Couple of christianity questions

Options

Comments

• texas409
    texas409 Members Posts: 20,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    wtf?!?!?! Is this imgoingtoheaven?.... Dam i aint never heard u talk like that!
    But thats real what you said... Folks dont wanna hear the truth, they wanna think they know it all, and in the end, its gone be too late.

man i had to bless em with the truth..but we know what it is homie
  • American Loo VII 3D
    American Loo VII 3D Members Posts: 6,371 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    prayer always works

starving_child-sudan2.jpg

So this kid just needs to pray?
  • DRO
    DRO Members Posts: 9,943 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    aneed123 wrote: »
    so whats the explanation when someone is a good person christian prays everyday that ? will get them thru a situation but the prayers go unanswered? The prayer didnt work.

? works on his own time line, not humans... Thats where faith comes in...

Dont know if you read the bible, but the same thing happend to job, ? literally put him through hell, job lost everything, but he kept the faith and ? restored him with

10times the stuff that he has... So once again... Faith!
  • DRO
    DRO Members Posts: 9,943 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options

so this kid just needs to pray?

yeah, prayer does always work... But sometimes the answer aint gone be what u wanna hear
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    FAITH is just a euphemism for IGNORANCE
  • American Loo VII 3D
    edited June 2010
    Options
    yeah, prayer does always work... But sometimes the answer aint gone be what u wanna hear

Sir, what in the hell does that mean, pertaining to this child?
  • Dick Shitman
    Dick Shitman Members Posts: 9,032 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options

So this kid just needs to pray?

kids not praying hard enough
  • Elle_Music
    Elle_Music Members Posts: 926
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Socrates could not have said it better himself.

lol... I'm moreso a believer of cause and effect... Honestly don't know where i stand with the whole religion thing...
    I do however think it's easier for a lot of people to believe cause it's what has been told since the beginning of time...and because of fear of being wrong and going to hell...
    but to each his/her own...

If i pray for a job and get it....the fact that applied to such and such and was qualified was the reason i got it....not the prayer
  • Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    put it like this, a starving child like that would prollie have a spiritual midset that will completely dump on any of us privliedged folk...

religion is very very very strong in countries like that...
  • American Loo VII 3D
    edited June 2010
    Options
    dusouljah wrote: »
    put it like this, a starving child like that would prollie have a spiritual midset that will completely dump on any of us privliedged folk...

religion is very very very strong in countries like that...

oh the irony
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Human beings have been in existence way longer than organize religion has been around. Think about that!
  • edwardnigma
    edwardnigma Members Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Everyone believes ? is either THOR or Santa Clause. You put pictures up of starving people and people suffering as if because its hard for you to look at ? is wrong. Like ? is nice or mean....What makes you think ? is nice or Mean....IF you look at nature, nature can be one of the cruelest things you ever have the priveledge of observing or witnessing. Now what does that mean? It means things happend for reasons beyond your comprehension.
  • Dupac
    edited June 2010
    Options
    oh the irony

not forreal....because if u take just about everything from a person, u get to see what they're really about...

if they only beleive in ? because they have nice things and feel guilty about it so they have to give thanks to someone....or is it really and truly a part of who they are....

his faith and religion could very likely be much more stronger than mines.. because i have a list of things to be thankful for...

i would be very curious to hear what his prayers may sound like
  • edwardnigma
    edwardnigma Members Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    Human beings have been in existence way longer than organize religion has been around. Think about that!

And Nature just exists. Theres no big bang theory on Nature. Nature what is natural is existence. Ponder on it. There is no beginning and no end to Nature.
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    ? works on his own time line, not humans... Thats where faith comes in...

Dont know if you read the bible, but the same thing happend to job, ? literally put him through hell, job lost everything, but he kept the faith and ? restored him with

10times the stuff that he has... So once again... Faith!

thats the story the church loves to tell folk who go thru tough times as if that makes it better. ? did all that to win a bet with Satan (cruel huh) u cant replace family members who were killed to prove a point. money can be tho. its a slap in the face to take his wife and kids and then give him some more later on like his old ones were replaceable and his emotions and feeling just recover. now back to prayer u can pray a million times and none gets answered but if 1 does its Gods wil and grace and him answering it? like I said earlier it comes off more as a coping mechanism cuz I done seen too many good folk suffer who had the faith of a mustard seed. It would be ? up if there was no heaven since thats what they were looking forward too after going thru hell on earth
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    edited June 2010
    Options
    some of ya'll really do seem like you're searching for answers to finally have something to believe in...if I didn't believe in ? , whether I actually do or not isn't the point, but if I didn't believe ? exists I wouldn't dedicate 1 second of my life to trying to understand why people do believe in him...it's pointless because your mind is already made up, nothing anybody can tell you about ? is going to convince you he exists...either you believe it or you don't...
  • American Loo VII 3D
    edited June 2010
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »
    some of ya'll really do seem like you're searching for answers to finally have something to believe in...if I didn't believe in ? , whether I actually do or not isn't the point, but if I didn't believe ? exists I wouldn't dedicate 1 second of my life to trying to understand why people do believe in him...it's pointless because your mind is already made up, nothing anybody can tell you about ? is going to convince you he exists...either you believe it or you don't...

