Racially Motivated Threads of the Social Lounge...

Options

Comments

• bbwthick23
    bbwthick23 Members Posts: 954 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Who what where when why
  • Niccolò Rossi
    Niccolò Rossi Members Posts: 31
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Of course institutional racism exists, it is rife in our society. As a white person you will never be turned away from a rental property because of your colour. You won't look at the TV and wonder why there aren't more people like you on, or when there are why they're stereotypes. The cops won't ever stop you because of your race etc etc. Your completely ignoring the structural, material and historical FACTS of institutional racism and how they have created a society that systematically favours white over Black in every single scenario.
  • bornnraisedoffCMR
    bornnraisedoffCMR Members Posts: 1,073 ✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    ether-i-am wrote: »
    i'm sorry mr. West but the government and politicians are not good at creating jobs. Individuals are.
    Look at all the infastructer jobs obama created. Or look at all the jobs two white boys created when they invented google. Get the ? outta here

big major ? cosign for this real ? sir
  • sounds of jacob
    sounds of jacob Banned Users Posts: 166
    edited February 2010
    Options
    LMAO @ you people attaching your past to fictional characters
    [IMG]http://i758.photobucket.com/albums/xx230/Ether-I-am/? .jpg[/IMG]

YOU WILL BOW DOWN TO ME SOON ENOUGH BOY .. YOU WILL REMEMBER THIS THREAD AND WISH YOU DIDNT SAY WHAT YOU SAID ..

ISIAH 49:23

And kings shall be thy nursing fathers, and their queens thy nursing mothers: they shall bow down to thee with their face toward the earth, and lick up the dust of thy feet; and thou shalt know that I am the LORD: for they shall not be ashamed that wait for me.

EVERY ONE WANTS TO BE A JEW .. (ISRAELITE) THE MOST HIGH ADRESSED THAT

REVELATIONS 2:9 I know thy works, and tribulation, and poverty, (but thou art rich) and I know the blasphemy of them which say they are Jews, and are not, but are the synagogue of Satan.

3:9 Behold, I will make them of the synagogue of Satan, which say they are Jews, and are not, but do lie; behold, I will make them to come and worship before thy feet, and to know that I have loved thee.

LOL SHALOM ( PEACE )
  • getchamoneyrigh
    getchamoneyrigh Members Posts: 506
    edited February 2010
    Options
    THE 12 TRIBES OF ISRAEL

JUDAH- American Blacks
    BENJAMIN- West Indian Blacks
    LEVI- Haitians
    SIMEON- Dominicans
    ZEBULON- Black Indians Guatemala to Panama(Mayans)
    EPHRAIM- Puerto Ricans
    MANASSEH- Cubans
    GAD- Native-American Indians
    REUBEN- Seminole Indians
    ASHER- Columbia to Uruguay (Incas)
    ISSACHAR- Mexicans (Aztecs)
    NAPTHALI- Argentina/Chile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFyPTBkYWAw

Man I already called you out on this ? . Does wierd lookin dude in the video know that he can't take all that gold to heaven?
  • musicology1985
    musicology1985 Members Posts: 4,632 ✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Man I already called you out on this ? . Does wierd lookin dude in the video know that he can't take all that gold to heaven?

getchamoneyrigh I used to disagree with the Israelite brothas a lot to, until I researched my own family history and found valid proof of what the moors & israelites are saying about black/Israelite/Moorish American/Amexem history & lineage. believe it or not? them ach's ain't bs'n u.

now I don't agree with the anti african/black American women stance, because that's part of our lineage as well. but their shall be no doubt that 90% of what the ach's is saying is true.
  • phanatron
    phanatron Members Posts: 121 ✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I'm sorry Mr. West but the government and politicians are not good at creating jobs. Individuals are.
    Look at all the infastructer jobs Obama created. Or look at all the jobs two white boys created when they invented google. Get the ? outta here.

