The Official NBA Draft 2011 thread

Options

Comments

• MillzOG
    MillzOG Members, Moderators Posts: 14,508 Regulator
    edited June 2011
    Options
    idk how much I like that deal, ? seem to be forgetting that theres only like 5 legit centers in the NBA and he's 1 of em. I like Iggy but hes not aggressive at all and he cant shoot, they need a #1 scorer on the perimeter to go with Blake in the paint. preferable 1 that can stretch the floor (even though I do like the fact that he does get every1 involved)
  • Coo Coo Cal's Beanie
    Coo Coo Cal's Beanie Members Posts: 3,864 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    s2jepeka wrote: »
    Bruh, How old are you? real talk. I dont have fukin children, b. I AM NOT YOUR FATHER.

Andre Miller led the league in assists his 3rd year...he's a 11yr starter at PG...has dropped 50 in a game...he'll retire top 10 career in assists...

Kyrie Irving is too good for that? FOH Thats the problem wit you skinnny jean wearin ? . Dont appreciate ?

So Kyrie Irving is THAT much better than William Avery, Daniel Ewing, Chris Duhon, and Jay Wiliams---Duke PGs who flopped in the league??? (yes, Jay Will struggled even before the accident)

The ? all the way outta here you bumass ngga. lmao How a ngga enjoy gettin sonned damn shame...
    yes, he is................
  • MillzOG
    edited June 2011
    Options
    yea i've heard the ibaka comparisons, but the big difference is that Ibaka got a few years to not play and just learn the game, Biyombo is not gonna get that same treatment more than likely. I mean, we've seen plenty of players just like that go lottery and not do ? ....Brandon Wright, Ekpe Udoh (yet), Tyrus Thomas, Johan Petro, etc.

and if the Warriors are tryna get better on defense, they need to look at trading for Josh Smith, im thinking a package like Dorrell Wright, Ekpe Udoh, and the 1st round pick they got this year
  • MillzOG
    edited June 2011
    Options
    smh @ calling Kyrie better than Jay Williams, and you seen him play like 10 games...cmon son.
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    af.r.i.c.a. Members Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    blank.. wrote: »
    And far as Biyombo go, I think that he may well be another Ibaka them Congo boys always got their rebounding and shot blocking down pat.

I just want to see where he ends up because Golden State is interested in him and if they draft him, basically they duplicate the Ekpe Udoh drafting.

It would be stupid but they actually want Biyombo or Marcus Morris.

smh i dont understand the interest in either. If we take either of the Morris twins it will be an L and like you said we already have Udoh so there is no need for Biyombo. The guy who the Warriors have shown the most interest in is Klay Thomson. Dude is basically a Kevin Martin clone who would replace who ever the front office decides to ship out in the back court. I wouldnt mind Burks either he just needs to improve his outside shooting
  • t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088
    t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088 Members Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    idk how much I like that deal, ? seem to be forgetting that theres only like 5 legit centers in the NBA and he's 1 of em. I like Iggy but hes not aggressive at all and he cant shoot, they need a #1 scorer on the perimeter to go with Blake in the paint. preferable 1 that can stretch the floor (even though I do like the fact that he does get every1 involved)

I don't really like iggy either because he can't make an open shot to save his life and he's not aggressive. But don't forget eric gordon was BALLIN last year and I think him and blake can do enough scoring to make them successful. Add iggy to the mix w/ deandre continuing to get better and bledsoe and you're looking at a pretty nice defensive team.
  • MillzOG
    edited June 2011
    Options
    wow, I completely forgot about Eric Gordon and thats 1 of my favorite players...hopefully he can stay healthy, but even still...Kaman is a great compliment to Blake downlow nh
  • dc's teflondon
    dc's teflondon Members Posts: 5,895 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    my sources tell me the spurs are looking to trade tony parker for a lottery pick....the kings and raptors are potential trade options
  • t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088
    t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088 Members Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    smh i dont understand the interest in either. If we take either of the Morris twins it will be an L and like you said we already have Udoh so there is no need for Biyombo. The guy who the Warriors have shown the most interest in is Klay Thomson. Dude is basically a Kevin Martin clone who would replace who ever the front office decides to ship out in the back court. I wouldnt mind Burks either he just needs to improve his outside shooting

