Bad Meets Evil VS Watch The Throne

Options
1235»

Comments

• MrCrafty
    MrCrafty Members Posts: 1,624
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Funny. The Eminem stans are saying WTT is shallow swag rap as if "Made In America" "Murder To Excellence" and even "Lift Off" don't exist.

If you prefer superduper rapping ass rap, fine. Say that. But if you don't listen to music with meaningful content or daring production, say that too.

• Bigavelli
    Bigavelli Members Posts: 3,465
    edited August 2011
    Options

Funny people wanna forget Eminem had Deep/Introperspective tracks like this on his first 2 Album's

Eminem himself said he had to switch it up with the Slim Shady gimmick after Infinite to get a record deal cos not everyone is mature, intelligent and real enough to appreciate Deep Music about struggles in life
  • njolinjo
    njolinjo Members Posts: 364
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Im still repeating the "die hard" punchline from the intro of BME. Any1 who think Em fell off lyrically is kidding themselves.

Also, Jay-Z did his thing on the WTT. Think people have stupid expectations from both Jay and Em. Fact is they are both legends in the game and there isnt a damn thing haters can do to fade them.
  • Bigavelli
    edited August 2011
    Options
    It does seem like social outcasts and loners tend to like Shock Rap more than anybody else don't wanna sterotype but this is what i seen
  • Bigavelli
    edited August 2011
    Options
    njolinjo wrote: »
    Im still repeating the "die hard" punchline from the intro of BME. Any1 who think Em fell off lyrically is kidding themselves.

Also, Jay-Z did his thing on the WTT. Think people have stupid expectations from both Jay and Em. Fact is they are both legends in the game and there isnt a damn thing haters can do to fade them.

Rapping fast saying nothing making no sense is not Lyricism

Lyricism is crafting a Song that makes sense and has good Subject Matter that is done with Word Play, Multi's, Story Telling etc but actually saying something deep at the same time actually touching the listener
  • geechee slim
    geechee slim Members Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    BME is still less annoying. I hate when Ye distorts his voice. How's Hov gonna say "ya voice too light" when he sound like a 12 year old on the album. WTT nay have "subject matter" or whatever you wanna call it, but BME is FAR more entertaining. I laughed my ass off at this album.

"I make songs for me, leave the studio and go ? the ? who belongs to who makin' songs for YOU //
    She said I'm feelin yo whole swagga and flo / can we hook up? I said "You just used the word swagga, so NO!"
  • geechee slim
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Imma use math, at the risk of being wrong about WTT.

Bad Meets Evil: Hell The Sequel
    1. Welcome to Hell = 2/5. Lotta lyrics, plain beat. Nice intro.
    2. Fast Lane = 4/5. Great song, greater video. No single this year has had as many dope lyrics.
    3. The Reunion = 4/5. I love the beat, and the fact that Royce slammed the word "SWAGGA."
    4. Above the Law = 4/5. Best hook on the album. Amp beat. "Leave you ? : ? up beyond all recognition!"
    5. I'm On Everything = 4/5. FUNNY song. Especially the hook.
    6. A Kiss = 5/5. Easily the est beat on the album. LOL@ Lady Gaga being a mail/male lady.
    7. Lighters = 2/5, because it's pop. Softest song on the album, made for the ladies I guess.
    8. Take From Me = 2/5. Deepest song on the album. Makes you think about downloading music and supporting artists.
    9. Loud Noises = 3/5. A lot of dribble, but some dopeness from all of Slaughterhouse. Even Joe Budden got nice double-time.
    10. Living Proof = 2/5. It's alright.
    11. Echo = 3/5. I love the beat, and good rhymes.

Thats 35/55 which equals 1.571.

Hov + Ye: Watch The Thrown
    1. No Church In The Wild = 2/5. For an intro It's alright... Damn, people still autotune?
    2. Lift Off = 1/5. If I wore skinny jeans and put my pants on while on my back, then I'd love this song.
    3. ? In Paris = 3/5. Good quotables, but slightly annoying. "Bout to call paparazzi on myself"
    4. Otis = 1/5. WOW, this song's annoying. Too much noise repeating itself.
    5. Gotta Have It = 3/5. Great beat, they rode the beat well. Nice back-n-forth.
    6. New Day = 3/5. Subject matter overshadows the depressing beat. I hate when you hear the hook in the verse.
    7. Thats My ? = 2/5. I love La Roux, but beat could've been better. Great hook with the chick singing.
    8. Welcome to the Jungle = 1/5. Easily the worse song on the album.
    9. Who Gon Stop Me = 4/5. One of the best beats. Damn Ye, quit rapping through a megaphone!
    10. Murder to Excellence = 2/5. Deep subject matter, but why taco-meat-chested Kanye gotta sing such high notes? That's not pimpin at all.
    11. Made in America = 3/5. Another deep track, but the beat lacks. SWEET JESUS!
    12. Why I Love You = 5/5. What more can I say?
    13. Illest M/F Alive = 3/5. Another dope beet with sub-par lyrics.

