Bad Meets Evil VS Watch The Throne

Options

Comments

• turqiun
    turqiun Members Posts: 1,491 ✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Kanye West has very limited rapping abilities, plain and simple. He is a producer first and rapper second, and that is not hard to tell. There is nothing wrong with that, but the sad thing is that he still outrapped Jay on this. The album is produced nicely. To be honest, kanye west should consider releasing an instrumental album.

But I dont listen to rap for the background beats. I despise "swag rapping". Kanye West and Jay-z had a chance to deliver a strong message with this album and instead they were talking about their "other benz". And they didnt even do it cleverly.

Keep in mind Bad Meets Evil was a random mix of songs eminem and royce did together. Its an Ep. Its not supposed to have a cohesive message.

But Bad Meets Evil ? on Watch the Throne when it comes to rapping. And thats what i listen to rap music for. The rapping. Both albums did not have a strong message. And there was a lot of talk "about nothing". But if your gonna make a "meaningless" song, at least do it with skill.

Bad Meets Evil has been on repeat since I bought it. I catch a new hidden punchline all the time. Their flows are in pocket and the lyrics are dope.

Cannot say the same for Watch the Throne. If im in the mood for instrumentals, maybe ill check it out again

Co-sign, ? what ya heard!
  • Bigavelli
    Bigavelli Members Posts: 3,465
    edited August 2011
    Options

If i was gonna enjoy an Eminem Song that isn't deep @ wordsareweapons i would listen to a Song like this not deep ir inspiring or anything of that nature but a fun Song that has good Content everybody can relate to, has dope Lyrics, dope Hook and a real nice Beat and the Flow is cool

But i respect you have your own taste but it's funny you remember the old clishe parent walking into a kid's bed room who listening to Rap saying turn that down it makes no sense just a bunch of rambling that takes no talent

Well this literally was what that Royce and Em album reminded me of if a parent walks into a kid listening to Mockingbird, Dear Mama, Lose Yourself, Jesus Walks, Not Afraid etc they not gonna say that are they might not like Hip Hop but can understand why it's such a loved genre
  • booty sauce
    booty sauce Members Posts: 16
    edited August 2011
    Options
    watch the throne
  • Bigavelli
    edited August 2011
    Options

This an Em Song that is crazy Lyrically but has great Subject Matter were he Rapping about getting out the hood, getting outta poverty etc is deep but not as sensitive or all out emotional as most his Song's like that but still has emotion/passion and a message inspiring people who grew up in the hood or grew up in a poor home the Hook is powerful too

So again Wordsareweapons & hlf what more do you actually want????
  • AK.aPHillYisILL
    AK.aPHillYisILL Members Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Shadyteam shut the ? up you ? ? ! Your so got damn repeative ? !

Anyways... I'm about the lyricism more then I am about the production. And lyrically BME ? on WTT. But production wise WTT is better then BME. lyrically Em & Royce >>>>>>> Jay & Ye. I wish Jay would of went in on WTT but he didn't. Ye did his thing and is getting better. But they wasn't seeing Em & 5'9
  • Makaveli The King
    Makaveli The King Members Posts: 562
    edited August 2011
    Options
    lyrically and
    production wise bad meets evil is better
    easily this is not a debate to me.
  • b@squ1@t redux
    b@squ1@t redux Members Posts: 13,035 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    repeative
    repeative
    repeative
    repeative
    repeative
    repeative
    repeative
    repeative
    repeative
    repeative
    repeative
    repeative
    repeative
    repeative
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    WTT had better lyrics and production.
  • rapmastermind
    rapmastermind Members Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    lyrically and
    production wise bad meets evil is better
    easily this is not a debate to me.

Lyrically it can be debated, Production? there is not contest, "BME" beats are not seeing "WTT". Even "H.A.M & Otis" has a better beat than most of songs on " BME" and people hated on both of those songs.
  • TRILLip Brooks
    TRILLip Brooks Members Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    bme was nothing but wack beats and yelling
  • L3NU
    L3NU Members Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Shadyteam shut the ? up you ? ? ! Your so got damn repeative ? !