well its a message board. we discuss things.

nothing wrong with hearing an opinion that differs from yours.
  • aneed123
    edited June 2010
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »

I just like discussing religion. a lot of these questions u cant really ask u preacher or if u do u get the same biblical type answers instead of the real. I really couldnt discuss this type of stuff with older family members cuz they would get defensive and mad. when u go thru stuff and prayed and nothing happened u have questions
  • American Loo VII 3D
    edited June 2010
    Options
    [QUOTE=aneed123;784580]I just like discussing religion. a lot of these questions u cant really ask u preacher or if u do u get the same biblical type answers instead of the real. I really couldnt discuss this type of stuff with older family members cuz they would get defensive and mad. when u go thru stuff and prayed and nothing happened u have questions[/QUOTE]

exactly. just because i dont have a firm stance on it, doesnt mean i cant discuss it. plus, i dont try to convince anyone.

like aneed said, if i tried asking these questions in church i'd be banned
  • blackrain
    edited June 2010
    Options
    I just like discussing religion. a lot of these questions u cant really ask u preacher or if u do u get the same biblical type answers instead of the real. I really couldnt discuss this type of stuff with older family members cuz they would get defensive and mad. when u go thru stuff and prayed and nothing happened u have questions

discussing religion is one thing, but alot of the comments being made aren't made to be a discussion they are being made to either try and make people who do believe in ? look foolish for "talking to some guy in the clouds" or tell those who aren't believers that they are somehow missing out on the "truth and the light"...neither side is doing much discussing
  • Dupac
    edited June 2010
    Options

that's where i strongly disagree...
    and that's why i keep telling yall about bible college...

every preacher/pastor/reverand isn't the same....

some are extremely down to earth, some have absolutely no problems keeping it realistic, logical and all that...
    a lot of them came from shady backgrounds, and have personally witnessed a chain of events bringing them to the point they're at in life, and use their experinces as a walking testamonie....

sooooo many ppl get caugfht uo in the correuption of a few that they miss out on the reallness ang geunie expernices of those that are really ehre to help ppl with the same struggles they once been throguh themselves...

a lot more people need to understand that it's verypossible a certain church or preacher may not be the one for them, and they need to move around until they find the enviorment that best suits their religious pursuit...

anyone with the questions in life that are posed in this thgread really do not belong in a old fashion church on sunday mornings where there's nothign but a lotta shouting and no real learning taking place.....

i really wish all of yall could have done what i did to get back into church, but all i can continue to tell u is how it wokred for me and hope that some of theose who have the questions and desires get something from waht i type...

find a teachging church, a pator who has regular classes where the word is taugh along with questions being asked..

anmd find a pastor who is willing to talk to u on the level where it will actualy sink, and u feel comfortable that yall really having a constructive conversation on the matters...

trust me it makes a difference
  • aneed123
    edited June 2010
    Options
    exactly. just because i dont have a firm stance on it, doesnt mean i cant discuss it. plus, i dont try to convince anyone.

lol I used to be the kid in sunday school asking where are the dinosaurs in the bible and how he feed all those people with 2 fish and bread it dont make sense. they ust got mad and told my mom and I got a whoopin lol
  • Dupac
    edited June 2010
    Options

not true at all, read post #137
  • blackrain
    edited June 2010
    Options

you can find these answers on your own...I went to a Catholic School all my life until the end of 10th grade and even in that "never question ? " environment I read and figured out the answers to alot of questions I had on my own or I simply asked other people...but there's a difference in asking because you want to know and asking ebcause you want hear how silly of an answer you can get out of somebody
  • American Loo VII 3D
    edited June 2010
    Options
    lol I used to be the kid in sunday school asking where are the dinosaurs in the bible and how he feed all those people with 2 fish and bread it dont make sense. they ust got mad and told my mom and I got a whoopin lol

when i was in junior high school i asked a minister how come the dinosaurs werent in the bible.

he said dinosaur fossils were really "the bones of giant chickens and other animals" from the time of Adam.

dude seriously told me that chickens used to be 40 feet tall before sin.