Gotta co-sign this as well. You know what Mr. West would say? Those aren't 'black' jobs, those are 'white' jobs or 'corporate' jobs. And he's right too. He's right because there aren't many blacks qualified to work at Google. We could compete for corporate jobs, and not just labor and UPS jobs, if the education was there. It isn't. So Mr.West wants Obama to create low paying jobs...manufacturing jobs and the like. The problem is, these jobs are gone...and they've been gone...they are in Mexico, China, India, etc. Places like Flint Mi, Elckhart In, Pitsburgh Pa, Youngstown Oh, Gary In, and now Detroit.....all manufacturing bases were being gutted in the '80s. Go watch Roger & Me and get some perspective. This notion that Obama can reverse this, not just this year, but all, is absurd. It aint happening. The best we can do is get our education level up and start competing for good jobs instead of waiting around for scraps.
  • alissowack
    alissowack Members Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    THE 12 TRIBES OF ISRAEL

JUDAH- American Blacks
    BENJAMIN- West Indian Blacks
    LEVI- Haitians
    SIMEON- Dominicans
    ZEBULON- Black Indians Guatemala to Panama(Mayans)
    EPHRAIM- Puerto Ricans
    MANASSEH- Cubans
    GAD- Native-American Indians
    REUBEN- Seminole Indians
    ASHER- Columbia to Uruguay (Incas)
    ISSACHAR- Mexicans (Aztecs)
    NAPTHALI- Argentina/Chile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFyPTBkYWAw

Hosea 7 has some bad things to say about Ephraim.
  • phanatron
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Oh, and stop going to HBCUs. Maybe they were necessary in the pre-Civil rights era, but now they are mostly money leaching places that people go to waste time. A recent report had the graduation rate after 6 years at 26%! The schools are in way representative of society at large and they people aren't even graduating. On top of that, in many of these schools, the facilities are sub-par compared to other schools and the instructors are not of the same quality of schools of comparable cost.
  • sounds of jacob
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I see your verse and raise you 1.

Deuteronomy 23:1-2 (King James Version)

Deuteronomy 23
    1He that is wounded in the stones, or hath his privy member cut off, shall not enter into the congregation of the LORD.

2A bastard shall not enter into the congregation of the LORD; even to his tenth generation shall he not enter into the congregation of the LORD.

I know its some bastered in your family history thats within the 10th generation, so buddy you may not get in either.

lol cute... but read due . 28th chapter... that doesent apply post slavery ... where in the 6th seal (trumpet) so the most high is dealing with his people again
  • edeeesq
    edeeesq Members Posts: 511
    edited February 2010
    Options
    ...and you were doing so well lol

Hey, I don't agree with it, but its a fact of life. If you are an "influencial" person (and I use that term loosely with celebrities) AND a person of color, your actions effect plenty of things

*See Janet Jackson and nipplegate

Her actions (regardless of fault) affected tons of stuff - FCC regulations, tape delays, the wackness of this year's superbowl.....

Again, I think its ? , but it IS a reality....
  • musicology1985
    edited February 2010
    Options
    phanatron wrote: »
    Gotta co-sign this as well. You know what Mr. West would say? Those aren't 'black' jobs, those are 'white' jobs or 'corporate' jobs. And he's right too. He's right because there aren't many blacks qualified to work at Google. We could compete for corporate jobs, and not just labor and UPS jobs, if the education was there. It isn't. So Mr.West wants Obama to create low paying jobs...manufacturing jobs and the like. The problem is, these jobs are gone...and they've been gone...they are in Mexico, China, India, etc. Places like Flint Mi, Elckhart In, Pitsburgh Pa, Youngstown Oh, Gary In, and now Detroit.....all manufacturing bases were being gutted in the '80s. Go watch Roger & Me and get some perspective. This notion that Obama can reverse this, not just this year, but all, is absurd. It aint happening. The best we can do is get our education level up and start competing for good jobs instead of waiting around for scraps.

here u go with this bs again. if we don't own it? WE GONNA CONTINUE TO GET THE SHAFT. african immigrants have the highest test scores (per capita) in the U.S nation AND ARE STILL OVERLOOKED IN CORPORATE & PROFFESSIONAL CIRCLES in favor of East Indians, Japanese, Chinese, white American & European immigrants.

