Racially Motivated Threads of the Social Lounge...

Options

Comments

• Funky Dr
    Funky Dr Banned Users Posts: 2,348 ✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    ether-i-am wrote: »
    so you want a lot of handouts huh?

Handouts? Really? Handouts? I didnt know those were handouts...
  • Funky Dr
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I'm sorry Mr. West but the government and politicians are not good at creating jobs. Individuals are.
    Look at all the infastructer jobs Obama created. Or look at all the jobs two white boys created when they invented google. Get the ? outta here.

Im from an area where you can open up a business, have things going GREAT for a few months then have the entire thing come crashing down on your head.

Ive seen more entreprenuers end up shutting their business down than ones whose businesses catch on.
  • Funky Dr
    edited February 2010
    Options
    phanatron wrote: »
    I don't want to put words in your mouth, but are acting like blacks already have education and they aren't getting jobs. That isn't true.

Yes it is.

It is absolutely true.
  • Funky Dr
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Heres the news link in case you wanna read it:

http://www.epi.org/economic_snapshots/entry/snapshots_20090422/

Among college-educated, African Americans hardest hit by unemployment
    April 22, 2009
  • Funky Dr
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Second, most non-blacks don't own their businesses. Their employment is based upon an ability to obtain a skill that desired and matching that skill with an employer. If you don't have any skills, you aren't going to find ready employment. The only way that you gain skills is through education..

Lets examine Unions for a moment. Many whites say that "affirmative action is reverse discrimination because it hires underqualified blacks blah blah blah."

As Michael Eric Dyson said, most of those historically white controlled jobs have been held by whites for so long because the skills for those jobs have been taught exclusively to whites for so long.

Take police jobs for example. Why do you think there are times where entire families become police officers? Because those family members entered their loved ones into that job market or skill set from a very young age. Daddy police officer Buck takes his son little Timmy to go play at the Chief of police's house ever since he was 5 and grooms that kid to become a cop.

Especially out here. When you have skill sets that have been regulated or passed down exclusively amongst whites its hard for anyone to get their foots in the door. Add racism into the mix and AINT NO ONE black gettin hired.

Thus the need for things like affirmative action to balance things out.
  • phanatron
    phanatron Members Posts: 121 ✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Funky Dr wrote: »
    Heres the news link in case you wanna read it:

http://www.epi.org/economic_snapshots/entry/snapshots_20090422/

Among college-educated, African Americans hardest hit by unemployment
    April 22, 2009

Your numbers are a bit dated but they are close enough. For all of 2009, blacks with a bacherlors degree had an unemployment rate that was 2.9% higher than than whites with a bacherlors degree. That's an issue, but not that big of an issue.

The problems start to occur when you go down the education ladder and start looking at blacks without a high school diploma or those that just graduated high school. Blacks without a high school diploma have an unemployment rate of over 21%. Thats nearly 3x times higher than blacks with a 4 year degree. Whites without a high school diploma are unemployed over twice the rate of blacks with a 4 year degree. Blacks with only a high school diploma still have twice the rate of unemployment as Blacks with a 4 year degree. While blacks with a 4 year degree have a slightly higher unemployment rate than that of similar whites, they are well below the unemployment rate for the country.
    ftp://ftp.bls.gov/pub/special.requests/lf/aat7.txt (Bureau of Labor statistics)

The Washington Post has an article that cites the analysis of the Economic Policy Institute that the reason for the significantly higher unemployment rate amongst Blacks is their exposure to the manufacturing sector, in paticular in places like Michigan, Ohio, and PA.
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/01/14/AR2010011404085.html

The dramatic difference between whites without a high school diploma and that of blacks without a high school diploma also has to do with the fact that many whites who drop out of high school do so to work on the faimly farm. For them, completing high school is not that big of a deal. They have a job that they probably have been doing since they were 14 and they are able to maintain an income. In places like Iowa, Kansas, Montana, Wyoming, these people aren't competing for high tech jobs. They agricultural jobs and they do ok. Blacks on the other hand don't have that luxury.

