edited February 2010
    Options
    lol...you know how that goes

lol i shouldnt have even asked
  • ghost!
    ghost! Members Posts: 7,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Brady has also had better teams, you can say Manning has always had the better recievers which i can give you that (even though the past 4years the Pats have had better recievers than the Colts)....and like you said the SB is harder to win than the NBA championship, you need a complete team to do it and the Colts always have a glaring weakness everyyear....whether its run defense or running on offense and in the playoffs how do you win games?!...stopping the run, and running the ball

and brady got the playoff stats, but not by as much as Peyton has brady in the season stats and wins....and there is a big difference between having a better career, and bein the better player

brady got moss and others in 07 and only play'd 2 seasons with them...and in the end...the point is to win..and if u can't perform like u do in the reg. season in the playoffs, then what's the point?

and the ravens didn't have an offense when they won, this SB was no excuse for the colts...they had the best if not one of the best on both sides of the ball...peyton f' that up...

sorry for going into football...
  • ghost!
    edited February 2010
    Options
    His fault page 8..

ha ha do u not see me talking about melo in that post?

plus anyone with a 1/2 of bball mind knows..melo is not better then lebron.....and i'm a bigger fan of melo's then lebrons..but to me the same applies with all players..i rather have a player that gives you more then a player that just scores..
  • mike06
    mike06 Members Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    ? Shitman wrote: »
    lmao, now its on brady-manning???

who yall got, chamberlain or russell?

lmao Russell........
  • MillzOG
    MillzOG Members, Moderators Posts: 14,508 Regulator
    edited February 2010
    Options
    ghost! wrote: »
    brady got moss and others in 07 and only play'd 2 seasons with them...and in the end...the point is to win..and if u can't perform like u do in the reg. season in the playoffs, then what's the point?

and the ravens didn't have an offense when they won, this SB was no excuse for the colts...they had the best if not one of the best on both sides of the ball...peyton f' that up...

sorry for going into football...

ok so then forget i said 4seasons, make it 3 seasons.....and still even when Peyton puts up points (like he does every year cept the times he played the Pats in New England in the snow) the defense was givin up mad points and runnin for 1st down after 1st down....

and the year the Ravens won they didnt have a PASSING GAME, they had a really good running game with Jamal Lewis, and they had the best defense in the league....in the playoffs, Defense and run game wins
  • Yungin T. Jeezie
    Yungin T. Jeezie Members Posts: 2,362 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    SMH @ Bron crying like Jay on hot 97 after Ether drop
  • MillzOG
    edited February 2010
    Options
    See I feel like I can debate about kobe's game being I used to be a huge fan but then I stopped likin dude.I got every laker playoff game from 99-02 on tape cuz I used to ball back in the day and I was a jordan STAN/Kobe fan and I was to young to tape the bulls games when they was winnin I just remember watching them.

He's not better than mike and is the greatest emulator of jordan ever(which says a lot) he is a tremendous player but ? is reachin sayin kobe is the Goat or even the best in the league now.He had many flaws in his game that he improved on but still hasn't grasped the team concept like MJ did eventually.

Lebron is a team player who makes other better just like MJ did kobe has never done that because he never had to until 04-05 and he really didnt make anybody better

it aint a reach to say Kobe is the best in the league ? hes #1 or #2......but C/S the rest of what u sayin....until the bolded

Lebron aint a team player, he does get the assists and he can pass.....but passin and gettin assists doesnt = team player, word to stephon marbury
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    See I feel like I can debate about kobe's game being I used to be a huge fan but then I stopped likin dude.I got every laker playoff game from 99-02 on tape cuz I used to ball back in the day and I was a jordan STAN/Kobe fan and I was to young to tape the bulls games when they was winnin I just remember watching them.

He's not better than mike and is the greatest emulator of jordan ever(which says a lot) he is a tremendous player but ? is reachin sayin kobe is the Goat or even the best in the league now.He had many flaws in his game that he improved on but still hasn't grasped the team concept like MJ did eventually.

Lebron is a team player who makes other better just like MJ did kobe has never done that because he never had to until 04-05 and he really didnt make anybody better

I have watched both also. Look at the videotape.
  • ghost!
    edited February 2010
    Options
    ok so then forget i said 4seasons, make it 3 seasons.....and still even when Peyton puts up points (like he does every year cept the times he played the Pats in New England in the snow) the defense was givin up mad points and runnin for 1st down after 1st down....

and the year the Ravens won they didnt have a PASSING GAME, they had a really good running game with Jamal Lewis, and they had the best defense in the league....in the playoffs, Defense and run game wins

2 seasons..brady was injuried.....in 08

and yeah the ravens did have a running game....just not a passin game..in 06 the colts had a running game and defense and in that SB..those two aspects was why they won...

this year...they didnt have a running game but addai ran pretty well in the superbowl....

and i really dont care if katz blame me for going off to something else..obviously it's a good convo cuz you'll keep coming back...that's the point..a good convo, debate..
  • G.R.I.P. Money $$$
    G.R.I.P. Money $$$ Members Posts: 18,939 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    No im sayin steve kerr has 5 rings as a role playing shooter.Does that make him better than barkley or ewing? HELL NO

Rings do mean somethin . Not one star in nba history has every won a chip by himself period.Some of em had more help than others but nobody can do it alone.So if the cavs win this year obviously jamison and all the other pieces will be factors.

