Bad Meets Evil VS Watch The Throne

Options

Comments

• DatNiggaB1
    DatNiggaB1 Members Posts: 6,066 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Bigavelli wrote: »
    DatDudeB why didn't you like Rcovery if you don't mind me asking?

The Content was Deep and inspiring, the Hook's were catchy and Emotional, the Lyrical Content was touching and the Production was decent

What more could you possibley ask for?

I just cant get wid it, didn't like it. I not into shock ? either but if BME was more shock then it was better than Recovery. If that makes sense.

I cant think of one song I like on Recovery where as there is at leat 3 straight off the dome I like from BME
  • Bigavelli
    Bigavelli Members Posts: 3,465
    edited August 2011
    Options
    DatNiggaB1 wrote: »
    I just cant get wid it, didn't like it. I not into shock ? either but if BME was more shock then it was better than Recovery. If that makes sense.

I cant think of one song I like on Recovery where as there is at leat 3 straight off the dome I like from BME

Because you are 1 of the more mature posters here and you started this thread i got another question and since you not actually an Em fan either

Do you feel that only ? Eminem fan's can enjoy and appreciate the Deep Eminem? in the sense that Eminem gives you his whole life and struggles on wax to appreciate you gotta follow Eminem as far as having an interest in his life it's harder to do that if you just a casual Eminem fan

You get where i'm coming from?
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    WTT easily. Threadstarter you should add a poll to this thread.
  • Lab Baby
    Lab Baby Members Posts: 8,154 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    After another listen...

New Day and Murder to Excellence>>>>>>>>>>>>>>any song on BME
  • DatNiggaB1
    edited August 2011
    Options
    WTT easily. Threadstarter you should add a poll to this thread.

wanted to but not sure how.....smh.

Can I still do it?
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    this really isn't a contest WTT
  • DatNiggaB1
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Because you are 1 of the more mature posters here and you started this thread i got another question and since you not actually an Em fan either

Do you feel that only ? Eminem fan's can enjoy and appreciate the Deep Eminem? in the sense that Eminem gives you his whole life and struggles on wax to appreciate you gotta follow Eminem as far as having an interest in his life it's harder to do that if you just a casual Eminem fan

You get where i'm coming from?

My honest opinion on Eminem is that he is one of the greatest human beings to pic up the mic and rap in terms of actual ryhme skills. When you say deep Eminem, a fan in general has to be able to relate in someway. Now, everyday struggles of life preasure, drugs etc affects people of all race. I've been through ? . But I don't relate to Em when he says it and thats cause he a white guy. The way he says certain ? , allthough i get it, I dont relate.

Its also hard for a casual fan to take his ? serious when he has so much shock ? , and I watched him come in the game with his gimmick that allowed him to grab fans that would otherwise not be hiphop fans.
  • Bigavelli
    edited August 2011
    Options
    My honest opinion on Eminem is that he is one of the greatest human beings to pic up the mic and rap in terms of actual ryhme skills. When you say deep Eminem, a fan in general has to be able to relate in someway. Now, everyday struggles of life preasure, drugs etc affects people of all race. I've been through ? . But I don't relate to Em when he says it and thats cause he a white guy. The way he says certain ? , allthough i get it, I dont relate.

Its also hard for a casual fan to take his ? serious when he has so much shock ? , and I watched him come in the game with his gimmick that allowed him to grab fans that would otherwise not be hiphop fans.

Ok so you feel when it comes to Deep Eminem it's not you not being able to not appreciate, like, relate to what he saying as far as topics of poverty, loving and providing for his daughter, drug addiction, having no father etc it's to do with him being a white person talking about it

Thanks for the answer i assumed this was the case for most people on the IC
  • TrueGodHS
    TrueGodHS Members Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Watch The Throne.. not even close. Bad Meets Evil is wack
  • DatNiggaB1
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Ok so you feel when it comes to Deep Eminem it's not you not being able to not appreciate, like, relate to what he saying as far as topics of poverty, loving and providing for his daughter, drug addiction, having no father etc it's to do with him being a white person talking about it

Thanks for the answer i assumed this was the case for most people on the IC

Makes me sound ignorant, but I cant help it........I listened to hiphop all my life and it took a whiteman to come in the game before it was really accepted by crossover crowds, i resent that fact a little.

