edited September 2017
    Options
  • bignorm
    bignorm Members Posts: 5,410 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Kat's right.
    Put your ? foot down.

I aint saying be like me, but my wife is a stay at home mom, and I aint washed a dish since she quit working.
    House looks better now than ever before.

It's equal sacrifice.
  • onthafly
    onthafly Members Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I agree, I need to put my foot down. I just wanted to get some perspective from a woman before I do to make sure that I'm not being selfish here.
  • BiblicalAtheist
    BiblicalAtheist Members Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol put your foot down. What are you gonna do? Put your foot up her ass like a child if she doesn't get busy on the chores? Ground her? Take money way? Threaten to leave? Best you can do is talk about it, but it sounds like she's got an excuse for it already. Lost cause imo, if she has no desire to maintain her home, you're ? , and so is she.
  • Kat
    Kat Members Posts: 50,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    We're all adults here, what gives her the right to essentially live rent and responsibility free as a grown woman? Because she has your child?

Maybe she's lost. Does she ever express the desire to do something outside of the house? Is she tired of being a stay at home mom?
  • onthafly
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Kat wrote: »
    We're all adults here, what gives her the right to essentially live rent and responsibility free as a grown woman? Because she has your child?

Maybe she's lost. Does she ever express the desire to do something outside of the house? Is she tired of being a stay at home mom?

She's really more of an indoor person. I try to get her out of the house but it's not really how she was raised. She was in school to be a pharmacist at one point but she dropped out long before we had a kid and goes back for a semester every now and then. Right now she's not in school though. I thought she'd be really great with kids but she's really just been getting very frustrated with our kid since he came home from the hospital. I kind feel like she'd be less frustrated if she got out of the house more often but she doesn't seem to want to.
  • huey
    huey Members Posts: 11,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    so what does she do all day then?
  • onthafly
    Options
    Not even sure if she understands the concept of being busy all day. She says she pretty much just cleans up messes that our kid makes and she does do laundry every now and then but the house is never noticeably cleaner unless somebody is coming over which usually involves me helping to get it clean.
  • bignorm
    bignorm Members Posts: 5,410 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    housemouse wrote: »
    Not even sure if she understands the concept of being busy all day. She says she pretty much just cleans up messes that our kid makes and she does do laundry every now and then but the house is never noticeably cleaner unless somebody is coming over which usually involves me helping to get it clean.

If your chick makes the house cleaner when others come over than when you are there, that means she prioritizes impressing others over you, really. In a relationship, as soon as other people's opinions become more important than your spouse/gf, then you are ? . Your opinion matters most, and vice versa.

People ? up when mother in law,gf, lunch ? , friends, bosses, sister/brother's opinions matter more.
  • blacktux
    blacktux Members Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I wrote and erased a long ass post because all i gotta say is...

Your woman dont respect you or yall situation.

I pay all the bills and my woman stay at home (the way its supposed to be IMO) and aint no problems.

LOL at having to come home and cook.
  • blacktux
    blacktux Members Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That being said if you are contributing to a messy house you cant complain.

Having a stay at home is no excuse for you to chuck ? dishes in the sink or not clean the tub after yourself etc.
  • onthafly
    Options
    Nah I try to clean up after myself. I try do stuff to avoid contributing to a mess and try to advise her to do the same like throwing trash away instead of just setting it on the night stand because you don't feel like getting out of bead and taking measures to keep our kid out of ? instead of just getting mad about it later and having to clean it up. She's not tryin to do none of that though.
  • BiblicalAtheist
    Options
    No one on this forum is gonna be able to tell you how to get your wife to give a ? about her house. She doesn't care and things aren't going to change until she does care.
  • onthafly
    Options
    Yeah I'm not expecting a solution. I really just wanted to know if I was the one tripping or if it was her. I've avoided being too much of an ? about the situation because I wasn't sure if I was in the wrong. Hearing outside opinions on the situation definitely helps me see things a lot clearer.
  • BiblicalAtheist
    Options
    You really needed other people to say 'yeah she's being a lazy ? '?
  • DR. JEK
    DR. JEK Members Posts: 5,331 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    She say she clean up after the kid but something ain't adding up here. If it's only the 3 of yall and the kids mess is being cleaned and you say you do your part to help when you get home does that mean she is messing up and won't clean up after herself?

If so you gotta ? the whip. If it's mess that you making then that's one thing ( you need to pick your own ? up) but if it's her and her ? all over the place you need to check her for it.
  • onthafly
    edited February 2015
    Options
    You really needed other people to say 'yeah she's being a lazy ? '?

Yeah she had me pretty convinced that she was workin hard while I was gone and then she always has some kind of injury every couple of months that last for a real long time and prevents her from doing basic ? . Right now it's a knee injury that she somehow got from sleeping the wrong way. I just wasn't sure if it was laziness or if some people just aren't built the same way. Both my mom and my older sister walked to work every day when they were pregnant with their first child so I'm definitely not used to seeing this kind of laziness but I didn't know if what I'm used to seeing is just my family or if people from different backgrounds would think the same thing. Had everybody come on to this thread and told me how hard it was to be a mother and that I need to do more around the house I would have figured that I was wrong and that their must be something about being a housewife that I just don't understand.
  • BiblicalAtheist
    Options
    What was she like before the kid?
  • REV_RAGE
    REV_RAGE Members Posts: 675 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It only gets worst dealing with her type mentality, at this rate she gonna let the child get bonded with you, you as well. Once that happens, get the wallet ready for child support, hate, mistrust and regret.
  • onthafly
    Options
    I think she might have done a little bit more cleaning but we didn't have as much ? back then. She actually used to cook too. She also worked with me in telemarketing at one point until I got into IT and started making money. She hasn't worked since. It's possible that our kid could be taking a tole on her. The problem with that is I want more kids and it seems like she can barely tolerate the one we have. Can't stand the way she treats him sometimes. I'm firm with him and will whoop his ass if he disobeys me but she makes it seem like she just doesn't want him around at times. I certainly hope it never comes down to divorce, child support, hate, mistrust and regret.
  • BiblicalAtheist
    Options
    That's a ? situation you're in. Good luck with all that.