Couple of christianity questions

Options

Comments

• BigMeatball
    BigMeatball Members Posts: 390
    edited July 2011
    Options
    If the people you asked were true Christians, they would have welcomed the question and just said, "Well, we'll see when that time comes". I AM a believer in "? " but, not neccessarily everything in the bible, so I have no problem with your question. I'll live my life the best way possible and see what happens when I die.

P.S. People who make blanket statements about a group of people (I.E. Christians) are just as dumb as they proclaim the other group to be.
  • arbitration
    arbitration Members Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    why the ? would you ask that after a church service? Know your audience, fam. What did you expect?

LMAO, i know right? T/S, stop playing like u was having some philosophical discussion around the dinner table. You were looking to provoke ppl, and u got exactly the response u wanted.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I would never say that. But do it in the correct forum. What he did is no different than those Westboro Baptist Church ? protesting at funerals. It's classless. You can have discussions without being a ? . Why go to the ? church if that's what you're gonna do? At bible study? Sure. Sunday School? yeah, I did it all the time. But after a service when usually emotions are high and people are feeling good to ask something like that. C'mon, bruh.

so your saying as adults people cant control their emotions because they are riding high....
    so next time im all excited after my team won a close game, i can go outside and the moment a cop pulls me over an ruins the win...i can cuss him out?

as adult we have to control our emotions.....why do churchs invite people to churchs if when they ask questions you get cussed out or have to wait until the right time to ask it. what if the question i want to ask helps me make my decision to become born again and turn my life over to christ but it may be stupid to a bible thumper....am i now turned away or did the lord just lose a potential follower because one of his followers cant control their emotions....

i dont think im the one that needs to grow up
  • 2stepz_ahead
    edited July 2011
    Options
    LMAO, i know right? T/S, stop playing like u was having some philosophical discussion around the dinner table. You were looking to provoke ppl, and u got exactly the response u wanted.

never was the type that needed to provoke anyone....like the person above you said....could just say we'll see....or even sit me down and ask me questions or try to help me understand or believe ....

why is it that when church people react different than what they preach.....its the other person that caused the problem?
  • And Step
    And Step Members Posts: 3,726 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    That was a real cartoonish ass question, doggie.
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    DoUwant2go2Heaven Members Posts: 10,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    pralims wrote: »
    What if the people that turned there life over to the lord and promised to obey and follow Jesus. What if the day Jesus returned he took all his followers with him to "heaven". But then Jesus turned out to be an alien from another planet and he took his followers to another planet or a place called heaven and they were turned into slaves.

so i got cussed out and called all types of lowlife atheists and what not. And when they asked why do i beilieve this or even have the guts to ask.....i took them about thinking outside the box and the sumerians and how they could have possibly been created to be slaves for an alien race and whatever....

but why do people get so definsive about religion and just shut out anything else or any other possibility. but what if this did happen?

The bolded sounds like something the anti-christ might say when he is revealed after the church leaves. There is a big lie coming when he is revealed. And I believe part of the lie will have something to do with "aliens". The social conditioning that the enemy has been propagating in regards to alien phenomena has increased drastically. I just pray that you will not be on the earth to know what the lie will be when the anti-christ is revealed.
  • And Step
    And Step Members Posts: 3,726 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    You are way late, Imgoing...way late
  • 2stepz_ahead
    edited July 2011
    Options
    And Step wrote: »
    That was a real cartoonish ass question, doggie.

so every question you ever asked is a good question?
    what makes mine so cartoonish? is it the timing or the question?
    i thought is was never a such thing as a stupid question...just stupid people for not asking questions.

see too many of yall dont think ouside the box or afraid to ask the ? ...if im in church and a majority of the people are supposed to be knowledgeable...then why not ask it then?
  • 2stepz_ahead
    edited July 2011
    Options
    The bolded sounds like something the anti-christ might say when he is revealed after the church leaves. There is a big lie coming when he is revealed. And I believe part of the lie will have something to do with "aliens". The social conditioning that the enemy has been propagating in regards to alien phenomena has increased drastically. I just pray that you will not be on the earth to know what the lie will be when the anti-christ is revealed.

