The Official NBA Draft 2011 thread

Options

Comments

• Datdude87
    Datdude87 Members Posts: 3,627 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    The pistons need to stop fuking up. more inside defensive presence and perhaps a POINT GUARD, then we'll b on the right direction. on another note...as long as jajuan johnson gets drafted n the first round and e'twaun moore gets drafed period...then im good. BTFU
  • MillzOG
    MillzOG Members, Moderators Posts: 14,508 Regulator
    edited June 2011
    Options
    gucci7383 wrote: »
    jimmer is gonna shine in a system like mike d'antoni his scoring will over shadow the fact that he cant guard a folding chair, he'll get plenty of open shots with stats and melo there...but he'll have a jj reddick type of career where no matter what team he goes to he'll be a rotation type player to add scoring off the bench..

and for my sleepers in this draft
    1.kawhi leonard might just become a gerald wallace type player...his jump shot needs some work but he's long and can rebound(10 boards per game in college) and block shots
    2. i also like jan vessley he looks like he's another one of the foriegn big men that will be able to shoot and score in the nba..needs to add weight to his frame to be able to defend the 4, sf will be to quick for him so he'll be a pf in the nba...

irving and williams will be good 1 &2 in this draft and kawhi will be the 3rd best player in this draft

Well if the Knicks take Jimmer then he'd be good ? I actually think hes a better passer than most, but we'll see about that. Im completely against the "JJ Reddick type career" thing ? everybody is just tryna find another whiteboy to compare him to instead of just looking at the skill. In college JJ NEVER EVER created a shot for himself in his life, Jimmer was double and triple teamed in every game and still created his own shots and led the nation in scoring, also Jimmer actually attacks the rim..did JJ ever make a layup in his college career?? lol

I think Derrick Williams gon be the best player, Im not sold on Kyrie Irving at all, and honestly (? are gonna ? me for this) Kemba reminds me of Iverson bruh. I was not sold on Kemba AT ALL coming into this college season but he's made me a believer. Go look at Iverson's college career and then look at Kemba's then think about the knocks on Iverson coming into the league (too small, not strong enough, no consistent 3 pt shot...but ridiculous first step, nice midrange game, plays with more heart than any1 you'll ever see). Those pro's and cons for A.I. comin outta college are the exact pros and cons on Kemba coming into the league. If Charlotte gets him like Jordan wants, Kemba is gonna be a star.
  • gucci7383
    gucci7383 Members Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Well if the Knicks take Jimmer then he'd be good ? I actually think hes a better passer than most, but we'll see about that. Im completely against the "JJ Reddick type career" thing ? everybody is just tryna find another whiteboy to compare him to instead of just looking at the skill. In college JJ NEVER EVER created a shot for himself in his life, Jimmer was double and triple teamed in every game and still created his own shots and led the nation in scoring, also Jimmer actually attacks the rim..did JJ ever make a layup in his college career?? lol

I think Derrick Williams gon be the best player, Im not sold on Kyrie Irving at all, and honestly (? are gonna ? me for this) Kemba reminds me of Iverson bruh. I was not sold on Kemba AT ALL coming into this college season but he's made me a believer. Go look at Iverson's college career and then look at Kemba's then think about the knocks on Iverson coming into the league (too small, not strong enough, no consistent 3 pt shot...but ridiculous first step, nice midrange game, plays with more heart than any1 you'll ever see). Those pro's and cons for A.I. comin outta college are the exact pros and cons on Kemba coming into the league. If Charlotte gets him like Jordan wants, Kemba is gonna be a star.

every mock draft i see got kemba going to canada. i actually like the bayless calderon combo but i guess Bryan Colangelo aint... i think the raps should take Jonas Valanciunas to put in the middle.. ? that ? bargs aint no center, he's better off as a strech 4 man... the bobcats better go big man..there front court is a mess with all the trades thy've made in the last 2 seasons
  • S.jR.
    S.jR. Members Posts: 4,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    I can co-sign on all of those except Lace.
    I'm a Baylor fan, but his game is so ? one-dimensional.
    At best he'll come off a bench in an Eddie House kind of role.

As for the draft, Houston needs some help inside.
    Yao Ming ? ass aint ever gonna be healthy enough to play again.
    I feel we might reach for Donatas Motiejunas (Lithuania) at #14 but he's 21 and 7 feet tall.
    From what I read he's very similar to Dirk, but we'll see.

