The Official NBA Draft 2011 thread

Options

Comments

• Darius
    Darius Members Posts: 22,649 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    and taking on Nash in the last year of his contract? this is so stupid the the wolves might actually bite on it
  • MillzOG
    MillzOG Members, Moderators Posts: 14,508 Regulator
    edited June 2011
    Options
    ok ok ok Andy Katz just shot that deal down, and cosign trading Nash to the Knicks...but honestly thats his own fault.

when D'antoni left for NY, Nash and Grant hill were both free agents who were offered deals by the Knicks declined em to stay with PHX saying they still had a chance to win a ring (they did have a chance) but im sure he's regretting it now. At least Grant Hill was smart enough to have a deal that is over now, Nash still has the extra year...smh.

But LOL @ Sacramento even entertaining the though of Felton straight up for the #7 pick.....now that Tony Parker is involved, Denver is gonna have to step their offer up and/or Sacramento needs to snatch Parker while he's still available.
  • BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    EmM HoLLa. wrote: »
    A lot of movement.. A lot of Rumors.. They are talking about Brook Lopez to the Knicks.. That might not be a bad fit..

I really like Klay Thompson, Bismack Biyombo, and Josh Selby if they are available... We are in desparate need of a backup PG... Selby is the real deal....

Bruh Selby aint no point guard he never was when he played against my high school he was jackin he's just an undersized 2 guard
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    wizards get some form of a big man that can play with his back to the basket. if all else fails take the white boy that can shot
  • Darius
    edited June 2011
    Options

But LOL @ Sacramento even entertaining the though of Felton straight up for the #7 pick.....now that Tony Parker is involved, Denver is gonna have to step their offer up and/or Sacramento needs to snatch Parker while he's still available.

Sac would also get the #22 pick i think
  • t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088
    t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088 Members Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    I'm trying to figure out when all of these picks in this weak ass draft became so "valuable". Gm's out here panicking trying to make ANY move they can
  • BlackAX410
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Hmmm... I aint even gonna argue that cuz i havent really watched him outside of the regular highlights... Ive read that Melo and Billups both want in.. And if I dont trust Melo's talent evaluation.. I definately trust Chauncey's...

Just about anyone would be an upgrade on Douglas.. He cant run the Point for ? .. SMH...
    Melo likes him cuz they both had the same agent comin outta high school Selby had a few character issues and was suspended the first 9 games of Kansas season he had a shitload of hype but had a dissapointing freshman year 7 ppg if im not mistaken he woulda been better off goin to a team nd being a lone superstar kinda like wat Beasley did in college im tellin u Selby is not a point guard lls
  • Darius
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Aint Tyreke Evans a PG why is Sac trying to get Felton?.. Am i missing something here...

i think he's a more natural 2 guard, they've supposedly been wanting him to move to that spot but haven't had a good enough PG to allow that to happen.
  • blank..
    blank.. Members Posts: 7,586 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Aint Tyreke Evans a PG why is Sac trying to get Felton?.. Am i missing something here...

Well he more of a combo guard who can score in bunches..

But they got Udrih too I dont know how this would work.

Either way its not looking good for Pooh Jeter.
  • t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088
    edited June 2011
    Options

no he's not and thats the problem. Sac knows he's not a pg and thats why they're pushing so hard to grab one. Reke can do whats natural to him and score off the ball and they can finally get a pg who can get the team involved....
  • t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088
    edited June 2011
    Options
    So apparently the spurs are trying to grab valanciunas(spelling) thats why they are trying to move up. Leave it up to them to ? up houston's plan. It's being said that they're not only trying to move parker but dump rj's contract on someone as well smdh
  • blank..
    edited June 2011
    Options
    I swear to ? people were ready to throw in the towel on Raymond Felton 2 years ago in Charlotte.

Nobody was talking about him..

Then he moves to New York and all of a sudden I hear his name every other day.
  • gucci7383
    gucci7383 Members Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options

yep the written's on the wall..this yr sac tryna get a point guard, and this time next yr they'll be tryna trade evans for a natural 2 or 3
  • blank..
    edited June 2011
    Options
    San Antonio Spurs draft philosophy is basically, go out and draft some European and hope he can turn into Manu or Tony..

Same ? nearly every year, without fail.

Tiago Splitter, Ian Mahinmi.. whole bunch of other dudes.
  • BlackAX410
    edited June 2011
    Options
    So since they wanna move Evans to the 2 where does that put Marcus Thorton??? cuz he was gettin buckets last year
  • blank..
    edited June 2011
    Options
    So since they wanna move Evans to the 2 where does that put Marcus Thorton??? cuz he was gettin buckets last year

Exactly. He played great for them and really gave them a scoring threat every night when he got traded from NO.

They need to get rid of Udrih and Casspi cause that dude sucks ? .

Udrih got a ? contract its hard to move I'm sure Petrie would love to see him get the ? outta there.

