Carmelo>>>Lebron

Options

Comments

• mike06
    mike06 Members Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    ghost! wrote: »
    I use to think that, but kobe doesn't pass or even grasp the understanding of pass like lebron, nor does he put up rebounding numbers....how many triple doubles have u seen kobe put up....that's why i say lebron now....i dont care about the jump shot..i bet u still dont leave him open at the end of the game cuz he can shoot it, pass it or drive it...and he is phyiscally bigger..he shouldnt be able to do what he does the court with his size...lebron.

C'MON SON!!...doesn't "grasp" the understanding of the pass?....lmaooooo

and Kobe is just as skilled at getting a TD anytime he wants he simply chooses not too....no need to get double digit rebounds when i have 3 7 footers on the floor wit me...THATS THEIR JOB...no need to dish out 10 dimes when the PG can do that easily by giving the ball to me....lmao!!...im not saying this logic is the best logic out there but why do i need to get 10 boards when i got Gasol,Odom and Bynum for that......Lebron has Shaq who is a load and should be able to pull down 10 boards easy as well as Varejo who does nothing but rebound...why does he feel he has to grab EVERY rebound, make EVERY pass.....especially when most of them time he really doesn't have to...i'll take Melo's 40,8, & 7 all day over Lebron's TD cuz if you noticed Bron got tired and missed his last three shots...Melo still had some juice to seal the deal and win the game
  • G.R.I.P. Money $$$
    G.R.I.P. Money $$$ Members Posts: 18,939 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    nice game between #1 and # 3 in the league....
  • mike06
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Um clevelands offense is like this.. the pg dribbles the ball halfway to half court.. lebron takes the ball dribbles for 19 seconds.. passes to Varejao..Vajerao passes back.. and lebron either drives or kicks it cross court to the open corner 3.

He has the ball all of the time.. the PG doesnt really get to play PG.. thats why he is in position to get so many assists.

Kobe doesnt pass... Triple doubles dont win games.. results.. win games.. Like i said damn the stats look at the video tape.. And kobe can hit hte boards when he wants to... but wtih 3 ppl near 7 feet.. its pretty hard .. and being only 6'6 215.. to 6'9 260 is a world of difference in getting rebounds..

Anyway.. look at the video tape.

co-sign...put kobe in an offense BUILT AROUND HIM(which the Triangle is not, it's suited for players in the post) and he'd prolly average a triple double for the season
  • ghost!
    ghost! Members Posts: 7,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    sTaY_TrUe wrote: »
    ? Lebron might be the 3rd best players in the league. ? too fascinated with his occasional blocks, high flying dunks and and 1's. That ? is a beast no doubt, the most talented player in the league but not the best that's easily Kobe and its not close. Lebron is his entire team he has to post those stats for them to be close in a game. Let lebron score less than 10 points, they won't win that game.

TRIPLE DOUBLES do u get that....a 6 ' 8" forward that handles the ball like a point guard and passes the ball like a point guard..can take you outside and can drive to the basketball with pure strength....see passing is apart of the game too...making ur teammates better like bird, magic and jordan did...rebounding is too....like rodman did..those are all parts of the game that lebron excels at..how many triple doubles does kobe have now..??
  • ghost!
    edited February 2010
    Options
    mike06 wrote: »
    C'MON SON!!...doesn't "grasp" the understanding of the pass?....lmaooooo

and Kobe is just as skilled at getting a TD anytime he wants he simply chooses not too....no need to get double digit rebounds when i have 3 7 footers on the floor wit me...THATS THEIR JOB...no need to dish out 10 dimes when the PG can do that easily by giving the ball to me....lmao!!...im not saying this logic is the best logic out there but why do i need to get 10 boards when i got Gasol,Odom and Bynum for that......Lebron has Shaq who is a load and should be able to pull down 10 boards easy as well as Varejo who does nothing but rebound...why does he feel he has to grab EVERY rebound, make EVERY pass.....especially when most of them time he really doesn't have to...i'll take Melo's 40,8, & 7 all day over Lebron's TD cuz if you noticed Bron got tired and missed his last three shots...Melo still had some juice to seal the deal and win the game