To wrap it all up, yes there is a disparity between blacks and whites regardless of the education level. However the gap between blacks with a 4 year degree and blacks with a HS diploma or less is incredibly huge. Its a night and day difference.
  • edeeesq
    edeeesq Members Posts: 511
    edited February 2010
    Options
    :tu: @ Funk droppin' that real on A.A.

SMH @ people not realizing that white women are STILL the biggest benefactors from affirmative Action....
  • getchamoneyrigh
    getchamoneyrigh Members Posts: 506
    edited February 2010
    Options
    getchamoneyrigh I used to disagree with the Israelite brothas a lot to, until I researched my own family history and found valid proof of what the moors & israelites are saying about black/Israelite/Moorish American/Amexem history & lineage. believe it or not? them ach's ain't bs'n u.

now I don't agree with the anti african/black American women stance, because that's part of our lineage as well. but their shall be no doubt that 90% of what the ach's is saying is true.

I appreciate you being civil on this. But lets be serious most of the races described are of the same, only nations divide them. Why would ? care about the difference between Puerto Rico and Dominican Republic? There is really no difference. Its not even a theory it has not be scientific proven it is a thought. It is not even anything relevant to society. And me being white am the devil, sorry my bad I did not know. But you know then free will is out the window cause I did not choose that! Right? So no matter what this is not a christian belief it must be something else, because christians believe I have free will. But this says everything is determined?
  • musicology1985
    musicology1985 Members Posts: 4,632 ✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    mus what type of ideas do you have for the black community cause i have a lot and wanna see if we on the same level.

well there is two ways to look at this; free & clear property ownership & entrepreneurship (my way) and educational advancement & application (phanatron's way). I say their both equally useful. after that, we need to lock down the black hair care industry, while phanatron wants us to apply for high skill level jobs.
  • musicology1985
    edited February 2010
    Options
    THIS FOR U PHANATRON! PEACE FAM

African community grows, but opportunities do not
    Sun, 06/08/2008 - 13:34
    Vanessa Bauzá
    Chicago Tribune

Many in Illinois have advanced degrees but drive taxicabs, says a community report

The African community has grown faster than any other immigrant group in the state, but although many emigres are well educated they've been unable to get jobs that match their professional backgrounds, according to a report released Wednesday.

The study is meant to shed light on the need for job placement, English lessons and other services for African immigrants, which community leaders say are often overshadowed by larger groups.

"More often our community is invisible. . . . Until recently it remained relatively outside the realm of public policy discussion about immigrants," said Alie Kabba, executive director of the United African Organization, which released the report.

"When you talk to Africans driving cabs in Chicago with master's degrees you wonder what are the reasons you see this shocking disparity between education and professional status. It reflects a certain attitude toward Africa, that there's not much coming out of Africa."

Kendall County sees big minority growth spurt

The report surveyed 160 African immigrants in Illinois and found that 53 percent have bachelor's or graduate degrees, a figure similar to 2006 statewide census estimates. The average income among those surveyed was $44,000 a year. Compared to other workers with similar education, Africans are underemployed in jobs that do not take advantage of their skills, according to the report. The disparity often leads to frustration.

"Their expectation was high, and they are really disappointed," said Erku Yimer, executive director of the Ethiopian Community Association of Chicago. "Some of them want to go back (to Africa) but the situation is worse there. At least they can survive here."

Africans are among the smallest immigrant groups in Illinois, with an estimated population of 43,000. Still, the African community grew 63 percent between 2000 and 2006 compared with 16 percent for Latin American immigrants and 22 percent for Asian immigrants, according to 2006 census estimates.

Most immigrants surveyed came from Nigeria, Ghana or Ethiopia. About one-third said they moved to Illinois to pursue higher degrees; close to a quarter moved here to reunite with their relatives.

Nana Akwasi came to Chicago from Ghana more than 30 years ago to visit his uncle. He stayed after enrolling in a community college to study communications.