I was sayin people cant use the "He has more rings so he's better" line
    totally agree wit underlined...

and with that said, i still say garnett>>duncan, but thats another story...
  • mike06
    edited February 2010
    Options
    how is it a reach when ACTUAL NBA PLAYERS point to #24 as the best player in the league?

and wtf is wit this he doesn't "grasp" ? ...r u serious...how did they win it last year if he didn't "grasp" the team concept....how did they even make it there the year before if he didn't "grasp" the team concept.....Kobe would be leading the league in scoring wit 45 a game and a 22-39 game season if he did not "grasp" the team concept so what are you talking about?
  • playmaker88
    edited February 2010
    Options
    sayin Kobe in the same sentence as MJ gets such a visceral response.. people need to put there personal feelings for a player aside.. and look at ? with clear eyes.. not ESPN tinted shades..

Goto the videotape.. Youtube..
  • MillzOG
    edited February 2010
    Options
    2 seasons..brady was injuried.....in 08

and yeah the ravens did have a running game....just not a passin game..in 06 the colts had a running game and defense and in that SB..those two aspects was why they won...

this year...they didnt have a running game but addai ran pretty well in the superbowl....

and i really dont care if katz blame me for going off to something else..obviously it's a good convo cuz you'll keep coming back...that's the point..a good convo, debate..

no the Colts did not have a good run game or defense in 06, 06 was the year they were dead last in run defense but they started killin in the playoffs i wont lie about that, we played great defense in that playoff run but we still werent running the ball at all....
  • ghost!
    edited February 2010
    Options
    totally agree wit underlined...

and with that said, i still say garnett>>duncan, but thats another story...

eek..i can't say Garnett>>Duncan......

ha ha and i rep all my boston teams..but duncan is right up there with shaq and kobe as the players of the decade.....garrnett is in the sec. group to me...
  • ghost!
    edited February 2010
    Options
    no the Colts did not have a good run game or defense in 06, 06 was the year they were dead last in run defense but they started killin in the playoffs i wont lie about that, we played great defense in that playoff run but we still werent running the ball at all....

Their defense as pretty good..and addai was good that year and ran well in the SB....addai did have one or two good years in the beginning...i think

cuz i remember there was a thread about which running back was better him or maroney...and i couldn't even argue cuz addai was beastin...i'm sure 06 the running game and their defense was the biggest factor in their success that year...( can't remember..my mind forgets alot ha ha)

again i apologize..it's not my intent to f'up the main point of view of this thread..no dis respect to the thread starter
  • mike06
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Lets put it like this if bron is on the current lakers real talk that 72-10 record is in jeopardy.He would make odom,gasol,artest and bynum all better their averages would go up because lebron would rather facilitate than score.

Bron's game is like magics kobes game is like jordans(obviously) except kobe does not make his teammates better like Mj did.Steve kerr was a journeyman before he came to the bulls he came here and is the Goat 3 point shooter because of playing with mike he had career high percentages in Fg's and 3's playing with the bulls.

Go look at his stats 52,51 percent from 3's he never averaged those numbers in his career.

Thats an example of making somebody better he benefited from playing with MJ

and if you put Kobe on the cavs team IN THE EAST he's comin out with the #1 seed and prolly with a better record than Lebron...and MJ DID NOT MAKE HIS TEAMMATES BETTER...until after he won his first ring....lets wait until Kobe retires to really see if he helped made his teammates better...? last i checked...Bynum's numbers have been goin up since he became a starter...was that not a result of Kobe makin him better?....of course not cuz that's not what Kobe does right?.....lmao
  • mike06
    edited February 2010
    Options
    and one more quick confusing question if Lebron makes everyone better....why does he still have to do EVERYTHING for them to win.....MJ didn't have to get TD's to put his team in position to win....he had his shooters, he had his big men....Lebron has the same resources(if not better) why not use them....if in fact he makes them better
  • playmaker88
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Nah doggie no need to go to youtube thats a horrible way to get your point across.Its a travesty kobe is mentioned in the same sentence as jordan.

Kobes resume dont even match up its underqualified to compare them its a disgrace to jordan really

Its no point really in debatin this I already did what I said I wouldn't its hard readin this ? its clear alot of you ? dont understand the game

? out of here your opinion is not gold ? .. how old are you anyway..

drumroll
  • mike06
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Lebrons caliber of teamates dont even compare to jordans cast from either 3 peats. Plus MJ is the Goat he was much more feared and respected.Bron has to improve his game just watch in 3 years or so he will be much better offensively he hasn't developed a post game and shoots way to many 3's.