Im curious as to why you guys wouldn't target a center. Like really the warriors haven't given up on biendrins yet? He's not the answer, and with david lee's non-defensive ass in the paint you guys need a good center. I would trade back if I was them, get a quality player and draft vucevic but thats just me. The thing about Klay is he is really the only knock down shooter that has nba size and a defined position in this draft. Burks on the other hand is probably better than Klay in every aspect of the game besides shooting, I'd prefer burks if they we're going to keep steph, I'd prefer klay if the plan is to keep montae....
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    edited June 2011
    Options

They have one already his name is Eric Gordon. I think Iggy would be a great fit simply because he doesnt have to be the best player on the team. He is an above average defender and creates for others which is something the clips lack. I wouldnt personally want to see this trade go down because my boy Aminu wouldnt be given a fair opportunity to play and show out but i guess the clips dont believe hes capable of being a starting 3
  • MillzOG
    edited June 2011
    Options
    my sources tell me the spurs are looking to trade tony parker for a lottery pick....the kings and raptors are potential trade options

my sources told me the same thing.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/draft2011/news/story?id=6689841
  • blank..
    blank.. Members Posts: 7,586 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    They have one already his name is Eric Gordon. I think Iggy would be a great fit simply because he doesnt have to be the best player on the team. He is an above average defender and creates for others which is something the clips lack. I wouldnt personally want to see this trade go down because my boy Aminu wouldnt be given a fair opportunity to play and show out but i guess the clips dont believe hes capable of being a starting 3

Aminu is very raw he showed that last year, I think he tries too hard to make a play which is good and bad.

Him and Eric Bledsoe gave me fits this past season, its like they run full steam like a runaway train, the both of them.. and turn it over.

He got better but regressed, got better and regressed.. but I like him he made some standout plays.

I dont want to wait on him though, same with the front office Olshey is serious.. Iggy isnt my preferred option either, but Chris Kaman is cooked that ? is done.

Trust me I been watching Clip games non stop even before he was drafted so I know all about him.

He can shoot the mid-range he has improved that aspect of his game ten fold.. but I'm done its time to take a different approach.

With DJ in there, I like our look. I see DJ getting 30-34 minutes a game if he can stay out of foul trouble.

Him and Blake play so well together, when CK came back from his injury you could see it didnt really help Blake.

Kaman stopped playing inside he moves out more now.. he is a true C like Millz said, but nah.. Philly can take him.

If we can snag Josh Smith, that would be amazing.
  • ImSoReal
    ImSoReal Members Posts: 2,009
    edited June 2011
    Options
    NEW YORK – The San Antonio Spurs are engaged in discussions about trading point guard Tony Parker(notes) to secure a high pick in Thursday’s draft, league sources told Yahoo! Sports.

The Spurs have talked to teams in the lottery, including the Toronto Raptors and Sacramento Kings, who hold the fifth and seventh picks, respectively. The Kings are determined to get a frontline point guard, and have also talked with the Denver Nuggets about Raymond Felton(notes).

It’s unclear who the Spurs would prefer to take if they acquired a high lottery pick.

If the Spurs were to trade Parker, George Hill(notes) could become their starting point guard. League sources said Hill also has drawn trade interest from teams willing to give the Spurs a pick near the back end of the lottery.

Parker didn’t play well early in the Spurs’ first-round loss to the eighth-seeded Memphis Grizzlies in May then later told French reporters he thought the franchise’s days of contending for a title had all but ended.