"I feel that at my age and being a foreigner, it's not easy to get into any entry position no matter the qualifications you have," said Akwasi, who is a cabdriver. "When you keep trying and trying, you kind of give up. . . . For those of us who were not born here, it is a little hard."
  • bless the child
    bless the child Members Posts: 5,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    The black agenda should be...Separate but Equal. We should own our own water supplies,food supplies, clothing and housing. We should have a separate educational system up until college and lastly, but most importantly, we should restore the black family.
  • musicology1985
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Alkindus wrote: »
    Best believe the israelite ? is all ? son, including all the things regarding history and lineage....Even if you believe in the 12 tribes fables, don' t you think it;s kinda lame that the us israelite movement didn' t enlist any afrikan/asian people/nationalities etc?

there is nothing special about some ancient syrian/hebrew scrolls which were all written by different authors in different centuries, containing stories/poets/songs etc which changed overtime and most are extremely similair to(most of the time older) other cultures.....lets not pretend genesis really is the genesis, you are reading severly changed stories, mostly ? spread ..there used to be gods/kings/queens/wisemen etc..when people were convinced of one ? , the stories changed and ? became the gods/wisemen etc in the stories.....check de sumerian tables/gilgamesj bro, especialy the flood....compare them.....

roots/lineage are non-sens btw, a thousand years ago your ancestor might have been a malmeluk servant chillin in the mongolian steppes....funny thing is that I' m a moroccan, but only started hearing about ' moors' when I learned english. people live nomadic lifes...

WOW. well, I know from my own family records that the Israelites & Moors ain't lyin' to me. I can trace me records back to 1802 North Carolina & we wasn't even slaves ON ANY SIDES OF MY FAMILY. but we had names like Elijah & we served our people (my great grandfather 1892-1972) had a grocery store that serviced other Israelites/Moors until the whites painted themeselves with black face, robbed & it & blew it up.

Not to mention there were many black people who were kings & queens in North/Western Africa who got taken into slavery and lived amongst us by accident (or divine fate if u correlate our experience with the scriptures). Abdulrahman Ibrahim Ibn Sori is a perfect example of this and there are plenty more where he came from
  • bless the child
    bless the child Members Posts: 5,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I disagree. First you said African immagrants. What about african American. we just stay losing huh so we outside statistics. Plus have you seen them Asian text scores? What about them middle easterners?
    Everything is woo is me for blacks huh. I see how Africans lost power in Africa, any competion come along we (y'all) become ? victims instead of going harder and changing what no longer works.

I guess maybe its not in the nature of the African people to stoop to the lows other races will for power.
  • Alkindus
    Alkindus Members Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    WOW. well, I know from my own family records that the Israelites & Moors ain't lyin' to me. I can trace me records back to 1802 North Carolina & we wasn't even slaves ON ANY SIDES OF MY FAMILY. but we had names like Elijah & we served our people (my great grandfather 1892-1972) had a grocery store that serviced other Israelites/Moors until the whites painted themeselves with black face, robbed & it & blew it up.

Not to mention there were many black people who were kings & queens in North/Western Africa who got taken into slavery and lived amongst us by accident (or divine fate if u correlate our experience with the scriptures). Abdulrahman Ibrahim Ibn Sori is a perfect example of this and there are plenty more where he came from

bro I am what you call a 'moor', I'm telling you that there are dozens if not hundred types of different people(from the amazigh to the touareq) which you probably never heard of which fall under the 'moor' lable but never ever did or do we call ourselves 'moors' or 'israelites'. I know you rather believe in legends but we tend to believe in actual historical/ancestoral facts/evidence and best believe we have plenty of that(might want to dig in on some afrikan history son). Our 'fables' and or 'legends' go back to 10.000 BC..........I hope you realize that having a berber/arab/afrikan/asian name does not mean you are special lol, you think we are called jhon smith's or something? millions of people carry the names of prophets, kings etc many if not most of the names actually existed before the kings/prophets etc. before there even were jews/muslims...