Anyways... I'm about the lyricism more then I am about the production. And lyrically BME ? on WTT. But production wise WTT is better then BME. lyrically Em & Royce >>>>>>> Jay & Ye. I wish Jay would of went in on WTT but he didn't. Ye did his thing and is getting better. But they wasn't seeing Em & 5'9

i agree with all of this
  • colton
    colton Members Posts: 531 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    WTT>>>>>>>>>BME

but BME is better lyrically like people have said
  • jek
    jek Members Posts: 1,786 ✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Kayne and Royce stepped up, Jay lost his lyrical edge along time ago and Eminiem has done so many voice changes over the years it's affecting his delivery.

and i dont agree with all this ? about he has to rap all introspective to be effective, leave that ? to Pac who's somebody that sounds more natural and ginuine rappin about that ? . Eminiem blew up because he was witty and clever , he would say anything to the point that you was hanging off every multiesyllable word to hear what he was gonna say next(shock rap)and actually had a good flow ...not that nasal yelling he does now. I want him pushin lyrical boundries not tryna rap that ol Common subject matter all the time. He dont need to be deep, he needs to make us laff
  • genocide_cutter
    genocide_cutter Members Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Heavy metal kings>>>>>>
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Your so got damn repeative ? !
    repeative
    repeative
    repeative
    repeative
    repeative
    repeative
    repeative
    repeative
    repeative
    repeative
    repeative
    repeative
    repeative
    repeative
    el em aye oh
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Funny. The Eminem stans are saying WTT is shallow swag rap as if "Made In America" "Murder To Excellence" and even "Lift Off" don't exist.

If you prefer superduper rapping ass rap, fine. Say that. But if you don't listen to music with meaningful content or daring production, say that too.
  • buttuh_b
    buttuh_b Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Both wack 3/5 mic albums by artists who have been past their primes for damn near a decade (besides Yeezy)

Very underwhelming from talented artists.
  • joe_smoke
    joe_smoke Members Posts: 100
    edited August 2011
    Options
    yall basically comparing an EP to a LP.... lol, WOW!!!
  • geechee slim
    geechee slim Members Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    They both got the same number of tracks (if you exclude "bonus" songs that end up on mixtapes).

WTT got a few annoying beats. A lot of yelling, and distortion. Bad Meets Evil do better on slow beets with their double-time. The edge that WTT has is songs like Made In America. But these are't the pre-Graduation beets ye used to produce.
  • one_manshow
    one_manshow Members Posts: 4,591 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Both albums didn't meet all the hype. Just a bunch of stans saying WTT is a good album when in reality its doing numbers just based off the fame Jay and Kanye bring to rap.

BME was better lyrically
    WTT better production

Royce>Kanye West

Em and Jay-Z= Both past their prime
  • AK.aPHillYisILL
    AK.aPHillYisILL Members Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    el em aye oh

lmao!!!!!!!!!
  • Bigavelli
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Funny. The Eminem stans are saying WTT is shallow swag rap as if "Made In America" "Murder To Excellence" and even "Lift Off" don't exist.

If you prefer superduper rapping ass rap, fine. Say that. But if you don't listen to music with meaningful content or daring production, say that too.

Agree with that there is a reason this is the lowest selling Album Eminem been apart of in his career cos even the 8 Mile Soundtrack sold over 3 Million and The Re Up sold over Platinum this Album has gone Gold which is decent but still remains the lowest selling project Eminem been apart of and that is cos majority of Eminem fan's didn't enjoy this Album to go out and buy it

Eminem has what over a 100 million fan's worldwide and only 500K bough this Bad Meets Evil project so that should tell you enough cos like i said most mature people don't wanna hear 2 Rappers Rapping saying nothing at all on a track and making no sense people aren't gonna take money out their pocket and buy something like this even the biggest Em fan's in the world

And as far as the Production goes this has to be the weakest Produced Album in 10 years
  • Bigavelli
    edited August 2011
    Options
    jek wrote: »
    Kayne and Royce stepped up, Jay lost his lyrical edge along time ago and Eminiem has done so many voice changes over the years it's affecting his delivery.

and i dont agree with all this ? about he has to rap all introspective to be effective, leave that ? to Pac who's somebody that sounds more natural and ginuine rappin about that ? . Eminiem blew up because he was witty and clever , he would say anything to the point that you was hanging off every multiesyllable word to hear what he was gonna say next(shock rap)and actually had a good flow ...not that nasal yelling he does now. I want him pushin lyrical boundries not tryna rap that ol Common subject matter all the time. He dont need to be deep, he needs to make us laff

