Racially Motivated Threads of the Social Lounge...

Options

Comments

• DarkGable
    DarkGable Members Posts: 477
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Ever hear a white person talk about race and say "slavery happened a long time ago, get over it"? Seems a common tactic to quell a discussion, but not very realistic if you ask me. The damage continued long after and still lingers to this day. Is it even possible to just let by gones be by gones?

And if the freed slaves had gotten their 40 acres and a mule, would this even be a discussion today?
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    I'll still say it, get over it.

Slavery overall is wrong, no matter the color of your skin. Not only blacks were enslaved. All slaves were mistreated, beaten, ? , name called etc.. Overall, it's sad, disgusting, undeserving, low, sick and twisted. No need for any type of slave.

Back then, even after slavery, blacks couldn't share ? w the white people. They were handed down the lowest form of what the whites experienced. Blacks had no rights.

Today it's 100% different. We all share the same schools, buses, jobs, bathrooms, restaurants, water fountains, cars, houses etc..

Did anyone today ever experience what they did back then? Hell no! Your great great greats would slap you guys, you guys have it way better than they did.

It's not ? up to say get over it, it's a reality check. Do you guys ever think about how they had it and you have it? Do you realize that you have it better? For ? sake there's a black president! "He's not black", if we were to give Obama to the days of slavery or when racism was heavy, Obama would've gotten the same mistreatment.

Get over it - this isn't a diss, this is a reality check. Think about it.

Racism still exists, but not even to the point of what it did. Can't linger on the past, everyone has to move forward otherwise you hold yourself down.
  • VIBE
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Forgot..

It is possible, you just have to know how...
  • DarkGable
    edited December 2011
    Options
    VIBE86 wrote: »
    Can't linger on the past, everyone has to move forward otherwise you hold yourself down.

I agree that lingering and obssesing is fruitless, but to be oblivious to your history is worse.
  • VIBE
    edited December 2011
    Options
    DarkGable wrote: »
    I agree that lingering and obssesing is fruitless, but to be oblivious to your history is worse.

No, don't ignore the HISTORY, but you can't hold it against anyone. What happened was in the past, it is what it is.

If I was black I would honestly feel powerful. I'd look back and say well fam, look at us now. They thought they would hold down and destroy the black people, yet today they are all one w everyone.

Imagine telling a white person back then, "we will have a black president in the future", they'd laugh knowing it wouldn't happen. Look at it now, there's one in office.

I think instead of dwelling on it and being so angry and want to feel so vengeful, feel good about it, feel powerful, feel in control.

I'm a different kind of thinker. I live on no worries, no dwelling, no grudges and no stress...
  • DarkGable
    edited December 2011
    Options
    I live on no worries, no dwelling, no grudges and no stress...

I bet when you get pulled over, the cops tell you your taillights out and point to the nearest Autozone. Must be nice.
  • VIBE
    edited December 2011
    Options
    I bet when you get pulled over, the cops tell you your taillights out and point to the nearest Autozone. Must be nice.

Actually I was searched, my car was searched and I was given a 'fix-it-ticket'.

So yeah, must be nice that I get treated like I should within the law.
  • DarkGable
    edited December 2011
    Options
    must be nice that I get treated like I should within the law.

Indeed. So you do ackowledge that in many respects you receive entitlements from the mere color of your skin?
  • DarkGable
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Young-Ice wrote: »
    what entitlements would those be?

Do you acknowledge that as a black person, you also receive advantages that others don't ?

In America, your color proceeds you. It's a calling card of sorts. Most white folk ain't honest enough to acknowledge that though.

Peep this ? ...

As for your second question, I don't see any concrete social, political, or economic advantages to being a person of color in America. But I'm open to input. Maybe I'm missing somethin.
  • VIBE
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Indeed. So you do ackowledge that in many respects you receive entitlements from the mere color of your skin?

No. I've never experienced an entitlement over a black person firsthand, nor have I seen it. Only through hearing other stories from people to the news.

Back in 2006 I applied for a job at Target, I felt very over-dressed when I seen all the other applicants there for interviews. (the rest of the interviewees were dressed 'dressed-up-casual')

I got the job, as well as two blacks and one white person. There was around 10 of us, only two were black and they got the job. We were interviewed by whites and hired by whites.

