The Official NBA Draft 2011 thread

Options

Comments

• S.jR.
    S.jR. Members Posts: 4,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options

Cousins probably still mad about this one.. If he keeps improving his shooting and offensive repertoire dude could be solid.
  • MillzOG
    MillzOG Members, Moderators Posts: 14,508 Regulator
    edited June 2011
    Options
    theres been way to many of those super athletic, broken jumpshot ass ? that have come through the NBA and not done ? and that ? Travis Leslie is gonna be just like the rest.
  • Chi-Town Bully
    Chi-Town Bully Members Posts: 29,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    If i was the Cavs GM i would draft Derrick Williams and draft one of the other pg's at 4
  • MillzOG
    edited June 2011
    Options
    If i was the Cavs GM i would draft Derrick Williams and then Kemba at 4

cosign .
  • BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    S.jR. wrote: »
    I didn't pass judgment on the dude.. just sayin its a bit of a contradiction to say he gonna be like Terry but say he can't lead a team to "any type of success". A lot of teams could use that 6th man scoring leadership, fearless, clutch and passionate. Lord knows my Bulls could use it.

yea I see wat you're sayin me personally iont see a franchise player but a hell of a 6th man he wont be a bust imo
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    People need to look at the LOW end of a player's comparison when making picks.

For example, Kyrie Irving is much more likely to be Andre Miller than Chris Paul

Kemba is more likely to be Bobby Jackson than Allen Iverson

Derrick Williams look like a right handed Mike Beasley to me.

Given that type of analysis, im taking Williams #1. If Mike Beasley wasnt a head case he'd be an allstar, and thats what i see in Williams.

Kanter= big european player. Theres dozen of them in the league, maybe a handleful are any good

When we look back in a few years, i think the best pros, in order, will be:

1. Williams- 22ppg, 8rpg
    2. Knight- 18ppg, 6apg
    3. Leonard- 16ppg, 7rpg, 3apg
    4. Irving- 15ppg, 7apg
    5. Marshon Brooks- 18ppg
    6. Jeremy Tyler- 13ppg, 10rpg
    7. Kemba- 13ppg, 5apg
    8. Klay Thompson- 14ppg, 4apg, 4rpg
    9. Kanter
    10. Alec Burks
    11. Tristan Thompson
    12. Tobias Harris
  • MillzOG
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Chris Sheridan bouta betalkin bout the Knicks plans for the draft on espnny radio in like 2min
  • DillaDeaf
    DillaDeaf Members Posts: 4,802 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    S.jR. wrote: »

Cousins probably still mad about this one.. If he keeps improving his shooting and offensive repertoire dude could be solid.

...............2u5ulp4.jpg
  • S.jR.
    S.jR. Members Posts: 4,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    *watching pti*

Jimmer with his haircut looks and sounds like Tim Tebow.. nh
  • P. Town
    P. Town Members Posts: 27,306 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Somebody help me understand the hype with Irving
  • Coo Coo Cal's Beanie
    Coo Coo Cal's Beanie Members Posts: 3,864 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    LMAO this ? said Kyrie is the next Andre Miller rather than chris paul. ROFL ROFL

? do you watch basketball? Kyrie Irving has a better jumper than both chris paul and Andre Miller RIGHT NOW. wtf
  • t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088
    t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088 Members Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    theres been way to many of those super athletic, broken jumpshot ass ? that have come through the NBA and not done ? and that ? Travis Leslie is gonna be just like the rest.

took the words right out my mouth when someone was talking to me about leslie today i was like wow, I neverrrrr seen a player like him in the draft.
  • t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088
    edited June 2011
    Options
    LMAO this ? said Kyrie is the next Andre Miller rather than chris paul. ROFL ROFL

? do you watch basketball? Kyrie Irving has a better jumper than both chris paul and Andre Miller RIGHT NOW. wtf

Real ? . I can't hate on people that don't think he's gonna be an all-star but at least make valid comparisons. He's not quick enough to be a paul, his jump shot is way to good to be an andre miller. He doesn't belong in the rose, paul, d-will class as far as a prospect is concerned but dude does have game.
  • Coo Coo Cal's Beanie
    Coo Coo Cal's Beanie Members Posts: 3,864 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Real ? . I can't hate on people that don't think he's gonna be an all-star but at least make valid comparisons. He's not quick enough to be a paul, his jump shot is way to good to be an andre miller. He doesn't belong in the rose, paul, d-will class as far as a prospect is concerned but dude does have game.
    LOL he's not a jump out the gym type player but he is quick, and will blow by people because he plays under control. He has great change of pace skills and thats why he will be great. He got a high bball IQ. Its gone take a year before he understands the NBA game tho. But he's going to a team with a great coach so he'll be aight
  • D.D.S.
    D.D.S. Members Posts: 7,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    ptowndonte wrote: »
    Somebody help me understand the hype with Irving

no one knows bruh. lol. i guess cuz he played 4 duke
  • t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088
    edited June 2011
    Options
    ? is getting out of control. Spurs are dangling tony parker in effort to secure a high draft pick. Really what player in the lottery is really worth tp, smh @ this. http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/214245/Spurs_Dangling_Parker_In_Attempt_To_Acquire_Lottery_Pick
  • P. Town
    P. Town Members Posts: 27,306 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    D.D.S. wrote: »

I keep hearing about this ? , but I'm not impressed
  • b*braze
    b*braze Members Posts: 8,968 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    D.D.S. wrote: »

and he "speaks so well."
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options

Bruh, How old are you? real talk. I dont have fukin children, b. I AM NOT YOUR FATHER.