Edit: its not just he's white, it's he's white in a black music genre. And he will go down in history as the GOAT.
  • bankrupt baller
    bankrupt baller Members Posts: 12,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    I seriously dont know one black person that even dl BME, yet alone purchased it. The hood isnt playing it. Black music venues arent playing it. Like that ? only exist online and in white communities.

so the hood is playing watch the throne? lol i doubt it
  • TRILLip Brooks
    TRILLip Brooks Members Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    wtt, the only people who liked bad meets evil are either openly homosexual whiteboys or self hating negros
  • Bigavelli
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Makes me sound ignorant, but I cant help it........I listened to hiphop all my life and it took a whiteman to come in the game before it was really accepted by crossover crowds, i resent that fact a little.

Edit: its not just he's white, it's he's white in a black music genre. And he will go down in history as the GOAT.

I don't think it's ignorance i understand even if he talking about struggles a person of all races has experienced basically speaking about his lower class enviroment because of history and segregation it's hard to say yeah that Eminem Song about growing up in the hood or about baby mother drama or about loving his kid is hot cos in the back of a persons mind it's hard to get past a white person moving you in a way someone your own colour can

I don't agree with that view cos i can appreciate and get inspired by his deep Song's but i can respect where you coming from
  • coolc31
    coolc31 Members Posts: 517 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    so the hood is playing watch the throne? lol i doubt it

The hood & the suburbs are playing it. Blacks aren't only in the hood.
  • bankrupt baller
    edited August 2011
    Options
    coolc31 wrote: »
    The hood & the suburbs are playing it. Blacks aren't only in the hood.

lol no ? blacks arent only in the hood.....that had nothing to do with what i was asking
  • JayToTheZ
    JayToTheZ Members Posts: 454
    edited August 2011
    Options
    WTT by far!
    But Bad Meets Evil was far more lyrical....
  • coolc31
    coolc31 Members Posts: 517 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    lol no ? blacks arent only in the hood.....that had nothing to do with what i was asking

I know what you were asking & I answered. I also let you know Blacks in general are playing it. Just because it doesn't get hood play doesn't mean it's not banging, but like I said, it's in the hood too...at least the ones I know.
  • Bigavelli
    edited August 2011
    Options
    I look at it like this DatDudeB

Liking the Slim Shady persona that just Rap's for the sake of it is like renting a apartment it's the safer option you enjoy the Flows you might laugh you might think yea this nice

Liking and apreaciting the Deep/Intoperspective Eminem over his persona (The Eminem Show, Recoverry, tracks on his first 2 Album's like Rock Bottom, tracks like Lose Yourself etc) is like getting a mortgage for a house there has to be a special attachment there has to be a feeling of connecting to the Artist speaking about these struggles like their Music inspiring you through hardship's

Am i correct DatDudeB?
  • bankrupt baller
    edited August 2011
    Options
    nothing special about either album
  • IResearch
    IResearch Members Posts: 287 ✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Bme is far better.
    WTT is boring and they can't out rap Royce and Em.
    Most of y'all on here are haters
  • rapmastermind
    rapmastermind Members Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    "BME" sounded like a glorified mix tape and it came out 10 years late. I like a few tracks on it but honestly it's collecting a little dust just a few months later. I think had they done this in 2000-2003 it could of probably be close to classic but Em is uninspired at this point. It's funny, the same way Jay didn't want a full LP for WTT, I'm sure Em did this for Royce. Royce albums get shelved and he's never gone Gold. Em did this to as Royce say, "Resurrect his cash flow". This was Em looking out for his friend royce. And the album will still only go GOLD. "WTT" is more cohesion and has better replay value but it's only a few days in so we will see. The Production is definitely better on WTT. Now I think Lyrically it's more even than people think. In my view, Royce was definitely going in, but for Em there was some carry over from "Recovery" still too much yelling. So here's how I see it:

WTT - 4 MICS
    BME - 3.5 MICS
  • blackbloc
    blackbloc Members Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    so i finally listen to both albums twice and i an say easily em a royce albums is way better then kanye and jay . bme is a rap/hiphop ablum and wtt is ? rapping but far from hiphop
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Lyrically no comparision... Em half ass spitting is better than Jayz half ass rhyming imo...
  • genocide_cutter
    genocide_cutter Members Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    liked them both equally
  • Bigavelli
    edited August 2011
    Options
    nujerz84 wrote: »
    Lyrically no comparision... Em half ass spitting is better than Jayz half ass rhyming imo...

Yeah but explain that cos on Bad Meets Evil Album neither were saying anything Lyrically

Rapping isn't about Rapping for the sake of it it's about crafting a Song with content that touches people, crafting a catchy Hook, making or choosing a dope Beat, speaking on your experiences etc

You would not feel like a loser if you were just Rapping with out saying nothing sounding like a robot and only appealing to a small fan base?

You wouldn't want to move people with your Music? be an Artist too not just a Rapper so elivate yourself to Sing, craft different type of Song's, put emotion and your soul behind what you saying etc???