Couple of christianity questions

Options

Comments

• judahxulu
    judahxulu Members Posts: 3,988 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    how are ya?

dictionary's track how people are currently using language. they're not the end all be all source for what words mean. i think we can agree that the word faith has different meanings in different contexts, and in the case of religion, faith is about electing to hold to a metaphysical conclusion whether or not its supported by available premises and evidences

I am robust and in good health, kind sir.Thank you for asking. I think you summed up that religious faith thing succinctly.
  • TX_Made713
    TX_Made713 Members Posts: 3,954 ✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    now things are about to get interesting
  • judahxulu
    edited June 2010
    Options
    TX_Made713 wrote: »
    now things are about to get interesting

Good. This one-trick pony, fake ass black power ? that dominates around here is getting boring. We needs a bit of shaking up in this piece.
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    notme wrote: »
    And since you can't prove that ? does NOT exist, you rely on that same FAITH as well to perpetuate your BELIEFS

LOL the burden of proof is on you to prove that he exist, none of us has even seen ? so my convictions stands up more than yours. You only think you know that a ? exists
  • judahxulu
    edited June 2010
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    LOL the burden of proof is on you to prove that he exist, none of us has even seen ? so my convictions stands up more than yours. You only think you know that a ? exists

You cant see air neither.Prove or disprove its existence. Make the debate more interesting than that dude.
  • usmarin3
    edited June 2010
    Options
    judahxulu wrote: »
    You cant see air neither.Prove or disprove its existence. Make the debate more interesting than that dude.

I can feel air, i don't feel ? .
  • BiblicalAtheist
    BiblicalAtheist Members Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options

But can you taste, smell, hear, see or touch consciousness?
  • usmarin3
    edited June 2010
    Options
    But can you taste, smell, hear, see or touch consciousness?

I live consciousness, the mere fact that i think about the plight of the less fortunate and people who suffer, shows that i am conscious. To have compassion is to be conscious!
  • BiblicalAtheist
    edited June 2010
    Options
    I live consciousness, the mere fact that i think about the plight of the less fortunate and people who suffer, shows that i am conscious. To have compassion is to be conscious!

Where is your consciousness?
  • usmarin3
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Where is your consciousness?

Just being aware, looking beyond the ? of everyday life. Seeing it's more to life than material possession, hoes, self indulgence,etc.
  • BiblicalAtheist
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Just being aware, looking beyond the ? of everyday life. Seeing it's more to life than material possession, hoes, self indulgence,etc.

The point is, you want proof of something in order to believe its real. Yet you can't even prove your own consciousness exists, you only "think" you know that consciousness exists.
  • usmarin3
    edited June 2010
    Options
    The point is, you want proof of something in order to believe its real. Yet you can't even prove your own consciousness exists, you only "think" you know that consciousness exists.

WTF are you talking about dude, your making no ? sense. I exist, and i spoke to you on what makes me conscious, that alone ends that conversation. You cannot prove that ? exists, so that argument alone is a moot point. I don't get what you're tryna prove, i see fallacies in your argument.
  • BiblicalAtheist
    edited June 2010
    Options
    WTF are you talking about dude, your making no ? sense. I exist, and i spoke to you on what makes me conscious, that alone ends that conversation. You cannot prove that ? exists, so that argument alone is a moot point. I don't get what you're tryna prove, i see fallacies in your argument.

Just because you come up with some wild fairytale that you think about the plight of the less fortunate and people who suffer, does not prove consciousness. You can't prove consciousness any more than you can ? , yet you believe there is consciousness and that you experience it.
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    DoUwant2go2Heaven Members Posts: 10,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    thats pretty much the exact same thing i said, dun
    No it wasn't.
  • usmarin3
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Just because you come up with some wild fairytale that you think about the plight of the less fortunate and people who suffer, does not prove consciousness. You can't prove consciousness any more than you can ? , yet you believe there is consciousness and that you experience it.

Dude consciousness just means you're aware, are you seriously saying human beings aren't aware? smh, just admit you talked yourself into a corner.
  • KTULU IS BACK
    KTULU IS BACK Banned Users Posts: 6,617 ✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    consciousness is a word we use to describe some of the activity of the brain of sentient creatures

air is gaseous molecules

why would anybody compare these two things?

yall dumb
  • BiblicalAtheist
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Dude consciousness just means you're aware, are you seriously saying human beings aren't aware? smh, just admit you talked yourself into a corner.

No corners, put those cups down and think on it a while.
  • judahxulu
    edited June 2010
    Options

so do you feel your atlantean aliens?

and have you ever considered that maybe this lack of feeling you experience is a deficiency on your part?
  • usmarin3
    edited June 2010
    Options
    so do you feel your atlantean aliens?

and have you ever considered that maybe this lack of feeling you experience is a deficiency on your part?

Who said i believed in altantean aliens? I wouldn't say the lack of feeling is a dificiency, i would say i don't need a coping mechanism. c
  • usmarin3
    edited June 2010
    Options
    No corners, put those cups down and think on it a while.

