Options

Comments

• gee757
    gee757 Members Posts: 26,374
    edited April 2011
    Options
    H-Rap 180 wrote: »

Rick Ross a.k.a "Richie Rose-Petals"...

...has gone on record to say that one of his inspirations was none other than Nassir Jones was one of his influences and that he wished Nas could have been with him when he went to the Motherland to perform "Usual Suspects".

His shows in Nigeria, Angola & Ghana were marvelous according to reports.

rickross2.jpg

Amen

hallelujah....rozay can go 2 da motherland & get love wit out gettin his chain snatch;d like a muunkee
  • Mumo X
    Mumo X Banned Users Posts: 4,521 ✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    It was written was a game changer..Teflon don had some heat on it but IWW was remarkable,it influenced so many mcs its ridiculous...Ross never had a album with that kind of impact...Ross albums are like good microwave dinners,good but not filling..

You can't imagine how I felt when I heard tears of joy and this cat ross didn't smash that beautiful beat..I was like WTF?!!!

tabernacle!!!! Preach brother
  • JadaRoss
    JadaRoss Members Posts: 6,791 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    so sad people dont want to give Ross his props
  • Supreme_Mind999
    Supreme_Mind999 Members Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    This isnt about Rapping ability

This is about who makes the better MUsic, Album's, Songs and crafts Song's better and Rick Ross is superior in all those to Nas

Even some aspects of Rapping ability like Word Play, Cadence, Delivery, Hook's, Flow etc Ross is better

Yo don't pass that ? you smoking...lol..that ? worse than ? ..Wordplay? no this ? didn't just say ross got better wordplay than nas...Ross wordplay be breastfeeding compared to nas'..Sure Ross may have greater charisma,hooks,and charm on the mic but he can't ? with nas conceptually...

Have you heard john doe and 9 piece? them ? were so garbage I started laughing hearing them...selling blow off the iphone? lol..No you ain't ? stop lying feds tracking people thru phones using microchips..People these days are non thinkers

There he go thhhhhhhaaaaaatssss john Doe!!! I be ballin like I'm bo dilley...LMAO! Get the ? outta here
  • Smurfjuice
    Smurfjuice Members Posts: 84
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Comparing A Ross album to a Nas album?!?!

It's just not right.
  • Rhymesfinest
    Rhymesfinest Members Posts: 1,892 ✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    If Rick Ross from New York City he would be rated like a legend alreadylike a Biggie Smalls, Kool G Rap, Ghostfaceetc

If Nas was from Miami he would be looked like a Rapping ass Rapper with a weak catalouge that makes boring bland Music like a Dead Prez, Asher Roth, Royce, Brother Ali etc poor Beat's, no Hook ability, no Melody, no Flow, no Delivery, no Hit Making ability, no Club bangers/party song's, no charisma

Nas = J Cole = Brother Ali = Asher Roth = Murs

Rick Ross = Biggie Smalls = Kool G Rap = T.I. = Young Jeezy
  • Mumo X
    edited April 2011
    Options
    gee757 wrote: »
    hallelujah....rozay can go 2 da motherland & get love wit out gettin his chain snatch;d like a muunkee

lol! When Ross came to Cape Town it wuz all luv. I wuz surprised. That snitch/buffoon 50 wuz robbed.
  • FyHunnit
    FyHunnit Members, Writer Posts: 9,699 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    LOL, 1st and foremost. "It Was Written" has been certified Double Platinum and has sold 4 Million copies worldwide. That would mean that single album has outsold Ross's entire Career. "Street Dreams" is also a Gold Single. All 3 Ross Singles from "Teflon Don", "BMF, Superfly and Aston Martin Music", though all great singles, failed to do that great on the Charts. NaS's singles all did very well and are better songs, "If I ruled the World, Street Dreams, Street Dreams Remix and The Message". Lyrically it's not even a debate, NaS was lazer sharp on "I.W.W.", Ross is really not that impressive lyrically. A lot of the time his songs sound to similar and don't form a distinctive identity. "B.M.F. and MC Hammer" sound like the same song, not just cause of the production but because of Ross also. "Teflon Don" was also way more callabo heavy, NaS showed he could handle his LP basically dolo with only a few features on the LP.

