Bad Meets Evil VS Watch The Throne

Options

Comments

• YamoleySensei
    YamoleySensei Members Posts: 8,508 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Watch the Throne ? on Bad Meets Evil....

Jay, Kanye and Royce >>>>>>>>>>>> Eminem
  • genocide_cutter
    genocide_cutter Members Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    wtt, the only people who liked bad meets evil are either openly homosexual whiteboys or self hating negros

Says this ?
  • Bigavelli
    Bigavelli Members Posts: 3,465
    edited August 2011
    Options
    See i wouldn't be a Rap fan if it was just Cannabis, Royce, Corny Gunz

For me you need everything Deep Subject Matter that you experienced and can reach people going through the same struggles give them inspiration, you need catchy Hook's Hook's are not suppose to be Lyrical they suppose to have Melody and be catchy to draw the listener, you need to have emotion and passion in your Music expressing your pain, you need good Production etc

Rap would be depressing to listen to if you read the tastes of bloggers

It's a loser if you just Rapping ass Rapping ass Rapper ass Rapper

Artist man you gotta be a Artist
  • Trollio
    Trollio Members Posts: 25,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    somebody Press Menu..Meduim sizes fries that cd
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    BME sounds like two ? trying to outrap each other instead of making an album. imo
  • Bigavelli
    edited August 2011
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    BME sounds like two ? trying to outrap each other instead of making an album. imo

Yeah agreed fully

Mr Porter Production as well ruined the Album
  • texas409
    texas409 Members Posts: 20,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    why eminem got on gloves tho????

? looks corny
  • geechee slim
    geechee slim Members Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    What are the only good songs on WTT? You got "Why I Love You," "Illest MF Alive," and "? in Paris."

You can listen to BAD MEETS EVIL front to back. You get 200% better lyricism.

WTT lacked production in my opinion. No real bass, scratchy samples, and that annoying song Otis.

WTT = 2/5.
    BME = 4/5.
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Smh @ ? still giving Shadyteam the attention

Production- WTT

Lyrically- BME

Tie
  • Bigavelli
    edited August 2011
    Options
    What are the only good songs on WTT? You got "Why I Love You," "Illest MF Alive," and "? in Paris."

You can listen to BAD MEETS EVIL front to back. You get 200% better lyricism.

WTT lacked production in my opinion. No real bass, scratchy samples, and that annoying song Otis.

WTT = 2/5.
    BME = 4/5.

I can't name a good Song as far as replay value or a Song on the Bad Meets Evil Album that i could say wow that was hot or inspiring or classic

Did you listen to the Production on Bad Meets Evil? can you honestly tell me that Production wasn't weak?

Like Usmarin said rather than an Album it was like 2 robots just trying to Rap for the sake of it

And as another poster said this was Eminem doing this to help his friend sell some records and make money this didn't seem like Eminem took the project serious
  • Bigavelli
    edited August 2011
    Options
    hlf wrote: »
    Smh @ ? still giving Shadyteam the attention

Production- WTT

Lyrically- BME

Tie

Tell me 1 false statement i made that is wrong and also to back up my claims i will even show you an interview with Eminem talking about how he isn't happy with Shock Value and likes to provide his fan's with good Music as far as Content, feeling, emotion and a message

Is it not true that on Bad Meets Evil it was both of them mostly Rapping with out saying anything at all as far as Lyrical Content/Subject Matter?

Is it not true that the Album was Comedy/Shock influenced?

Is it not true that the Production on the Album was not up to high standards and sounded bland/generic?

Tell me were i'm lying? and do you think it's a coincidence so many others have voiced these things too?
  • wordsRweapons
    wordsRweapons Members Posts: 3,217 ✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Kanye West has very limited rapping abilities, plain and simple. He is a producer first and rapper second, and that is not hard to tell. There is nothing wrong with that, but the sad thing is that he still outrapped Jay on this. The album is produced nicely. To be honest, kanye west should consider releasing an instrumental album.

But I dont listen to rap for the background beats. I despise "swag rapping". Kanye West and Jay-z had a chance to deliver a strong message with this album and instead they were talking about their "other benz". And they didnt even do it cleverly.

Keep in mind Bad Meets Evil was a random mix of songs eminem and royce did together. Its an Ep. Its not supposed to have a cohesive message.

But Bad Meets Evil ? on Watch the Throne when it comes to rapping. And thats what i listen to rap music for. The rapping. Both albums did not have a strong message. And there was a lot of talk "about nothing". But if your gonna make a "meaningless" song, at least do it with skill.

Bad Meets Evil has been on repeat since I bought it. I catch a new hidden punchline all the time. Their flows are in pocket and the lyrics are dope.

Cannot say the same for Watch the Throne. If im in the mood for instrumentals, maybe ill check it out again
  • eyes low
    eyes low Members Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    both albums are disappointments, you have 4 off the most skilled rappers in hip hop and they put out 2 mediocre albums.
  • wordsRweapons
    edited August 2011
    Options
    why eminem got on gloves tho????

