Mumo X wrote: »
    lol fam! I dint knw.

yeah itz shadyteam so therr is no need 2 get work;d up fam lollll
  • Rhymesfinest
    Rhymesfinest Members Posts: 1,892 ✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    hnic1978 wrote: »
    I'm not the greatest at math but based off ur thread, u are saying Teflon Don is a 10.......Is that true???

IWW = 9/10 Teflon Don = 9.5/10

Port Of Miami = 9/10
    Trilla 9/10
    Deeper Than Rap = 9.5/10
    Teflon Don = 9.5/10

Ross has only ever released near classics not quite there with that universal all out classic but really close

Like i said Nas puts words together better but Ross is better with Word Play, Rhyme Schemes, Delivery and Flow neither do Hook's them self much but Rick Ross is better at Witing and performing Hook's/Chroruses and has more emotion in his Music
  • bigrizz
    bigrizz Members Posts: 4,369 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I like how ross has gotten better, but he's just not ? with Nasir.....hes just an overall better MC and has way more creativity and subject matter.
  • Rhymesfinest
    edited April 2011
    Options
    ? hiphop. Thz culture is full of fickle fans. That ? is disrespectful. Comparin Ross to Nas is a sin.

Nas is a lyrical deity. No one in the 90s wuz touchn him.

If i ruled the world>>>>>Ross existence. And its plain stupid to say tears of joy is better than ny state of mind.

Rick Ross Song for Song>>>>>>>>Nas

What would 'If I Ruled The World' be with out Lauryn Hill's Hook that she Wrote and Sung? nothing but an average song
  • H-Rap 180
    H-Rap 180 Members Posts: 15,452 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    ? hiphop. Thz culture is full of fickle fans. That ? is disrespectful. Comparin Ross to Nas is a sin.

Nas is a lyrical deity. No one in the 90s wuz touchn him.

If i ruled the world>>>>>Ross existence. And its plain stupid to say tears of joy is better than ny state of mind.

Rick Ross a.k.a "Richie Rose-Petals"...

...has gone on record to say that one of his inspirations was none other than Nassir Jones was one of his influences and that he wished Nas could have been with him when he went to the Motherland to perform "Usual Suspects".

His shows in Nigeria, Angola & Ghana were marvelous according to reports.

rickross2.jpg

Amen
  • bigrizz
    bigrizz Members Posts: 4,369 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options

Port Of Miami = 9/10
    Trilla 9/10
    Deeper Than Rap = 9.5/10
    Teflon Don = 9.5/10

Ross has only ever released near classics not quite there with that universal all out classic but really close

Like i said Nas puts words together better but Ross is better with Word Play, Rhyme Schemes, Delivery and Flow neither do Hook's them self much but Rick Ross is better at Witing and performing Hook's/Chroruses and has more emotion in his Music

Damn, you work for that ? ? You are the ONLY person including Ross that thinks port of miami is a 9/10 album...

Trilla is better than Teflon don.

Ive never seen a hip hop fan call any ross album classic
  • Rhymesfinest
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Nas is a good Rapper but Rick Ross is a better Song Writer, Album maker, entertainer, Hit Maker and overall Song Crafter as far as Emotion, Content, Word Play, Hook's, ear for Beat's and Flower
  • hnic1978
    hnic1978 Members Posts: 3,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options

Port Of Miami = 9/10
    Trilla 9/10
    Deeper Than Rap = 9.5/10
    Teflon Don = 9.5/10

AWWW HELL NAW!!!!! Ross's first four albums were not that great. Granted good albums but and i would give his best album an 8 but not no ? 9.
  • Rhymesfinest
    edited April 2011
    Options
    hnic1978 wrote: »
    AWWW HELL NAW!!!!! Ross's first four albums were not that great. Granted good albums but and i would give his best album an 8 but not no ? 9.

I can listen to all Ross albums from start to finish with out skipping a track pretty much and listen to all his albums on a regular basis and enjoy them for much

Can't say the same for any Nas album period
  • Supreme_Mind999
    Supreme_Mind999 Members Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    who is thz dude rymesfinest? Smh

it is sacrilegous/blasphemous to compare any Ross album to any Nas album.

IWW ? on Teflon Don. It aint even funny. IWW came out in 96 and it still gets alotta spins from hiphop heads. IWW is a definitive Classic. It influenced Lupe to get in the game, its RZA's favorite Nas album, Saigon has is as one of the best album of the 90s, Pac got the 'Me and my girlfriend' concept from IWW.

I dare anyone to tel me if they has been a creative,powerful hiphop song as 'I gave you power' since 96?

what has been Teflon Dons impact in the game? Lol. Yall gotta be ? kiddin me. Whoz gonna bump TD 15 years later?

The Message
    I gave you power
    if i ruled the world
    affirmative action
    take in blood
    silent murder
    shootouts
    live ? rap
    black gal lost

all these be classics. Nas is the 90s wuz untouchable lyrically. Only Gza or Prodigy could match him. TD is jus an average album.

take it in blood,live ? rap,and I gave you power>teflon don
  • Jr523
    Jr523 Members Posts: 829 ✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Nas is a good Rapper but Rick Ross is a better Song Writer, Album maker, entertainer, Hit Maker and overall Song Crafter as far as Emotion, Content, Word Play, Hook's, ear for Beat's and Flower

Smh at this poll even being created. Ross is an average rapper with nice production.
  • Presteezh
    Presteezh Members Posts: 486 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options

