Couple of christianity questions

Options

Comments

• American Loo VII 3D
    American Loo VII 3D Members Posts: 6,371 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    yes Loo duh he's all knowing

So he knew the devil would corrupt mankind?
  • ambiguous1
    ambiguous1 Members Posts: 1,166 ✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    How much decision of its future does a baby killed by its mother have?

oh jesus come on, now ur talking nonscense it's a baby that ? themselves and cant stand of course they dont have a decisions

but the mom did, the grandma did, the friends that might have been able to intervene do etc
  • American Loo VII 3D
    edited March 2010
    Options
    ambiguous1 wrote: »
    oh jesus come on, now ur talking nonscense it's a baby that ? themselves and cant stand of course they dont have a decisions

but the mom did, the grandma did, the friends that might have been able to intervene do etc

So the baby goes to heaven automatically? What was its test then.
  • Purr
    Purr Members Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    So he knew the devil would corrupt mankind?

If we are going with the all knowing notion, then yes.
  • ambiguous1
    edited March 2010
    Options
    So the baby goes to heaven automatically? What was its test then.

has it been that long since i've already replied to you that i dont beleive in heavan or hell? c'mon shouldnt be drinking in the AM man

that is a question for someone that beleive in that
  • American Loo VII 3D
    edited March 2010
    Options
    If we are going with the all knowing notion, then yes.

So why did he allow it, if he loves us.

If you had a child, and KNEW that the neighbor planned on harming him/her. Would you invite the neighbor into your home?
  • ambiguous1
    edited March 2010
    Options
    So why did he allow it, if he loves us.

If you had a child, and KNEW that the neighbor planned on harming him/her. Would you invite the neighbor into your home?

why did he/she allow it?... b/c he/she doesnt intervene and will allow the mother to make the choice on her own. Do you have some sort of reading comprehension problem? I mean i'm all for boosting your thread status but not if you're going to forget all the earlier posts....

I have a daughter coming in 2 months, i wouldnt invite anyone in my house if they were planning on hurting me, my wife or my daughter. But i'm sure this question is setting something up so.....
  • Shuffington
    Shuffington Members Posts: 3,775 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    ambiguous1 wrote: »
    i'm not very religious but i beleive it comes down to free will.

He/she tests our free will in which then he/she would learn about peoples decisions etc

Im sure and All knowing/ omniscient ? would be fully aware of every decision we make, even before we make it.
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    DoUwant2go2Heaven Members Posts: 10,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Can ? see everything before it happens?

"Known unto ? are all his works from the beginning of the world."
    Acts 15:18
  • alissowack
    alissowack Members Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    What does being able to see the future have to do with the will? I can see disaster a mile away, but I can decide whether I want to avoid it or face it for reasons I may feel is good.
  • BOSS KTULU
    BOSS KTULU Banned Users Posts: 978 ✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    this particular argument always gets to the halfway mark and then the Christians pretend they don't get the question

"What do you mean an all-knowing parent is in the wrong for letting thousands of its children die in an earthquake? What's wrong with that?"
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    edited March 2010
    Options
    BOSS KTULU wrote: »
    this particular argument always gets to the halfway mark and then the Christians pretend they don't get the question

"What do you mean an all-knowing parent is in the wrong for letting thousands of its children die in an earthquake? What's wrong with that?"

if this life is all your hope, I can see why you would make such a statement.
  • BiblicalAtheist
    BiblicalAtheist Members Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Even humans can sense intention before the action occurs.
  • BOSS KTULU
    edited March 2010
    Options
    if this life is all your hope, I can see why you would make such a statement.

i certainly dont hope to spend eternity worshipping any throne-sitting dude

im against monarchy and all other oppressive and coercive forms of government, whether on earth or in the cosmos
  • Rock_Well
    Rock_Well Members Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Can ? see everything before it happens?

in regards to what he plans to accomplish. ? is the only person that can plan something and set out to have it come out just as he said in the beginning all the way to the end. That don't mean he in the future already though. and that don't mean that he necessarily know every single thing that we humans will choose in the meantime.
  • Rock_Well
    Rock_Well Members Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Im sure and All knowing/ omniscient ? would be fully aware of every decision we make, even before we make it.

that is an assumption actually and isn't taught in the scriptures.
  • alissowack
    alissowack Members Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options

im against monarchy and all other oppressive and coercive forms of government, whether on earth or in the cosmos

There is nothing inherently wrong with monarchy. It just trusting that the king in power will do what is right that is the issue.
  • grumpy_new_yorker
    grumpy_new_yorker Members Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    edited March 2010
    Options

Whats ironic is that you will worship the Lord one way or another KTULU. You will either do it voluntarily because you love Him or you will do it because of obedience, reverence, fear and awe. One way or another your knee will bow to the Lord in the life to come. How you choose to do it, will be determined in this life.
  • plocc
    plocc Members Posts: 921 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Just last week here in Milwaukee there was a quadruple homicide where 2 boys ages 3&4 were brutally murdered along with their mother. Free will aint got nothing to do with those kids being killed. Why even let them be born to go out like that. Christians can say its Gods will to pacify loved ones and relatives but I don't buy it. Where's Gods mercy in this situation?
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    edited March 2010
    Options
    plocc wrote: »
    Just last week here in Milwaukee there was a quadruple homicide where 2 boys ages 3&4 were brutally murdered along with their mother. Free will aint got nothing to do with those kids being killed. Why even let them be born to go out like that. Christians can say its Gods will to pacify loved ones and relatives but I don't buy it. Where's Gods mercy in this situation?

Why use that example as a reason to try to blame ? for actions committed by sinful men? You can't blame ? for what mankind does. That's ridiculous. Those killers are responsible for their own actions, not ? . It's really pathetic to try to pull this stunt in way to point the finger at ? and blame Him. No. Mankind is responsible for it's actions. We are the sinners, not ? .
  • plocc
    plocc Members Posts: 921 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I wasn't blaming ? . As the title of the thread asks. Can ? see things before they happen? I guess shouldve asked why does ? allow tragedies to happen to children who know nothing about free will?
  • BiblicalAtheist
    BiblicalAtheist Members Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    plocc wrote: »
    I guess shouldve asked why does ? allow tragedies to happen to children who know nothing about free will?

Humans allow tragedies to happen to children. Humans could stop what they are doing, they could stop others from doing things....but they don't.
  • Shuffington
    Shuffington Members Posts: 3,775 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    alissowack wrote: »
    What does being able to see the future have to do with the will? I can see disaster a mile away, but I can decide whether I want to avoid it or face it for reasons I may feel is good.

I dont see a reason to test someones "will" if you know the conclusion as to how they will react/ respond to a given set of circumstances.
  • BOSS KTULU
    edited March 2010
    Options
    alissowack wrote: »
    There is nothing inherently wrong with monarchy.

yes there is: an arbitrary claim of right to rulership