That's 33. The White boy and the short ? win.

These are purely my opinions.
  • jek
    jek Members Posts: 1,786 ✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Bigavelli wrote: »
    Well 2pac had more opporunties than Eminem his mother sent him to Performing Art's school and had a loving mother that was there for him and also had father figures in his life to support him

But they had many similarities both grew up in harsh poverty, both were homeless, both had a mother who was a drug addict, both grew up in a welfare home etc but Eminem never ever had a father figure and had to work minimum wage job's washing dishes to provide for his daughter

If you listened to Eminem from the start he has been making Introperspective/Deep tracks about his life from day 1 like 'Rock Bottom' on The Slim Shady LP that's what makes Eminem so great he talks about ? he been through that so many people go through them self and the Music is like inspiring to people in that same struggle he went through from child hood

Eminem is more genuine at it IMO cos he lived everything he talks about as far as struggle and he put's more Emotion/Pain in the Music than 2pac i feel like with Eminem you actually feel wow imagine if i went through what he did wen you listen to his Introperspective tracks

It's no coincidence his highest selling Album is THe Eminem Show either cos like i said Music is powerful it touches people who going through struggles that the Artist like Eminem has been through and his best tracks ever are his Introperspective tracks too

that he went thru alot ? is just an excuse and a cop out! name me a respected on the streets rapper that aint never went thru nothing like poverty, or abuse as a kid or daddy not being in the home, or if you black racism. Just cuz you go thru alotta dont mean most of your songs gotta be all somber n ? . You bring up Pac and i disagree with you about emininem sounding more natural being introspective. when it comes to that he's not on Pacs level and altleast that ? knew how to make a different kinda song from that subject matter without changing his voice 100 times. like I dont care what his sales say...everybody i know like Em when he first blew cuz him Camron and Redman were the only rappers with a sence of humor in they ? , He had amazing rhyme skills he displayed in his freestyles(maybe you feel that's rhymeing about nonsence), and he would push the controvercy envelope to the point you would be listenin to him on edge wondering what he would say next. THAT's WHAT MADE HIM EMINIEM. In that since he fell way off to the point I wanted him to dye his hair back blonde when he first got off the painkillers.
  • geechee slim
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Wow, this thread could have gone longer.
  • Mr.Audigier216
    Mr.Audigier216 Members Posts: 4,905 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    As a fan of both albums.....I just tweeted today that IMO Bad meets Evil is better than WTT.....Kanye didn't hold his own like Royce did track for track bar for bar
  • geechee slim
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Side note: A "Welcome to the Throne" blend would be hot.

Em and Royce over Ye' and Jus beats? Sheeee-it.
  • Ier30
    Ier30 Members Posts: 311
    edited August 2011
    Options
    WTT was better musically as far and production and song structure but as far as lyrics and actual rapping bme was better in that aspect that being said IMO wtt
  • Mr.Audigier216
    Mr.Audigier216 Members Posts: 4,905 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Side note: A "Welcome to the Throne" blend would be hot.

Em and Royce over Ye' and Jus beats? Sheeee-it.
    Man the game ain't ready for that type of heat
    Ier30 wrote: »
    WTT was better musically as far and production and song structure but as far as lyrics and actual rapping bme was better in that aspect that being said IMO wtt
    I agree, production wise WTT was better but as far as that heat on tha lyrical tip...BME is on point...nat nan nada duo can bring it like that
  • JimmySmith
    JimmySmith Members Posts: 1
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Tbh people have different tastes.. What I look for in rap is smart lyrics as in hot wordplay and metaphors and noone is better than eminem in that area.. I dont care much for production or subject matter so i think watch the throne is horrible. And although its off topic I think tupac is the most overrated rapper ever because he didnt have good lyrics, flow, or beats and he wasnt a good freestyler just his subject matter was touching.. If eminem royce kanye and jayz had to make a song with a given topic which was random which no one could relate to with the same beat eminem would come up with the best result. I dont care for any of the production or subject matter I care for raw talent and eminem has more of that than any rapper.
  • Yeezy
    Yeezy Members Posts: 12
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Watch the Throne is so much better than BME...

BMEis an EP too so you cant compare it to the whole album but overall, Watch the Throne has better content and isn't as corny