Well 2pac had more opporunties than Eminem his mother sent him to Performing Art's school and had a loving mother that was there for him and also had father figures in his life to support him

But they had many similarities both grew up in harsh poverty, both were homeless, both had a mother who was a drug addict, both grew up in a welfare home etc but Eminem never ever had a father figure and had to work minimum wage job's washing dishes to provide for his daughter

If you listened to Eminem from the start he has been making Introperspective/Deep tracks about his life from day 1 like 'Rock Bottom' on The Slim Shady LP that's what makes Eminem so great he talks about ? he been through that so many people go through them self and the Music is like inspiring to people in that same struggle he went through from child hood

Eminem is more genuine at it IMO cos he lived everything he talks about as far as struggle and he put's more Emotion/Pain in the Music than 2pac i feel like with Eminem you actually feel wow imagine if i went through what he did wen you listen to his Introperspective tracks

It's no coincidence his highest selling Album is THe Eminem Show either cos like i said Music is powerful it touches people who going through struggles that the Artist like Eminem has been through and his best tracks ever are his Introperspective tracks too
  • L.P. Royal Flush
    L.P. Royal Flush Members Posts: 770
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Bigavelli wrote: »
    Well 2pac had more opporunties than Eminem his mother sent him to Performing Art's school and had a loving mother that was there for him and also had father figures in his life to support him

But they had many similarities both grew up in harsh poverty, both were homeless, both had a mother who was a drug addict, both grew up in a welfare home etc but Eminem never ever had a father figure and had to work minimum wage job's washing dishes to provide for his daughter

If you listened to Eminem from the start he has been making Introperspective/Deep tracks about his life from day 1 like 'Rock Bottom' on The Slim Shady LP that's what makes Eminem soi great he talks about ? he been through that so many people go through them self and the Music is like inspiring to people in that same struggle he went through from child hood

Eminem is more genuine at it IMO cos he lived everything he talks about as far as struggle and he put's more Emotion/Pain in the Music than 2pac i feel like with Eminem you actually feel wow imagine if i went through what he did wen you listen to his Introperspective tracks

It's no coincidence his highest selling Album is THe Eminem Show either cos like i said Music is powerful it touches people who going through struggles that the Artist like Eminem has been through and his best tracks ever are his Introperspective tracks too

Just because Pac went to a performing Arts school doesn't mean his life was better than Eminem's..I'm a huge Eminem fan, but comparing upbringing, No.Just because a child has both parents and the other don't doesn't mean anything, what if the child with both parents saw his or her dad beat the ? out of his or her mom, but the dude with just one parent lived a good life? So the single parent ? doesn't always justify much. But in Eminem's case it does...but Pac's life wasn't all roses either
  • Bigavelli
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Just because Pac went to a performing Arts school doesn't mean his life was better than Eminem's..I'm a huge Eminem fan, but comparing upbringing, No.Just because a child has both parents and the other don't doesn't mean anything, what if the child with both parents saw his or her dad beat the ? out of his or her mom, but the dude with just one parent lived a good life? So the single parent ? doesn't always justify much. But in Eminem's case it does...but Pac's life wasn't all roses either

Definitley true but growing up with out a father is much tougher from what i know the father figures 2pac had were positive role models and even though he was poor like Eminem he still had a huge opportunity by being sent to Performing Art's school

All an Artist can do is Write about their life experiences and what they been through and put as much Emotion/Passion behind it and hopefully it can touch the listener who is going through that struggle in their life

DatDudeB gave the most honest answer in this anyway he isn't even an Em fan but said he get's what Em's talking about cos he been through those struggles but can't connect cos Eminem is white i think on the IC others feel this way but just don't wanna say this and then of course theres those on the IC who never been through what Eminem has like growing up really poor in the hood, working minimum wage to provide for their child, baby mother drama, having no father, having a mother on welfare etc so if you ain't been through all that you gonna want to be entertained from Eminem rather than connect to the struggle if you ain't been through it

But then also Eminem has a huge Middle Class Suburban fan base who don't know the first thing about poverty, growing up in a broken home, growing up in section 8, working blood sweat and tears to feed ya kid etc but they are drawn in on hearing that struggle cos they never lived it so Eminem gives it to them