Bird Magic and jordan would laugh their ? off at your logic

and in the triangle offense the pg guard is not the feature...ask pippen and mike when they were running it

and kobe wasn't doing ish for rebounding or passing before the had all those 7 footers....plz stop

lebron can do more then kobe does..and he has a few 7 footers now.....adn when ur above 6' 6" u should be rebounding..hell jason kidd is 6' 4" and he had way more triple doubles then kobe has...
  • G.R.I.P. Money $$$
    G.R.I.P. Money $$$ Members Posts: 18,939 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    lol @ kobe would avg a triple double...be real ? , no matter what kobe AINT passin dat ball ten times..and he WILL shoot his regular 5 for 6845
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options

and in the triangle offense the pg guard is not the feature...ask pippen and mike when they were running it

and kobe wasn't doing ish for rebounding or passing before the had all those 7 footers....plz stop

lebron can do more then kobe does..and he has a few 7 footers now.....adn when ur above 6' 6" u should be rebounding..hell jason kidd is 6' 4" and he had way more triple doubles then kobe has...

Jason kid is a point guard.. Kobe is an assassin.. for the record kobe has 16 triple doubles.. check the display case though and check the video tape.
  • ghost!
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Jason kid is a point guard.. Kobe is an assassin.. for the record kobe has 16 triple doubles.. check the display case though and check the video tape.

that logic makes sense...kid a point guard kobe is assassin?? what??? point guards are not suppose to rebound--that's not their goal...and we are not talking about the success of a player (who didnt win championships w/o major help)

were talking about the overall player and what they do on the court..there is a difference..
  • ghost!
    edited February 2010
    Options
    wrote:
    Tommy bilfiger;221182]HAHAHA 16 triple doubles in 14 years being compared to 22 in 6.MJ had 29 in his 14 years.

QUOTE]

thank you my dude! Tell em!
  • sTaY_TrUe
    sTaY_TrUe Members Posts: 4,189 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Lebron stans are going to be pretty upset when the playoff roll around. They are a great regular season team but he still doesn't have enough to win a ship this year. Its going to be funny again. watch and see
  • ghost!
    edited February 2010
    Options
    sTaY_TrUe wrote: »
    Lebron stans are going to be pretty upset when the playoff roll around. They are a great regular season team but he still doesn't have enough to win a ship this year. Its going to be funny again. watch and see

i love this...instead of going the route of actually debating and given facts u hit us with the "stan" line...what does making the playoffs have to do with this...we are talking about player for player..not what team advances further..
  • mike06
    edited February 2010
    Options

ur reading skills suck dude....i never said that logic was my own...i even stated it wasnt the best logic out there

what was the PG reference for?

and Kobe has 16 career TD's...so he was getting them with Shaq on his team downlow...what's ur point there?

why are you acting like Kobe avgs 0 rebounds a season? again Kobe has 3 7 footers down low...why does he have to get 10 rebounds himself?...to prove he's better than lebron?....lol.....he has 2 decent PG's and a 7 footer who not only can get 10 rebounds but can also handle and pass the ball like a PG who prolly "grasp" the understanding of the pass(lmaooooo!!) better than he does so why does he have to get 10 dimes himself?...to prove he's better than lebron?

im not gonna debate kobe vs. lebron cuz thats another topic....this is about melo vs. lebron and you asked who can get TD's like lebron and Kobe IF HE WANTED TO can do just that
  • sTaY_TrUe
    edited February 2010
    Options
    i love this...instead of going the route of actually debating and given facts u hit us with the "stan" line...what does making the playoffs have to do with this...we are talking about player for player..not what team advances further..

not everyone is a stan but here are plenty in this forum. But there is no need to go into detail because the playoffs show who has the best team so all this will play out.
  • sTaY_TrUe
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I disagree this year cavs are built for the playoffs they can match up with any team now.They brought shaq in just for the playoffs he's old and all that but he still gets double teamed on that block I cant see the cavs losin this year jamison will help them out tremendously.

