Official Dexter Season 6 Thread

Options

Comments

• eyes low
    eyes low Members Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Will Munny wrote: »
    Even if he did the gutting part later on, I don't see how its possible to ? the professor AND drag him off to a place far enough away that Dex wouldn't be able to find immediately in the short amount of time Dexter was stuck in the elevator.

BUUUUUTT. They did some unrealistic ? when Dexter killed the two guys and made it looks like a ? sex act and they all went for it.

he didnt have to drag him far he just had to hide him, some of you guys are looking too deep into it
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    AND run all the way up the floors to get there? I don't think so, Tim.

and he's just so pyscho he paints the room ? himself and just happens to forget he ever did it? Its just a lame and overused concept. "OH IT WAS ALL IN HIS HEAD, IT WAS HIM ALL ALONG!" yeah we've never seen that before.
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    matt- wrote: »
    this show is getting worse. probably need to wrap it up soon

lol I think it got renewed for 2 more seasons
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    I don't actually think he did. If I remember correctly, it was Travis who said there's Gellar going into the building. But still you'd assume Dexter would see something... I mean it's a big campus and it's at night.

Also if Travis was the killer, whilst Dexter was stuck in the elevator, you mean to tell me he killed the professor, gutted his insides out clean, put all that ? above for the "? trap", placed the body on stage, carve the alpha omega symbol, then come back to help Dex out the lift?

They need to clarify that with a flashback cause the only logical thing I can think of is Travis dumped the body after killing and came back later to do all that, or he killed the professor waaaay before him and Dexter got to the University and played it out from there.

I think it was all done before hand. Travis is a smart dude. He faked the whole "unconscious" scene when Dex found him, which led Dex to find the trap door and go under, then Travis gets up to take action. So he's thinking ahead of Dex. He was able to ? the professor before they arrived to "save" him.
  • VIBE
    edited November 2011
    Options
    AND run all the way up the floors to get there? I don't think so, Tim.

and he's just so pyscho he paints the room ? himself and just happens to forget he ever did it? Its just a lame and overused concept. "OH IT WAS ALL IN HIS HEAD, IT WAS HIM ALL ALONG!" yeah we've never seen that before.

He's insane. He's obviously talking to no one and Dex sees that himself from the previews for next week. When people hallucinate, they think this ? is real and you can't tell them otherwise. My wife is an LVN and she sees this ? everyday.

As for the murders, it's obvious he's blacking out. He's mentally insane, he seems okay and legit but inside he's ? crazy.

It's perfect, nothing seems so far fetched.
  • Will Munny
    edited November 2011
    Options
    VIBE86 wrote: »
    He's insane. He's obviously talking to no one and Dex sees that himself from the previews for next week. When people hallucinate, they think this ? is real and you can't tell them otherwise. My wife is an LVN and she sees this ? everyday.

As for the murders, it's obvious he's blacking out. He's mentally insane, he seems okay and legit but inside he's ? crazy.

It's perfect, nothing seems so far fetched.

Its still lame and boring no matter how realistic it is, and none of that ? matters becuase we as viewers have been lead to beleive he's sane. Then all of a sudden its like "WAIT A TICK! HE'S A MADMAN!" ? has been done so many times before. If the whole time we knew he was talking to himself it would be one thing, but this is just such a weak "twist."

Matt was right, they need to wrap this ? up soon, there isn't really where they can even go with this, they've already been down almost every avenue they can posibly go down.

The whole Ice Truck Killer coming back for two episodes and going to Nebraska. How ? pointless was that ? ?
  • Darius
    Darius Members Posts: 22,649 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Ah a moral delima, is it against the code to ? a man who doesn't realize what he's doing? Ah ?
    The code. And where the hell is Harrison when the nanny is ? the intern?
  • imm0rt4l
    imm0rt4l Members Posts: 683 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Ah a moral delima, is it against the code to ? a man who doesn't realize what he's doing? Ah ?

Rule 1 is to not get caught, travis can compromise dexter. I think he shouldn't have too much problem killing him, but then again he didn't ? jonah, but most importantly because he was innocent....I guess in this instance there is some ambiguity. The writing as to how dex goes about rationalizing his kills has been pretty inconsistent as he's randomly killed a few people for no good reason, and killed without verifying ones guilt at least once.
  • Darius
    edited November 2011
    Options
    imm0rt4l wrote: »
    Rule 1 is to not get caught, travis can compromise dexter. I think he shouldn't have too much problem killing him, but then again he didn't ? jonah. The writing as to how dex goes about rationalizing his kills has been pretty inconsistent as he's randomly killed a few people for no good reason, and killed without verifying ones guilt at least once.
    that is absolutely true
  • VIBE
    edited November 2011
    Options
    lol who has a better idea to write for the show then?