You gotta be kidding... Bolded is just plain false not even arguable
  • hnic1978
    edited April 2011
    Options
    You know what Rhymefest lets go track for track and lets see what people say so i'm gonna give a tough one out the gate........please find me a rick ross song on teflon don better than the message and just in case u forgot here something to refresh ur mind
    [video]http://youtu.be/A0UEuW_cx1c[/video]
  • Presteezh
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I can listen to all Ross albums from start to finish with out skipping a track pretty much and listen to all his albums on a regular basis and enjoy them for much

Can't say the same for any Nas album period

then ? ur not a NaS fan you can stop lying about it now
  • talik23
    talik23 Members Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    lmao @ nas winning in the votes by a large margin. this ? had the nerve to compare a ross album to "it was written". LMAO @ none of ross albums are better than "it was written".

ghostfacekillahcmonson.jpg
  • Supreme_Mind999
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I respect ross's hustle but he's not a good lyricist to me
  • Rhymesfinest
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Word Play Rick Ross>>>>>>>>>>>>Nas

Writting and performing Hook's/Chroruse Rick Ross>>>>>>>>>>>>Nas

Ear for electing Singers to feature on the song and perform the Chrorus Rick Ross>>>>>>>>>>>Nas

Beat selection Rick Ross>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Nas (by a million miles lol)

Cadence Rick Ross>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Nas

Rhyme Schemes Rick Ross>>>>>>>>>>>>>Nas

Flow Rick Ross>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Nas

Lyrically Illmatic>>>>>>>>Any Ross Album

Musically, replay value wise, Artistically,entertainment wise and Song for Song Port Of Miami, Trilla, Deeper Than Rap, Teflon Don>>>>>>>>>>Any Nas album
  • nyst8ofmin
    nyst8ofmin Members Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    the general consensus is clear yet ryhmesfinest will keep telling us that we are all wrong.
  • darkrain
    darkrain Members Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Ban this fool.

It Was Written>>>>>Rick Ross Career.
  • Rhymesfinest
    edited April 2011
    Options
    This isnt about Rapping ability

This is about who makes the better Music, Album's, Songs and crafts Song's better and Rick Ross is superior in all those to Nas

Even some aspects of Rapping ability like Word Play, Cadence, Delivery, Hook's, Flow etc Ross is better
  • rapmastermind
    rapmastermind Members Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    LOL, 1st and foremost. "It Was Written" has been certified Double Platinum and has sold 4 Million copies worldwide. That would mean that single album has outsold Ross's entire Career. "Street Dreams" is also a Gold Single. All 3 Ross Singles from "Teflon Don", "BMF, Superfly and Aston Martin Music", though all great singles, failed to do that great on the Charts. NaS's singles all did very well and are better songs, "If I ruled the World, Street Dreams, Street Dreams Remix and The Message". Lyrically it's not even a debate, NaS was lazer sharp on "I.W.W.", Ross is really not that impressive lyrically. A lot of the time his songs sound to similar and don't form a distinctive identity. "B.M.F. and MC Hammer" sound like the same song, not just cause of the production but because of Ross also. "Teflon Don" was also way more callabo heavy, NaS showed he could handle his LP basically dolo with only a few features on the LP.

Production, both LP's are good but "I.W.W." had L.E.S., Havoc, Dre. Dre, Live Squard, Premo, Trackmasters. "Teflon Don" had great production but I'd put "I.W.W." over it based on the Legendary producers that were featured. Yes "ILLmatic" caused a huge shadow over this LP but it's now about to be 15 years later. Time has verified and certified that it's a sick album. To most NaS fans it's a Classic, to me it's a strong 4.5 MICS but it's definitely one of NaS's top LP's. There is really nothing Ross album had that NaS didn't. "Teflon Don" is 1 years old and people still enjoy it. "I.W.W." is 15 years old and people talk about where they were when this dropped. This ist he LP that made NaS a household name. It's a clear choice. Also a song that was only on the international version and cassette version ? on any song on "Telfon Don". Yes, "Silent Murda" is better than any song on that LP. But the Best Songs from "I.W.W." are way better than the Best from "Teflon Don".
  • hnic1978
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Word Play Rick Ross>>>>>>>>>>>>Nas

Writting and performing Hook's/Chroruse Rick Ross>>>>>>>>>>>>Nas

Ear for electing Singers to feature on the song and perform the Chrorus Rick Ross>>>>>>>>>>>Nas

Beat selection Rick Ross>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Nas (by a million miles lol)

Cadence Rick Ross>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Nas

Rhyme Schemes Rick Ross>>>>>>>>>>>>>Nas

Flow Rick Ross>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Nas

Lyrically Illmatic>>>>>>>>Any Ross Album

Musically, replay value wise, Artistically,entertainment wise and Song for Song Port Of Miami, Trilla, Deeper Than Rap, Teflon Don>>>>>>>>>>Any Nas album

u know what the funniest part about this post is some of the illest hip hop beats i have ever heard were Nas songs
  • Supreme_Mind999
    edited April 2011
    Options
    It was written was a game changer..Teflon don had some heat on it but IWW was remarkable,it influenced so many mcs its ridiculous...Ross never had a album with that kind of impact...Ross albums are like good microwave dinners,good but not filling..

You can't imagine how I felt when I heard tears of joy and this cat ross didn't smash that beautiful beat..I was like WTF?!!!
  • CJ
    CJ Members Posts: 15,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    didn't even read the thread but knew this is shadyteam/dretox by the thread title
  • Presteezh
    edited April 2011
    Options
    This isnt about Rapping ability

This is about who makes the better MUsic, Album's, Songs and crafts Song's better and Rick Ross is superior in all those to Nas

Even some aspects of Rapping ability like Word Play, Cadence, Delivery, Hook's, Flow etc Ross is better

All those you are judging by IWW>> TD easy