Im shocked I would have thought with them resigning him last year that they wouldnt trade him, but he is basically the only player they have to trade. The other maybe being Hill
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Im curious as to why you guys wouldn't target a center. Like really the warriors haven't given up on biendrins yet? He's not the answer, and with david lee's non-defensive ass in the paint you guys need a good center. I would trade back if I was them, get a quality player and draft vucevic but thats just me. The thing about Klay is he is really the only knock down shooter that has nba size and a defined position in this draft. Burks on the other hand is probably better than Klay in every aspect of the game besides shooting, I'd prefer burks if they we're going to keep steph, I'd prefer klay if the plan is to keep montae....

The thing about Goose is his contract is damn near impossible to move. Im pretty sure any deal involving Monta or Steph will include him as well but for the time being he is the best C we have so he will be our starter day 1. I was hoping we would take Monroe last year and when he fell to us i was sure we would take him... but as expected we ? it up. If we are in position to take Jonas Valanciunas which is a serious possibility now due to his contract not being bought out i day we do it. As far as Klay i think he can play the 1-3 where as Burks is not as versatile which is why i would prefer to pick him up instead
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Dealing Parker would be a good look for the Spurs. That would be the move to kick off there rebuilding period. They would most likely pick up Duncans replacement with that pick and start George Hill at the point next season. Not sure how Duncan and Ginobli would feel about that move tho.
  • dc's teflondon
    dc's teflondon Members Posts: 5,895 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    check the official draft thread
  • Coo Coo Cal's Beanie
    Coo Coo Cal's Beanie Members Posts: 3,864 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    smh @ calling Kyrie better than Jay Williams, and you seen him play like 10 games...cmon son.
    I never was impressed wit Jay Williams. I always hated him and felt he was overrated. That duke team shoulda won it all but he was and idiot
  • KeepOnPushing
    KeepOnPushing Members Posts: 17,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    LMAO at all these ? that come in here with that "My Sources saying" ? , like ya'll got the inside exclusive scoops, sit ya'll ? down with that.
  • caddo man
    caddo man Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    LMAO at all these ? that come in here with that "My Sources saying" ? , like ya'll got the inside exclusive scoops, sit ya'll ? down with that.

SB Nation, ESPN, Yahoo sport, CNN SI, etc. That is their sources.
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    My son said Kyrie is better than Jay Williams was at Duke *sigh* sheesh...

Im the #1 Duke Hater ever, Jay Williams was an absolute fukin monster...

Re: Suns trading Gortat and #14 for the #2...

Somebody said thats a bad trade for Phx??? lmao

Thats a fukin steal. In a weak ass draft, the #14 pick may not be in the league in 3 years...

vs. the #2 pick, Derrick Williams, may be the only ngga in this draft who amounts to ? ,

Gortat is a role player. You dont hold onto role players when you have a potential star on your hands.
  • MillzOG
    edited June 2011
    Options
    yo im bout to spaz wordup, I just read on the bottom of the screen on espn...."Timberwolves and Suns discussing a trade of Steve Nash for the #2 pick"

they can't do my my man Nash like that bruh, unless Minnesota is gonna ship him out or buy him out.
  • Chi-Town Bully
    Chi-Town Bully Members Posts: 29,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    yo im bout to spaz wordup, I just read on the bottom of the screen on espn...."Timberwolves and Suns discussing a trade of Steve Nash for the #2 pick"

they can't do my my man Nash like that bruh, unless Minnesota is gonna ship him out or buy him out.

Thats a good trade for the Suns, Nash best days are behind him i dont know why the Wolves would do it
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options

Lol The best GMs seperate their brain and their heart... That would be a come up for the Suns...

Trading a 37 yr old player for the #2 pick is unheard of.

Them 'doing right by Nash' would have them trading him to the Knicks, who have ZERO tradeable assetts.
  • KeepOnPushing
    KeepOnPushing Members Posts: 17,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    ROFL at giving up the #2 pick for damn near a 40 year old...
  • Darius
    Darius Members Posts: 22,649 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    so Nash, Parker, and Felton are all being shopped now?