The Official NBA Draft 2011 thread

Options

Comments

• Darius
    Darius Members Posts: 22,649 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    word is Jimmer's stock shot up and Kemba's is moving down after the two had a 1on1 workout for scouts
  • Darius
    edited June 2011
    Options
    and i think Tristan Thompson is gonna be a good pick too
  • Coo Coo Cal's Beanie
    Coo Coo Cal's Beanie Members Posts: 3,864 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    LOL yo if Jimmer goes higher than Kemba the GM that selects jimmer first needs to off himself. Career killing move.
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Kemba Walker's college career is similar to Brandon Roy and Dwade

He's not as good b/c of his size obviously,

But his year by year 4-year improvement, then carrying his college team, hitting game winners, is reminicsent of them

He reminds me of Ray Felton, not in his game, but how you want that type of guy on your team. Felton has a 'i love basketball' mentality like Walker
  • MillzOG
    MillzOG Members, Moderators Posts: 14,508 Regulator
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Look at Kemba's senior year and look at Iverson's senior year.

then look at what were called weaknesses in Iverson's game before he entered the draft..(too small, cant pass, and not a great shooter) those are the same knocks on Kemba.

strengths are quickness, toughness, defense in the passing lanes, abiity to finish at the rim, etc.
  • gucci7383
    gucci7383 Members Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Faried has the NCAA record for rebounding.

You want someone to draft 6'9 Bismack Biyombo as a Center, so whats your point?
    So ILL wrote: »
    This class doesn't look like the best, but hopefully my Magic can pick up someone decent....

the magic number 10 pick in the lottery a few yrs ago fran vasquez from spain is coming over..so well see how that turns out
  • BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options

then look at what were called weaknesses in Iverson's game before he entered the draft..(too small, cant pass, and not a great shooter) those are the same knocks on Kemba.

strengths are quickness, toughness, defense in the passing lanes, abiity to finish at the rim, etc.

C'mon Millz ur comparing him to Iverson??? At best Kemba Walker is gonna be a Jamal Crawford Jason Terry type a microwave jolt scorer off ya bench. Kemba wont lead any teams to any type of sucess
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options

Ummm NO.

Iverson was...

Let me stop...i do NOT need to explain this lol Just no.
  • MillzOG
    edited June 2011
    Options
    C'mon Millz ur comparing him to Iverson??? At best Kemba Walker is gonna be a Jamal Crawford Jason Terry type a microwave jolt scorer off ya bench. Kemba wont lead any teams to any type of sucess

real talk, I didnt believe it myself....

but the proof is right infront of you b, ? the stats...(the stats are ridiculously close) but all the "experts" picked Uconn to finish 10th in the big east this season, not 10th in the nation...10TH IN THE BIG EAST.

but they won the whole thing, and Jeremy Lamb didn't start performing until around the Big East tourney, they're the same size and have the same exact skill set. Im not saying he's gonna be A.I. but I wouldn't be surprised real talk.
  • gucci7383
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Faried has the NCAA record for rebounding.

You want someone to draft 6'9 Bismack Biyombo as a Center, so whats your point?

u aint never seen that season
  • Coo Coo Cal's Beanie
    Coo Coo Cal's Beanie Members Posts: 3,864 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    He wont be a scorer like iverson but he's gonna start at PG in the NBA.
  • gucci7383
    edited June 2011
    Options
    by the way, jimmer had a 4/3 turnover ratio in college
  • S.jR.
    S.jR. Members Posts: 4,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options

Wait didn't Terry just help lead his team to a NBA Championship? just sayin.. (maybe not all 6 games but about 3 of them.)
  • Datdude87
    Datdude87 Members Posts: 3,627 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    anybody kno anything on jajuan johnson or etwaun moore? as for the pistons drafting...some have kemba, some have tristan thompson, some have kawhi, some have Bismack, some have Valanciunas or Vesely. so its no tellin who deez foo's may get. i jus kno some defensive help n the paint and team chemistry should b high on the list. i wouldnt b surprised if 1 of'em got traded that night.
  • t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088
    t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088 Members Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Knicks trying to move up for fredette and fredette has said he wants to be a knick. This ? millz gonna go ape ? if this goes down
  • Darius
    edited June 2011
    Options
    gucci7383 wrote: »
    by the way, jimmer had a 4/3 turnover ratio in college

thats similar to what Steph Curry had at Davidson.
  • one_manshow
    one_manshow Members Posts: 4,591 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Tristan Thompson will be a solid player if he can go on a squad that gives him PT

Biyombo will be a rebounding/defensive type player a lot of scouts comparing him to Ibaka/Nene but that's reaching to far he could be Kwame Brown

A lot of sleeper players in this draft coming out late first round and second round...couple of them might surprise a lot of people.
  • KeepOnPushing
    KeepOnPushing Members Posts: 17,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options

What Senior year did Iverson have seeing that he left after his sophmore year??...
  • BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    S.jR. wrote: »
    Wait didn't Terry just help lead his team to a NBA Championship? just sayin.. (maybe not all 6 games but about 3 of them.)

i said at best he can be a 15-19 ppg scorer but as far as being a franchise player nah ?
  • b*braze
    b*braze Members Posts: 8,968 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    word on the streets is a possible trade between minnesota and los angeles

pau gasol for the #2 pick and either kevin love or martell webster and johnny flynn.. sound like a ? deal to me lmao

if its the 2nd and kevin love then we need to draft brandon knight or kemba walker.

if its the 2nd and johnny flynn/martell webster we can take derrick williams to replace pau and start flynn

Prayer.jpg

*please let kahn be that ? stupid*
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    b*braze wrote: »
    word on the streets is a possible trade between minnesota and los angeles

pau gasol for the #2 pick and either kevin love or martell webster and johnny flynn.. sound like a ? deal to me lmao

if its the 2nd and kevin love then we need to draft brandon knight or kemba walker.

if its the 2nd and johnny flynn/martell webster we can take derrick williams to replace pau and start flynn

Prayer.jpg

*please let kahn be that ? stupid*

im praying right now
  • MillzOG
    edited June 2011
    Options
    What Senior year did Iverson have seeing that he left after his sophmore year??...

lmao I meant look at both of their last year in school.
  • one_manshow
    one_manshow Members Posts: 4,591 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    MR.CJ wrote: »
    im praying right now

Don't forget to pray for the other 4 teams you also support and cheer they all need it.

Male-cheerleaders--005.jpg
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Don't forget to pray for the other 4 teams you also support and cheer they all need it.

Male-cheerleaders--005.jpg

i only like 1 team right now
  • S.jR.
    S.jR. Members Posts: 4,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    i said at best he can be a 15-19 ppg scorer but as far as being a franchise player nah ?

I didn't pass judgment on the dude.. just sayin its a bit of a contradiction to say he gonna be like Terry but say he can't lead a team to "any type of success". A lot of teams could use that 6th man scoring leadership, fearless, clutch and passionate. Lord knows my Bulls could use it.