? looks corny

why you got a Boston RedSox hat on even though you live in Texas??

? Looks corny

Ps: Gloves help you grip the mic.That ? gets to your hands after a while.
  • Bigavelli
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Also hlf you think it's a coincidence Recovery sold what 6 million right now while this Bad Meets Evil is barley Gold and won't sell anywhere near Recovery?

You think it's a coincidence Recovery won Grammy awards, got good reviews and generally pleased majority of Em fan's? oppossed to this Album with Royce?

Tell me were i'm wrong or are you to scared to debate hlf cos you know you are incorrect?

It's not just my opinion or me saying majority of Em fan's feel this way Eminem has got on camera himself and straight out the horses mouth said he done the Shock Content/Comedy Rap but that's not the real side of him or who he is as an Artist he said he doesn't even let his daughter listen to those kinda records

So were am i so much in the wrong hlf? i respect you have a taste in Comedy Rap or just RAppers who Rapping just to do it with out saying anything but you should respect others tastes too no?
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Both albums did not have a strong message. And there was a lot of talk "about nothing". But if your gonna make a "meaningless" song, at least do it with skill.

? , somebody gets it.
  • refcortez
    refcortez Members Posts: 377 ✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    i just listened to wtt for the first and last time. jay-z fell off of a space base, dude sucks now. hell the sequel is way better, on all levels and i barely like that ep.
  • b@squ1@t redux
    b@squ1@t redux Members Posts: 13,035 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    as a self hating cooned-out housetom wiggerfied ? i will say BME >> Recovery all day

but WTT >> BME
  • wordsRweapons
    edited August 2011
    Options
    ? , somebody gets it.

gotta educate these people lol
  • Bigavelli
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Kanye West has very limited rapping abilities, plain and simple. He is a producer first and rapper second, and that is not hard to tell. There is nothing wrong with that, but the sad thing is that he still outrapped Jay on this. The album is produced nicely. To be honest, kanye west should consider releasing an instrumental album.

But I dont listen to rap for the background beats. I despise "swag rapping". Kanye West and Jay-z had a chance to deliver a strong message with this album and instead they were talking about their "other benz". And they didnt even do it cleverly.

Keep in mind Bad Meets Evil was a random mix of songs eminem and royce did together. Its an Ep. Its not supposed to have a cohesive message.

But Bad Meets Evil ? on Watch the Throne when it comes to rapping. And thats what i listen to rap music for. The rapping. Both albums did not have a strong message. And there was a lot of talk "about nothing". But if your gonna make a "meaningless" song, at least do it with skill.

Bad Meets Evil has been on repeat since I bought it. I catch a new hidden punchline all the time. Their flows are in pocket and the lyrics are dope.

Cannot say the same for Watch the Throne. If im in the mood for instrumentals, maybe ill check it out again

My thing is i don't see skill in just Rapping with out saying anything and making meaningless Song's as you put it anyone can do that and it's not something i can listen to or enjoy

The great thing about Hip Hop is to this day it's well balanced

You got Eminem, 2pac, ZRO who are Personal Introperspective Artists speaking on their experiences what i would say is reaching people with what they been through

You got the likes of T.I., Rick Ross, Jay Z, Bun B etc who talk about hustling

You got Drake, LL Cool J etc catering to the females

You got Redman, Ludacris, Busta doing the animated Rap

But when an Artist as talented as Eminem that has touched so many people and so many people around the world are inspired by his Music as far as him touching on his struggles that people them self go through don't you think it's a waste just making meaningless Song's? you think it's a huge coincidence that people say in general Shock Rap lacks replay value even Eminem said this himself that after a few listens it get's boring like joke over

But a Album were you put your pain, heart and soul will never get boring it touches people in a way cos Music is powerful
  • b@squ1@t redux
    edited August 2011
    Options

Production- WTT

Lyrically- BME

Tie

? somebody gets it.
  • Bigavelli
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Even with the riots going on out here i just think it's crazy cos

I remember posters on here saying Eminem is ? cos he makes Song's about his daughter expressing love and how he feels

With these riots going on the mindless actions you think the attitude some people have can you blame them when in society there are people that exist who think loving/providing/caring about your daughter/son is '? '?

Is it a wonder then why some kid's act how they do and lost all hope?

Not to say you gotta pretend to like a Song Em may do about his daughter if you don't but to call it ? that is just sad and pathetic and shows how immature and weird some people are
  • b@squ1@t redux
    edited August 2011
    Options
    mr.mathers can stop those riots with a single wave of his godly hand.
  • Mdizzle9000
    Mdizzle9000 Members, Writer Posts: 8,319 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
  • turqiun
    turqiun Members Posts: 1,491 ✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    BME sounded like another generic eminem album. Horrid production, weak choruses and uninspiring lyricism. Royce shined but seemed like Eminems creative control forced royce to hold back. Royce dope but doesnt have enought experience with timeless music. Eminem is just a low grade artist. Those two couldnt possibly make something as dope as WTT.

Whoa!!, Damn that was a harsh opinion lol