people do not like blacks because we always want to jump on whats hot instead of building our own AND THEN branching out. education & business ownership are equally important. u keep forgetting that.
  • musicology1985
    edited February 2010
    Options
    here u go with this bs again. if we don't own it? WE GONNA CONTINUE TO GET THE SHAFT. african immigrants have the highest test scores (per capita) in the U.S nation AND ARE STILL OVERLOOKED IN CORPORATE & PROFFESSIONAL CIRCLES in favor of East Indians, Japanese, Chinese, white American & European immigrants.

people do not like blacks because we always want to jump on whats hot instead of building our own AND THEN branching out. education & business ownership are equally important. u keep forgetting that.

also, all those ethnic groups not only have degrees, BUT OWNERSHIP OF BUSINESSES IN FLINT, DETROIT & ELKHART.
  • sounds of jacob
    edited February 2010
    Options

THE KINGDOM OF HEAVEN IS ALLEGORY ITS ON EARTH .. IN NEW JERUSALEM ECCLESIASTES 1:4 One generation passeth away, and another generation cometh: but the earth abideth for ever. NO SUCH THING AS THE RAPTURE .. ECT THE PROTESTANTS MADE THAT UP WHEN WHOM YOU IGNORANTLY CALL JESUS THE CHRIST RETURNS HE WILL PUT HIS PEOPLE (144,000 12,000 FROM EACH TRIBE AS KINGS ) AND 1/3...( 66.6% WILL DIE) BACK IN POWER . .. UNDER HIM AND THE OTHER NATIONS WILL GO INTO SLAVERY FOR 1,000 YEARS ... THEN WILL BE PUT BACK IN THERE LAND UNDER YAH .. HIS SON AND HIS PEOPLE .. .. EVER HEARD THE "WHITE MANS HEAVEN IS THE BLACK MANS HELL"?

EVERY ONE RATHER YOUR GOOD OR EVIL WHEN THEY DIE GO BACK TO THE FATHER

ECCLESIASTES 12:7
    Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto ? who gave it.

AND PUNISHMENT IS SERVED ON EARTH.. WERE ON THE BOTTOM AS A NATION BECAUSE OF WHAT OUR ANCESTORS MOSES AND THE CHILDREN OF ISRAEL DID IN THE WILDERNESS

EXODUS 20:5
    Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy ? am a jealous ? , visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me;

PEACE YAH BLESS
  • Alkindus
    Alkindus Members Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    getchamoneyrigh I used to disagree with the Israelite brothas a lot to, until I researched my own family history and found valid proof of what the moors & israelites are saying about black/Israelite/Moorish American/Amexem history & lineage. believe it or not? them ach's ain't bs'n u.

now I don't agree with the anti african/black American women stance, because that's part of our lineage as well. but their shall be no doubt that 90% of what the ach's is saying is true.

Best believe the israelite ? is all ? son, including all the things regarding history and lineage....Even if you believe in the 12 tribes fables, don' t you think it;s kinda lame that the us israelite movement didn' t enlist any afrikan/asian people/nationalities etc?

there is nothing special about some ancient syrian/hebrew scrolls which were all written by different authors in different centuries, containing stories/poets/songs etc which changed overtime and most are extremely similair to(most of the time older) other cultures.....lets not pretend genesis really is the genesis, you are reading severly changed stories, mostly ? spread ..there used to be gods/kings/queens/wisemen etc..when people were convinced of one ? , the stories changed and ? became the gods/wisemen etc in the stories.....check de sumerian tables/gilgamesj bro, especialy the flood....compare them.....

roots/lineage are non-sens btw, a thousand years ago your ancestor might have been a malmeluk servant chillin in the mongolian steppes....funny thing is that I' m a moroccan, but only started hearing about ' moors' when I learned english. people live nomadic lifes...
  • phanatron
    edited February 2010
    Options

I'm not sure what you mean in this post. I will try to respond, but if I mistake something that you were intending to say, please feel free to correct me.