I don't understand why people would rather believe in made up ? , identity crisis ? who preach ? regarding their so called fable ancestors and 12 tribe ? etc non-sense. If you are intersted in human history, please check out the stuff our ancestors actually wrote and made.....instead of reading the bible which has vague claims regarding timelines(lets say 1000 BC) actually study the literature of civilisations that lived 1000 BC.

I mean if I would write a book right now, claiming ? happened a thousand years ago, would you take my word seriously or would you actually start reading the work of people that lived 1000 years ago? samething with all those american israelites/moors, would you rather read the ? they produce or actually start reading ? from the real 'moors'>? would you rather read what some american intolrant motafucka anno 2010 wrote or what the people he or she talks about in 1020 actually wrote? if you never been there, why judge it and if you have never read it why judge as well? because your lazy and rather believe in the ol assumptions you have become used to regard as facts? thats not an excuse bro.

when you actually study reality/so called truth, you will find out that the bible (at least many interpertations/feelings many people have regarding the book) are straight up ? , samething goes for the moors/israelites. maybe you should start with ibn khaldoun's work, it's historical way of writing and might open up your world regarding the race ? you believe in.
  • musicology1985
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Alkindus wrote: »
    bro I am what you call a 'moor', I'm telling you that there are dozens if not hundred types of different people(from the amazigh to the touareq) which you probably never heard of which fall under the 'moor' lable but never ever did or do we call ourselves 'moors' or 'israelites'. I know you rather believe in legends but we tend to believe in actual historical/ancestoral facts/evidence and best believe we have plenty of that(might want to dig in on some afrikan history son). Our 'fables' and or 'legends' go back to 10.000 BC..........I hope you realize that having a berber/arab/afrikan/asian name does not mean you are special lol, you think we are called jhon smith's or something? millions of people carry the names of prophets, kings etc many if not most of the names actually existed before the kings/prophets etc. before there even were jews/muslims...

I don't understand why people would rather believe in made up ? , identity crisis ? who preach ? regarding their so called fable ancestors and 12 tribe ? etc non-sense. If you are intersted in human history, please check out the stuff our ancestors actually wrote and made.....instead of reading the bible which has vague claims regarding timelines(lets say 1000 BC) actually study the literature of civilisations that lived 1000 BC.

I mean if I would write a book right now, claiming ? happened a thousand years ago, would you take my word seriously or would you actually start reading the work of people that lived 1000 years ago? samething with all those american israelites/moors, would you rather read the ? they produce or actually start reading ? from the real 'moors'>? would you rather read what some american intolrant motafucka anno 2010 wrote or what the people he or she talks about in 1020 actually wrote? if you never been there, why judge it and if you have never read it why judge as well? because your lazy and rather believe in the ol assumptions you have become used to regard as facts? thats not an excuse bro.

when you actually study reality/so called truth, you will find out that the bible (at least many interpertations/feelings many people have regarding the book) are straight up ? , samething goes for the moors/israelites. maybe you should start with ibn khaldoun's work, it's historical way of writing and might open up your world regarding the race ? you believe in.

c'mon buddy lets be civil. in no way am I saying that your not correct. all I'm saying is the scriptures & moorish deeds correlate to my family history & black American history as a whole. I also never insinuated that there were no brown & white moors (? , I got european ancestry too.) we agree more than we disagree but the bible is not all I study. I study the Koran, Niger, Volta, Congo, Zambezi & Nile Vally Civilization (amongst others.) we can share this history because North Africans were a little bit of everybody in the middle ages. I appreciate the info & a native perspective.
  • thespookwhosatbythed
    thespookwhosatbythed Banned Users Posts: 164
    edited February 2010
    Options
    How is pointing out how bad our educational system is, being disgruntled? I'm in the hood everyday. I'm in the jails everyday....well a lot of days, too many days. I'm in the living rooms of moms trying to figure out what their son did and how they are going to afford to get them out. Forget where I came from? I'm willing to bet I've given away more time and services in the last month than you have in the last year (rolling year). I don't have anything to be disgruntled about. I could not step one foot in the hood for the rest of my life and be good. Before I lived in Detroit, I grew up in Flint. This ain't a hobby for me, this is who I am. I drop in out the IC once or twice a year..depending on how busy I am. Glenn Beck? Hardly...but I do know that what blacks need more than anything is opportunity. And that opportunity starts with education.