It's hard to NOT come up with the, "same ol ? ". We criticize too much and hard and forget to just accept it as entertainment. We're expecting, either, too far-fetched stories or too realistic stories. Let the show be what it is, entertaining and a try at "shock twists".

Dexter is a good show, but they will have to end it soon.
  • Will Munny
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Its an OKAY show, but it was once a GOOD show. I don't think I'm wrong in saying its fallen off, and I don't think its wrong to not like the direction a show is going. John Lithgow season was the ? .
  • Darius
    edited November 2011
    Options
    I used to love the show. I watched all the previous seasons episodes in like the span of 2 weeks. I loved it. And I loved how this season started out, but now as this season has gone on, I'm just not as drawn to the show. I still like it and I'll watch it but it's just getting kinda old
  • Will Munny
    edited November 2011
    Options
  • TimroD
    TimroD Confirm Email Posts: 1,685 ✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    still the best show atm
    i thought that split personality ending was dope
  • gdatruth2.0
    gdatruth2.0 Members Posts: 3,581 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    there is only one place the show can go after this season.
    they have to finally have Deb find out about Dex and have a season or two with her coming to gripes and the dynamic of their new relationships.

they've hinted at this development for years with Deb finding out about the ITK's relation to Dex, finding out Harry had a relationship with Dex's mom who was an informant. ? last season she was within a literal curtain pull of finding the truth and pulled away.

overall I like this season better than last (which isnt saying much) but with 2 seasons left (atleast) they need to get have Deb find Dex out.
  • VIBE
    edited November 2011
    Options
    TimroD wrote: »
    still the best show atm
    i thought that split personality ending was dope

The show in the beginning to me was great, now it's good (decent). They've kinda just fallen off the horse with this stuff. It's still interesting, but it's getting old. They gotta ? the show already, it's had it's run.

Lets just get to the point of someone finding out and let it run it's course to the end from there.

The GOAT show at the moment (even though it's on it's season break) is Breaking Bad. I've never seen a show this damn amazing.
  • Check Mate
    Check Mate Members Posts: 472
    edited December 2011
    Options

He banged her at his house, she wasn't atchin Harrison at the time.
  • sdca
    sdca Members Posts: 290 ✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    I got a sketchy vibe from the preview of next week's ep... :/

Deb looked a lil too close to her 'brother', or the therapist planting the idea...
  • Bcotton5
    edited December 2011
    Options
    I still think the intern might play a big part
  • ...MVP...
    ...MVP... Members Posts: 647 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Its still lame and boring no matter how realistic it is, and none of that ? matters becuase we as viewers have been lead to beleive he's sane. Then all of a sudden its like "WAIT A TICK! HE'S A MADMAN!" ? has been done so many times before. If the whole time we knew he was talking to himself it would be one thing, but this is just such a weak "twist."

Matt was right, they need to wrap this ? up soon, there isn't really where they can even go with this, they've already been down almost every avenue they can posibly go down.

The whole Ice Truck Killer coming back for two episodes and going to Nebraska. How ? pointless was that ? ?

The Dexter's-brother-talking-to-him-episode did seem kinda like a skipper, but I think it was dropping a hint or foreshadowing to Travis's situation.
  • ...MVP...
    edited December 2011
    Options
    On another note.... Is DEB gonna start ? Dexter now or something?!?!?!?!? It seems thats wat they be eluding to. Deb ? everything.... black, white, old, young, ....stepbrother even... smh......
  • Bcotton5
    edited December 2011
    Options
    ...MVP... wrote: »
    On another note.... Is DEB gonna start ? Dexter now or something?!?!?!?!? It seems thats wat they be eluding to. Deb ? everything.... black, white, old, young, ....stepbrother even... smh......

I dont get why ppl are saying this lol
  • sdca
    sdca Members Posts: 290 ✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    ^^ I know it's crazy lol... the previews & sneak peak clips just kinda gave that vibe...

It could just be a dream sequence where Deb considers the possibility...
    OR the writers wanted viewers to get that impression, so we'd be blindsided by the big reveal.

What's probably happening is they are setting it up for Deb to find out.
  • ysl313
    ysl313 Members Posts: 9,866 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    i think deb will learn that Dexter is a killer or something, wtf is with you ? driven theorists? lol
  • ...MVP...
    edited December 2011
    Options
    ysl313 wrote: »
    i think deb will learn that Dexter is a killer or something, wtf is with you ? driven theorists? lol

Lol, it just seems like something weird that would happen. In the first season, didn't Dexter say something like "Deb is the only woman I could ever love". Now we got therapy sessions of her talking about Dexter and ? ... I mean what are they getting at? Is the therapy session relevation just gonna be "Oh u got a good relationship with Dexter".... DUH!!!!
    Either something strange is gonna happen with those two or Deb is just wasting therapy money and wasting the viewers time. She already ? Dexters real brother, isn't that like the same thing... in a way?? LOL.