First, Africans are not African Americans. Don't conflate the statistics of hiring of Africans with African Americans. You need statistics to show that highly qualified Africans are being discriminated against... I will say this; the Africans who come over here are likely to be highly educated, come from wealthy backgrounds, and already have jobs or businesses when they get here. This is due to immigration requirements to get into the United States. The sad part of your story is that I was in college with more Africans, Jamicans, and Haitians than I was with African Americans.

Second, most non-blacks don't own their businesses. Their employment is based upon an ability to obtain a skill that desired and matching that skill with an employer. If you don't have any skills, you aren't going to find ready employment. The only way that you gain skills is through education. I don't want to put words in your mouth, but are acting like blacks already have education and they aren't getting jobs. That isn't true.

Several years ago, I wrote here in the Social Lounge how Detroit had employed these 'charter' schools that focused on black history and leadership and self reliance. These schools increased graduation rates up to 95%. The problem was that when these students were taking their SATs, the straigt A students were scoring as if they were C students and the B and C students simply weren't qualifying at all. What's worst, universities in Illinois and in Michigan were giving straight A students high priority for enrollment without taking the SATs and ACTs. These A students, who were coming from these 'black' schools, were failing out at a very high rate.

Fast forward to this year. Detroit schools students scored the lowest math scores ever recorded in the history of standardarized testing. (http://www.mlive.com/news/detroit/index.ssf/2009/12/detroit_students_notch_lowest.html). Why does this matter? It matters because school districts are locally controlled. Detroit is just one example. Things are similar in Miami, Philedelphia, LA, etc. In Detroit, the HS graduation rate is sub 50% for blacks. The national aveage is around 65% for blacks. This compares to around 85% for whites. In the 2007 stats, Blacks who drop out of high school were going to jail at around 36% of the time.

All this talk about empowerment and businesses start wtih education. Mr. West said it best...the other Mr. West...'You know kids are going to act a fool, when you cut the programs for after-school'.
  • musicology1985
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I disagree. First you said African immagrants. What about african American. we just stay losing huh so we outside statistics. Plus have you seen them Asian text scores? What about them middle easterners?
    Everything is woo is me for blacks huh. I see how Africans lost power in Africa, any competion come along we (y'all) become ? victims instead of going harder and changing what no longer works.

Ether man calm down I am in no way against your position on this, I am just adding an extra dimension to this subject that is often forgotten. u so ready to jump on anybody defending black people that u ignored everything I said in the previous thread. it is a known fact that there are 4.6 million "black Americans" with masters degrees and they still have not united to lock down even one industry. the successful blacks are right here right now, but they are currently unable to unite and form a coalition behind a common goal. so we resort to a "hope" that Obama and his administration can do it, which is ridiculous. why? he's waaay to far removed from it. whatever he does has to hopefully trickle down. he can't do ? directly because he'll be shut down politically, or worse.

now, I used the example of African immigrants because they are already doing what u and the other brother want us to do. and the fact of the matter is, U HAVE TO TO OWN IT MAN. this will never change, unless u own the company u can always be x'd out. thats just the way it is. it was a brotha on Al Sharpton's show a week and a half ago talking about this very issue. he has a degree in engineering and he was in charge of heavy machinary repair. when the time came to outsource jobs? he was the first to go, irregardless of him being the most productive in his section. this man went on to start his own company and now he is in a stable position. we are getting hit by the recession because our neighborhoods HAVE NO BLACK INFASTRUCTURE. we need people with degrees and businesses.

now again, I agree, get up off your ass and get something, but we have to get more than one thing. u so thirsty for black blood u don't even want an additional opinion. sheesh!
  • musicology1985
    edited February 2010
    Options
    phanatron wrote: »
    I'm not sure what you mean in this post. I will try to respond, but if I mistake something that you were intending to say, please feel free to correct me.