I think shaq won't help that much in the playoffs, I think he just gonna slow em down when a team start running on em. I think the celtics and orlando will be tough for them to beat. But maybe it is his year to make the finals again. We will see. But I def. don't see them winning unless they aren't playing the Lakers.
  • ghost!
    edited February 2010
    Options
    ur reading skills suck dude....i never said that logic was my own...i even stated it wasnt the best logic out there

"it wasn't the best logic" emm doesn't that mean it was a logical statement never the less..u tell me sense my reading skillz aren't good according to you...
    what was the PG reference for?

and Kobe has 16 career TD's...so he was getting them with Shaq on his team downlow...what's ur point there?

the point guard ref. was jason kidd is 6'4 and as a point guard put up more TD's then a 6'8" shooting guard..if we are taking about the nature of the position...that's not a point guards role...and "tommy" just named jordan, kidd and lebron who have all put up more TD's then kobe..we are talking about what player does more on the court..my many point to why i say lebron is better then everyone in the league...lets not forget u were the one who brought up kobe in the first place..

and i'm not saying kobe never post any rebounding numbers..i'm saying lebron does more then kobe and melo....u youngings get wrapped up in scoring and how it looks more then other aspects of the game...

UR TURN??
  • MillzOG
    MillzOG Members, Moderators Posts: 14,508 Regulator
    edited February 2010
    Options
    smh @ this goin from Carmelo vs Lebron to Lebron vs kobe

so i'll just put it out there again....offensively, no one is ? with Melo....but rite now the best all around player in the league is Lebron
  • mike06
    edited February 2010
    Options
    "it wasn't the best logic" emm doesn't that mean it was a logical statement never the less..u tell me sense my reading skillz aren't good according to you...

the point guard ref. was jason kidd is 6'4 and as a point guard put up more TD's then a 6'8" shooting guard..if we are taking about the natural of the position...that's not a point guards role...and "tommy" just named jordan, kidd and lebron who have all put up more TD's then kobe..we are talking about what player does more on the court..my many point to why i say lebron is better then everyone in the league...lets not forget u were the one who brought up kobe in the first place..

and i'm not saying kobe never post any rebounding numbers..i'm saying lebron does more then kobe and melo....u youngings get wrapped up in scoring and how it looks more then other aspects of the game...

UR TURN??

lmao!!...oooooook

-what was the PG reference in regard to the triangle about?
    -you asked a question and i answered it, now whether it's my logic or Kobe's logic or anyone else's i simply said it's not the best...take it how you want it....it makes logical sense to someone out there
    -my main point is Kobe doesn't have to do everything lebron does to succeed but that does not by any stretch mean he cant do it, i dont care what J.Kidd did or what position he played while doing it....my main point is if he wanted to post up a TD at the same pace as Lebron, he can and could've when he had shaq but simply chose not to....
    -Jkidd/Lebron=100 TD COMIBINED AND 0 RINGS.....LMAOO!!!
    -how old are you?...and what makes you think im young? (and pleeeeeeeease dont say b/c of my "illogical" posts cuz then your really showing your age...lmao)
    again this was about melo vs. lebron...
  • mike06
    edited February 2010
    Options
    smh @ this goin from Carmelo vs Lebron to Lebron vs kobe

so i'll just put it out there again....offensively, no one is ? with Melo....but rite now the best all around player in the league is Lebron

and that wasn't even my aim....i was just answering dude's question....
  • ghost!
    edited February 2010
    Options
    lmao!!...oooooook

-what was the PG reference in regard to the triangle about?
    -you asked a question and i answered it, now whether it's my logic or Kobe's logic or anyone else's i simply said it's not the best...take it how you want it....it makes logical sense to someone out there...

In the triangle offense the point guard is not the focus that's not where the assist comes from..it's from the bigger guards..i indicated that by saying Pippen and Jordan play'd point forwards and guards....so kobe not passing cuz there is a point guard to do that is b.s. and just like it's logic and it makes sense to anyone..then i have the right to comment on the statement, since u typed it; plan and simple..