Where is the benefit of being white in this situation? It's about you, not the color of your skin. This is what I experienced and still do. It's about who you are and how you carry yourself.
  • DarkGable
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Most white folks are unaware of their entiltments or just assume it as normal.

The fact is that racial favoritism doesn't affect both races the same way. That's the issue. White favoritism opens doors in a way black favoritism never can.

And I'm not a blame whitey for everything type of dude. I believe in personal accountability. But the truth is still the truth.
  • VIBE
    edited December 2011
    Options
    No one is denying "white entitlement", my post previous to this implies that it is out there just ice never personally seen it or experienced it firsthand.

The issue is that's all people focus on. It's always the negative about what happens. What is the statistics in percentages that this happens everyday all day? Not saying it doesn't happen at the rate people birch about it, you'd think it would be seen more.

Many blacks also blow ? out of proportion, when race isn't a factor, they make it like that with, "it's because I'm black". A lot of the time it isn't racist but it's made to be that way and this I've seen.

Example?

Back in 99-03 I use to skate, ride BMX, scooter, blade etc all sports. One day we rode on our skateboards (all of us white) to a skate spot. We skated for awhile and a police officer came and told us to get the hell out of there. We did, we hit up a spot closer but wasn't a 'trespassing' spot. We skated for maybe 20 minutes and 3 black guys who were skating hit up the previous spot we were at. I would say 15 minutes passed when the same cop cruised by again, he told the black skaters they need to also get the hell out of there. They resisted by still skating and saying ? about how it was racist they were being singled out and not us, the cop told them they were trespassing while we weren't. The kids called ? and soon there were 4 squad cars and all of them were arrested.

We both were told the same thing, in the same words. We left w/o being stupid, they used a negative; racism.

Goes to show, this is all many blacks want to rely on. Everything is racist and for no reason.

My best friend is black, we hung out a lot and I seen what he went through. He was never mistreated or singled out. We both were treated equally when we were approached by police or when we were in certain establishments.

Nothing positive is spoken about, it's always how it can be used and spun into a negative.
  • supaman4321
    supaman4321 Members Posts: 946
    edited December 2011
    Options
    White Privilege exists only the most ignorant white person will refuse to admit that they benefit inherently in America because of the color of their skin

I don't care about a black president or a white president because they do what they want, start making sure the schools in the black communities receive the same books and equipment that the schools that are predominately white get and then we'll have something.

I've always thought the best "reparation" for black people would be a free ride through school up to a master's degree, don't give me a hand out just allow me to take what's mine.
  • supaman4321
    supaman4321 Members Posts: 946
    edited December 2011
    Options
    No one is denying "white entitlement", my post previous to this implies that it is out there just ice never personally seen it or experienced it firsthand.

The issue is that's all people focus on. It's always the negative about what happens. What is the statistics in percentages that this happens everyday all day? Not saying it doesn't happen at the rate people birch about it, you'd think it would be seen more.

Many blacks also blow ? out of proportion, when race isn't a factor, they make it like that with, "it's because I'm black". A lot of the time it isn't racist but it's made to be that way and this I've seen.

Example?

Back in 99-03 I use to skate, ride BMX, scooter, blade etc all sports. One day we rode on our skateboards (all of us white) to a skate spot. We skated for awhile and a police officer came and told us to get the hell out of there. We did, we hit up a spot closer but wasn't a 'trespassing' spot. We skated for maybe 20 minutes and 3 black guys who were skating hit up the previous spot we were at. I would say 15 minutes passed when the same cop cruised by again, he told the black skaters they need to also get the hell out of there. They resisted by still skating and saying ? about how it was racist they were being singled out and not us, the cop told them they were trespassing while we weren't. The kids called ? and soon there were 4 squad cars and all of them were arrested.

We both were told the same thing, in the same words. We left w/o being stupid, they used a negative; racism.

Goes to show, this is all many blacks want to rely on. Everything is racist and for no reason.

My best friend is black, we hung out a lot and I seen what he went through. He was never mistreated or singled out. We both were treated equally when we were approached by police or when we were in certain establishments.