Yea, I'm looking at what a lot of other people have to say and I guess overlooked dudes FG%, that ? is gross, especially for college. But I'd probably swap him out for Iman Shumpert. No he isn't the scoring shooter we need but he has the athleticism and defense. He has a high ceiling if he can become more patient on the offensive end, a lot more patient.
  • gucci7383
    edited June 2011
    Options
    my sources have just told me that the lakers have made a promise to take
    Julyan Stone with there 41 pick in the draft
  • BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    For some reason the Celtics promised they'll take some 6'3 combo guard named Reggie Jackson from Boston College as the 25th pick thats not wat we ? need
  • gucci7383
    edited June 2011
    Options
    For some reason the Celtics promised they'll take some 6'3 combo guard named Reggie Jackson from Boston College as the 25th pick thats not wat we ? need

i like reggie jackson as a scorer and playmaker but aint that what they drafted avery bradley for tho.. i agree that the celtics need to take a big man like williams from maryland
  • toheeb27
    toheeb27 Members Posts: 10,049 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    my sources have just told me that the lakers have made a promise to take
    Julyan Stone with there 41 pick in the draft

LMAO at "sources", well i follow Draftexpress on twitter too, so i guess i have Sources too.

All jokes aside, i have mix feelings on the prospect of us drafting Julyan Stone. If we were still running the Triangle, he would have be a terrible fit, but with the new Coach and most likely a new Offensive system, could be an intriguing fit.

Still not sure he can play PG in the NBA, plus dude can not shoot for ? . But apart from that, i like most of the other side of his game.
  • Coo Coo Cal's Beanie
    Coo Coo Cal's Beanie Members Posts: 3,864 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    millz is ridiculous with this jimmer hype. He's trash. He's a spot shooter in the NBA. If you think he's a starting PG in today's league ur a ? .
  • A$AP_A$TON
    A$AP_A$TON Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Pistons are picking 8th, I'd like to see us get Leonard out of SDU but he might go earlier than that. So I unno, I'll be watchin tho.
  • MillzOG
    edited June 2011
    Options
    ya need to start talkin bout Charles Jenkins, guard from Hofstra I read that the Knicks was lookin at drafting him too.
  • A$AP_A$TON
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Shout out to Marshon Brooks too
  • t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088
    t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088 Members Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    S.jR. wrote: »
    I'll just repost my thoughts on who I'd like the Bulls to target..

In the draft..

Jordan Hamilton...
    Marshon Brooks..
    LaceDarius Dunn.
    Klay Thompson (seems like we'd have to trade down.. outside shot)
    Alec Burks (waaaay outside shot)

Not gonna lie I'm mad it seems like Bismack Biyombo's stock increased, was hoping he dropped to the Bulls.

Any combination of Brooks, Hamilton, Burks and Biyombo I'd be satisfied.

Out of all of them klay helps yall the best. Brooks is a scorer who I think will be a really good pick up but he needs the ball, burks really needs the ball plus he needs to improve his jumpshot. Lacedarius is a chucker and I don't see that slow ass form working in the league, he kind of had to take over games @ baylor but still. As for my team the Houston Rockets:

14- Biyombo, singleton, or hamilton. I know biyombo had a bad workout but his agent is an idiot. He tried to show that biyombo's weakness wasn't a weakness and he made him look worse. He's not a jumpshooter period, he's a high energy player that can contribute on defense and has great athleticism. I would like singleton also, in a draft full of players that have no defined position/skill singleton does... long, lanky, above average defender and we could really use this. Next up would be hamilton, I'm not big on hamilton simply for the fact that he's a 3 point shooting sf thats frail and plays no d just like chase budinger. We can start bud if thats the case.

23- Darius Morris, Jeremy Tyler, Vucevic. Morris is a big pg and lowry is my boy but he isn't that. He's not athletic but he can pass and he'd be a solid player off the bench. Tyler and Vucevic are both projects but we need big men so bad I wouldn't be mad. 23 is a reach for both but the draft is weak. Tyler has a higher ceiling than vucevic based on his athleticism
  • MillzOG
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Out of all of them klay helps yall the best. Brooks is a scorer who I think will be a really good pick up but he needs the ball, burks really needs the ball plus he needs to improve his jumpshot. Lacedarius is a chucker and I don't see that slow ass form working in the league, he kind of had to take over games @ baylor but still. As for my team the Houston Rockets:

14- Biyombo, singleton, or hamilton. I know biyombo had a bad workout but his agent is an idiot. He tried to show that biyombo's weakness wasn't a weakness and he made him look worse. He's not a jumpshooter period, he's a high energy player that can contribute on defense and has great athleticism. I would like singleton also, in a draft full of players that have no defined position/skill singleton does... long, lanky, above average defender and we could really use this. Next up would be hamilton, I'm not big on hamilton simply for the fact that he's a 3 point shooting sf thats frail and plays no d just like chase budinger. We can start bud if thats the case.