Who da ? tha cavs got? HAHAHA Mo Williams is borderline garbage.Delonte west and jamison(who hasn't even played yet) are the only respectable players they got.Shaq is runnin off fumes and rep at this point.The rest are role players

Kobe is a more polished scorer he studyed mike s game.Lebron will get better once he learns how to score in various ways.MJ didn't get that fadeaway and post game until he came back he had to change his game because he was older,slower and smarter.

first bold-thats a bit debatable(Shaq=Winnington,Longley,Cartwrtight in one..even at 37) but irrevelant

second bolded-if he has to IMPROVE his game how is he better than Kobe when Kobe has FULLY developed his game

third bold- opinions are what they are but 1. how are they the #1 in the east wit Lebron and a bunch or "role players" and 2. how does he make these" role players" better if you yourself are callin em garbage?
  • ghost!
    edited February 2010
    Options
    mike06 wrote: »
    and if you put Kobe on the cavs team IN THE EAST he's comin out with the #1 seed and prolly with a better record than Lebron...and MJ DID NOT MAKE HIS TEAMMATES BETTER...until after he won his first ring....lets wait until Kobe retires to really see if he helped made his teammates better...? last i checked...Bynum's numbers have been goin up since he became a starter...was that not a result of Kobe makin him better?....of course not cuz that's not what Kobe does right?.....lmao

^^^i gotta agree with "tommy" i think u put lebron on the lakers...and we have problems!!(in a good way)...i think katz really dont watch the nature ability of both players.....kobe is a scorer and that's all he want to do..can he pass sure he can, can he rebound sure he can..but he gets his rocks off scoring...lebron who can score too and he has improved his jumper...not only passes but he has the understanding of when to pass.....that of a point guard

all the other aspects of the game is just who he is as a player(Lebron)....like my AUU coach once told me. To play defense and rebound is a desire/effort not a skill...and he is right....and it's not just lebrons' triple dubles...dude puts up 40 points to go with his double digits in in rebounding and passing...dude be putting in work..and

if u watch the lakers last night u can clearly tell the lakers are deep and have players that can shine more if given the opporunity....but with kobe putting up most of the shots it doesn't happen....kobe has a better supporting cast then lebron hands down...put kobe on the cavs..u have the lakers pre-gasol...

real talk...
  • playmaker88
    edited February 2010
    Options
    if u watch the lakers last night u can clearly tell the lakers are deep and have players that can shine more if given the opporunity....but with kobe putting up most of the shots it doesn't happen....kobe has a better supporting cast then lebron hands down...put kobe on the cavs..u have the lakers pre-gasol...

real talk...

They havent always been that they grew to become that over some seasons.. They grew up with Kobe and Phil Jackson at the helm.

Your ifs dont happen.. stop regurgitating what Espn spits out.. thats nasty
  • ghost!
    edited February 2010
    Options
    They havent always been that they grew to become that over some seasons.. They grew up with Kobe and Phil Jackson at the helm.

Your ifs dont happen.. stop regurgitating what Espn spits out.. thats nasty

been what way..what are you talking about? Ron Artets grew up with Kobe and Phil Jackson?, did paul gasol too?, s.brown was there for like 3 seasons.....and odum came after shaq....like i said kobe has played the same way

and i dont quote from espn..and usually when u have more then one person or group sharing the same opinon...they tend to be right.....plz stop taken this as a personal attack on kobe...either debate with some intelligence or keep it moving
  • playmaker88
    edited February 2010
    Options
    What the hell are you talking about.. Bynum/farmar/odom/Vujacic/Artest is playing better and so is Gasol than they were

Ok i aplogize not everything.. just some because..

I was referring to the personal attacks that most of the time go on from people tha tjust dont like Kobe.. if that was you then be offended if not then fall the ? back. You Obviously dont watch games. to say Kobe has played the same

@bilfiger how old are you.
  • playmaker88
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Lol, ok nothing to see here
  • ghost!
    edited February 2010
    Options
    What the hell are you talking about.. Bynum/farmar/odom/Vujacic/Artest is playing better and so is Gasol than they were

Ok i aplogize not everything.. just some because..

I was referring to the personal attacks that most of the time go on from people tha tjust dont like Kobe.. if that was you then be offended if not then fall the ? back. You Obviously dont watch games. to say Kobe has played the same

@bilfiger how old are you.

u said the team grew up while playing with kobe and 4 phil....how the hell is that possible when artest juts came this year and played better last night then he has play'd all year for the lakers, paul gasol has been there for afew season...he has play'd the same way when he was in memphis..odom tends to play better when a player is injuried or out of the line up..how does their play have anything to do with kobe or phil jackson

s.brown...just need to mature as a player....he was only in cleveland for a few years..that happens when u give a plyer confidence

n is kobe not a scorer? if u answer that then u made my point..he is a scorer..that is what he rather do, and has been that way since day 1..point blank...even his coach has got on him about that.....