-my main point is Kobe doesn't have to do everything lebron does to succeed but that does not by any stretch mean he cant do it, i dont care what J.Kidd did or what position he played while doing it....my main point is if he wanted to post up a TD at the same pace as Lebron, he can and could've when he had shaq but simply chose not to....
    -Jkidd/Lebron=100 TD COMIBINED AND 0 RINGS.....LMAOO!!!
    -how old are you?...and what makes you think im young? (and pleeeeeeeease dont say b/c of my "illogical" posts cuz then your really showing your age...lmao)
    again this was about melo vs. lebron...

again...we, I am talking about the player....winning rings does not mean ur better then the next player skill for skill means u have a better career...so robert horry is better then kobe now?? exactly my point..i said it already i said lebron is better cuz he can do more. Kobe not doing is nto the same as he can do it..if he can do it then why doesnt he..plz stop i'm dealing with facts...i dont wanna hear he can, but he doesn't somethign his coach phil jackson talks about alot about kobe..case in point..when kobe became the number one scorer in Laker history..phil jackson was quoted as saying "good now we can go back to playing team ball" thank you!

my point..lebron is better cuz he does more on the court..not cuz he has the ability to..cuz night in and night out he provides more thankx
  • ghost!
    edited February 2010
    Options
    and that wasn't even my aim....i was just answering dude's question....

u guys know how convo's go right..they start at one point and go into diff. sub convo's..u both do realize that right....smh
  • detcatinva
    detcatinva Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    In the triangle offense the point guard is not the focus that's not where the assist comes from..it's from the bigger guards..i indicated that by saying Pippen and Jordan play'd point forwards and guards....so kobe not passing cuz there is a point guard to do that is b.s. and just like it's logic and it makes sense to anyone..then i have the right to comment on the statement sense u typed it plan and simple..

again...we, I am talking about the player....winning rings does not mean ur better then the next player skill for skill means u have a better career...so robert horry is better then kobe now?? exactly my point..i said it already i said lebron is better cuz he can do more. Kobe not doing is nto the same as he can do it..if he can do it then why doesnt he..plz stop i'm dealing with facts...i dont wanna hear he can, but he doesn't somethign his coach phil jackson talks about alot about kobe..case in point..when kobe became the number one scorer in Laker history..phil jackson was quoted as saying "good now we can go back to playing team ball" thank you!

my point..lebron is better cuz he does more on the court..not cuz he has the ability to..cuz night in and night out he provides more thankx

kobe doesnt have to set everybody up as much as lebron does. With the triangle, kobe gets alot of those hockey assists. Where he psses to one guy, and then they kick it out to the next open guy for the jumper. The stats really doesnt say much, kobe average about 4.5 assists per game but the lakers lead the league in assists while lebron averages about 7 or 8 assists but the cavs are middle of the road team when it comes to assists. Why, the lakers have much better all around players and passers in Gasol, Odom and Arterst and the Cavs have only one passer really in Lebron
  • MillzOG
    MillzOG Members, Moderators Posts: 14,508 Regulator
    edited February 2010
    Options
    u guys know how convo's go right..they start at one point and go into diff. sub convo's..u both do realize that right....smh

yo fam...stop actin like a ?

every lebron conversation turns into lebron vs kobe, i pointed it out...and that ? is corny...point blank
  • mike06
    edited February 2010
    Options
    In the triangle offense the point guard is not the focus that's not where the assist comes from..it's from the bigger guards..i indicated that by saying Pippen and Jordan play'd point forwards and guards....so kobe not passing cuz there is a point guard to do that is b.s. and just like it's logic and it makes sense to anyone..then i have the right to comment on the statement, since u typed it; plan and simple..

lmao!!....oooooooooook

agree to disagree homie you have your "facts and logic" i have mine, but at the end of the day.....I STILL HAVE THE BIGGER ? ...LMAOOOOOOO!!(NO ATL)...
  • mike06
    edited February 2010
    Options

every lebron conversation turns into lebron vs kobe, i pointed it out...and that ? is corny...point blank

LMAOOO!!....yeah some people take this ? and themselves waaaaaaaay too seriously
  • ghost!
    edited February 2010
    Options

wow....ur cool cuz u can type that on the internet...