i have to say respectfully...that it seems like you never answer questions...you come with more of a threat of if you dont follow ? or a roundabout way to say you better or else.

kinda like saying...you can go ahead and stick your hand in the ? ...i just pray that the heat isn't on or it didnt start boiling yet
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    edited July 2011
    Options
    i have to say respectfully...that it seems like you never answer questions...you come with more of a threat of if you dont follow ? or a roundabout way to say you better or else.

kinda like saying...you can go ahead and stick your hand in the ? ...i just pray that the heat isn't on or it didnt start boiling yet

What question is there to answer my friend? I commented on the part of your post I found most interesting. It was like a mini-revelation of sorts. The "lie" is coming and the signs are all around us. That's all.
  • alissowack
    alissowack Members Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    What if the people that turned there life over to the lord and promised to obey and follow Jesus. What if the day Jesus returned he took all his followers with him to "heaven". But then Jesus turned out to be an alien from another planet and he took his followers to another planet or a place called heaven and they were turned into slaves.

so i got cussed out and called all types of lowlife atheists and what not. And when they asked why do i beilieve this or even have the guts to ask.....i took them about thinking outside the box and the sumerians and how they could have possibly been created to be slaves for an alien race and whatever....

but why do people get so definsive about religion and just shut out anything else or any other possibility. but what if this did happen?

To ask such a question is just bad timing. It just may be an important question to you to have answered, but it shows no respect to the nature of the function.
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Church going people are some of the most gullible low intelligence sheep you will ever meet. They are taught a 2 thousand year old book is the end all be all and never question it.

"? fear what they don't understand, hate what they can't conquer
    Guess it's just the fury of man"

Nas

Agreed 100%.......religious people who blindly follow 2,000 year old books that support slavery should have their intelligence questioned.
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    so every question you ever asked is a good question?
    what makes mine so cartoonish? is it the timing or the question?
    i thought is was never a such thing as a stupid question...just stupid people for not asking questions.

see too many of yall dont think ouside the box or afraid to ask the ? ...if im in church and a majority of the people are supposed to be knowledgeable...then why not ask it then?

I agree brotha. Too many people don't like to think outside the box and question what's going on around them. I see easily how Black folk were enslaved in America rather easily for 400 years. Black folk are very gullible, sadly.
  • CapitalB
    CapitalB Members Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Lmao that actually sounds more feasible than the Bible's version

It really does..
    Heaven be soundin whack as ? ..

spendin an eternity worshipping and SERVING ? is not my idea of heaven..
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I agree brotha. Too many people don't like to think outside the box and question what's going on around them. I see easily how Black folk were enslaved in America rather easily for 400 years. Black folk are very gullible, sadly.

Very ironic I must say.
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    edited July 2011
    Options
    CapitalB wrote: »
    It really does..
    Heaven be soundin whack as ? ..

spendin an eternity worshipping and SERVING ? is not my idea of heaven..

How bout if there was endless peace in heaven though? Can you imagine that? A world where locks are not needed in order to protect your belongings? A world where everybody smiles and is filled with love, not hate? I mean I can't even walk to the store in this world without somebody looking at me sideways, and I am a man of peace! But just imagine a world where you can smile at your brother, of any color, and the thought of harm is non-existent, with everybody! We will all be "our brothers keepers" in the kingdom to come! No one will hurt or harm at all in ? 's Holy Kingdom! I'm going to heaven, are you?
  • CapitalB
    edited July 2011
    Options
    How bout if there was endless peace in heaven though? Can you imagine that? A world where locks are not needed in order to protect your belongings? A world where everybody smiles and is filled with love, not hate? I mean I can't even walk to the store in this world without somebody looking at me sideways, and I am a man of peace! But just imagine a world where you can smile at your brother, of any color, and the thought of harm is non-existent, with everybody! We will all be "our brothers keepers" in the kingdom to come! No one will hurt or harm at all in ? 's Holy Kingdom! I'm going to heaven, are you?

