Bad Meets Evil VS Watch The Throne

Options
DatNiggaB1
DatNiggaB1 Members Posts: 6,066 ✭✭✭
edited August 2011 in The Face Off Forum
So I seen peeps tryna compare WTT wid various other cds and in particular DR. But IMO Bad Meets Evil is an album that could be compared.

Royce aint as comercially successful as the other 3 but he is still a beast on the mic.

So what ya say?

Royce & Eminem VS Kanye & Jay-Z

Jay-z-Kanye-West-album.jpg
royce.jpg

Comments

• L3NU
    L3NU Members Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    im suprised it took this long to make this thread...

the beats where much better on WTT

the flows and chemistry where better on BME

its tough to say but based on personal preference (lyricism and chemistry between the 2 pairs)

im gonna give my vote to bad meets evil

now watch me get crucified for my opinion
  • Bigavelli
    Bigavelli Members Posts: 3,465
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Watch The Throne is the better Album

It had far better Content, much better Lyrics, far better Production, more replay value
  • DatNiggaB1
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Bigavelli wrote: »
    Watch The Throne is the better Album

It had far better Content, far better Production, more replay value

Why you dont like Bad Meets Evil?
  • Bigavelli
    edited August 2011
    Options
    L3NU wrote: »
    im suprised it took this long to make this thread...

the beats where much better on WTT

the flows and chemistry where better on BME

its tough to say but based on personal preference (lyricism and chemistry between the 2 pairs)

im gonna give my vote to bad meets evil

now watch me get crucified for my opinion

What makes you feel the Lyrics were even decent on Hell The Sequel when on many tracks they weren't saying anything at all or just Rapping Shock Value/Comedy Lyrics?

There was also a lack of good Choruses on Hell The Sequel and the Production was very weak 1 of the poorest Produced Album's i heard in a long time
  • Bigavelli
    edited August 2011
    Options
    DatNiggaB1 wrote: »

Basically because of the Shock Content, lack of Subject Matter, lack of Substance, lack of good Hook's, and i found the Production unlisteable for the most part it was very bland and boring Production
  • DatNiggaB1
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Basically because of the Shock Content, lack of Subject Matter, lack of Substance, lack of good Hook's, and i found the Production unlisteable for the most part it was very bland and boring Production

Wow, never thought I would hear you say that......didn't Em produce the album?
  • raperxz
    raperxz Members Posts: 356 ✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    26.jpg

• Bigavelli
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Wow, never thought I would hear you say that......didn't Em produce the album?

It's an honest view from hearing the Album

Nah Mr Porter Produced most of the tracks on there Eminem didn't do any Production on there
  • Who Cares???
    Who Cares??? Members Posts: 1,167
    edited August 2011
    Options
    BME sounded like another generic eminem album. Horrid production, weak choruses and uninspiring lyricism. Royce shined but seemed like Eminems creative control forced royce to hold back. Royce dope but doesnt have enought experience with timeless music. Eminem is just a low grade artist. Those two couldnt possibly make something as dope as WTT.
  • DatNiggaB1
    edited August 2011
    Options
  • A.J. Trillzynski
    A.J. Trillzynski Members Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Nah Mr Porter Produced most of the tracks on there Eminem didn't do any Production on there

wtf is you lying about Em produced on 4 tracks, 3 of which were without Porter. Mr. Porter produced on 4 tracks and Havoc did the first track which was sick

Hell the Sequel ? on Recovery btw
  • bankrupt baller
    bankrupt baller Members Posts: 12,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options

cause she is mad that royce out spit em....she has been trying to down play it since it came out by just saying the album is garbage
  • Lab Baby
    Lab Baby Members Posts: 8,154 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Tie. Better production on WTT, better lyrics and wordplay on BME. We'll see a month from now, cuz I'm already getting tired of WTT after 2 days, and I'm still bumping the intro, Above the Law and A Kiss from BME.

@Bigavelli, WTT may have more diverse subject matter, but Em and Royce were better at talking about nothing than Jay and Ye were talking about that forced black power ? . They came off kinda pretentious to me, and Jay's flow was consistently weak.
  • Lab Baby
    edited August 2011
    Options

Beat(s) - MTE
    Lyrics - A Kiss

EDIT: I just caught this... did Jay really say "no cheap cologne whenever I shh shh"?

Damn, this dude fell off
  • DatNiggaB1
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Cosign, BME>>>>>Recovery
  • Bigavelli
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Lab Baby wrote: »
    Tie. Better production on WTT, better lyrics and wordplay on BME. We'll see a month from now, cuz I'm already getting tired of WTT after 2 days, and I'm still bumping the intro, Above the Law and A Kiss from BME.

@Bigavelli, WTT may have more diverse subject matter, but Em and Royce were better at talking about nothing than Jay and Ye were talking about that forced black power ? . They came off kinda pretentious to me, and Jay's flow was consistently weak.