First, Africans are not African Americans. Don't conflate the statistics of hiring of Africans with African Americans. You need statistics to show that highly qualified Africans are being discriminated against... I will say this; the Africans who come over here are likely to be highly educated, come from wealthy backgrounds, and already have jobs or businesses when they get here. This is due to immigration requirements to get into the United States. The sad part of your story is that I was in college with more Africans, Jamicans, and Haitians than I was with African Americans.

Second, most non-blacks don't own their businesses. Their employment is based upon an ability to obtain a skill that desired and matching that skill with an employer. If you don't have any skills, you aren't going to find ready employment. The only way that you gain skills is through education. I don't want to put words in your mouth, but are acting like blacks already have education and they aren't getting jobs. That isn't true.

Several years ago, I wrote here in the Social Lounge how Detroit had employed these 'charter' schools that focused on black history and leadership and self reliance. These schools increased graduation rates up to 95%. The problem was that when these students were taking their SATs, the straigt A students were scoring as if they were C students and the B and C students simply weren't qualifying at all. What's worst, universities in Illinois and in Michigan were giving straight A students high priority for enrollment without taking the SATs and ACTs. These A students, who were coming from these 'black' schools, were failing out at a very high rate.

Fast forward to this year. Detroit schools students scored the lowest math scores ever recorded in the history of standardarized testing. (http://www.mlive.com/news/detroit/index.ssf/2009/12/detroit_students_notch_lowest.html). Why does this matter? It matters because school districts are locally controlled. Detroit is just one example. Things are similar in Miami, Philedelphia, LA, etc. In Detroit, the HS graduation rate is sub 50% for blacks. The national aveage is around 65% for blacks. This compares to around 85% for whites. In the 2007 stats, Blacks who drop out of high school were going to jail at around 36% of the time.

All this talk about empowerment and businesses start wtih education. Mr. West said it best...the other Mr. West...'You know kids are going to act a fool, when you cut the programs for after-school'.

damn I had a good response to this back up by research but when I sent it the program didn't process it. but I can rebuttel everything u said when I get back in a lil bit. peace.
  • musicology1985
    edited February 2010
    Options
    damn I had a good response to this back up by research but when I sent it the program didn't process it. but I can rebuttel everything u said when I get back in a lil bit. peace.

African community grows, but opportunities do not
    Many in Illinois have advanced degrees but drive taxicabs, says a community report
    By Vanessa Bauz225
    August 06, 2008
    http://archives.chicagotribune.com/2008/…

The African community has grown faster than any other immigrant group in the state, but although many emigres are well educated they’ve been unable to get jobs that match their professional backgrounds, according to a report released Wednesday

NOW THATS JUST ONE PIECE OF IT, LET ME KNOW IF U NEED MORE.

Now, as far as the Detroit stats. Yes we fell behind (city wise) in education, but remember, black Americans NEVER UTILIZED the billions we made in the automotive industry. we would rather pay another ethnicity to provide a service for us in which we already have a skill set in (I already listed these industries in the previuos thread). u and I both know this is true. there are major levels of black wealth in the city of Detroit, in our churchs as well as wealth AND EDUCATION in Pontiac, Oak Park, Aurburn Hills, Farmington Hills, Romulus, Bloomfield Hills and especially Southfield (all suburbs of Detroit with high net worth black people) remember, these the folks that got educated or worked in manufacturing, then got paid & got the F OUT OF THE CITY OF DETROIT. educaters are now calling this "BLACK FLIGHT." this left the uneducated behind to fend for themselves.

now peep this, u mentioned the low math skills. u wanna know why? brace yourself, its gonna sound crazy but, "most of the brothas that were and are good at math dropped out and joined the illegal drug trade." giving rise to Young Boys Inc., all the Mile Boys, Chedder Boys, street Lordz & the biggest "known" black organized crime syndicate in North America; the Black Mafia Family.