sounds like u need to move..
    where i live everybody is chipper.. i ? u not i left a redbox movie on my trunk and drove out my driveway.. i didnt even get to the main street before i realized my ? up.. retraced my steps and couldnt find the damn movie.. i chalked it up as a loss and continued on to the grocery store..

before i can get the basket and call my girl and tell her what happened i got an email... somebody turned it in..
    goooooooodamn... had i still been livin in the hood.. a ? wouldve atleast watched the ? before turnin it in.. but more then likely wouldve jus came up on a dvd..

its all about where u live ..not who u worship..

another story.. left the trunk open.. guess who came knockin on my door to tell me.. not jesus ? .. my neighbor. hahaha
    got me one of them hybrid bikes.. left it outside the garage damn near all day.. leavin the house im like "oh ? .........." the oh ? wasnt because i remembered i left the bike out.. cause the only reason i realized i left it out was because it was STILL THERE!!!

so again.. it aint where ur tithes and offering is goin.. its where ur tax dollars are goin..

long story short.. heaven or hell is here on earth and what u make it.. PERIOD!
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    edited July 2011
    Options
    sounds like u need to move..
    where i live everybody is chipper.. i ? u not i left a redbox movie on my trunk and drove out my driveway.. i didnt even get to the main street before i realized my ? up.. retraced my steps and couldnt find the damn movie.. i chalked it up as a loss and continued on to the grocery store..

before i can get the basket and call my girl and tell her what happened i got an email... somebody turned it in..
    goooooooodamn... had i still been livin in the hood.. a ? wouldve atleast watched the ? before turnin it in.. but more then likely wouldve jus came up on a dvd..

its all about where u live ..not who u worship..

another story.. left the trunk open.. guess who came knockin on my door to tell me.. not jesus ? .. my neighbor. hahaha
    got me one of them hybrid bikes.. left it outside the garage damn near all day.. leavin the house im like "oh ? .........." the oh ? wasnt because i remembered i left the bike out.. cause the only reason i realized i left it out was because it was STILL THERE!!!

so again.. it aint where ur tithes and offering is goin.. its where ur tax dollars are goin..

long story short.. heaven or hell is here on earth and what u make it.. PERIOD!

It's a blessing to see and hear that there are people all around the world who still have integrity. But those people are few and far between compared with the majority. No offense Cap, but those aren't everyday occurrences for you. How often do you leave your door unlocked in your neighborhood? You can't honestly tell me that you trust everybody 100%? If you do your a fool.

The world i'm talking about is far different than anything in this world. What do you know about perfection? A world where it's always 70 degrees 24/7-365? No night. No sweat. No tears. No pain. No hurt. No sickness. No death. No hate. No lying. No evil. No stealing. No bribes. No anger?

What about a world like that? Doesn't that interest you in the slightest? A world where you can be at peace with not only ? , but with your neighbor, angels, and the animal kingdom? Total harmony with the Lions, tigers, cheetahs, leopards, Jaguars, hyenas, gorillas, etc?

What about that world? Wouldn't you want to go there? A world that's 100 fold better than this world? A world where you will never feel guilty? Never feel ashamed? Never feel depressed? Never feel worried? Never feel anxious?

How does that world sound my friend? I'm talking about a better place my brother. A place where your not judged on how big your wallet is, how much cash you got in the bank, how many degrees you have, or how big a house you live in?

"1Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in ? , believe also in me. 2In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. 3And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also. "
    John 14:1-3
  • RiGGA
    RiGGA Members Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    ^^^
    This guy makes me proud to be Christian lol, tell these ? son
  • b*braze
    b*braze Members Posts: 8,968 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options

to me it would be quite unremarkable. only reason we appreciate those things is because we know pain/war/sadness/anger/hate/jealousy. part of the human experience. and since most things considered by us to be "fun" are in one form or another some type of sin, or involve some element or illusion of "danger". heaven does indeed seem boring.

also another thing about heaven is why even bother having belongings you arent worried about locking away if you're gonna be eternally happy, no matter what? what use would we have for any type of materialistic things? is it just gonna be thousands of people walking around all day smiling like a bunch of ? ?