It all comes down to taste homie to me Subject Matter/Substance are essential in enjoying the Music i tend to like listening to music i can relate to something that speaks about the struggle but i can also enjoy a Song even if i didn't go through what the Artist saying but as long as it is Deep and has good Subject Matter

Rapping about nothing at all on a track to me is mocking the listener and mean's you are not talented i feel it's something the average listener hates
  • Who Cares???
    Who Cares??? Members Posts: 1,167
    edited August 2011
    Options
    I seriously dont know one black person that even dl BME, yet alone purchased it. The hood isnt playing it. Black music venues arent playing it. Like that ? only exist online and in white communities.
  • Bigavelli
    edited August 2011
    Options
    cause she is mad that royce out spit em....she has been trying to down play it since it came out by just saying the album is garbage

I told you i am not fan of Shock Value Rap or Rappers saying nothing at all on a track and i found the Production on the Album really poor

If it was an Album like say Recovery where both Royce and Eminem put their heart and soul in the Music Lyrics about real life topics that people can relate to and be inspired by but Royce happened to outshine Eminem then i would have no problem saying he did and still praising the Album and praising both their contribution to the Album

Even if they neccsarily didn't wanna do a Deep/Introperspective Album together but had even tracks atleast with Content and Lyrics about partying, car's, women, money, designer clothes etc i could still enjoy the Album as long as the Production was good too though

The Production on this was 1 really some of the weakest i ever heard and there was a lack of good Choruses too

Remember it's not like Eminem hasn't ever been outshined before in tracks with a T.I. or a Lloyd Banks but i can still praise the Song's cos they were good Song's regardless who outshined who

it comes down to taste
  • a-grave247
    a-grave247 Members Posts: 780 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    WTT but royce and em had great chemistry.Bad meets evil just feels a little rushed and does not flow as cohesively
  • Lab Baby
    edited August 2011
    Options
    It all comes down to taste homie to me Subject Matter/Substance are essential in enjoying the Music i tend to like listening to music i can relate to something that speaks about the struggle but i can also enjoy a Song even if i didn't go through what the Artist saying but as long as it is Deep and has good Subject Matter

Rapping about nothing at all on a track to me is mocking the listener and mean's you are not talented i feel it's something the average listener hates

I respect it. But for me, I'd rather listen to an album where the artist took his time to think of what he's gonna say, even it's some evil, hateful ? , and make it artful, than to listen to a dude that just got off from a vacation in San Tropez ? his wife on a handglide, just to hop in a booth, do a half assed freestyle and try to beat me over the head for $10 cuz he spit some quasi-deep ? . Name dropping Basquiat and Fred Hampton don't make you deep. And BME is far from a Nation of Millions, but at least they tried to RAP.
  • raperxz
    raperxz Members Posts: 356 ✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    I told you i am not fan of Shock Value Rap or Rappers saying nothing at all on a track and i found the Production on the Album really poor

If it was an Album like say Recovery where both Royce and Eminem put their heart and soul in the Music Lyrics about real life topics that people can relate to and be inspired by but Royce happened to outshine Eminem then i would have no problem saying he did and still praising the Album and praising both their contribution to the Album

Even if they neccsarily didn't wanna do a Deep/Introperspective Album together but had even tracks atleast with Content and Lyrics about partying, car's, women, money, designer clothes etc i could still enjoy the Album as long as the Production was good too though

The Production on this was 1 really some of the weakest i ever heard and there was a lack of good Choruses too

Remember it's not like Eminem hasn't ever been outshined before in tracks with a T.I. or a Lloyd Banks but i can still praise the Song's cos they were good Song's regardless who outshined who

it comes down to taste

• Bigavelli
    edited August 2011
    Options
    I seriously dont know one black person that even dl BME, yet alone purchased it. The hood isnt playing it. Black music venues arent playing it. Like that ? only exist online and in white communities.

Well i haven't heard white people play it either

I say most people who are Eminem fan's prefer Eminem over Slim Shady and backed this up based on sales The Eminem Show and Recovery being some of his highest selling Album's ever THe Eminem Show is his highest ever and Recovery has outsold most his Album's already too

And the fact Not Afraid, Lose Yourself etc were his highest Charting Singles ever

But people on the IC hated me for speaking on this it really comes down to invidual taste of course there is people who wanna hear the Shock Content or Comedy or just even Rapping any saying not a damn thing at all from Eminem if there wasn't some who liked it he wouldn't be doing his Slim Shady ? and putting out Bad Meets Evil

My problem is people can't be mature on here and say look you like the Deep/Introperspective Eminem i like the other it's always people making things complicated by petty arguing
  • Bigavelli
    edited August 2011
    Options
    raperxz wrote: »

I wasn't feeling the Production, Flow and Delivery at all

I'm a Not Afraid, Mockingbird, Say Goodbye Goodbye To Hollywood, Superman, The Way I Am, Beautiful etc kinda person as far as taste that is just what i like and my personal type of Music
  • DatNiggaB1
    edited August 2011
    Options
    a-grave247 wrote: »
    WTT but royce and em had great chemistry.Bad meets evil just feels a little rushed and does not flow as cohesively

• Bigavelli
    edited August 2011
    Options
    DatDudeB why didn't you like Rcovery if you don't mind me asking?

The Content was Deep and inspiring, the Hook's were catchy and Emotional, the Lyrical Content was touching and the Production was decent

What more could you possibley ask for?