Production, both LP's are good but "I.W.W." had L.E.S., Havoc, Dre. Dre, Live Squard, Premo, Trackmasters. "Teflon Don" had great production but I'd put "I.W.W." over it based on the Legendary producers that were featured. Yes "ILLmatic" caused a huge shadow over this LP but it's now about to be 15 years later. Time has verified and certified that it's a sick album. To most NaS fans it's a Classic, to me it's a strong 4.5 MICS but it's definitely one of NaS's top LP's. There is really nothing Ross album had that NaS didn't. "Teflon Don" is 1 years old and people still enjoy it. "I.W.W." is 15 years old and people talk about where they were when this dropped. This ist he LP that made NaS a household name. It's a clear choice. Also a song that was only on the international version and cassette version ? on any song on "Telfon Don". Yes, "Silent Murda" is better than any song on that LP. But the Best Songs from "I.W.W." are way better than the Best from "Teflon Don".

the Mastermind has posted.
    IWW > TD
    /thread
  • darkrain
    darkrain Members Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    lol, 1st and foremost. "it was written" has been certified double platinum and has sold 4 million copies worldwide. That would mean that single album has outsold ross's entire career. "street dreams" is also a gold single. All 3 ross singles from "teflon don", "bmf, superfly and aston martin music", though all great singles, failed to do that great on the charts. Nas's singles all did very well and are better songs, "if i ruled the world, street dreams, street dreams remix and the message". Lyrically it's not even a debate, nas was lazer sharp on "i.w.w.", ross is really not that impressive lyrically. A lot of the time his songs sound to similar and don't form a distinctive identity. "b.m.f. And mc hammer" sound like the same song, not just cause of the production but because of ross also. "teflon don" was also way more callabo heavy, nas showed he could handle his lp basically dolo with only a few features on the lp.

Production, both lp's are good but "i.w.w." had l.e.s., havoc, dre. Dre, live squard, premo, trackmasters. "teflon don" had great production but i'd put "i.w.w." over it based on the legendary producers that were featured. Yes "illmatic" caused a huge shadow over this lp but it's now about to be 15 years later. Time has verified and certified that it's a sick album. To most nas fans it's a classic, to me it's a strong 4.5 mics but it's definitely one of nas's top lp's. There is really nothing ross album had that nas didn't. "teflon don" is 1 years old and people still enjoy it. "i.w.w." is 15 years old and people talk about where they were when this dropped. This ist he lp that made nas a household name. It's a clear choice. Also a song that was only on the international version and cassette version ? on any song on "telfon don". Yes, "silent murda" is better than any song on that lp. But the best songs from "i.w.w." are way better than the best from "teflon don".

thank you!
  • Mumo X
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Yo don't pass that ? you smoking...lol..that ? worse than ? ..Wordplay? no this ? didn't just say ross got better wordplay than nas...Ross wordplay be breastfeeding compared to nas'..Sure Ross may have greater charisma,hooks,and charm on the mic but he can't ? with nas conceptually...

Have you heard john doe and 9 piece? them ? were so garbage I started laughing hearing them...selling blow off the iphone? lol..No you ain't ? stop lying feds tracking people thru phones using microchips..People these days are non thinkers

There he go thhhhhhhaaaaaatssss john Doe!!! I be ballin like I'm bo dilley...LMAO! Get the ? outta here

supreme is back wit
    a bang. Hallelujah!
  • hnic1978
    hnic1978 Members Posts: 3,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    JadaRoss wrote: »
    so sad people dont want to give Ross his props

Its not about giving ross his props. IMO Ross has progressed greatly from POM to TD. Ross is a very talented dude and does have some classic tracks to boot (anybody that doesn't thing Magnificent isn't a classic track I WILL FIGHT U!!!!) but there is no way in HELL TD is touching even one song off IWW........Hell even the hidden song off IWW is better than TD
  • Supreme_Mind999
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Whoa!!!