so u see, our black American "brain drain" went into Organized crime & the suburbs. thats what happned to the city of Detroit. It did not help that our city government had rampant corruption 1985-2008 as well, along with weak educational legislation coming out of lansing. black Americans with degrees & those with businesses have to work together. thats the only way, because neither one of us can do this on our own.
  • thespookwhosatbythed
    thespookwhosatbythed Banned Users Posts: 164
    edited February 2010
    Options
    see mus understands whats going on the other ? sounds like one of those toms who get an education and moves away from the hood and forgets it. phanatron sounds just like a disgruntled ? . just like that ? who be agreeing with glenn beck all the time
  • thespookwhosatbythed
    thespookwhosatbythed Banned Users Posts: 164
    edited February 2010
    Options
    mus what type of ideas do you have for the black community cause i have a lot and wanna see if we on the same level.
  • phanatron
    edited February 2010
    Options
    African community grows, but opportunities do not
    Many in Illinois have advanced degrees but drive taxicabs, says a community report
    By Vanessa Bauz225
    August 06, 2008
    http://archives.chicagotribune.com/2008/…

The African community has grown faster than any other immigrant group in the state, but although many emigres are well educated they’ve been unable to get jobs that match their professional backgrounds, according to a report released Wednesday

NOW THATS JUST ONE PIECE OF IT, LET ME KNOW IF U NEED MORE.

I would like to read the rest of that article because it sounds interesting. But overall, I'm not really concerned with African immigrants any more than I am concerned with Asian immigrants. The reason why is because they are substantially different than African Americans and their educational background may or may not directly transfer. Example, a friend of mine was a judge in Trinidad but moved to the US and could barely get a job as a law clerk. He had to go back to law school in order to get a law degree here before he was accepted in the legal community. For professional positions, it matters where individuals get their education from. So I think that the African cause is a different cause than the African American cause.

On to your comments about Detroit, I definitely don't disagree with you. The common thread is that there are would be scholars in our jails. I got more than a few of my friends in jail right now, who, in my mind, are just as smart or smarter than me...well maybe not smarter, I don't want to get carried away. We lived on the same block, we grew up together, our dads worked in the shop together. The only difference between me and them is that my dad insisted that I go to private school. As we got older, I had more opportunities than they did. I remember looking at their homework and schoolbooks and just shaking my head. You know what the schools are like. The reason why I posted about the Detroit school systems is that even kids that are getting straight As aren't getting the education that they need. That can't happen. I got a brother who was an Army recruiter in VA, he said in the black schools, it was common for honor roll students to fail the ASFAB. That's incredible. There is such a range for passing, that a person with a GED can pass.

So bottom line, my fundamental point is that our school systems are in such bad shape that until we fix them, all this other stuff secondary.
  • phanatron
    edited February 2010
    Options
    see mus understands whats going on the other ? sounds like one of those toms who get an education and moves away from the hood and forgets it. phanatron sounds just like a disgruntled ? . just like that ? who be agreeing with glenn beck all the time

How is pointing out how bad our educational system is, being disgruntled? I'm in the hood everyday. I'm in the jails everyday....well a lot of days, too many days. I'm in the living rooms of moms trying to figure out what their son did and how they are going to afford to get them out. Forget where I came from? I'm willing to bet I've given away more time and services in the last month than you have in the last year (rolling year). I don't have anything to be disgruntled about. I could not step one foot in the hood for the rest of my life and be good. Before I lived in Detroit, I grew up in Flint. This ain't a hobby for me, this is who I am. I drop in out the IC once or twice a year..depending on how busy I am. Glenn Beck? Hardly...but I do know that what blacks need more than anything is opportunity. And that opportunity starts with education.
  • whar67
    whar67 Members Posts: 542
    edited February 2010
    Options
    The level of bat-? insanity in this thread is happily quite high :)
  • DarcSkies777
    DarcSkies777 Members Posts: 5,600 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    edeeesq wrote: »
    Hey, I don't agree with it, but its a fact of life. If you are an "influencial" person (and I use that term loosely with celebrities) AND a person of color, your actions effect plenty of things

*See Janet Jackson and nipplegate

Her actions (regardless of fault) affected tons of stuff - FCC regulations, tape delays, the wackness of this year's superbowl.....

Again, I think its ? , but it IS a reality....

Fair enough...........

but isnt the problem over reaction and not celebrity?