calm down ? . i feel you with education, but education doesnt always give you opportunities. i just have a different stance then you on how to help out the black community. and yes you have spent waaaaay more time than me in jails and mothers living rooms. the only reason is because i dont waste time on such a lost cause like that. i say lost cause because without any money (real money) all the ? youre doing is for not.
  • thespookwhosatbythed
    thespookwhosatbythed Banned Users Posts: 164
    edited February 2010
    Options
    The black agenda should be...Separate but Equal. We should own our own water supplies,food supplies, clothing and housing. We should have a separate educational system up until college and lastly, but most importantly, we should restore the black family.

see i agree with this whole heartiedly. i was watching some ? on pbs about zora neale hurston and she felt the same way. ? hated her for that and i love her for this.
  • musicology1985
    edited February 2010
    Options
    see i agree with this whole heartiedly. i was watching some ? on pbs about zora neale hurston and she felt the same way. ? hated her for that and i love her for this.

I agree with her too, I just came to the conclusion that those resources are already available, just not in the United States. we have to take it one step at a time here because we need at least 1 industry on 100% lock down before we do anything else.

If u want absolute blackness right now with a system already set up for it? try 1.Gabon 2.Ghana 3.Nigeria. 4. South Africa 5.Gambia. those are the five most stable nations for 100% black power. they not perfect but they trying.
  • Funky Dr
    edited February 2010
    Options
    edeeesq wrote: »
    :tu: @ Funk droppin' that real on A.A.

SMH @ people not realizing that white women are STILL the biggest benefactors from affirmative Action....

And EDEEESQ Gets the REBOUND!!! lol That is another excellent point!
  • Funky Dr
    edited February 2010
    Options
    why would a business shut down pray tell?

Wal Mart

• Funky Dr
    edited February 2010
    Options
    What would happen if EVERYONE DID deny that racism exsist?
    Who would be mad?
    Sometimes I feel we ( and I say we for more of a community effect. I don't really mean me included.),anyhow, we want racism just to say there is racism. If racism has to vanish from the face of the earth a lot of black people wouldn't have ? to blame ? on. Nothing but themselves and their choices.

There were two cross burnings in Buffalo (population 250,000) in the past year. Something tells me we still may have some issues to work out...
  • Funky Dr
    edited February 2010
    Options
    24q7ja1.gif

lmao

Underrated movie
  • bornnraisedoffCMR
    bornnraisedoffCMR Members Posts: 1,073 ✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Funky Dr wrote: »
    Wal Mart

Walmart's number is coming up. People are getting sick of that place I know I am.

But hey, thats business man. My pops has had over 30 different businesses. He made some good dough and lost some. But the nail in the coffin came from the government went the IRS went after all his assets. We went from a paid for 5 br house that was formly a school to the ? projects like that! All because of some ? he didnt sign from some business partner he had years ago.

I guess you can see why I have such hatred for Uncle Sam
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Legalize marijuana to create more jobs.....this recession is hurting too many people out here, especially blacks.
  • Funky Dr
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Walmart's number is coming up. People are getting sick of that place I know I am.

But hey, thats business man. My pops has had over 30 different businesses. He made some good dough and lost some. But the nail in the coffin came from the government went the IRS went after all his assets. We went from a paid for 5 br house that was formly a school to the ? projects like that! All because of some ? he didnt sign from some business partner he had years ago.

I guess you can see why I have such hatred for Uncle Sam

That explains EVERYTHING! lol