How predictable, i guess that's a checkmate for me
  • judahxulu
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Who said i believed in altantean aliens? I wouldn't say the lack of feeling is a dificiency, i would say i don't need a coping mechanism. c

You keep posting about ancient aliens. Obviously youre a Sitchin fan. His aliens are the Atlanteans.

And you're in a picture holding TWO beers, and you don't need a coping mechanism?

Come on, son.
  • usmarin3
    edited June 2010
    Options
    You keep posting about ancient aliens. Obviously youre a Sitchin fan. His aliens are the Atlanteans.

And you're in a picture holding TWO beers, and you don't need a coping mechanism?

Come on, son.

I posted that it was a interesting documentary, specifically from the technical aspect of ancient men building and logistically doing all those feets.

Don't worry about what i am holding in my hand, just know that i have two degrees and soon to be a law degree from UM in a year to go with those beers. I love how you idiots always make assumptions about people. Don't let these beers fool ya, i have the intelligence to back my ? up.
  • judahxulu
    edited June 2010
    Options
    I posted that it was a interesting documentary, specifically from the technical aspect of ancient men building and logistically doing all those feets.

Don't worry about what i am holding in my hand, just know that i have two degrees and soon to be a law degree from UM in a year to go with those beers. I love how you idiots always make assumptions about people. Don't let these beers fool ya, i have the intelligence to back my ? up.
    Seems to me you were speaking in a definitive manner, but OK, whatever.

So if man didn't do it and no Divine force did it, then who? If you admit you don't know (the Truth) then you would also have to admit your understanding is lacking which would prove therefore that you are unqualified to speak so definitively of matters beyond the 3rd dimension.Your blind faith is simply vested in the unspoken religion of empirical knowledge.

The same people running the world into the ground have degrees. Thats not a qualifier of intelligence nor does your level of intelligence in any way relate to your need for a coping mechanisms. Coping mechanisms are not bad in and of themselves, tough guy. They can be creative, destructive or neutral. You egotism is another one of your coping mechanisms. I hope you have some creative ones too.
  • usmarin3
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Seems to me you were speaking in a definitive manner, but OK, whatever.

So if man didn't do it and no Divine force did it, then who? If you admit you don't know (the Truth) then you would also have to admit your understanding is lacking which would prove therefore that you are unqualified to speak so definitively of matters beyond the 3rd dimension.Your blind faith is simply vested in the unspoken religion of empirical knowledge.

The same people running the world into the ground have degrees. Thats not a qualifier of intelligence nor does your level of intelligence in any way relate to your need for a coping mechanisms. Coping mechanisms are not bad in and of themselves, tough guy. They can be creative, destructive or neutral. You egotism is another one of your coping mechanisms. I hope you have some creative ones too.

Obviously i can't speak in a definite manner because i was not there to observe these things.

How am i unqualified to speak on what i think happen, isn't that what theory and hypothesis is, a educated guess. Do you ask religious people to prove that ? exists when they say they believe he controls the world? So why the ? should i have to prove my believes in empircal evidence!

Sounds to me you caught feelings and you played yourself making assumptions about me, maybe next time your sensitive ass won't get so personal and you're the one who brought ego into it. The same people who are responsible for the progression of society have degrees, and i am more likely to listen to someone who has years of training and education over a fool who talks out his ass.
  • judahxulu
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Obviously i can't speak in a definite manner because i was not there to observe these things.

How am i unqualified to speak on what i think happen, isn't that what theory and hypothesis is, a educated guess. Do you ask religious people to prove that ? exists when they say they believe he controls the world? So why the ? should i have to prove my believes in empircal evidence!

Sounds to me you caught feelings and you played yourself making assumptions about me, maybe next time your sensitive ass won't get so personal and you're the one who brought ego into it. The same people who are responsible for the progression of society have degrees, and i am more likely to listen to someone who has years of training and education over a fool who talks out his ass.

Youre not qualified to say what exists and what doesn't. You don't say "I think" or "I believe" or "I hypothesize". You say "this IS" or "this ISN'T". These are definitive terms. Concrete statements.

If a religious person tells me ? exists, then I ask him what ? . If he speaks of it, it exists. THE EXPANSE OF ITS POWER IS DEBATABLE.

I think a comparative analysis of our posts will prove where the emotional content is the strongest. Feelings caught indeed.

Progression of society? You just cast all of the pillars of modern society in a negative light (i.e. religion, government, politics etc). The men who lead these areas have degrees. You're confused, Toby. The earth has spiraled to damn near the brink of destruction in the past 400 years at an unprecedented rate. What progress do you speak of? The white boy who made it possible for us to have this friendly chat right now didn't have a degree. Malcolm X didn't have a degree. Neither did Gandhi. Neither did Mansa Musa.I donate food to a lot of homeless people with degrees. Your inclinations show that your rote memorization of your university curriculum has failed to teach you how to THINK.

So it seems you and your Christian brothers have more in common than you think:

A.) Your belief in things you cannot prove and disbelief in that which you can't prove.

B.) Your blind faith in the (false) superiority of intellectual/ideological hand-me-downs from your Anglo handlers.

C.) You have proven to be Christ-like in the sense that you are make-believe, you sonned yourself and just got murked.

You are a fine example of the Leatherneck tradition.

? .