Nothing positive is spoken about, it's always how it can be used and spun into a negative.

for every example you can post about blacks blowing things out of proportion there are examples where blacks are treated unequally because of race.

when you can compare trespassing to police officers getting away with murder the negative is so unbalanced then how can it not be the center of attention, especially for the people that this is happening against
  • VIBE
    edited December 2011
    Options
    White Privilege exists only the most ignorant white person will refuse to admit that they benefit inherently in America because of the color of their skin

I don't care about a black president or a white president because they do what they want, start making sure the schools in the black communities receive the same books and equipment that the schools that are predominately white get and then we'll have something.

I've always thought the best "reparation" for black people would be a free ride through school up to a master's degree, don't give me a hand out just allow me to take what's mine.

A free ride up to a masters degree? Give you whats yours?

What are you entitled to? What are you owed?

Good luck seeing a "free ride" today for school, with the economy in a ? hole I'd trip if I seen anyone get that. Plus, it's never been "free", you always gotta pay it back.
  • One Spliff
    One Spliff Members Posts: 5,354 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    No, don't ignore the HISTORY, but you can't hold it against anyone. What happened was in the past, it is what it is.

If I was black I would honestly feel powerful. I'd look back and say well fam, look at us now. They thought they would hold down and destroy the black people, yet today they are all one w everyone.

Imagine telling a white person back then, "we will have a black president in the future", they'd laugh knowing it wouldn't happen. Look at it now, there's one in office.

I think instead of dwelling on it and being so angry and want to feel so vengeful, feel good about it, feel powerful, feel in control.

I'm a different kind of thinker. I live on no worries, no dwelling, no grudges and no stress...

what the ? are you talking about ?

seriously ?

dont u realise that in the 50, and 60's is when black people were more UNITED than ever...blacks without civil rights >>>>>>> black with civil rights ?

it was onyl after we got rights that u white devils started polluting us with ? ? , heroine, aids, machine guns, police brutality.

? off with your insensitive views of black struggle...look at FACTS AND FIGURES and tell me that things have got better...

look at the abortion rate, aids rate, murder rate, drug abuse rate now...and compare it to the days of slavery...

not to mention we still dont know we ARE ISRAELITES THE REAL JEWS OF THE BIBLE.
  • VIBE
    edited December 2011
    Options
    for every example you can post about blacks blowing things out of proportion there are examples where blacks are treated unequally because of race.

when you can compare trespassing to police officers getting away with murder the negative is so unbalanced then how can it not be the center of attention, especially for the people that this is happening against

Comparing trespassing to police entitlements isn't about race, it's about them hiding behind the badge. But since you wanna talk about police getting away w things, I can tell you what they don't get away w too.

Like I said, people wanna just show the negative...
  • VIBE
    edited December 2011
    Options
    One Spliff wrote: »
    what the ? are you talking about ?

seriously ?

dont u realise that in the 50, and 60's is when black people were more UNITED than ever...blacks without civil rights >>>>>>> black with civil rights ?

it was onyl after we got rights that u white devils started polluting us with ? ? , heroine, aids, machine guns, police brutality.

? off with your insensitive views of black struggle...look at FACTS AND FIGURES and tell me that things have got better...

look at the abortion rate, aids rate, murder rate, drug abuse rate now...and compare it to the days of slavery...

not to mention we still dont know we ARE ISRAELITES THE REAL JEWS OF THE BIBLE.

Yes, the white man has plagued you with drugs, disease and guns.

lol gtfoh w that ? man, that's on the PEOPLE, not any one race. Also, blacks are NOT the only race who use ? , heroin, have aids and use guns on each other.

SMH, wtf? Were you the one w the avy of Z-RO and heroin?

RAPA2035.jpg

If so, why are you ? about it when you had it as your avatar?

Abortion rate isn't on the white man, its on the people who are irresponsible to use protection. (? victims don't count, I'd abort too if I was a female who was ? )

Aids, blacks are the only ones? What about ALL races? People who accidentally get it in fights? Who are homosexual?

Murder, oh ? off, murder is normal and isn't something blacks only do.

Drug usage, people of all colors have issues with this, no matter the drug...

Compare it to the days of slavery? Why?