23- Darius Morris, Jeremy Tyler, Vucevic. Morris is a big pg and lowry is my boy but he isn't that. He's not athletic but he can pass and he'd be a solid player off the bench. Tyler and Vucevic are both projects but we need big men so bad I wouldn't be mad. 23 is a reach for both but the draft is weak. Tyler has a higher ceiling than vucevic based on his athleticism

from what I read the Knicks are considering Vucevic at #17, that'd be a great value pick. Hopefully somebody like Keith Benson would still be available for us too in the 2nd round ? his stock has dropped outta nowhere for some reason.

idk what team ya talkin bout though
  • t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088
    edited June 2011
    Options
    from what I read the Knicks are considering Vucevic at #17, that'd be a great value pick. Hopefully somebody like Keith Benson would still be available for us too in the 2nd round ? his stock has dropped outta nowhere for some reason.

idk what team ya talkin bout though

yea bensons stock dropped because there's a consensus amongst the gm's that this ? defense/lack of strength/lack of being a banger is gonna hurt him so much that his offensive skills wont matter. I'd take him in the 2nd rd in a minute.....
  • freshb651
    freshb651 Members Posts: 8,240 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    I think Brandon Knight is gonna surprise a lot of people
  • A$AP_A$TON
    edited June 2011
    Options
    freshb651 wrote: »

Ofcourse......but not me tho. I kno he sick.
  • toheeb27
    toheeb27 Members Posts: 10,049 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    freshb651 wrote: »

Dude is about to be a top 5 pick and most likely go number 3 to Utah. I dont think he is surprising anybody.
  • MillzOG
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Chad ford sayin Minnesota talkin bout trading the #2 pick to Phoenix for Gortat, or to Washington for Mcgee.
  • gucci7383
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Chad ford sayin Minnesota talkin bout trading the #2 pick to Phoenix for Gortat, or to Washington for Mcgee.

Matt (Minneapolis)

What the hell are the T-Wolves gonna do? Any idea?
    Chad Ford (1:04 PM)

Hoping a trade comes along ... they've been playing it cool. Not initiating any trade talk. Keeping up the public face that they're keeping the pick. But I think they'll move it if they get the right pieces. They have a lot of interest in the Lakers' Pau Gasol. Also might bite if Wizards offer JaVale McGee. They want long, athletic players to run the floor with Rubio.
  • one_manshow
    one_manshow Members Posts: 4,591 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Sleeper draft picks: Klay Thompson, Marshon Brooks and Kawhi Leonard
  • t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Sleeper draft picks: Klay Thompson, Marshon Brooks and Kawhi Leonard

agree with both minus kawhi add faried...... mock draft 5.0 is up, I won't post the whole thing but if any of yall dont have insider I'll post whatever pick you want to see..
  • BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    i like reggie jackson as a scorer and playmaker but aint that what they drafted avery bradley for tho.. i agree that the celtics need to take a big man like williams from maryland

yea man but the jury is still out on Bradely i hope we pick that Jeremy Tyler kid cuz we need size
  • Co_Town_Michael
    Co_Town_Michael Members Posts: 5,551 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Shout out to LaceDarius Dunn.

Was a projected end of 1st rounder last year.
    Came back for his senior season.
    Beat his girlfriend.
    and
    Will be lucky to get drafted now.
  • MillzOG
    edited June 2011
    Options
    agree with both minus kawhi add faried...... mock draft 5.0 is up, I won't post the whole thing but if any of yall dont have insider I'll post whatever pick you want to see..

? that post it all!

Im hopin Faried slips down to 17 for the Knicks, ? he doesn't look like a player that will light it up in workouts but in a game we already know he's a rebounding machine. The knicks need that.

Avery Bradley is a ? , he could've came back to Texas for another year and he woulda been the starter more than likely over Balbay and Cory Joseph. He's got talent though no doubt, he was ranked #1 (John Wall #2) coming into College.