to be honest, overly happy/chipper people annoy the ? out of me... you mean to tell me id have to deal with these type of people for eternity?!
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    edited July 2011
    Options
    b*braze wrote: »
    to me it would be quite unremarkable. only reason we appreciate those things is because we know pain/war/sadness/anger/hate/jealousy. part of the human experience. and since most things considered by us to be "fun" are in one form or another some type of sin, or involve some element or illusion of "danger". heaven does indeed seem boring.

also another thing about heaven is why even bother having belongings you arent worried about locking away if you're gonna be eternally happy, no matter what? what use would we have for any type of materialistic things? is it just gonna be thousands of people walking around all day smiling like a bunch of ? ?

to be honest, overly happy/chipper people annoy the ? out of me... you mean to tell me id have to deal with these type of people for eternity?!

Well you need the peace of Christ which passeth all understanding to help you understand the spiritual realm b braze. Because right now your just talking from a carnal nature.

Heaven is so much more than anything humans can ever conceive of. Just to see ? face to face is heaven for me. But we will also rule and reign with Him as Kings and Priests forever and ever. We will also be able to explore the endless treasures of His creation. The farthest reaches of the universe will be able to be transversed by us forever and ever.

You must get out of your carnal mind and put on your spiritual mind b braze. You do this by placing your faith in the One who gave Himself for you on the cross at Calvary. You come to Him as a sinner in need of a Savior, recognizing your utter sinfulness and direct need for healing. ? didn't come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance. If you confess with your mouth that Jesus Christ is Lord and if you believe in your heat that ? has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. Come to the Lord Jesus Christ today my brother! Come and be saved my friend!
  • CapitalB
    edited July 2011
    Options
    It's a blessing to see and hear that there are people all around the world who still have integrity. But those people are few and far between compared with the majority. No offense Cap, but those aren't everyday occurrences for you. How often do you leave your door unlocked in your neighborhood? You can't honestly tell me that you trust everybody 100%? If you do your a fool.

The world i'm talking about is far different than anything in this world. What do you know about perfection? A world where it's always 70 degrees 24/7-365? No night. No sweat. No tears. No pain. No hurt. No sickness. No death. No hate. No lying. No evil. No stealing. No bribes. No anger?

What about a world like that? Doesn't that interest you in the slightest? A world where you can be at peace with not only ? , but with your neighbor, angels, and the animal kingdom? Total harmony with the Lions, tigers, cheetahs, leopards, Jaguars, hyenas, gorillas, etc?

What about that world? Wouldn't you want to go there? A world that's 100 fold better than this world? A world where you will never feel guilty? Never feel ashamed? Never feel depressed? Never feel worried? Never feel anxious?

How does that world sound my friend? I'm talking about a better place my brother. A place where your not judged on how big your wallet is, how much cash you got in the bank, how many degrees you have, or how big a house you live in?

"1Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in ? , believe also in me. 2In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. 3And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also. "
    John 14:1-3

actually its not..

and i can leave my front door unlocked.. and i have..
    iv also left my garage open which leads to another entrance to my house open while i ran to the store..

the world is big my friend.. not jus ur block.. bigger then u can imagine.. so u cant speak for all..

as far as everything else u sayin.. PROVE IT! lol
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    edited July 2011
    Options
    actually its not..

and i can leave my front door unlocked.. and i have..
    iv also left my garage open which leads to another entrance to my house open while i ran to the store..

the world is big my friend.. not jus ur block.. bigger then u can imagine.. so u cant speak for all..

as far as everything else u sayin.. PROVE IT! lol

That's a blessing Cap that you have enough trust to leave your door and garage unlocked. I applaud you for having such faith. Now if you can have such faith in those things, imagine how much ? could accomplish in you and through you if you placed your faith in Him?
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    its a programed rection they are taught not to question ?

Just like I always say.Religion is a cult and it's followers are sheep.
  • Rock_Well
    Rock_Well Members Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    lol mann get yo winnie the pooh face

tumblr_lm4f47K9fm1qfr1m4o1_500.png

what if you just thinking too much...