to ross, he makes bangers but after his songs get played out what are you left with?....I can keep coming back to It was written over and over again and appreciate it more than when I first heard it..Thats what you call classic music

so you saying,you will play Nas's it was written right now over rick ross's Teflon don album???

people will look at you crazy bruh
  • Rhymesfinest
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Which is why i prefer good Music>>>>>>>>>>>>>>MCing

Good Song Writting, Album making, Song Cfrating>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Mcing

Emotion, Lyricism, dope Hook's, Melodic Hook's, smooth Flow, Story Telling, passion, Word Play, dope Production>>>>>>>>>>>>>Mcing

I don't wanna hear Wu Tang, Nas, Asher Roth, Joe Budden etc cypher outside a dusty NY project

I wanna hear good Music good quality crafted Music with emotion
  • Supreme_Mind999
    edited April 2011
    Options
    His Word Play, Cadance, Rhyme Schemes are dope as far as Rapping ability not saying he is elite at those aspects but is good and on top of that has a dope Flow and Delivery

In the bigger picture of things Ross is an average Rapper/Artist but he is more of an Artist than Nas and makes much superior Music

Does Ross play instruments or makes beats? lol...Post up a ill verse from ross
  • gee757
    gee757 Members Posts: 26,374
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I'm really not,I'm just debating..Its my sport lol..I'm a chess player

i understand that but da t/s is dretox loll
  • Supreme_Mind999
    edited April 2011
    Options
    JadaRoss wrote: »
    so you saying,you will play Nas's it was written right now over rick ross's Teflon don album???

I'm a light skinned puerto rican nubian wearing a kufi and apart of a black power movement rapping about pyramids..ppl already look at me crazy lol..I don't give a ?
  • Presteezh
    Presteezh Members Posts: 486 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options

Being able to make an album like Distant Relatives makes him more of an Artist. Nas's subject matter makes him more of artist. If you wanna say one is a rapper/entertainer and other is an artist. You got it backwards.
  • Presteezh
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Which is why i prefer good Music>>>>>>>>>>>>>>MCing

Good Song Writting, Album making, Song Cfrating>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Mcing

Emotion, Lyricism, dope Hook's, Melodic Hook's, smooth Flow, Story Telling, passion, Word Play, dope Production>>>>>>>>>>>>>Mcing

I don't wanna hear Wu Tang, Nas, Asher Roth, Joe Budden etc cypher outside a dusty NY project

I wanna hear good Music good quality crafted Music with emotion

Go listen to Distant Relatives and tell me which artist is more thought provoking and which is just trying to make you bob ur head
  • Supreme_Mind999
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Ross is a good entertainer

Nas has more pure skill

Different artists, two different eras in time

/ thread....Comparing these two was stupid in the first place
  • H-Rap 180
    edited April 2011
    Options

Rick Ross will tell you himself that he's not a better M.C. than Nas, and I dont think he's trying to be.

Two different artists from two different regions, from different eras who have two different styles, Nas solo-debut was 1994 and Ross solo-debut was 2006.

Comparing a lyrical legend with any new-school rapper is just thread-fodder.

Nas and Ross didnt even entertain the thought, they just went in the studio and made a track for us.
  • Rhymesfinest
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Does Ross play instruments or makes beats? lol...Post up a ill verse from ross

No but he has a good ear for Beat selection million times superior at picking Beat's than Nas

Like i said on face Rick Ross is not an Artist he doesnt do Hook's and gets features for Hook's more than anyone every album almost every song has a featureed Singer who Wrote and performed the Hook, his content isn't all that diverse mostly Rap's about trapping and materalism, doesnt have a whole load of introperspective emotional Song's

He just Rap's Verses but and it's a big but he manages to make quality albums

people like Kanye West, Eminem, DJ Quik, Bobby Ray, Kid Cudi are what you call Artists they Write, make Beat's, some of them Sing Hook's, they Write Chart Hit's, etc
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    dumb thread. DreTox drop those nudes or ? ...............
  • Presteezh
    edited April 2011
    Options
    JadaRoss wrote: »

You damn right if I played If I ruled the world out the whip right now I would turn more heads than any Rick Ross song, You'd see ? starting reciting verses immediately.
  • Supreme_Mind999
    edited April 2011
    Options
    H-Rap 180 wrote: »
    Rick Ross will tell you himself that he's not a better M.C. than Nas, and I dont think he's trying to be.

Two different artists from two different regions, from different eras who have two different styles, Nas solo-debut was 1994 and Ross solo-debut was 2006.

Comparing a lyrical legend with any new-school rapper is just thread-fodder.

Nas and Ross didnt even entertain the thought, they just went in the studio and made a track for us.

/thread...thats what I'm saying..Two different eras in time..Nas comes from a school that you had to be super lyrical to even be respected in hip hop...Ross isn't from that era...
  • Rhymesfinest
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I weigh up and who is an Artist based on

Writting as far as different content
    Emotion
    Performing/Singing/Writing most of your Hook's
    Making Hit's
    Having Melody
    Being a great Lyricist

Neither Rick Ross and Nas are that Artistic both are more Rappers who get features for Hook's alot, don't have much Melody them self etc but where as Nas has deeper song's Rick Ross has better album making ability
  • Kame
    Kame Members Posts: 24,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I weigh up and who is an Artist based on

Writting as far as different content
    Emotion
    Performing/Singing/Writing most of your Hook's
    Making Hit's
    Having Melody
    Being a great Lyricist

Neither Rick Ross and Nas are that Artistic both are more Rappers who get features for Hook's alot, don't have much Melody them self etc but where as Nas has deeper song's Rick Ross has better album making ability

Classic Shady post..... new posters dont know
  • H-Rap 180
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Ross is a good entertainer

Nas has more pure skill

Different artists, two different eras in time

/ thread....Comparing these two was stupid in the first place

Nothing wrong with her comparing two albums...her opinion dosent surprise me.

Women in general are social creatures and they typically prefer "party-music" over the more cerebral "lyrical" music.

Ross music gets burn in the clubs, radios, strip-joints, and other social settings were people congregate so its only natural that people 25 and under would prefer today's "Teflon Don" to "It was Written" since "it was written" is 15 years and they would have been around 10 years old when it dropped and unable to fully appreciate its impact for that time period.