And they got a big decision to make with Sam Dalambert.. If anything they should be concerned with getting a good SF not add to their already long list of guards.
  • BlackAX410
    edited June 2011
    Options
    blank.. wrote: »
    Exactly. He played great for them and really gave them a scoring threat every night when he got traded from NO.

They need to get rid of Udrih and Casspi cause that dude sucks ? .

Udrih got a ? contract its hard to move I'm sure Petrie would love to see him get the ? outta there.

And they got a big decision to make with Sam Dalambert.. If anything they should be concerned with getting a good SF not add to their already long list of guards.

Eh Casspi is ight he just shoots too many 3's iont think he sucks if they can get Donte Green to bring some intensity every night he can be a nice fit at small forward cuz he has talent but he shoulda stayed in college longer and i think if anyone they would trade Fransisco Garcia's fragile ass
  • blank..
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Eh Casspi is ight he just shoots too many 3's iont think he sucks if they can get Donte Green to bring some intensity every night he can be a nice fit at small forward cuz he has talent but he shoulda stayed in college longer and i think if anyone they would trade Fransisco Garcia's fragile ass

Donte Green is deceptively big, I couldnt believee it when I was watching them and they announced he is actually 6'11.. they mostly play him at SF.

He might be the biggest SF ever. Very unique player.

Trust me Casspi is terrible he is quick on the break and can shoot the 3 but thats it, he has no value on a team with Marcus Thornton and Garcia (if healthy) and Evans and Udrih.

Which is why he wasnt playing much toward the second half of last season, I think Westphal went with Greene and that was the right move.

I like Donte Greene but he keeps clashing with coaches and they questioned his work ethic, but he was coming around..

He can defend which is something Casspi cannot, to save his life.
  • BlackAX410
    edited June 2011
    Options
    blank.. wrote: »
    Donte Green is deceptively big, I couldnt believee it when I was watching them and they announced he is actually 6'11.. they mostly play him at SF.

He might be the biggest SF ever. Very unique player.

Trust me Casspi is terrible he is quick on the break and can shoot the 3 but thats it, he has no value on a team with Marcus Thornton and Garcia (if healthy) and Evans and Udrih.

Which is why he wasnt playing much toward the second half of last season, I think Westphal went with Greene and that was the right move.

I like Donte Greene but he keeps clashing with coaches and they questioned his work ethic, but he was coming around..

He can defend which is something Casspi cannot, to save his life.

yea they have assets so one of these guys are gonna get moved it'll be interesting to see who tho
  • 1CK1S
    1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Kings are alright

2011/2012 (if theres no season) or 2012/2013 Lineup

PG - Insert PG
    SG - Evans
    SF - Casspi/Greene/Insert SF via FA or Draft
    PF - Thompson
    C - Cousins

There pretty much in the same position as the Wizards!
  • 1CK1S
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Has there been any movement with OJ Mayo

Was hoping that trade to Indiana went through around the deadline. If that trade woulda happened we would probaly be talking about the Pacers being the next row of teams to be in the top 8 in the east for years to come!
  • 1CK1S
    edited June 2011
    Options
    matt- wrote: »
    so Nash, Parker, and Felton are all being shopped now?

With felton the Nuggets were gonna trade him anyway because they trust Lawson with that PG spot!

With Nash and Parker they'll probaly go to either the Clippers, Toronto, Golden State, Houston, Atlanta, or Orlando because all of these teams have pieces!
  • Seansosa
    Seansosa Members Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    suns presidnet just said they aint shoppin nash so who knows ....shrug....
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Shiiittt.. If yall dont want McGee trade him to the Knicks.. We'll gladly take him off your hands.. LoL..

he has 0 offensive skills at all. but at the same time i'm not sure wtf flip saunders is teaching the dude. He has the athleticism but he has no skill or finesse around the basket at all. plus he busy in the party life. now they should be giving away andrae blatche he's a 7 footer who thinks he's the black dirk. I wouldn't mind keeping mcgee as a defensive presence at all but they need a guy who can actually score in the paint.
  • MillzOG
    MillzOG Members, Moderators Posts: 14,508 Regulator
    edited June 2011
    Options
    A lot of movement.. A lot of Rumors.. They are talking about Brook Lopez to the Knicks.. That might not be a bad fit..

I really like Klay Thompson, Bismack Biyombo, and Josh Selby if they are available... We are in desparate need of a backup PG... Selby is the real deal....

Brook Lopez to the Knicks??? who the hell do we have as an asset that Jersey would want? cmon son.

I like Thompson....but Selby is not the move at 17, he's probably gonna slip to the 2nd round.

Im hopin for Jimmer the GOAT, Darius Morris, or Klay Thompson in the 1st round....and Jeremy Tyler in the 2nd round so im hopin he falls to the 2nd round, if not then Keith Benson