You're implying you'd rather be a slave than have the freedom you do today?
  • One Spliff
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Yes, the white man has plagued you with drugs, disease and guns.

lol gtfoh w that ? man, that's on the PEOPLE, not any one race. Also, blacks are NOT the only race who use ? , heroin, have aids and use guns on each other.

SMH, wtf? Were you the one w the avy of Z-RO and heroin?

RAPA2035.jpg

If so, why are you ? about it when you had it as your avatar?

Abortion rate isn't on the white man, its on the people who are irresponsible to use protection. (? victims don't count, I'd abort too if I was a female who was ? )

Aids, blacks are the only ones? What about ALL races? People who accidentally get it in fights? Who are homosexual?

Murder, oh ? off, murder is normal and isn't something blacks only do.

Drug usage, people of all colors have issues with this, no matter the drug...

Compare it to the days of slavery? Why?

You're implying you'd rather be a slave than have the freedom you do today?

lmao...the avatar is in refernce to his music U DUMB CLOWN...he had an album called ? and ? aswell...u've never heard the term 'craqk music; ?

smh.

n what i meant by my post, was those things such as aids, drugs, guns, were used against my people...yes thats not a conspiricay theory, its a proven fatc that they put drugs and guns on the streets of black neaibourhoods and its a known fatc that aids was man made to exterminate the black race from off the fatc of the earth.

stop being so close minded jus becos u were born with a silver spoon in your mouth.

u compare white statistics to blakc statistics, like they are comparable...shows your ignorance.

u also ctry to put everybody under the same umbrella, to make it look like we are all equally wicked or righteous which is ? ...study the history of the white devil.
  • One Spliff
    edited December 2011
    Options

LMAO @ THE BOLDED...

typical respose from a white racist.
  • VIBE
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Young-Ice wrote: »
    i'm only half white.

I mean to put "I" but my phone changed it to "ice", I'm now on the computer rather than my auto-correct happy ass phone..
  • VIBE
    edited December 2011
    Options
    lmao...the avatar is in refernce to his music U DUMB CLOWN...he had an album called ? and ? aswell...u've never heard the term 'craqk music; ?

smh.

Still, if you feel strongly that ? and heroin are something that the white man gave to your race to put you guys down, why even put it up to support it? Even if it is a album ? ? Makes no sense.

n what i meant by my post, was those things such as aids, drugs, guns, were used against my people...yes thats not a conspiricay theory, its a proven fatc that they put drugs and guns on the streets of black neaibourhoods and its a known fatc that aids was man made to exterminate the black race from off the fatc of the earth.

These are assumptions, conspiracy theories. Post up real, true, proven facts.

See, if these things were "used against your people", why is it that all races (including the "almighty-king-of-the-world-white-man") are affected? Why didn't it just stay singled-out to the black race? It's really unlikely that these things (according to your delusional mind) were used to "exterminate the black race from off the fatc of the earth" (your exact words) that it would even begin to affect the white people. Doesn't seem like a plan that would do such a thing since the white man always seems to have it planned out to perfection. Try again.
    stop being so close minded jus becos u were born with a silver spoon in your mouth.

Whoa! Silver spoon in the mouth come back!
    u compare white statistics to blakc statistics, like they are comparable...shows your ignorance.

No, I'm stating that blacks portray all the negative instead of trying to prove what good has been done.
    it look like we are all equally wicked or righteous which is ? ...study the history of the white devil.

Everyone is equally "wicked and righteous", also, ? the history of any type of devil, grow up and live in reality and not fantasy land.
  • VIBE
    edited December 2011
    Options
    LMAO @ THE BOLDED...

typical respose from a white racist.

Have I ever considered blacks a cancer? Ever stated some super pimped out all knowing ? would exterminate all blacks? That blacks would all suffer and die?

No, and I never will. I'm not racist.

You are though.
  • One Spliff
    edited December 2011
    Options
    im not racist, i have white friends

:)
  • VIBE
    edited December 2011
    Options
    im not racist, i have white friends

:)

lol

I don't understand why you say the ? you do about white people then.

Do you tell them they all will suffer for the things they've done?
    Do you tell them they are all actually secretly racist even though they don't know it?
    Do you tell them ? is going to destroy all white people and blacks are the Neo's of ? ?

Do you? If not, why?