MJG ? I got eightballsss=Lyrical genius....Tell Nas watch out lol
  • Rhymesfinest
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I can't stand Rapping ass Rappers that make boring Music Nas has some dope Song's but his Music is boring

the best Artists have a package of Emotion, deep content, dope Lyricism, Melodic Hook's, catchy Hook's, dope Flow, dope Beat's, charisma, different variety as far as content, Melody as far as Flow
  • TRILLip Brooks
    TRILLip Brooks Members Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    well shadyteam threads always do number and most ? don't even realize this is shadyteam
  • Supreme_Mind999
    edited April 2011
    Options
    hnic1978 wrote: »
    Its not about giving ross his props. IMO Ross has progressed greatly from POM to TD. Ross is a very talented dude and does have some classic tracks to boot (anybody that doesn't thing Magnificent isn't a classic track I WILL FIGHT U!!!!) but there is no way in HELL TD is touching even one song off IWW........Hell even the hidden song off IWW is better than TD

Yeah Magnificent is sick...that beat is ridiculous...but still IWW>Ross
  • Mumo X
    edited April 2011
    Options
    imILL wrote: »
    IWW > TD
    /thread

yes indeed!!
  • gee757
    gee757 Members Posts: 26,374
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Mumo X wrote: »
    lol! When Ross came to Cape Town it wuz all luv. I wuz surprised. That snitch/buffoon 50 wuz robbed.

yeah cuz blk folk got love fa rozay unlike da muuunkee but again fam da t/s is dretox therr is no need 2 get work;d up...we all know these 2 albumz is nuttin alike & u really cant compare da 2 imo
  • Supreme_Mind999
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I can't stand Rapping ass Rappers that make boring Music Nas has some dope Song's but his Music is boring

the best Artists have a package of Emotion, deep content, dope Lyricism, Melodic, catchy Hook's, dope Flow, dope Beat's, charisma, different variety as far as content, Melody as far as Flow

You yelling in a empty room cuzzo..nobody feeling your logic...yeah yeah tell ross to make timeless music then we can talk cuz john doe,600 benz and 9 piece ain't doin it
  • nyst8ofmin
    nyst8ofmin Members Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    If Rick Ross from New York City he would be rated like a legend alreadylike a Biggie Smalls, Kool G Rap, Ghostfaceetc

If Nas was from Miami he would be looked like a Rapping ass Rapper with a weak catalouge that makes boring bland Music like a Dead Prez, Asher Roth, Royce, Brother Ali etc poor Beat's, no Hook ability, no Melody, no Flow, no Delivery, no Hit Making ability, no Club bangers/party song's, no charisma

Nas = J Cole = Brother Ali = Asher Roth = Murs

Rick Ross = Biggie Smalls = Kool G Rap = T.I. = Young Jeezy

you are OBVIOUSLY so far removed from hip hop culture. its blatantly obvious.
    how would you rate eminem's recovery against nas' worst album (i am)???

at what point are you gonna accept opinion as opinion?
  • Rhymesfinest
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Rick Ross doesnt prform 90% of his Hook's he gets a feature on almost every song on his album for a Hook but he has a ability to pick good features who will perform and Write a quality Hook for him

Nas is similar as far as getting for Hook's on a lotta songs but his features aren't as good as Ross

Nas is regarded to have the worst ear for Production in Hip Hop history arguably while Ross is regarded to have one of the best Beat selection in history

In the mechnical sense Ross isnt much of an Artist you would say he fills his albums up with features for Hook's, uses big name Producers, content can be the same on most Song's, isn't all that introperspective

But he can craft a Song with his Verses over a top notch featured Singer doing the Hook over great Production
  • pop duke
    pop duke Members Posts: 375
    edited April 2011
    Options
    @ imIll,where did you find that pic of Nas & Jeezy?
    imILL wrote: »
    IWW > TD
    /thread
  • Supreme_Mind999
    edited April 2011
    Options
    He be ballin like he bo dilley!...Oooooooooooooooooooooooo ? rewind that ? !!!..that ? go hard shawty!!! lol

Ross> hip hop
  • Mumo X
    edited April 2011
    Options
    H-Rap 180 wrote: »

Rick Ross a.k.a "Richie Rose-Petals"...

...has gone on record to say that one of his inspirations was none other than Nassir Jones was one of his influences and that he wished Nas could have been with him when he went to the Motherland to perform "Usual Suspects".

His shows in Nigeria, Angola & Ghana were marvelous according to reports.

rickross2.jpg

Amen

waddup H-Rap!

Ross rockd the motherland. It wuz all luv.
  • Mumo X
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Rick Ross Song for Song>>>>>>>>Nas

What would 'If I Ruled The World' be with out Lauryn Hill's Hook that she Wrote and Sung? nothing but an average song

shady, yall play schalke tommorrow.
  • Rhymesfinest
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Mumo X wrote: »
    shady, yall play schalke tommorrow.

I know! lol