Andre Miller led the league in assists his 3rd year...he's a 11yr starter at PG...has dropped 50 in a game...he'll retire top 10 career in assists...

Kyrie Irving is too good for that? FOH Thats the problem wit you skinnny jean wearin ? . Dont appreciate ?

So Kyrie Irving is THAT much better than William Avery, Daniel Ewing, Chris Duhon, and Jay Wiliams---Duke PGs who flopped in the league??? (yes, Jay Will struggled even before the accident)

The ? all the way outta here you bumass ngga. lmao How a ngga enjoy gettin sonned damn shame...
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    af.r.i.c.a. Members Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    just read a rumor that the Suns offered Gortat and the 14th pick for the 2nd pick. The Suns would take an L in that trade imo and if im the Wolves i jump all over that trade before the Suns front office sobers up
  • MillzOG
    edited June 2011
    Options
    just read a rumor that the Suns offered Gortat and the 14th pick for the 2nd pick. The Suns would take an L in that trade imo and if im the Wolves i jump all over that trade before the Suns front office sobers up

thats a win-win, Minnesota gets a veteran bigman that can do the ? work with Kevin Love downlow and then the Suns can start their rebuilding around Derrick Williams.

rofl ? came at Ike's neck, ? called him a "skinny jean wearin ? " hahahaha
  • blank..
    blank.. Members Posts: 7,586 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    My Los Angeles Clippers are not drafting, which is very strange.

But thank ? I'm happy with our squad in terms of balance of youth and experience, no need to get younger.

Next year we got a couple of first rounders in a much deeper draft, hopefully we cut Willie Warren by that point and make room for two young prospects.

Still interested to see who our Pac Division rivals draft, I wanna see where Bismack Biyombo ends up.

And I wanna know what the Cavs will do with that 4th pick.
  • MillzOG
    edited June 2011
    Options
    blank.. wrote: »
    My Los Angeles Clippers are not drafting, which is very strange.

But thank ? I'm happy with our squad in terms of balance of youth and experience, no need to get younger.

Next year we got a couple of first rounders in a much deeper draft, hopefully we cut Willie Warren by that point and make room for two young prospects.

Still interested to see who our Pac Division rivals draft, I wanna see where Bismack Biyombo ends up.

And I wanna know what the Cavs will do with that 4th pick.

for some reason the Clippers seem hell bent on trading that lottery pick they got from Minnesota, unless they can get a nice option at the 3 for the pick theres no reason to trade it.

Cavs gon trade that pick most likely unless they shock us all and draft Derrick Williams #1 then take a guard #4...Honestly it makes absolutely no sense for them to take Irving #1 ? Minnesota has no choice but to deal the pick then, you cant start another controversy at point when you just got rubio there and you're practically tryna give jonny flynn away (which is why i dont understand how the knicks dont have him yet).

Bismack Biyombo is not Serge Ibaka, dont even worry about him.
  • blank..
    edited June 2011
    Options
    for some reason the Clippers seem hell bent on trading that lottery pick they got from Minnesota, unless they can get a nice option at the 3 for the pick theres no reason to trade it.

Cavs gon trade that pick most likely unless they shock us all and draft Derrick Williams #1 then take a guard #4...Honestly it makes absolutely no sense for them to take Irving #1 ? Minnesota has no choice but to deal the pick then, you cant start another controversy at point when you just got rubio there and you're practically tryna give jonny flynn away (which is why i dont understand how the knicks dont have him yet).

Bismack Biyombo is not Serge Ibaka, dont even worry about him.

Olshey didnt protect the pick so its Minnesota's, not ours.

We gonna get theirs next year for sure plus ours so thats what I meant when we got 2 for next year.

Right now we talking to Philly about Iggy Pop for Kaman straight up.

I dont mind it just because Kaman's ankles and knees are unpredictable and unreliable.

Hopefully we get Iggy that would be good for us.
  • blank..
    edited June 2011
    Options
    And far as Biyombo go, I think that he may well be another Ibaka them Congo boys always got their rebounding and shot blocking down pat.

I just want to see where he ends up because Golden State is interested in him and if they draft him, basically they duplicate the Ekpe Udoh drafting.

It would be stupid but they actually want Biyombo or Marcus Morris.